eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

the main problem with this game is that even football life 23 didn t fix the darn one dimensional cpu goal scoring variations, they would almost always shoot the ball in top corner right side to score, i wish it had fifa variation in goal scoring, it would be a dream game, shame it s not, after a few days you notice the same pattern by the cpu and u get bored of it
You can try @Kolesnikcr7 latest GP. I am seeing very nice attack variations from CPU

Has anyone found an issue where the selected difficulty level in Exhibition matches seems to override to SS? It doesn't matter if I pick Beginner or anything in between, I get the same difficulty. If I play a cup match it goes right down, but exhibition seems stuck for some reason.....

I don't remember this always being an issue. Anyone heard of this or know a way around it?
I noticed this as well, I guess it has something to do with the GP mods

Has anyone found an issue where the selected difficulty level in Exhibition matches seems to override to SS? It doesn't matter if I pick Beginner or anything in between, I get the same difficulty. If I play a cup match it goes right down, but exhibition seems stuck for some reason.....

I don't remember this always being an issue. Anyone heard of this or know a way around it?
I don't think anybody knows exactly what it is although there are dynamic difficulty-sider mods in the editing section that at least confirms the existence of some sort of scripting injection into your gameplay regardless of the difficulty.

I believe that when you boot PES 2021, during the span of your session (the period of which the game is running from launch to closing the entire game, the game randomly toggles on some kind of cancerous dynamic difficulty script regardless of the difficulty you play on to create a sense of difficulty and challenge/stress to make the game feel, well... dynamic.

The only problem is that this was less subtle at previous points in time in PES history but on 2021, the nerfing and boosting are so outrageously obvious and disgustingly unplayable that it doesn't make you feel like this is any kind of football drama replication but rather just cheap, corrupt unpleasurable bullshit and a massive waste of time and blood pressure.

That's why one cuckoo theory I found is the second you whiff the bullshit is emerging in your match, shutdown the entire game, heck even restart your whole computer to get rid of the RNG shit the game randomly manifests for the session and reboot the game and try again.

I actually thought PES 2019 had more nerfing and boosting than 2021 (scripting if one wants to call it that way), at least in Superstar. But it's something that some of the 2019 gameplay mods have been able to partially correct. As for 2021, Dynamic Difficulty + AI Tweaks does a good job at leveling this, but as of now I'm not sure if it has other effects on gameplay.

I actually thought PES 2019 had more nerfing and boosting than 2021 (scripting if one wants to call it that way), at least in Superstar. But it's something that some of the 2019 gameplay mods have been able to partially correct. As for 2021, Dynamic Difficulty + AI Tweaks does a good job at leveling this, but as of now I'm not sure if it has other effects on gameplay.
Well Superstar by the very description I made above, isn't really a difficulty level as such and is more of a masochist experience.

It doesn't in any way resemble a challenge worthy of a highly skilled player, it's just crooked corrupt gameplay where everything you do is sabotaged and everything the COM does is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-perfect to give off the illusion of difficulty. It's not even subtly balanced and it's always been designed this way throughout the series.

As I said, I feel like it's more pronounced in 2020/2021 as this game is certainly different mechanically to 2015-2019 due to the over-the-top inertia and sluggishness of players in general and being pretty ancient FOX code by this point that it's bound to have more glaring issues when dodgy AI and control kicks in.

I don't think anybody knows exactly what it is although there are dynamic difficulty-sider mods in the editing section that at least confirms the existence of some sort of scripting injection into your gameplay regardless of the difficulty.

I believe that when you boot PES 2021, during the span of your session (the period of which the game is running from launch to closing the entire game, the game randomly toggles on some kind of cancerous dynamic difficulty script regardless of the difficulty you play on to create a sense of difficulty and challenge/stress to make the game feel, well... dynamic.

The only problem is that this was less subtle at previous points in time in PES history but on 2021, the nerfing and boosting are so outrageously obvious and disgustingly unplayable that it doesn't make you feel like this is any kind of football drama replication but rather just cheap, corrupt unpleasurable bullshit and a massive waste of time and blood pressure.

That's why one cuckoo theory I found is the second you whiff the bullshit is emerging in your match, shutdown the entire game, heck even restart your whole computer to get rid of the RNG shit the game randomly manifests for the session and reboot the game and try again.
I figured this out! It was matchset.lua and was switched on in my UML/VR patch for some reason. It was set to Legend by default and was overriding the in-game difficulty.

Last edited:
I figured this out! It was matchset.lua and was switched on in my UML/VR patch for some reason. It was set to Legend by default and was overriding the in-game difficulty.
Holy moly, I use matchset.lua to increase the amount of substitutes available (as the rules have changed)... How do I know if this is affecting me? Can you disable the difficulty level override?

Holy moly, I use matchset.lua to increase the amount of substitutes available (as the rules have changed)... How do I know if this is affecting me? Can you disable the difficulty level override?
If the difficulty is set to nil (which is the default one), you don't have to worry about that. Like this:
1693910062070.png
If not, then change it to nil. As it states, you can set the difficulty level to anything (0-6) within this module if you're not going to change the difficulty back and forth in the game options.

If the difficulty is set to nil (which is the default one), you don't have to worry about that. Like this:
View attachment 233132
If not, then change it to nil. As it states, you can set the difficulty level to anything (0-6) within this module if you're not going to change the difficulty back and forth in the game options.
That’s the one! Mine was set to 6. No idea how that happened. I wonder if it’s in the VR patch.

You can try @Kolesnikcr7 latest GP. I am seeing very nice attack variations from CPU
it s not about the attack variation itself, it s about the finishing variation, the shots and where the ball goes after the shots which tend to be goals for the cpu, they always shoot the same place, almost always depending on which position they are in the penalty area, in fifa u never feel this thing, because there s much much goal scoring variations on where the ball would be placed after the shot, this was never an issue in old gen pes, u never felt that thing, it s been happening here since pes 2016, still isn t fixed.

hello in this community there is a facemaker that uploads faces of people who paid to use them in the game and release them to use them in the players who are in the youth ranks of each team when starting a mater league??? The idea would be very good and those players are fictitious but it would give the game more reality, I hope an opinion thanks

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Does anyone know where I can still get eFootball PES 2021? Can't find it anywhere and when I do see it's like £300

View attachment 233132
I still don't quite understand how this works, so if I set my in game difficulty to regular, and legend in the module, does the module just override the in game difficulty or does it create some kind of mix of the two?

Like, would you get the responsiveness of regular difficulty but the AI challenge of Legend?

I still don't quite understand how this works, so if I set my in game difficulty to regular, and legend in the module, does the module just override the in game difficulty or does it create some kind of mix of the two?

Like, would you get the responsiveness of regular difficulty but the AI challenge of Legend?
It just overrides the in-game difficulty (no matter what difficulty you set in-game). It won't mix or make any combination of both.

Off-topic: I watched your "The history of FIFA" the other day. One of the best two and a quarter hours I spent this weekend. :)

Thanks. Will I be able to use other mods with Football Life like Virtua Red Patch and Ultimate Master League mod?

Sadly no since it's not compatible, afaik both VirtuaRED or UML only works with original steam version which unfortunately is pricey right now.

Football life is a-ready pes 2021 modded from SmokePatch Team, you're basically get a game + patch included in much less headache. I think it's a good start if you're into modding scene. Also you can still use some other popular mods aswell like Stadium Server, Scoreboard Server, Facepack, Boots & Ballpack, etc.

Sadly no since it's not compatible, afaik both VirtuaRED or UML only works with original steam version which unfortunately is pricey right now.

Football life is a-ready pes 2021 modded from SmokePatch Team, you're basically get a game + patch included in much less headache. I think it's a good start if you're into modding scene. Also you can still use some other popular mods aswell like Stadium Server, Scoreboard Server, Facepack, Boots & Ballpack, etc.
That makes sense. Thanks for the help and the warm welcome

It just overrides the in-game difficulty (no matter what difficulty you set in-game). It won't mix or make any combination of both.

Off-topic: I watched your "The history of FIFA" the other day. One of the best two and a quarter hours I spent this weekend. :)
That's a shame, So I'm guessing there's not much point in a module for something that can be set in game already? I know more modules won't hurt.

Thanks for watching, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

i had hope that they fixed the ai scoring variation in fl 23, only to come to a demising end, ML still same cheating repetitive ai scoring patterns,....such a shame really such a shame that we just can t enjoy a good story in ML anymore, like the old days of pes 4-5-6...such a shame

Hi everyone. I've become out of loop for a longtime with PES 2021 and all the new gameplay patches etc.

Could someone tell me which of the gameplay patches for PES 2021 are now considered more fast-paced and arcadey? Got some friends playing with me on couch sometimes and they all are FIFA players, that can't stand the more slow paced and tactical gameplay.

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone. I've become out of loop for a longtime with PES 2021 and all the new gameplay patches etc.

Could someone tell me which of the gameplay patches for PES 2021 are now considered more fast-paced and arcadey? Got some friends playing with me on couch sometimes and they all are FIFA players, that can't stand the more slow paced and tactical gameplay.

Any suggestions?
I would say try the Alex inception GP mod. Best for competitive imo.

Football Life (finally) clicked for me and damn that game is good! My complain about that game was about one on one dribling. Its possible but its harder.
What about those graphics? It looks like a real football match!
I played FIFA 23 first, then I downloaded FL. Man, FIFA its not a football game at all.

1695022082998.png

This is interesting.. I verified Steam Files for the first time in months (I do this whenever I want to install a new gameplay mod) and after verifying the files, this message appeared: "Applying Patch". I don't think I'd ever seen this before, and I'm not sure it means anything, but still I found it interesting.

This supports @Kolesnikcr7 theory that the Vanilla gameplay has recently changed for the better. It's something worth noting.

it s not about the attack variation itself, it s about the finishing variation, the shots and where the ball goes after the shots which tend to be goals for the cpu, they always shoot the same place, almost always depending on which position they are in the penalty area, in fifa u never feel this thing, because there s much much goal scoring variations on where the ball would be placed after the shot, this was never an issue in old gen pes, u never felt that thing, it s been happening here since pes 2016, still isn t fixed.

I totally disagree with this. In fifa all the AI do is shoot as hard as they can every single time and the ball is like a homing missile. There's never any composure or neat finishes, just power.

Back
Top Bottom