eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I totally disagree with this. In fifa all the AI do is shoot as hard as they can every single time and the ball is like a homing missile. There's never any composure or neat finishes, just power.
there are many neat finishes in fifa 23, u definitely play some other game, because in fifa u never feel repetition in the shot trajectory for the cpu, the matrix is better in that regard compared to pes

View attachment 235976

This is interesting.. I verified Steam Files for the first time in months (I do this whenever I want to install a new gameplay mod) and after verifying the files, this message appeared: "Applying Patch". I don't think I'd ever seen this before, and I'm not sure it means anything, but still I found it interesting.

This supports @Kolesnikcr7 theory that the Vanilla gameplay has recently changed for the better. It's something worth noting.

Seems like only .exe is being replaced with the latest official one (1.7.2), judging by the 430ish MB download size? If you had modded exe when starting the verification, it would be only natural for it to be recognized and replaced as a result.

Quick question (hopefully).

During season 8 I noticed that many times during half time on home games, the game freezes up. Which is fucking INFURIATING as when I play well, all my progress is gone. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this. Happens on both Konami and stadiumserver stadiums. Steam-bought, original game.

Anyone any idea what gives? I want to chuck my controller out the window when the game IS functioning "properly" (sometimes) and now it's throwing me this nonsense. It's pretty much unplayable at this point.

No issues at all with this before. Haven't changed any mods.

Quick question (hopefully).

During season 8 I noticed that many times during half time on home games, the game freezes up. Which is fucking INFURIATING as when I play well, all my progress is gone. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this. Happens on both Konami and stadiumserver stadiums. Steam-bought, original game.

Anyone any idea what gives? I want to chuck my controller out the window when the game IS functioning "properly" (sometimes) and now it's throwing me this nonsense. It's pretty much unplayable at this point.

No issues at all with this before. Haven't changed any mods.
@koningfrikandel

Does the game freeze up just as the players leave the pitch heading for the tunnel ?

I'm having a slightly different issue. For some reason, when I play now, the game is stuttering (FPS drops, used to have it steady on 60fps now it's going down to 40). This wasn't happening last month, when I last played PES 2021 (and it hasn't happened since I bought my gaming laptop, even replaced the HDD to SSD and added 8 more RAM recently, and it was working fine). The laptop isn't overheating either. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
@koningfrikandel

Does the game freeze up just as the players leave the pitch heading for the tunnel ?
Hmm I'd have to double check, but the last time out I think it did. It froze as they were about to enter the tunnel. I could press start to skip the scene but then the screen goes black. If I don't wait for the animation to start and just skip, screen goes black as well.

I did deactivate weatherconditions.lua a while back, caused no problems whilst playing as Ajax but subsequent seasons (AC Milan and now Arsenal) see this happening quite often.

Hmm I'd have to double check, but the last time out I think it did. It froze as they were about to enter the tunnel. I could press start to skip the scene but then the screen goes black. If I don't wait for the animation to start and just skip, screen goes black as well.

I did deactivate weatherconditions.lua a while back, caused no problems whilst playing as Ajax but subsequent seasons (AC Milan and now Arsenal) see this happening quite often.

Back up Your folder and try this.delete timeup folder if You have it.

Inside Stadium_Tunnel folder of sider there is a folder for example

Stadium_Tunnel\Team\Arsenal(or other custom tunnel team)\common\demo\fixdemo\timeup\cut_data\.....

It's got all the halftime and trophy cut scenes.
the black screen or freeze happens at half time to teams that have custom tunnels
it interferes.. I deleted the "timeup" folder.... but u can go through the files in this timeup folder one by one to see what interferes
This is what causes the black screen or freeze at halftime..

for the trophy celebration black screen..
you have to check the
Stadium_Tunnel\Competition\UEFA Super Cup (or othercompetition)\common\demo\fixdemo\timeup\cut_data\...

Back up Your folder and try this.delete timeup folder if You have it.

Inside Stadium_Tunnel folder of sider there is a folder for example

Stadium_Tunnel\Team\Arsenal(or other custom tunnel team)\common\demo\fixdemo\timeup\cut_data\.....

It's got all the halftime and trophy cut scenes.
the black screen or freeze happens at half time to teams that have custom tunnels
it interferes.. I deleted the "timeup" folder.... but u can go through the files in this timeup folder one by one to see what interferes
This is what causes the black screen or freeze at halftime..

for the trophy celebration black screen..
you have to check the
Stadium_Tunnel\Competition\UEFA Super Cup (or othercompetition)\common\demo\fixdemo\timeup\cut_data\...
Hold on! I did install a custom tunnel thingy a while ago...might've been that this didn't affect the Ajax stadium but does the others somehow.

Thank you! Will be trying this tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Guys I need your advice or guidance, I am having a new system where I will install pes 2021 from steam library.
1. Will I get all the latest update ( dlc )with euro dlc with the latest official patch? ( as I have right now) i don't use any mod.
2. As the game is not available in store any longer but I bought it from steam in 2020 I believe, so it's in steam library. I hope it will let me install to the latest version with the latest dlc?

Will be obliged if get an answer. Thank you.

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in this kind of content, for sure i would do the commentating not just the game sounds...
tell me what u think please cuz i need ideas for my channel and i wanna do something people wanna watch

i'm afraid no maybe someone still have the last live update
You can't apply the Live Update in game without Konami server access (which have now been shutdown), but there is a way to do it manually with mod tools (pesxdecrypter21 + CPK File System Tools) once you have downloaded the last live update files (26 August 2021) from an alternate source online (like Pesnewupdate).

In saying that, most people don't bother as they play with patches that have their own database (e.g. Evoweb, Virtuared, Smokepatch) that is modded to be fully licenced.

Guys FL24 is out. Please for those who downloaded and installed the game, write your opinion about how the game plays. From videos i see much improvement. I already have FL23 installed and i am seeking for the possibility to download FL24 if it plays better.

Guys FL24 is out. Please for those who downloaded and installed the game, write your opinion about how the game plays. From videos i see much improvement. I already have FL23 installed and i am seeking for the possibility to download FL24 if it plays better.

it's good but i don't like idea putting ALL the faces as a separate download (which is btw HUGE).

they shoud have put at least best players faces into patch itself.

it's good but i don't like idea putting ALL the faces as a separate download (which is btw HUGE).

they shoud have put at least best players faces into patch itself.
did they fix ai repetitiveness? ML ai not turning into barcelona? because fl 23 still has that problem of cpu overpowering still evident.

I don't play FIFA or eFootball. Always loved PES. I left games aside because I got a job and got busy.
Came back to this game after 10 months or so. 2 matches in and I remember why I uninstalled it in the first place. Absolutely inconsistent behaviour. My players are slow as molasses. My winger sprints slower than their CBs. All my defenders get magically glued to the opponents ass. Don't even slow them down. Their attackers are all master tacklers. Losing possession less than 3 sec after getting it. My skill moves are useless to their perfectly timed tackles. I can't sprint because ball just goes to them. If I tackle then instant yellow card. AND THOSE STUMBLE ANIMATIONS. ALL MY PLAYERS STUMBLING LIKE TODDLERS. I can't take it man. I hoped to reduce my stress after work by playing, but I am getting more angry. I feel like crying.

The modding scene is fire though. Last I played was VirtuaRed v4, Gentleman's and EPP. I play FUMA. I downloaded VirtuaRed v7. So impressive with all the stadiums, kits, faces and chants. You guys are awesome for keeping the forums alive.

virtua red is so complete not sure folks would like FL24 after virtua red. The stadiums during the day and summer is amazing. Does anyone know if you can have both patches installed at once?

Last edited:
I dont think I've done a ML properly for years but now I have football life with mods it's like being on the PS1 again , burning discs with kits and translations from Japanese. I'm so invested in this now it's like going back 25 years. I can see now where dynamic difficulty fits in as on default it proper robs you at the beginning

Hello everybody

A few weeks ago the game was good to play. I don't know what happened because I didn't install any new mods or anything about the gameplay, but the game became frustrating for me again.

For those who play Master League, any recommendations for mods so that the script doesn't interfere so much with the fun? I always concede a lot of goals with few shots from the CPU, I wish I could reduce this or increase my goalkeeper's skills. I have a series of replays here of grotesque mistakes by the goalkeeper, it's clearly the handicap. I also scored a lot of goals because it reduced the difficulty and I wanted to test what it can really be. Most matches are finished 3x2 or 3x3.

20231004183521_1.jpg

(Google Translate)

Hello everybody

A few weeks ago the game was good to play. I don't know what happened because I didn't install any new mods or anything about the gameplay, but the game became frustrating for me again.

For those who play Master League, any recommendations for mods so that the script doesn't interfere so much with the fun? I always concede a lot of goals with few shots from the CPU, I wish I could reduce this or increase my goalkeeper's skills. I have a series of replays here of grotesque mistakes by the goalkeeper, it's clearly the handicap. I also scored a lot of goals because it reduced the difficulty and I wanted to test what it can really be. Most matches are finished 3x2 or 3x3.

(Google Translate)
Personally, I'm playing with the following @Kolesnikcr7's gameplay mod: link

Top Player, no add-ons, and I've felt matches are fair and not scripted so far. I make sure I reinstall the gameplay (first verifying the game on steam) every 5 or 6 matches or so.. I've really enjoyed the gameplay too. :)

There's a ton of mods to help reduce that , I've already come off stock FL24 gameplay and put in dreamsoccer and using 21 default gameplay. Miles better
can u please tell me which mod changes the ai behavior in ML on superstar difficulty, i want the scripted gameplay gone from ML, any way to do it? which mod, thx

Personally, I'm playing with the following @Kolesnikcr7's gameplay mod: link

Top Player, no add-ons, and I've felt matches are fair and not scripted so far. I make sure I reinstall the gameplay (first verifying the game on steam) every 5 or 6 matches or so.. I've really enjoyed the gameplay too. :)
u see, top player , and not superstar difficulty, because superstar difficulty u can never change the ai scripted gameplay in ML... that s the issue for me why i always stop playing this game

Have you tried using Dynamic Difficulty and AI Tweaks add-ons?
how to do that?, i m really basic with mods, the only modded game i installed was fl 23, and that came already modded, if you could tell me how to use dynamic difficulty and ai tweaks and how to install them, im more than happy to try fl 24 with these . thx

how to do that?, i m really basic with mods, the only modded game i installed was fl 23, and that came already modded, if you could tell me how to use dynamic difficulty and ai tweaks and how to install them, im more than happy to try fl 24 with these . thx
I am not familiar with FL24 modding, mate. But I think it should be similar to PES 2021 (they are both through sider) although I'm not 100% sure.

Here are the two posts which describe how to install them, it is actually not complicated at all. :TU:

Dynamic Difficulty: https://evoweb.uk/threads/dynamic-difficulty-scripting-removal-sider-module.94139/#post-3944043

AI Tweaks: https://evoweb.uk/threads/ai-difficulty-tweaks-sider-module.93930/#post-3937572

I've applied them in the past on PES 2021 and they do make a difference in all dificulties! (Since I am playing TP I don't use them currently, but these are really good mods anyway which give the game more balance).

Back
Top Bottom