eFootball (All Platforms)

If FIFA 22 is challenging then I’ll buy it. If it’s easy in Ultimate like the previous 5 games I won’t bother.
Two points without hijacking the thread the single player career mode , as one player , sounds good as I liked the journey . The rumoured debug tool may have the option to make it as hard as you want

I have this dog, well I guess ‘used to have this dog’ is more appropriate.. it was amazing..

I got him many years ago, every autumn we’d have the time of our lives get into adventures, create our own stories.. he wasn’t the most popular dog on my street but I loved him. It felt like we could achieve anything

Sadly as every year went by my dogs condition started to deteriorate. Sure we’d still have some great times but he wouldn’t always do what he was told and would shit on my floor every now and then, but I loved that dog still so I took the lows because the highs were worth it..

In recent years though it’s been rough, he’s just not been himself and to be honest we don’t really have the same connection. People have told me it’s in my head, the dog if anything has improved, but I can’t come to terms with it. Ok there are still the odd good days of fun and adventure, but most days it’s just a pile of shit on the floor and furniture chewed up. He looked amazing, better than ever, but behaved like a dog I’d never met. It was slightly sad but happens as dogs get older I guess.

This year though it’s got really bad, I went to check on my dog last week but found out he was dead.. and had been replaced with a picture of a dog… a dog I didn’t even recognise. I was gutted.

But then I heard that this picture of a dog was the future of dogs. It didn’t do anything I wanted and looked like a child had drawn it. But I was told I was wrong, not looking to the future, and I could have all the fun I had with my old dog for a price in the future. For £10 the picture would have a wagging tail, for £20 it’d have the word ‘bark’ next to it.. it would be everything I ever wanted..

I’m not convinced, I feel sad that my dog died.. furious that I now have a crudely drawn picture of a different dog.. and worried that somehow this fake dog will still shit on my rug.

I miss my dog. Great times were had.

Anyway, a little off topic but thought I’d share.

I don't get it, since I don't speak French. So this guy played the game beta already? Why did he have access to that?
No bro, it's the "new football game" beta, but it will be the same we will get. But there's another guy who played a PS5 beta and leaked some info, on Twitter.

There's one guy (perhaps 2 or 3) who have played the Beta and it's reassuring. He said the next-gen version (Xbox/PC/PS5) is far superior from the trailer in all departement, but unfinshed in terms of graphics, there's stuffs missing. They couldn't finish it before the trailer.

He said that giving that we can choose between "cross-plateform" or not. And if you choose "cross-plateform" and you got a PS5, the game will be downgraded to fit with the other Device (Mobile/PS4 will be more or less equal except textures and stuffs, next-gen is a different game)

And the game will "adapt" a bit like a PC game, to the opponent device.
So if you play against Mobile on PS5, you will get mobile version mixed with 60 FPS and textures enhanced 4k etc. but same physics and all

If you remove cross-plateform, you will play the real PS5/Xbox/PC version. Just not sure if when he said "cross" it was also "cross-gen"... Because if i play online, i know some people on Serie S and X, and want to play with them for fun : as it's free they will ddl it, some didn't buyed any footie game since on PS3 or even PS2, some since FIFA 15, then they gived up.

So, in fact there's two version in one. Not "one upgraded" but the opposite > it's a downgrade from the version they work on since some years. "Mobile/PS4 downgraded" then what we saw on the trailer (even if it's unfinished)
The complete "real" version we should have seen on the trailer on next-gen console. Believe it or not, but there's two reasons why i thrust him (don't ask me to search the 3 days ago tweet please, many here has probably seen it... Without thrusting it. That tweet has been RT a thousand times so)
First is will as the "cross" + DLC was probably the best idea (for them) the fight against Fifa. I don't think DLC will be that expensive, all together should gives you the same price as the whole game.

Secondary, as long as the game got the same overall engine, it's totally doable. Unreal is upper easy to modify, remove and add stuff. In that case, for a matter of compatibility.
Believe it or not, but it makes senses to me.

A "PES" with DLC for each interesting mode and some extra shit for kids to make mony, to me it's the same as a Full PES plenty of mode i didn't got time to play, like BAL, or many Cup mode, AFC mode etc.
What's REALLY annoy me is that i want the disc. Digital isn't my cup of tea when it cames to games i collect, such as all From Software games as an example.

Last edited:
No bro, it's the "new football game" beta, but it will be the same we will get. But there's another guy who played a PS5 beta and leaked some info, on Twitter.

There's one guy (perhaps 2 or 3) who have played the Beta and it's reassuring. He said the next-gen version (Xbox/PC/PS5) is far superior from the trailer in all departement, but unfinshed in terms of graphics, there's stuffs missing. They couldn't finish it before the trailer.

He said that giving that we can choose between "cross-plateform" or not. And if you choose "cross-plateform" and you got a PS5, the game will be downgraded to fit with the other Device (Mobile/PS4 will be more or less equal except textures and stuffs, next-gen is a different game)

So if you play against Mobile on PS5, you will get mobile version mixed with 60 FPS and textures enhanced 4k etc. but same physics and all

If you remove cross-plateform, you will play the real PS5/Xbox/PC version. Just not sure if when he said "cross" it was also "cross-gen"... Because if i play online, i know some people on Serie S and X, and want to play with them for fun : as it's free they will ddl it, some didn't buyed any footie game since on PS3 or even PS2, some since FIFA 15, then they gived up.

So, in fact there's two version in one. Not "one upgraded" but the opposite > it's a downgrade from the version they work on since some years. "Mobile/PS4 downgraded" then what we saw on the trailer (even if it's unfinished)
The complete "real" version we should have seen on the trailer on next-gen console. Believe it or not, but there's two reasons why i thrust him (don't ask me to search the 3 days ago tweet please, many here has probably seen it... Without thrusting it. That tweet has been RT a thousand times so)
First is will as the "cross" + DLC was probably the best idea (for them) the fight against Fifa. I don't think DLC will be that expensive, all together should gives you the same price as the whole game.

Secondary, as long as the game got the same overall engine, it's totally doable. Unreal is upper easy to modify, remove and add stuff. In that case, for a matter of compatibility.

A "PES" with DLC for each interesting mode and some extra shit for kids to make mony, to me it's the same as a Full PES plenty of mode i didn't got time to play, like BAL, or many Cup mode, AFC mode etc.
What's REALLY annoy me is that i want the disc. Digital isn't my cup of tea when it cames to games i collect, such as all From Software games as an example.
I just don't see why they'd downgrade from making versions for each device, to a crossplay game - a total strategy change, and a considerable challenge - only to then backtrack on this and make "two games in one", like you said. One for next-gen, one for current-gen and mobiles. Why bother merging them, then?

And why say, in every trailer and interview, that the BIG NEWS is crossplay? As I said the other day - we should judge Konami on what they do. What they've done is:
  • Released a mobile port on all consoles (in the form of NGFG), including next-gen (with pretty cutscenes)
  • Released a trailer for a mobile port on all consoles
  • Said in an interview that we're going to get a mobile port on all consoles
Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. But I'd say we'd all be better off if we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's the hope that kills you.

Last edited:
I just don't see why they'd downgrade from making versions for each device, to a crossplay game - a total strategy change, and a considerable challenge - only to then backtrack on this and make "two games in one", like you said. One for next-gen, one for current-gen and mobiles. Why bother merging them, then?

And why say, in every trailer and interview, that the BIG NEWS is crossplay? As I said the other day - we should judge Konami on what they do. What they've done is:
  • Released a mobile port on all consoles (in the form of NGFG), including next-gen (with pretty cutscenes)
Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. But I'd say we'd all be better off if we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's the hope that kills you.
Regardless how you look at it - ps4/xbox one users got treated like trash, coz they will receive mobile game. And since huge chunk of players will stick to the current gen consoles for.a while, whether its financial or availability reasons - it a right kick in the balls.

Graphics (and even gameplay features) can be automatically scaled down depending on the platform you're playing with.
Even Frostbite has this.

So, if they did things right, PS5 and XBOX SERIES X will have amazing graphics while PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE will see a decrease in terms of LOD and even the things that will be displayed on the screen, and even worse on Mobile.

There's no need for all of us to suffer just because of Mobile.

I repeat: If they did things right. And that's a big if.

Graphics (and even gameplay features) can be automatically scaled down depending on the platform you're playing with.
Even Frostbite has this.

So, if they did things right, PS5 and XBOX SERIES X will have amazing graphics while PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE will see a decrease in terms of LOD and even the things that will be displayed on the screen, and even worse on Mobile.

There's no need for all of us to suffer just because of Mobile.

I repeat: If they did things right. And that's a big if.
Yeah that seems easy enough. The bigger (and more dubious) question is whether they will effectively facilitate different "games" being launched vs different users, in terms of gameplay. It does seem that's possible though unlikely.

Did anyone have PES 2008 on PC btw? I didn't, but I've heard it was effectively two games packaged in one, varying according to what the settings can handle.

cheers up guys its only 4 weeks until gamescom, thats when we get all our licence news and modes news. maybe we will finally get back that stadium creator this year

oh...

wait..
Konami aren't confirmed to attend yet either, are they?

There's always time, of course, so they could do so yet. And it's all online so easier to confirm/prepare later.

Yeah that seems easy enough. The bigger (and more dubious) question is whether they will effectively facilitate different "games" being launched vs different users, in terms of gameplay. It does seem that's possible though unlikely.

I don't think they'll do that. I think the matches will be limited to the lower-level system in the equation.
i.e: If it's PS5 VS MOBILE then what will determine the quality will be Mobile.

Did anyone have PES 2008 on PC btw? I didn't, but I've heard it was effectively two games packaged in one, varying according to what the settings can handle.

I did, and I don't recall that at all.

Not a hope bro, it's a feedback from a beta tester on PS5.
He even said things like "grass isn't at the level we saw in the teaser but it's looking good enough"

It's not hope or speculations, it's a relay. I don't try to give you hope, not at all. It's not my type.
And @Chuny is right : a downgrade when you got the same engine is more than credible, and not that hard as you think to made.
There's tons of example, from PC to PS4 versions. The level of downgrade, big or low, doesn't matter : as long as you could.

That seemed pretty logic to me so i don't know why i should reject what he said because "i want to be pessimistic as it's KONAMI". No, let's try to be a little bit more objective, and balanced. Hope doesn't kill you, but passion kills your logic and common sense.

That's why i don't reject any feedback, from a guy who seemed very legit looking at his profile and answers. Konami probably leave him leaks some stuffs without asking to remove = as many people where disappointed, and they can't say anything before august because PES Production Japan decided like this.
The trailer was made with the ass : but they've said "22 july", no step back, people waited already too much.

Well, now my own opinion about the trailer : it's looked exactly how, on PS5 or even a PS4 pro or not, a game against a MOBILE user should looks, too much things doesn't looks right, and scaled. That was too weird to be the final PS5/PC/Xbox game, F2P, online or whatever you want. It just doesn't makes sense, Ronaldo face, missing keeper from a long view etc... Even for Konami, when i saw the evolution since PES 2018 to 20-21 and things added, with the limited Fox engine. A so big step back, i've got harder to believe it than what the guy i've relayed said.

Last edited:
I haven't hear that at all. But since I have just took an old copy from my friend's I can assure you that PES 2008 on low looks (shit) nothing like PES 2008 on high.

EDIT: Or maybe maaaybe you went wrong because PES 2008 on pc was (what supposed to be) next gen and on ps2 was a gameplay-wise upgraded version of PES 6

If you want more info about "cross-gen" and others modes there's a lot of tweets about an interview translation from the producer on Pesuniverse twitter.
I think it's translated from a Japanese interview. You got a lot more info than any complaints i read here.

Seems like you've stopped litterally to follow what the game will purpose only because it's F2P... Because i've readed a lots of things who goes from the feedback i've readed, practically words from words.
Don't burry it already. F2P is for us, old players (i'm 39 since july) something that sounds pretty bad in our ear and "for childs", but from my point of view, if you got DLC to get the complete game... It's the same game. Not exactly because it's all Digital, one things i hate.

It's the same game. The gameplay seems to be same bar the graphics.

But these initial Xbox 360 gen PES games on PC did exactly what every FiFA and PES games should have done to handle next gen ports.

On lowest settings, it stripped out all the shaders and other graphical features that could be handled by xbox 360 equivalent GPUs. Thus allowing the game to even on potatoes like intel APUs [Not even intel HD, but the ones that could only run ps2 ish graphical games].
Of course the game looked like utter shit and flat due to stripped out normal maps, 3d grass, post processing effects and no lighting, but the game ran just fine and good looking graphics would be the least of concerns for a low spec user.

This is why I never get why EA and Konami made old gen ports. Especially with PES 15-17 since the gameplay was almost identical, so there was no excuse of requiring better CPUs.

EA made similar excuse but it turned out Fifa 11 that used x360's fifa 10 engine ran just fine on potatoes- same potato that ran pes 08 and 10 on low settings.

The more I realize just how massive PES Mobile really is the more this entire thing makes so much sense. ALL the truly biggest PES YouTubers are actually Mobile it seems.
Apart from the YouTubers, the mobile players can fill up a country without exaggeration... Everyone now wants to handle all the games in their pockets. It wasn't meant to be like that but sadly it is now

Apart from the YouTubers, the mobile players can fill up a country without exaggeration... Everyone now wants to handle all the games in their pockets. It wasn't meant to be like that but sadly it is now
Yep - feels like Konami cut staff, streamlined the company and focused on their most profitable user base. PES Mobile has grown at such an insane rate (now that I'm looking into it). Feels like they realized that instead of fighting with FIFA why not just scale back and do what is making them money and is actually quite popular and well received. As far as mobile gaming goes PES Mobile game seems to actually be pretty good and very popular.

Yep - feels like Konami cut staff, streamlined the company and focused on their most profitable user base. PES Mobile has grown at such an insane rate (now that I'm looking into it). Feels like they realized that instead of fighting with FIFA why not just scale back and do what is making them money and is actually quite popular and well received. As far as mobile gaming goes PES Mobile game seems to actually be pretty good and very popular.
It is indeed very popular but pretty good? Pretty good for them not for us. They have choosen the easy pill.
I can't describe how actually the game is popular here in addition of other games that are based on microtransactions or pay to win shit. So yeah konami have choosen to give care and the warm side of the pillow to the kids who are ready to spend their fortune on the TOTW.
At this point, I don't see any return sadly

It is indeed very popular but pretty good? Pretty good for them not for us. They have choosen the easy pill.
I can't describe how actually the game is popular here in addition of other games that are based on microtransactions or pay to win shit. So yeah konami have choosen to give care and the warm side of the pillow to the kids who are ready to spend their fortune on the TOTW.
At this point, I don't see any return sadly
Yep, I agree. Pretty good meaning for that audience. Among the audience that plays PES Mobile it seems the game is far better received when compared to the console player base which seems to have a lot more complaints. Both online and offline players have a ton of issues with PES but it generally feels like the mobile community is far happier with what they get on their smart phones. We are the "older" fanbase that they won't REALLY need if they do focus on mobile and scale back.

I can't imagine that ML DLC being remotely good (it's an afterthought) but I would LOVE to be wrong.

First they skipped E3 and now Gamescom too?
It just shows how little confidence they have in the game this year.
Exactly! If the game in a good place they should be promoting the hell out of it not releasing a half assed teaser trailer that looks like it was done as a school project. If they don’t have confidence in the game how the hell do they expect the gaming community to have confidence. Konami’s usual lack of transparency is nothing new but the fact that they’re making gamers wait until the end of next month before they share any more info is just creating more frustration in the community.

Could you direct an old man to these tweets? :)

Could you direct an old man to these tweets? :)
I scrolled down during 30 minutes (no joke) then i gived up. Too much shitty stuffs about facemaking, Olympic games, transfers, it's a nightmare to found something. And it was tweets i didn't read. FFS i should have put a "like" or a RT, because i got no idea how to make a research in twitter (only account research, but not tweet)
I tried with the research bar but didn't founded it. Or Konami asked him to remove it, or i would have scrolled 20 more minutes to found it.

BUT i found exactly the same guy on Reddit. He said exactly the same things.
Just take a look:

@vialli82 Cheers mate. Yeah I have read that reddit post. But it's hopeful to hear that some tester seem to say that the ps5 is better.

But I'm confused, are they saying it's a graphical difference only or gameplay as well? I'm interested in the latter tbh.

This guy seem to say that this Galvani fellow says that:

Not a hope bro, it's a feedback from a beta tester on PS5.
He even said things like "grass isn't at the level we saw in the teaser but it's looking good enough"

It's not hope or speculations, it's a relay. I don't try to give you hope, not at all. It's not my type.

The "reddit guy is probably true" crowd are going to be the "it's just a mobile port bro, nothing do with the actual game" crowd from before.

Someone with real Konami credentials already called it out as BS (there is no way a random contractor would have such broad knowledge) but people chose to ignore the obvious truth and cling to the comforting fantasy.

There is no way the gameplay/controls change from one match to the next depending on the device of the opponent you are facing, it will be the same game across all devices with graphical settings tweaked for each platform, just like every other cross-platform game.

Back
Top Bottom