eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I'm new to PES2021 (and the whole next-gen PES games), I've always been a PES6 afficionado, I played a bit of PES2009 & 2010 when they were released, but after that, only PES6.

I started with PES2021 two months ago because I just bought a very good computer, I was and still am modding bit by bit, but I play a lot, I started with 4 stars but after a month I moved to the higher level, 5 stars difficulty, Top Player. I am enjoying the game overall, but there are many things that make me really raging, I really keep swearing and insulting in a very loud voice while playing.

Here's a list of what fries my nerves with PES2021 :

1- Referee : Oh man! Oh man! The slightest interception from my side means an instant foul for the CPU. You have no idea about the amount of frustration that I endure, I would be already angry of the other stuff and the referee keeps adding oil to the fire. And in the stats it's swhown that I committed like 8 fouls against 0 or 1 by the CPU, when I'm playing City vs Fulham !!!
2- Players making an extra move when I already pressed "PASS" : So, I aim to build a beautiful attack, or progress the ball from defence to attack, my player receives the ball and instead of an instant pass, he makes an extra run, or trick, wasting one or two seconds and ruining a beautiful chance of a through ball or an advancing pass, or worse, losing the ball to the CPU in a dangerous position.
3- Players can't change directions quickly : The player who receives the ball is coming to the passer's direction, instead of quickly turning to the CPU's direction in order to attack, he keeps running towards his teammate, it always makes me rage.
4- Players bumping into each others : beacuse one of them is so dumb he crosses before his teammate resulting in both falling or losing the ball, ruining an attacking build-up or a counter-attack. Players in this game don't have a sense of direction and surroundings.
5- Cursor switching is so dumb when defending : the ball is with the CPU's player who's preparing to shoot or pass the his striker, I keep changing the cursor to the nearest player to block his shot or intercept the ball, but the cursor keeps going to the wrong player so I keep randomly changing until they score.
6- I keep conceiding the same goal again and again : The striker receives the ball with his back to the goal, covers his ball, turns and shoot = goal. There's nothing I can do to have the ball from him or even blocking his shot.
7- Players make a stop when the cursor switches to them : this one is soooooo nerve wrecking, I see Mbappé for example calling for the ball with a great sprint, I give him a sensational through ball and after that there's a 30 meters for him alone with the keeper, what does he do? He decides to make a stop, thus, losing momentum and even making the defender catch up with him. This thing happens also when I'm defending, my defender stops and gives an extra second for the striker to go and score.
8- GKs rarely charge into you when you're one-on-one : yes it makes me score easily but it takes the fun of it, I want to make a lob, but the keeper is still in his place, not moving. I scored some good lob goals but they aren't that frequent because the GK doesn't move.
9- Players are very dumb near the lines : so, the ball is going out but the player (mine or the cpu) keeps trying to catch it, he even touches it, resulting in a corner or a touchline for the opponent.

I think I could've forgotten other stuff but all in all that's it.
This game made me really shout veeeeeeeeeeery loud and using the most innovative cursing words.

But it's enjoyable, I keep playing it, I haven't played PES6 in two monthes, it occupies most of my spare time, I watched only 3 or 4 movies in these two months.
Im not going to say fixed as that normally upsets people but 8 out of 9 of those listed are addressed and vastly improved using mods. I would suggest using something like overhaul gameplay 2.2 in the edit section. I have tried many but stuck with this, its very good

I just can’t settle in a gameplay mod.

I’ve tried them all but keep bouncing around between:

esim beyond evolution
Twiggy v10
Holland AIO

I want to edit my own but there’s not enough info out there on all the parameters for me to go messing about though I did start collecting all the data on editing I could find.

Any suggestions? The biggest issue I find is that I lose some of the reaction in my players when using gameplay mods. I only play in exhibition so the likes of AIO is good - they have smart keepers, random events great shooting and good ai but players can sometimes not react to the ball.

ideally I’d like:

The default pace of the original
Shooting of the original
Variety ai of the some of the mods
Reaction of the original
Variety of the animations of the mods
Ball physics of the original
Keepers of the mods
for me this game just needs ai variation, at vanilla it s just bad repetitive, so i think holland s aio makes it the best football game ever made, so i think ur over exaggerating it, i wish i have the original game now to try holland s aio, i think i d never ever play any other football game.

ok so i installed football life 23, how to negate that friggin input lag on 144hrz monitor., what settings to choose to negate it.

I downloaded the latest holland mod which is 280mb something, i did all the steps in readme except replace the exe.
This means there s some.other file to download, i don t really understand which one is the holland cpk. As i said, there s dt 18 u need to replace in data, and the other is fouls to be placed inside sider

I downloaded the latest holland mod which is 280mb something, i did all the steps in readme except replace the exe.
This means there s some.other file to download, i don t really understand which one is the holland cpk. As i said, there s dt 18 u need to replace in data, and the other is fouls to be placed inside sider
exe needs to be changed make a copy of the old one then replace it

exe needs to be changed make a copy of the old one then replace it
So the football life 23 exe needs to be replaces by the one in holland s folder?, will that work? It s a different icon with different menu or it doesn t matter if the exe is different icon and named efootball 21

it s not working, i replaced the file and renamed it same, loads sider but doesn t load game
The instructions are on the FL23 website - you cant use another exe. Some modders including holland for some of his mods release a CPK file with the exe mod. They both do the same job. With FL you leave the exe alone. You use the CPK provided and rename is to one of the smk_extra files in the Football life download folder in the main directory. There are 16 extra files and you can pick any of them. So as an example rename the cpk file to smk_extra1 and then copy it across to the download folder and overwrite the smk_extra1 file already in there. Thats it.

For the dt18 file the process is the same as pes21 just copy and paste into data folder

The instructions are on the FL23 website - you cant use another exe. Some modders including holland for some of his mods release a CPK file with the exe mod. They both do the same job. With FL you leave the exe alone. You use the CPK provided and rename is to one of the smk_extra files in the Football life download folder in the main directory. There are 16 extra files and you can pick any of them. So as an example rename the cpk file to smk_extra1 and then copy it across to the download folder and overwrite the smk_extra1 file already in there. Thats it.

For the dt18 file the process is the same as pes21 just copy and paste into data folder
Ok so the fouls cpk file , i rename it to smk_extra1 and replace that file in download.

with fouls i was a bit unsure so yes i put it as an extra file and i also added it to live cpk folder and edited my sider file in the live cpk section.
Which ever one was right it worked.

For what its worth i would recommend the dreamsoccer v2 mod in the editing section. Fouls are built into that , more than hollands and better context too in my opinion (i mean i found in hollands the fouls increased but quite a few were fair tackles) in dream soccer the majority if not all are definite fouls

with fouls i was a bit unsure so yes i put it as an extra file and i also added it to live cpk folder and edited my sider file in the live cpk section.
Which ever one was right it worked.

For what its worth i would recommend the dreamsoccer v2 mod in the editing section. Fouls are built into that , more than hollands and better context too in my opinion (i mean i found in hollands the fouls increased but quite a few were fair tackles) in dream soccer the majority if not all are definite fouls
That s the only cpk available in holland s mod, it s called fouls

I'am trying to edit a scoreboard (UEFA NATIONS LEAUGE Scoreboard mod ) the scoreboard it self is working correctly but when I changed the textures for game2d.bin and game2dPes.bin the game close while loading the match , how can I fix that ?!

I used CPGE Explorer to export dds texture from bin files and CPK Manager to import textures to cpk
Photoshop to export DDS ( DXT5 interpolated alpha )

Just realized yesterday that we are almost 3 years now from the release of that game, and it was only a “season update” to let Konami focus on a new game and to come up with something good…
If PES 2021 was a half baked effort considering some bug fixes, latest kits and some new celebrations, then it is miles ahead in terms of football gameplay than FIFA 24's full efforts (looks like a rare, not even medium rare). This time, Konami have the biggest opportunity to do a comeback by providing atleast an enjoyable experience in eFootball, irrespective of graphics and licensing in current state, but I don't think they would.

But let's hope for the best for eFootball (although I have none left) and actually invest our efforts in improving PES 2021 mods and supporting the creators here.

If PES 2021 was a half baked effort considering some bug fixes, latest kits and some new celebrations, then it is miles ahead in terms of football gameplay than FIFA 24's full efforts (looks like a rare, not even medium rare). This time, Konami have the biggest opportunity to do a comeback by providing atleast an enjoyable experience in eFootball, irrespective of graphics and licensing in current state, but I don't think they would.

But let's hope for the best for eFootball (although I have none left) and actually invest our efforts in improving PES 2021 mods and supporting the creators here.
Pes 2021 only shines with the holland mod or fl 2023, the original gameplay is bad with a repetitive ai

Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right section but i recently tested FL23 after long years on a heavy modded Fifa 16. Had fun with it but its getting old and i really enjoy the FL23 gameplay so far even if i'm still struggling after so many years on Fifa :) As i'm new to this i have a few quetions about small bugs:

When i play a day game i have these strange effect with the shadows: Is there anything to do to fix it?

Also i noticed my J League side has very low attendence for some games and for some others the stadium is full. Is it a feature of the master league depending on your teams performance/opponents prestige or a glitch?

All in all i really like the feeling of the game, player movements and actions look like football, less stiff then fifan and the games are challenging, there are even AI fouls!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hey guys,

Recently went to team Red/AMD for the first time in my life. I have made quite a huge pc upgrade from my much older gaming laptop with a gtx1080 and 7th gen i7 cpu (where pes2021 played perfectly well, other than the ramped up fan speed) to the following pc desktop setup:

- Lian Li Lancool 216 Mid Tower (no RGB)
- Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- ASUS TUF Gaming B650M-PLUS Wi-Fi
- G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB
- ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
- CORSAIR RM1000E 1000W 80+ GOLD - MODULAR
- DeepCool AG620
- 1TB ADATA S70 SSD (primary)
- 1TB ADATA S70 SSD (secondary)
- Windows 11 Professional

PES2021 plays well as i expected, but there is a noticeable glitch ive never seen before (never with nvidia cards) where there is a line connecting only certain players to the ground..weird... Ive shown it in the start of the following clip:

So, i was wondering if any of you amd players have experienced this, and what are the best amd gpu settings for pes with my high end gpu card??
Notice that being a first time radeon Relive capture user, the stutter of the video clip is also bad... need to get the hang of this aswell, considering nvidia shadowplay was so much smoother on an old gtx1080 gaming laptop... wtf..

Anyways, pes2021 was obviously a fresh install, but with Holland's lastest and last great gameplay mod... watch the last 20 secs of the video gameplay to see a fantastic goal you rarely see by an cpu attacker!!! Brilliant...
Here is the replay view:

Anyhow... if anyone here could provide or point to better 7900xtx gpu settings for Pes2021 that would very much appreciated. Cheers!!!!

Hey guys,

Recently went to team Red/AMD for the first time in my life. I have made quite a huge pc upgrade from my much older gaming laptop with a gtx1080 and 7th gen i7 cpu (where pes2021 played perfectly well, other than the ramped up fan speed) to the following pc desktop setup:

- Lian Li Lancool 216 Mid Tower (no RGB)
- Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- ASUS TUF Gaming B650M-PLUS Wi-Fi
- G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB
- ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
- CORSAIR RM1000E 1000W 80+ GOLD - MODULAR
- DeepCool AG620
- 1TB ADATA S70 SSD (primary)
- 1TB ADATA S70 SSD (secondary)
- Windows 11 Professional

PES2021 plays well as i expected, but there is a noticeable glitch ive never seen before (never with nvidia cards) where there is a line connecting only certain players to the ground..weird... Ive shown it in the start of the following clip:

So, i was wondering if any of you amd players have experienced this, and what are the best amd gpu settings for pes with my high end gpu card??
Notice that being a first time radeon Relive capture user, the stutter of the video clip is also bad... need to get the hang of this aswell, considering nvidia shadowplay was so much smoother on an old gtx1080 gaming laptop... wtf..

Anyways, pes2021 was obviously a fresh install, but with Holland's lastest and last great gameplay mod... watch the last 20 secs of the video gameplay to see a fantastic goal you rarely see by an cpu attacker!!! Brilliant...
Here is the replay view:

Anyhow... if anyone here could provide or point to better 7900xtx gpu settings for Pes2021 that would very much appreciated. Cheers!!!!
https://evoweb.uk/threads/problem-with-new-graphic-card.91989/#post-3889978

Hi, i don't know if i'm in the right section but i recently tested FL23 after long years on a heavy modded Fifa 16. Had fun with it but its getting old and i really enjoy the FL23 gameplay so far even if i'm still struggling after so many years on Fifa :) As i'm new to this i have a few quetions about small bugs:

When i play a day game i have these strange effect with the shadows: Is there anything to do to fix it?

Also i noticed my J League side has very low attendence for some games and for some others the stadium is full. Is it a feature of the master league depending on your teams performance/opponents prestige or a glitch?

All in all i really like the feeling of the game, player movements and actions look like football, less stiff then fifan and the games are challenging, there are even AI fouls!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Which stadium is it ? konami stadium or modded stadium ?

Yes, it's kinda like feature in ML, there's a discussion of it years ago

It is a modded stadium (Yokohama FC stadium) i downloaded on PES Modding.

Ah ok the crowd thing is from Konami. It is fine but they kinda overdid it, it feels a bit empty sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom