eFootball (All Platforms)

When you realize in the future they decided to make a powerfull videogame in a powefull 4.000€ PC in the next 20 years and you see the stores selling new PC games at 10.000€ of prize and the game still shitty... :TWIST:
Mine cost around 2500, but was not to play Efootball xD now i do

Mine cost around 2500, but was not to play Efootball xD now i do
Mine cost 1500€ 13 years ago and still great and i do not care about new computers.
Efootball on Unreal Engine looks shit on my computer, because i already play Soulcalibur 6 at the maximum and works great with no problems at all.
The reason i still happy for this.
Hope see this engine great for more 10 years.

I'm really surprised the amount of people that are still buying the Konami spin from the last week, Footy United podcast somebody said roughly the following 'don't listen to what Konami says, look at what they do' and I couldn't agree more.

It's nothing but a fantasy that there's this super secret Next Gen worthy version that's been hidden and wasn't shown in the trailer and magically switches on when you play another Next Gen user or play offline. Seriously, come on! This is Konami that doesn't even have it's cash cow MyClub replacement ready for launch... :LOL:

What they say - 'it's a console focused game downscaled to mobile'

What they do - New Football Game Test, blatantly a mobile game at core. And the trailer that looks exactly like... New Football Game Test.

Logical conclusion - That Beta is the game... and the gameplay, no matter if you're playing on mobile or console or PC.

I'm really surprised the amount of people that are still buying the Konami spin from the last week, Footy United podcast somebody said roughly the following 'don't listen to what Konami says, look at what they do' and I couldn't agree more.

It's nothing but a fantasy that there's this super secret Next Gen worthy version that's been hidden and wasn't shown in the trailer and magically switches on when you play another Next Gen user or play offline. Seriously, come on! This is Konami that doesn't even have it's cash cow MyClub replacement ready for launch... :LOL:

What they do - New Football Game Test, blatantly a mobile game at core. And the trailer that looks exactly like... New Football Game Test.

Logical conclusion - That Beta is the game... and the gameplay, no matter if you're playing on mobile or console or PC.
I'm really surprised that people keep bringing it up here as though forum members generally believe in it. It's very clear that's not a majority view.

I'm one of the only ones prepared to say "it could be true". The evidence against it being true is paper thin; the evidence for it being true is likewise thin. It's perfectly possible, though, that it's real AND exaggerated (something people seem not to recognise as a possibility) – so that a Konami contractor who has worked on the game for ages will say the next-gen v next-gen experience is "amazing" etc., because he's invested in it. (Adam has made similar exaggerations for years.)

I think the default position as to the actual function and quality of the game has to be that the beta is our best evidence for what it's like, and the footage in the trailer looks like the beta (albeit, there are clearly scenes of different graphical quality mixed in – confusing).

But the beta also lacked things which it's hard to imagine the full game will be without – things like player runs and second-man press (even if the press is in the tactical defending style borrowed from FIFA). People have suggested that's because of mobile compatibility, but there's good reason to think the mobile version will be controller-only for cross-play, something I've detailed in other posts. So I don't buy that.

So in some respects, I'm unsure how reliable a measure the beta provides, even though it is currently the only concrete thing we have to go on.

In sum: I'm expecting a crap game, with copy & paste offline modes that are paid for (if at all present), where the graphical fidelity is below expectation (especially on next-gen), and where Konami do things like get you to pay to add extra save slots. But all of that could be true while the leaker is broadly telling the truth, namely: that there's cross-play switches so you don't play with mobile; that there are then graphical improvements; that the PC version won't be equivalent to PS5/XSX until a later point; that the trailer didn't use the best footage; etc.

EDIT: Oh, I also mentioned before but it bears repeating – to those who think Konami would never fail to use the best quality footage in a trailer, just look again at that fucking thumbnail for the trailer. Seriously. It is such a terrible screenshot, and we could all find better ones to use. That passed quality control though, and it's still the one they're using. For context, it looks so bad that people are making memes using the same image. Why was it used, and why has it not been changed? We can see with our own eyes there are much better images to use from their own footage.

I have some concerns about the modes and the Konami policy, but I'm not sure if I should share them, because so far everything I predicted and share with you has happened, and what I think will happen at the end of August/September ... I won't like the vast majority of people here ... at least to those who don't play MyClub. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people also have an idea of where things are going and what Konami's goal is.

EDIT: Oh, I also mentioned before but it bears repeating – to those who think Konami would never fail to use the best quality footage in a trailer, just look again at that fucking thumbnail for the trailer. Seriously. It is such a terrible screenshot, and we could all find better ones to use. That passed quality control though, and it's still the one they're using. For context, it looks so bad that people are making memes using the same image. Why was it used, and why has it not been changed? We can see with our own eyes there are much better images to use from their own footage.
Yep this is ONE reason I do believe than Konami actually could have better footage but are too dumb to show it. We've seen this company botch PES marketing at such a ridiculous level, no matter what we believe or not - that Thumbnail would have been SO SO SO easy to make 10000x better from footage RIGHT in the same trailer. Yet we got that monstrosity.

I have some concerns about the modes and the Konami policy, but I'm not sure if I should share them, because so far everything I predicted and share with you has happened, and what I think will happen at the end of August/September ... I won't like the vast majority of people here ... at least to those who don't play MyClub. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people also have an idea of where things are going and what Konami's goal is.
Are you an insider?

More importantly, when will the Shressi Iconic Moment arrive?

The thing is - I would LOVE LOVE A sub based model for ML/BAL. I would pay $9.99 a month if they could offer some kind of FM-esque experience with constant updates and easy communication with the devs.

I think A LOT of players would definitely be very interested in that if the product were up to par. I know this may out price a ton of people in some developing countries so still skeptical of this as an idea for EVERYONE but Konami CAN make money from offline players - we are all so hungry for a great ML experience after being starved since PES 2013.

I think A LOT of players would definitely be very interested in that if the product were up to par. I know this may out price a ton of people in some developing countries so still skeptical of this as an idea for EVERYONE but Konami CAN make money from offline players - we are all so hungry for a great ML experience after being starved since PES 2013.

Yes, but it will have to be the best simulation ever seen.

If it's anything like their previous games with dumb AI that does 1 or 2 things the entire game, it's probably worth no more than $1/month. And I mean konami paying me $1/month in exchange for wasting my time.

I can totally see Konami charging 10/month though for even worse gameplay than what they had before and then acting surprised at the backlash. In any case ML is not on even on their roadmap so that should tell you about their priorities, even if it does eventually arrive in the distant future.

Last edited:
Are you an insider?

More importantly, when will the Shressi Iconic Moment arrive?
Naaah mate :)
It's just .................. in my head I always develop two scenarios, good and bad.
In general, so far I have shared with you the bad one because it was more interesting to read, the good one is more boring and save!

If we ignore the gameplay, which seems to be terrible, at least until they balance it and understand that the new mechanics and the button mapping do not work! Let's talk about the modes and content that we will have in eFOOTBOLL.

In this case, the best scenario is to release all the modes so far as paid DLC, whether you will pay a certain amount for each quarter ... or annually...I don't know how the other live service games are, but I don't think it will be monthly subscriptions, it's too much work for so sort time and you're there for a month, and then you can leave, Konami doesn't want that, they want to get you for as long as possible. And they need to update it.. a lot if they want to keep you there !!
And this is a good scenario, the game comes with DLC and you order what you want, for as much as you want! Cool right? But here comes the bad scenario...

I've always said that Konami doesn't work on other modes because they don't want you to have fun there! That why the Coop mode is the same as from 2014, that why the 11 vs 11 is so basic and the same as a debate but If you have fun, you will do not care about MyClub, but now there will be nothing else just MyClub or who knows what they will call this new mode similar to MyClub. ..

Yes... Konami will slow down these paid DLCs for a long period of time, maybe for next year, and will focus all their work on online modes in which they will be based entirely on microtransactions and nasty practices used in mobile games. There will be a lot of time-wasting tricks, and to avoid that, you have to pay, they will come up with other ways to squeeze every penny out of you. If you decide to play for free, be prepared for a long wait and a very uneven path to your goal of building a good team.

If I'm not mistaken, some people already have similar concerns as mine, I just share them.

Let's hope for the best that can happen, despite all the nonsense that Konami does.

Yes , engagement. Well do not try to translate it with a common vocabulary. In soccer language means how well a player participate or is familiar with the defensive tactical approach of the team . Exp . If a want to press high but I want one player to be alerted for balls in the back of my defensive line how my player anticipate on that plan .
English is not my native language ( I am Greek ) and I do not know if I can explain that good enough.
Thank you mate, don't worry, your explanation is understandable. So it is more like "Player's adaptation to the defensive tactics". But konami always translates into weird terms like they did for "Place Kicking" "Ball Winning" ...

eFootball is going to be the most watered down game Konami have given us in years. Anyone who is expecting anything different is going to be very disappointed.

If eFootball was going to be packed with different modes, stunning visuals, tonnes of licenses and new stadiums, brand new, lifelike gameplay and original commentary from a brand new duo of (example) Martin Tyler and Gary Neville, Konami and the PR minions wouldn’t be able to shut up about it. There is one thing Konami and it’s marketing goons are good at doing these days and that’s heaping praise on themselves.

But even Konami and the usual suspects don’t seem to be able to fake hype for this potential shit show. Everyone has played the beta. It’s simplified, stodgy, clunky, boring shit. And the full game will be very similar - because Konami.

There will be no special edition PS5 Master League waiting in the wings. This is it - a cross platform footy game you can play on mobile or the Xbox. Open packs of cards or balls or wherever Messi’s 50 year old mug can be found. And you’ll gamble loads of your own money to see it all.

I hope it crashes and burns so hard that Konami regret the entire project. But I think it will do quite well because just from a glance at Reddit, all the kids care about are cheaters getting penalised in myClub and Neymar’s tattoos being correct.

The single player, us boring old farts - will hate eFootball and everything it stands for. Quote me on that.

Yeah, NFG even still had the player indicators from the mobile version. Given that they built the mobile version with Unreal, and given what we know about Konami and the model they are adopting, it's a pretty safe bet that eFootball is built using the mobile game as a base. It would actually be completely illogical to start a new football game from scratch with Unreal that just so happens to also need to run on mobile. In an ideal world this wouldn't actually matter, since you could theoretically switch your focus to "console first" once the port is complete, and the next-gen versions would gradually diverge away from the original ported version to the point they are unrecognisable, but this is Konami we are talking about, and so far the the evidence is pointing to the likelihood that most of their time budget has been spent on creating a cross-play compatible engine, leaving the gameplay in the state we see in the beta/trailer. Surely if they had anything better to show they would have shown it by now.

Yeah, NFG even still had the player indicators from the mobile version. Given that they built the mobile version with Unreal, and given what we know about Konami and the model they are adopting, it's a pretty safe bet that eFootball is built using the mobile game as a base. It would actually be completely illogical to start a new football game from scratch with Unreal that just so happens to also need to run on mobile. In an ideal world this wouldn't actually matter, since you could theoretically switch your focus to "console first" once the port is complete, and the next-gen versions would gradually diverge away from the original ported version to the point they are unrecognisable, but this is Konami we are talking about, and so far the the evidence is pointing to the likelihood that most of their time budget has been spent on creating a cross-play compatible engine, leaving the gameplay in the state we see in the beta/trailer. Surely if they had anything better to show they would have shown it by now.
Further evidence for this is the announcement that the eFootball mobile version is going to release as an in-app update, so it's not like they even need to rebuild the package from the ground up :LOL:

As for them showing better footage if they had it – have said my piece on their incompetence. But there's also the fact that it's early in the release cycle, gameplay often coming much later (when it wasn't F2P), and even so they could be delaying graphical upgrades much further down the stretch given the F2P/live service model.

In this case, the best scenario is to release all the modes so far as paid DLC, whether you will pay a certain amount for each quarter ... or annually...I don't know how the other live service games are, but I don't think it will be monthly subscriptions, it's too much work for so sort time and you're there for a month, and then you can leave, Konami doesn't want that, they want to get you for as long as possible. And they need to update it.. a lot if they want to keep you there !!
And this is a good scenario, the game comes with DLC and you order what you want, for as much as you want! Cool right?
I know this is your (admittedly unrealistic) best case scenario, but I can't even see it in outline, personally! I think the idea that people paying for content means Konami are obliged to work on it is false. Offline players have bought PES for the better part of a decade despite next to no work on the offline modes. Nothing would change in this scenario where it's DLC. The revenue would pale in comparison to other MTX sales, so it would be bottom of the development priority list.
I've always said that Konami doesn't work on other modes because they don't want you to have fun there! That why the Coop mode is the same as from 2014, that why the 11 vs 11 is so basic and the same as a debate but If you have fun, you will do not care about MyClub, but now there will be nothing else just MyClub or who knows what they will call this new mode similar to MyClub. ..
Hmm, I think it's a more general laziness. Co-op is a good case in point. (Btw, wasn't that brought in in like 2018, not 2014?) That was a great mode in conception, and fairly well-implemented at first. The fans loved it. But they delivered no co-op specific changes, corrected no issues the fans called out, gave them no incentive to keep playing the mode by having challenges and things specific to the mode. Nothing. But it easily was a money-earner if they put a little effort in – it was already integrated with the myClub mode. Co-op could have really driven lootbox sales if they just tried. Laziness.
Yes... Konami will slow down these paid DLCs for a long period of time, maybe for next year, and will focus all their work on online modes in which they will be based entirely on microtransactions and nasty practices used in mobile games. There will be a lot of time-wasting tricks, and to avoid that, you have to pay, they will come up with other ways to squeeze every penny out of you. If you decide to play for free, be prepared for a long wait and a very uneven path to your goal of building a good team.
This is my fear. I'm also worried about shit like this – https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/23/1...-character-save-slots-micotransactions-konami – bearing in mind: that wasn't even a F2P game!

Reading all this, I can't understand why the fanbase acts like Konami is everything wrong with gaming because I'm a new player from pes 2020, after playing the OG's when I was really little, and honestly... Current PES and now Efootball is by far the best football game ever made. The stuff that's possible in this one game when playing on manual controls is not possible on any other, not even fifa 16 which IMO is the last great' fifa.

That post on reddit is probably true, and there will be a much better looking next-gen version, a middleware current-gen version which was probably shown as it is similar in graphics to the new football game beta (which played great on manual, apart from shooting and random bugs) and the lesser and worse version on the mobile front.

I don`t agree with the majority saying mobile will fuck the game up, the best phones out there can rival the og PS4 and Xbone's CPU's, so It's not such a great difference. Furthermore, PES on assisted is already a cellphone game... The ball has rigid physics and is similar to FIFA in how it always arrives where it was intended even if you make an interception.. the shooting is really simple on assisted too... I think best is to wait and play the game, I am sure they are going to show up better than EA. PES2021 FUMA is fantastic on the ball physics, passing, dribbling front already. If you want the best you can always (supposedly) turn crossplay off.

IMO, they need to keep the pressure button the way it was on the new football game beta and not the pes2021 season update, make people try to defend and try to play, the square and x button cheapened defense too much on the last game. Add the RS switching button back, and it's a great game.

Reading all this, I can't understand why the fanbase acts like Konami is everything wrong with gaming because I'm a new player from pes 2020, after playing the OG's when I was really little, and honestly... Current PES and now Efootball is by far the best football game ever made. The stuff that's possible in this one game when playing on manual controls is not possible on any other, not even fifa 16 which IMO is the last great' fifa.

That post on reddit is probably true, and there will be a much better looking next-gen version, a middleware current-gen version which was probably shown as it is similar in graphics to the new football game beta (which played great on manual, apart from shooting and random bugs) and the lesser and worse version on the mobile front.

I don`t agree with the majority saying mobile will fuck the game up, the best phones out there can rival the og PS4 and Xbone's CPU's, so It's not such a great difference. Furthermore, PES on assisted is already a cellphone game... The ball has rigid physics and is similar to FIFA in how it always arrives where it was intended even if you make an interception.. the shooting is really simple on assisted too... I think best is to wait and play the game, I am sure they are going to show up better than EA. PES2021 FUMA is fantastic on the ball physics, passing, dribbling front already. If you want the best you can always (supposedly) turn crossplay off.

IMO, they need to keep the pressure button the way it was on the new football game beta and not the pes2021 season update, make people try to defend and try to play, the square and x button cheapened defense too much on the last game. Add the RS switching button back, and it's a great game.
I respectfully disagree. PES 2020 isn’t even the best PES in the previous few years let alone “best football game ever”. The AI is terrible, there’s no variety in scoring goals or the gameplay itself and there’s no content. It gets very tedious very quickly.

PES 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2013, 2017, FIFA World Cup 2010, FIFA 08, FIFA 14 and FIFA 16 are all far better football games than PES 2020.

We criticise Konami because they lie to their customers every year. They give us bullshit about “cycles” and “new engines” yet nothing improves. They release updates and forget to give their licensed teams the correct kits and transfers. I could go on and on and on.

A lot of us here have bought ISS/PES every single year since 1998. We’ve been loyal and we’ve been patient. But their latest piece of news about PES being buried to be replaced by eFootball, a game which is ‘online only’ and on a shitty mobile engine even though they talked about PES 2022 having life-like graphics and an improved Master League, was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

F**k Konami.

Let me ask the similar question, as it is stated in PC gamers.

How many mobile players, have high-end phones that can rival consoles?
I assume the majority have mid-range to semipotato phones which is very easy to obtain.

I mean, I assume the mobile code, can't be programmed having in mind the high end phones, but the more average.

Let me ask the similar question, as it is stated in PC gamers.

How many mobile players, have high-end phones that can rival consoles?
I assume the majority have mid-range to semipotato phones which is very easy to obtain.

I mean, I assume the mobile code, can't be programmed having in mind the high end phones, but the more average.
The fact that we’re even having the discussion about playing PS5 v mobile phone is the issue too. I still can’t believe this is a thing. It’s madness.

Konami had the chance to give us an incredibly impressive ‘next gen’ experience. The Series X and PS5 are dream consoles for developers from what I can gather. They’re powerhouses - this isn’t the Xbox One or PS4 which were already underpowered as soon as they hit the stores.

But Konami think “No that’s too much hard work. Let’s just port the crappy mobile version to everyone, they only care about unlocking Neymar and Mbappe anyway.”

The fact that we’re even having the discussion about playing PS5 v mobile phone is the issue too. I still can’t believe this is a thing. It’s madness.

Konami had the chance to give us an incredibly impressive ‘next gen’ experience. The Series X and PS5 are dream consoles for developers from what I can gather. They’re powerhouses - this isn’t the Xbox One or PS4 which were already underpowered as soon as they hit the stores.

But Konami think “No that’s too much hard work. Let’s just port the crappy mobile version to everyone, they only care about unlocking Neymar and Mbappe anyway.”
This is why I hope FIFA 22 is decent , I really hope that fifa destroys it on single player mode and FUT which I don't even use. Give them a proper business lesson.

I dont want to be spreading rumors and unofficial news but I saw a live from this kid from YT that said that Fifa 22 plays the same as last year. He was analyzing PES presentation. At the end he says that he saw other guy commenting about Fifa play test and said that he didn't know he could talk about the game. Then he finishes: "it plays the same, keepers sucks. Thats my comment about that game."

Where to start with this?

First, I'm FUMA only too, and the idea that the beta was great on FUMA is nonsense. The gameplay was trash. The only thing that felt slightly better than 2021 is the dribbling was very slick. But also, because of the new defending system, and because there's no second-man press, people hadn't worked out how to defend, so it was incredibly OP to dribble. Also: not enough player individuality – could dribble well enough with a CB through half the team.

Also, it's hard to take your point serious when you say BOTH that "current PES" and "eFootball" is the best footie game ever made. To say that in advance of eFootball being released, and with so much community-wide concern (across all quarters) about the gameplay, is just unfounded optimism. You can say it about 2020/2021 – I disagree, but at least you could make your case – but not the unreleased and currently potato-quality shite that looks to be eFootball.

Re the leak – I'm one of the few (here at least) who thinks it might have been legit, but it's comments like yours just asserting its likelihood that make me embarrassed to express that view. Use some critical thinking at least. The idea of these different versions – next-gen, current-gen, mobile – all being able to launch from the one game: that is quite unusual. Likewise, the idea that not just graphics but gameplay itself will scale across those different versions – if you ask people who know their shit, they'll say the way the Reddit guy presented it working, it would be unprecedented in the industry. Do we have confidence Konami could be behind something like that? Do we even have confidence this company will be able to achieve their cross-play ambitions in terms of making sure the connection quality/netcode is good? They've NO form for that.

Perhaps something similar to what he wrote is true. Perhaps he exaggerated it extensively, for whatever reason. But either way, you have to ask questions and not just take what you're given.

EDIT: Oh, and just did a quick search to see this gem – that the beta was "just a mobile port", unrelated to the next PES, that "hardcore fans" (read EvoWeb regulars) were "annoying" – just too eager to criticise Konami... Yeah alright bud. How credulous ought we to be?

If there is something kinda annoying about games, it is its hardcore fans.

I know everyone is tired of Konami's shit but this is in no way shape or form PES 2022. If it was they would have been much less vague..

"New football game online performance test"- It's here, no need to second guess it. They shouldn't even have done this test if this was the overblown reaction they would have gotten. People are reaching for straws to criticize them, they haven't even formally revealed their game

The announcement is July 21st, no need to lose your shit before that.

On topic I liked it apart from the awful bugs. Unreal Engine (even 4) provides much better player models up close, mind you this is an awful looking (mobile) port just to test the servers. You can see countless indicators this is not their game in any way shape or form, the dithering, the ghosting from small objects and shadows - all those are things seen in pre-alphas, games really early in dev.. calma calma

Last edited:

A bit OT maybe, but many people are becoming this way about real football too. No passion for the game unless it's the prime time highlight supermatch.
Potential Superleague stans... And these damn F2P MyClub style modes cater exactly to these braindeads...

This is why I hope FIFA 22 is decent , I really hope that fifa destroys it on single player mode and FUT which I don't even use. Give them a proper business lesson.
If FIFA 22 is challenging then I’ll buy it. If it’s easy in Ultimate like the previous 5 games I won’t bother.

Back
Top Bottom