eFootball (All Platforms)

certain places just said things like "big changes for PES", and it came across (to me and others I've spoken to privately) as really blatantly trying to gloss over the bad news
Would that be the same Twitter account (no names mention) to whom I replied "You're putting lipstick on a pig here"? :LOL:

Tbf, if we're talking about the same guys, they've hosted discussions in which their guests have laid fully into Konami. They aren't homogeneous as a group, but their main public face is very diplomatic (too much so; that's the problem).

Tbf, if we're talking about the same guys, they've hosted discussions in which their guests have laid fully into Konami.
Yeah, I think everyone is at the point where they're now pushing the boundaries of "we're pissed off but can't say it, so this is the closest we can get". Credit where credit's due - and again, absolutely truthfully, everyone I've spoken to from every PES community (even the YouTubers, from classic PES to modern PES) have been the nicest people to chat to. We all love PES. That's the bottom line, and we should all love each other for still being here after (in cases like ours) twenty years.

Twenty years, for fucks sake. That's such a long time (especially when you're here for hours a day like the admin/mods are here, and all our glorious modding masters in the editing forum). All for the sake of our hobby.

Twenty years is also a long time to get absolutely nowhere with Konami in terms of feedback - and, to be bitterly frank, they're the folks I'm pissed off with.

I worked on a site called FIFASoccerBlog for, comparitively, five minutes. In literal terms, a year or so. Within that year, EA invited me over to Vancouver to see an early version of FIFA, and they took notes based on our feedback.

The best year I've had with Konami in an official capacity (in terms of feedback) is being given a link to a feedback form, which was sent out publicly about a week later, and was completely ignored.

Someone with real Konami credentials already called it out as BS (there is no way a random contractor would have such broad knowledge) but people chose to ignore the obvious truth and cling to the comforting fantasy.
Do you have a link to that? I'm intrigued.

Unless you mean the guy who posted here. Because that wasn't an informed perspective. It was a guy who worked in a data-collecting capacity who said there's a clause in the contract (and showed it to us) that means leaking such information is a violation of the contract. No shit, we knew that. The same guy also admitted it was very unlikely the guy would be caught using his own connection/VPN and not revealing much identifying information. So at that point, it only comes down to courage and/or motivation.

As for the Venn diagram of "it's just a mobile game!" re NFGOPT and "the Reddit guy is legit!", I imagine it's pretty tight. But it's possible to walk and chew gum at the same time: I think the guy might be legit, albeit exaggerating. Something about the replies just had the whiff of authenticity to it, to me, that I wouldn't be able to articulate. However, I was viciously denouncing the "it's just a mobile game!" crew as fools of the highest order. So that Venn diagram isn't complete.

Did you have followed the translation from Pesuniverse of the producer ITW?
Hey mate, can you link me to this? I'm very confused what you're referring to! I've checked both the Spanish and English PESUniverse sites and can't see any such interview (other than a copy and paste of the IGN interview, which doesn't state the things you are talking about here).

Did you have followed the translation from Pesuniverse of the producer ITW? It was out after his Reddit post. And it fits with what he said.
I'm confused too, but he said "full PS5 experience" so it should includes aswell graphics, physics and animations if it's an "experience". If it was only graphically, he wouldn't have used that word i think, and he talks about graphics separately.

I'm not sure to understand the tweet, it says that when he plays against a PS4, it "desactivate" PS5 things?
Well, personnally i thrust that downgrade system, it's pretty simple to do in fact, well with Unreal at least... With Fox it would be pretty hard.

I didn't tried PES 2017 version PS3 for example and compared. But the downgrade was especially linked to FPS and texture, like on PC. Animations? I don't know, but PES 2015 (i gotted both version on PS3/4) was practically identical to play, no new animations etc.
I imagine the “Ps5 Things” would be the dualsense. It could als be the loading time but online affects that anyway.

Yeah, I think everyone is at the point where they're now pushing the boundaries of "we're pissed off but can't say it, so this is the closest we can get". Credit where credit's due - and again, absolutely truthfully, everyone I've spoken to from every PES community (even the YouTubers, from classic PES to modern PES) have been the nicest people to chat to. We all love PES. That's the bottom line, and we should all love each other for still being here after (in cases like ours) twenty years.

Twenty years, for fucks sake. That's such a long time (especially when you're here for hours a day like the admin/mods are here, and all our glorious modding masters in the editing forum). All for the sake of our hobby.

Twenty years is also a long time to get absolutely nowhere with Konami in terms of feedback - and, to be bitterly frank, they're the folks I'm pissed off with.

I worked on a site called FIFASoccerBlog for, comparitively, five minutes. In literal terms, a year or so. Within that year, EA invited me over to Vancouver to see an early version of FIFA, and they took notes based on our feedback.

The best year I've had with Konami in an official capacity (in terms of feedback) is being given a link to a feedback form, which was sent out publicly about a week later, and was completely ignored.
KONAMI never realised the huge following of their game in Europe and especially South Europe (South America also). There were people within the community of PES who were capable to take the game into another level regarding realism and game modes/features. Their poor communication and questionable choices of the company's reps in Europe held the game back and people abandoning it to play a 3D version of Microprose Soccer.

Guys, can we arrange a vote? what is the best PES game (2015-2021) on the PS4 generation of consoles? Or maybe there is a thread somewhere on the forum where this has already happened? I'll go back to the old games, but since I missed a lot of new parts, it's hard for me to understand which is the best. Therefore, I ask for help with the choice as from experienced users. I really liked PES 2011 and 2013.

Guys, can we arrange a vote? what is the best PES game (2015-2021) on the PS4 generation of consoles? Or maybe there is a thread somewhere on the forum where this has already happened? I'll go back to the old games, but since I missed a lot of new parts, it's hard for me to understand which is the best. Therefore, I ask for help with the choice as from experienced users. I really liked PES 2011 and 2013.
You're spamming the forum with this question today. Please just ask your questions in the retro thread or you'll end up banned.

Reactions: Tom
You're spamming the forum with this question today. Please just ask your questions in the retro thread or you'll end up banned.
Sorry, of course. I won't do it anymore. But I would like to collect as many answers as possible. I really want to play. To do this, I need to understand which game is the best and go and buy it.))

If push comes to shove, I'd say the best game over that period was New Football Game Online Performance Test.

The fact that Konami killed the PES brand and all the PES social media accounts, to promote eFootball...

...but is using the eFootball account to promote microtransactions for PES... A brand they no longer want anything to do with... REALLY pisses me off.

Or, to put it another way:

In ESPORTS & Konami its more down to creating product as cheap as possible and milking it for what its worth. Nothing to do with complexity as the games where better in 2017 than they are in 2021 using the same engine PES hasn't become more complex. They could have just added animations and upgraded the graphics and left the AI alone and it would have been infinitely better..

I was more referring to the complexity of the dev environment and the massively increasing amount of data to manage with each hardware jump, not the gameplay.

The fact that Konami killed the PES brand and all the PES social media accounts, to promote eFootball...

...but is using the eFootball account to promote microtransactions for PES... A brand they no longer want anything to do with... REALLY pisses me off.

But when you think about it, that's what they've been doing for the whole of this year – the season update was just a means of extracting more lootbox sales, while knowing all along that they weren't going to deliver any new games for the faithfuls.

When the word "eFootball" was first introduced to the PES franchise it began the beginning of the end. Since playing PES 2020-21 i've developed a whole new appreciation for PES 18 and even 19.

I think there are still sites and individuals I (possibly unfairly) think of in that way, but I don't think they're paid or anything like that - they just know how you have to act in order to keep your Konami contact(s). As I know too, after we lost ours years ago.

Without naming names (and please don't, because everyone I've spoken to from other community sites have honestly been such nice people, and are entitled to operate as they see fit, as are we) - within 24 hours of the announcement, certain people/collectives on Twitter went into overdrive with their tweets about the "big news". Whereas most of us tweeted / reacted in horror, certain places just said things like "big changes for PES", and it came across (to me and others I've spoken to privately) as really blatantly trying to gloss over the bad news. (Compare that with @Tom's RIP banner. :LOL:)

But those sites/individuals are simply "remaining professional", cos behind the scenes, you don't know what their conversations look like. And, again... The choice is, do that (communicate positive reactions, or neutral at worst), or you lose your contact, and your contact is your one shot for your feedback to be heard.

Now, of course, our feedback has never been heard. That's why, after years of maintaining a cordial relationship with the contact I had, I ended up letting my frustration get the better of me (in a manner that I truly regret) and severed ties with them, so that I could be "more honest" in an official capacity. But I made that decision despite knowing that attempts were made to pass on that feedback. Ultimately, once it hit Japan, it never made it out of the inbox.

Why? Because it was made very clear to the guy that only feedback that could be demonstrably tied to financial loss would be reviewed. Stuff like, "there's a bug on old versions of Android that means you can't buy coins". Anything else, they said, would mean dev time for no financial benefit.

...and that's exactly why we are here, where we are today. And it's why I'm sad that people are struggling to let go, and keep hoping for any good to come of this.

I have full respect for you for letting up your frustrations on them. It may have severed ties with Konami but it was the right thing to do. If only feedback they take are the ones that will financially benefit them. Then, there is literally no reason to be "professional" and "nice" with them. They will never make

Fuck Konami and fuck EA.

1627568442028.png

I have full respect for you for letting up your frustrations on them. It may have severed ties with Konami but it was the right thing to do. If only feedback they take are the ones that will financially benefit them. Then, there is literally no reason to be "professional" and "nice" with them. They will never make

Fuck Konami and fuck EA.

View attachment 112903
But my frustration was aimed at our contact point, which wasn't fair, because they were demonstrably passing on the feedback that we had.

It's the guys higher up the chain, whose names we will never know, who take that feedback and pretty much print it out, screw it up into a ball and throw it in the bin, because they're looking for the feedback that has dollar signs after it.

Giving us a regens "switch" in ML is a task, no matter how big or small, that they can't immediately tie to extra cash. ML players buy the game anyway. This applies to almost all feedback.

The audacity of this company is insane

So with all ties severed, a complete kick in the face after years of loyalty, and PES being officially dead, why wont you name names Chris? You don't owe anybody at konami anything. [And all the konami people i have ever spoken to, Adam, Asim, or any of the other shrills, have always the been the most defensive, aggressive, butthurt bunch of pissboils i've ever dealt with]

I'm fed up of this hyper PC world we now live in where people aren't allowed to voice opinions, because someone else may get upset that people dont agree with them, last time I looked we live in a democracy, freedom of speech, if i have a view on something and it offends you, then thats your problem, not mine, but society today frowns upon anyone who has the balls to be open and honest and say what they feel, apparently we are all meant to toe the line, and say whatever is the kindest most acceptable thing, even when its a complete crock of shit and untrue.

Snowflake culture, pussybitch little kids who love the mental health bandwagon when they don't get their own way, and this is the audience Konami have now greeted with open arms.

So with all ties severed, a complete kick in the face after years of loyalty, and PES being officially dead, why wont you name names Chris? You don't owe anybody at konami anything. [And all the konami people i have ever spoken to, Adam, Asim, or any of the other shrills, have always the been the most defensive, aggressive, butthurt bunch of pissboils i've ever dealt with]

I'm fed up of this hyper PC world we now live in where people aren't allowed to voice opinions, because someone else may get upset that people dont agree with them, last time I looked we live in a democracy, freedom of speech, if i have a view on something and it offends you, then thats your problem, not mine, but society today frowns upon anyone who has the balls to be open and honest and say what they feel, apparently we are all meant to toe the line, and say whatever is the kindest most acceptable thing, even when its a complete crock of shit and untrue.

Snowflake culture, pussybitch little kids who love the mental health bandwagon when they don't get their own way, and this is the audience Konami have now greeted with open arms.
Well this is utterly unhinged.

You've gone from Chris's remark that he didn't want to name names to an all-out filth-laden you-can't-say-you're-English-these-days-or-you-get-thrown-in-jail diatribe.

Maybe Chris doesn't feel the need to name particular groups or individuals because he thinks the issue transcends those people, and aims (rightly) his ire at the executives. Maybe he also doesn't feel the need to stoke old fires, or direct bile and abusive nonsense at those people or groups, since that tends to happen when you name names. In that case, it would just be a little forethought and common decency – or, in the language of your blinkered worldview: "Pc GoNe MaD".

Get a grip. It's always the ones who whine about snowflakes who are the most likely to fly off the handle about the most trivial things.

In this case, it's led you to delusion – the idea that Konami are now greeting with "open arms" the "pussybitch little kids who love the mental health bandwagon" – I mean, it might take a psychiatrist to fully unpack what's going on in your words here, to be frank.

Yeah, we should try to move on.

It’s been already a week, and it’s easy to fall again on the Konami hating habits, but we should just accept they never cared about the community. That’s all.

There is also the great modding section for PES 21 and older games to re-explore and enjoy. Those games will never disappear. Personally, I have faith that PES 2021 mods will evolve to another level during next few months.

Yeah, we should try to move on.

It’s been already a week, and it’s easy to fall again on the Konami hating habits, but we should just accept they never cared about the community. That’s all.

There is also the great modding section for PES 21 and older games to re-explore and enjoy. Those games will never disappear. Personally, I have faith that PES 2021 mods will evolve to another level during next few months.
Not all PES gamers have the luxury of being able to use mods.

This:
It's the guys higher up the chain, whose names we will never know, who take that feedback and pretty much print it out, screw it up into a ball and throw it in the bin.
100%.

Do you guys think it's mere coincidence that after PES 2013 Konami started hiring non-Japanese staff to put them under the spotlight? Community Managers, Brand Managers, etc? They needed English-speaking, visible, recognizable faces that would 'take feedback' (ergo, take the blame).
Yeah yeah, I know there was a guy called John Murphy back then, but it was the only one we can think of from the golden era.

I used to lash out at Adam or Asim until I realized they were Konami's scapegoats.
I'm sure both of them (along with Robbyearon, Lygaard, Andre Bronzoni and many others) joined Konami with nothing but hope and a bunch of ideas on their bags thinking they were finally going to be able to help make the game they've always dreamt of. We will never know just how frustrated they were when they realized there was nothing they could do to make the game evolve.

Shit, if Konami reached out to me right now I would fly there in a heartbeat with the same delusional hope they had.

This:

100%.

Do you guys think it's mere coincidence that after PES 2013 Konami started hiring non-Japanese staff to put them under the spotlight? Community Managers, Brand Managers, etc? They needed English-speaking, visible, recognizable faces that would 'take feedback' (ergo, take the blame).
Yeah yeah, I know there was a guy called John Murphy back then, but it was the only one we can think of from the golden era.

I used to lash out at Adam or Asim until I realized they were Konami's scapegoats.
I'm sure both of them (along with Lygaard, Andre Bronzoni and many others) joined Konami with nothing but hope and a bunch of ideas on their bags thinking they were finally going to be able to help make the game they've always dreamt of. We will never know just how frustrated they were when they realized there was nothing they could do to make the game evolve.

Shit, if Konami reached out to me right now I would fly there in a heartbeat with the same delusional hope they had.
If they do, will you take pictures of your trainers for us? Someone needs to keep up this tradition.

Well this is utterly unhinged.

You've gone from Chris's remark that he didn't want to name names to an all-out filth-laden you-can't-say-you're-English-these-days-or-you-get-thrown-in-jail diatribe.

Maybe Chris doesn't feel the need to name particular groups or individuals because he thinks the issue transcends those people, and aims (rightly) his ire at the executives. Maybe he also doesn't feel the need to stoke old fires, or direct bile and abusive nonsense at those people or groups, since that tends to happen when you name names. In that case, it would just be a little forethought and common decency – or, in the language of your blinkered worldview: "Pc GoNe MaD".

Get a grip. It's always the ones who whine about snowflakes who are the most likely to fly off the handle about the most trivial things.

In this case, it's led you to delusion – the idea that Konami are now greeting with "open arms" the "pussybitch little kids who love the mental health bandwagon" – I mean, it might take a psychiatrist to fully unpack what's going on in your words here, to be frank.

Maybe it was a bit of a rant, but certainly wasn't 'unhinged' as you call it, i've been around on this earth for long enough, paid enough taxes, and worked hard enough to be entitled to an opinion.
And you've pretty much consolidated my original point, you didnt share my opinion, so you went off on a personal insult fest calling me unhinged and saying i need a Psychiatrist!!!! LMAO :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD: Point proven indeed.

And I wasn't saying Chris SHOULD name names, I was genuinely asking him why he didn't, given that the common decency and sensibility he was showing was not reciprocated by any of the lying, scheming Konami employees.

Anyway, the thread is about PES, and despite your attempts to derail it and twist it into something more, I'd prefer to stay on topic. So consider this a mutually respectful disagreement and leave it there.

Maybe it was a bit of a rant, but certainly wasn't 'unhinged' as you call it, i've been around on this earth for long enough, paid enough taxes, and worked hard enough to be entitled to an opinion.
And you've pretty much consolidated my original point, you didnt share my opinion, so you went off on a personal insult fest calling me unhinged and saying i need a Psychiatrist!!!! LMAO :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD: Point proven indeed.

And I wasn't saying Chris SHOULD name names, I was genuinely asking him why he didn't, given that the common decency and sensibility he was showing was not reciprocated by any of the lying, scheming Konami employees.

Anyway, the thread is about PES, and despite your attempts to derail it and twist it into something more, I'd prefer to stay on topic. So consider this a mutually respectful disagreement and leave it there.
I mean, my shock at your initial post... I'd say unhinged is the word. I'm flabbergasted at how much hate's in it, and that kind of post is exactly why it was years before we could get Evo-Web to be taken seriously by anyone in any official capacity. They'd take one look at the forum and go "you're not interested in a two-way discussion, half the posts on your website are insults from people with no perspective".

I was going to edit your initial post to remove that last sentence, which is just... Really shocking, and I really didn't see it coming. But if I edit it, you'll put it back cos it's "PC gone mad" and the "mods are silencing me", so I'm just going to leave it there so others can read it and make their own decision.

To answer your question, I'm not "naming names" because, as I said, my contact did everything they could to pass our feedback on, and without me pushing for it, showed me their efforts. If I was going to "name names" it would be the people at Konami who ignored everything they said, but who knows who those guys are? They're not public-facing, they're businessmen who are comfortably far away from the social media account.

For a while, I blamed the representatives we had for "not pushing hard enough" but it's like getting mad at the owner of a car dealership, because of the quality of the car. If he sends an email to Toyota and they tell him to fuck off, it's not his fault, is it.

Well I'm glad you've been paying your taxes; that's certainly relevant to having a stance on these matters.
Yes, unassailable logic there.
I think Chuny and Chris already put the point really well – the public-facing people at Konami, past and present, aren't really the enemy, and they get a lot of toxic shit from those who can't distinguish between the bloke at the customer service desk and the store manager. The fact you're still talking about them as "scheming" just demonstrates this really.
Oh, it was me who derailed the topic and not you who went off on one about "snowflakes" and "pussybitch little kids" – got it!

We can leave it there, sure.

@xPJRx You are completely entitled to your opinion, as we all are. But this goes both ways and can turn this Thread into personal slandering pretty quickly. And we don't want that.

You've spoken your mind. Please refrain from labeling other people or degrading them in your future posts. I think you can make your point very clear without lowering yourself or others. Specially 'little kids'. They are just that afterall, right? Little kids?. Would you want someone to call your son (if you had one) "Pussybitch little kid"?.

Let's try to keep this debate 'mature'.

Back
Top Bottom