eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Please tell me if I've missed anything but, why can't I find a patch that's up to date that allows me to edit a team?
If I remember correctly there was an external editor which could do this, but I can't remember which one. But I think it is possible. This video is in Spanish but it could give you an idea..

Can the editor move teams within the competition structure, as in move teams from europe to different continents

Hi guys, where can I currently get the PC version I need to run the big mods with?

Thanks!
Hey man, they took the game off Steam unfortunately. And all the third party keys have massively inflated prices now. It's a scandal and truly the death of PES. Sorry but there is no way you can get the game legally anymore unless you're rich and money doesn't matter to you. But even then, don't buy it, it's not worth it.

Screenshot_2023-04-26-02-06-17-933_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

Hey @Kwiz well my gaming laptop doesn't have the most modern specs but I can perfectly play PES 2021 without issues (same can't be said about FIFA 23!).. I have an 8th generation Intel Core 5 processor, with GeForce 2 GB dedicated video card and 8GB of RAM. I do use throttlestop and power saving mode to prevent it from throttling and overheating though! :TU:

Hi, is there any chance how to limit audience? I mean not all leagues have sold out stadiums all the time. I remember in previous versions there was something like crowd server where you can set what's the crowd gonna be. Is it possible in PES 2021? Via server or via some other edits? Thanks

Hey man, they took the game off Steam unfortunately. And all the third party keys have massively inflated prices now. It's a scandal and truly the death of PES. Sorry but there is no way you can get the game legally anymore unless you're rich and money doesn't matter to you. But even then, don't buy it, it's not worth it.

Screenshot_2023-04-26-02-06-17-933_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
Phew I’m so glad I picked up a copy last summer!

Just picked this up again, it’s still ace. Takes a bit of getting used to again from fifa but I’m getting back into it.

im using Hollands AIO with excellent goalkeepers and smoke patch, it’s really very good. The only thing I’m struggling with is speed. On normal now feels too slow, mainly the ball and fast feels too fast.

it seems a weird ask but I’m looking to be able to tweak the ball spin. It feels like the ball needs to move a bit faster than it does when leaving the boot. I’ve just played on my old ps5 version and it feels much more fluid and faster than the modded version.

anyone have any suggestions around tweaking gameplay elements at all?

I'm also an old-fashioned guy who liked football a lot, but I think we can have a really good game like fotbal life where the smoke is trying to recreate a more rhythmic game and not 1 x1, I'm enjoying the game a lot, for me I have more 35 years old and one of the best games in terms of pleasure I've ever played, from what I understand it took the pes 21 engine and is making very significant changes to the game, what do you think?

I've been having problems where my Steam PES 2021 just simply won't launch for whatever reason, My sider is in a seperate folder and even verified the game with steam and tried launching that vanilla game and it just won't boot. I haven't done anything different to either my PES folder or my sider folder since I played it a couple of days ago. Anyone else ever have this issue and managed to fix it?

I've tried
  1. Completely re-installing the clean steam version and deleting my save folder in documents
  2. ~Uninstalled and reinstalled latest Direct X runtime
  3. Uninstalled & reinstalled my GeForce drivers
  4. Reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++
  5. Ran the game as administrator
I'm not even trying to launch via Sider, The clean raw version of the game just literally doesn't launch, Not even launching and crashing back to desktop, just simply won't run the game's process

All my other PES games, even 2019, 2020 & eFootball 2023 all work fine, with and without mods.

I'm at a total loss and cannot figure out what the hell has caused this.

Any shared experiences/suggestions?

@Marlon Anthony Hey mate, that is indeed strange. I was curious about your post so I went ahead and verified my game files in steam and re-launched the game, and it was working fine.

What's strangest about your case is that you actually re-installed the whole game and it's not launching, even without sider.. Can't quite figure it out either.. :BLINK:

Last edited:
I've been having problems where my Steam PES 2021 just simply won't launch for whatever reason, My sider is in a seperate folder and even verified the game with steam and tried launching that vanilla game and it just won't boot. I haven't done anything different to either my PES folder or my sider folder since I played it a couple of days ago. Anyone else ever have this issue and managed to fix it?

I've tried
  1. Completely re-installing the clean steam version and deleting my save folder in documents
I'm not even trying to launch via Sider, The clean raw version of the game just literally doesn't launch, Not even launching and crashing back to desktop, just simply won't run the game's process

All my other PES games, even 2019, 2020 & eFootball 2023 all work fine, with and without mods.

Just a thought, whenever you launch the game and it crashes, or won't boot, check the event viewer in Windows

1684266545274.png

go here and see if there is any error related to PES 2021.

I've tried

The same thing happened to me with PES 2021, it was working normally and out of nowhere it stopped, the game only worked if I clicked on play inside Steam but if I opened it externally what happened to you happened, I also reinstalled it and the problem continued and I couldn't solve it.

I use Linux, so for each Patch (BMPES, VR6 and PES 2006 Remake) that I have I can create a new prefix that is like a new Windows, I created another prefix and installed PES 2021 again and the problem persisted, the solution was I recut my patch folder to the other prefix which was working and I was able to play normally.

Just a thought, whenever you launch the game and it crashes, or won't boot, check the event viewer in Windows

View attachment 216491

go here and see if there is any error related to PES 2021.
Ok, Ran the game, didn't launch and here's what the event viewer has to say about it

Faulting application name: PES2021.exe, version: 1.7.2.0, time stamp: 0x62787c6a
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0xe193dcb4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000095d27
Faulting process ID: 0x4734
Faulting application start time: 0x01d98832997f7c4f
Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\eFootball PES 2021\PES2021.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: 61edba72-5756-4f50-9d4c-a294a94fdb60
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Now that I remember correctly, I had a similar issue with PES 2017 not too long ago, I couldn't start the game using the Desktop Shortcut. However, when going inside of Steam and starting the game through there, it was solved. Maybe you could try starting PES 2021 inside of Steam instead of using the shortcut..

Ok, Ran the game, didn't launch and here's what the event viewer has to say about it

Faulting application name: PES2021.exe, version: 1.7.2.0, time stamp: 0x62787c6a
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0xe193dcb4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000095d27
Faulting process ID: 0x4734
Faulting application start time: 0x01d98832997f7c4f
Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\eFootball PES 2021\PES2021.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: 61edba72-5756-4f50-9d4c-a294a94fdb60
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Check the solution suggested at the bottom of this thread (the guy had never done a full shutdown of Windows due to its silly default settings, crazy but true)...

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling/reinstalling the latest DirectX, and finally video drivers. Sometimes things will just break themselves over time!

Check the solution suggested at the bottom of this thread (the guy had never done a full shutdown of Windows due to its silly default settings, crazy but true)...

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling/reinstalling the latest DirectX, and finally video drivers. Sometimes things will just break themselves over time!
I second this. Seems like a faulty DirectX build. considering that game is installed from Steam, DirectX should be fine, but still.

Official link for DirectX:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Maybe you could try starting PES 2021 inside of Steam instead of using the shortcut..
Thanks, but I've already tried that. It starts trying to run than just aborts after a few seconds.

I second this. Seems like a faulty DirectX build. considering that game is installed from Steam, DirectX should be fine, but still.

Official link for DirectX:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Thanks for these ones guys, I've tried the cmd shutdown like @Chris Davies mentioned and I've reinstalled DX but still no luck.

However I'm beginning to suspect it may be DX12 related, I'll upload a log from the diag when I get home, from what I understand the Direct X updates don't cover DX12, That's instead handled by Windows Updates.

So it appears there's no way to manually install or repair DX12, I just have to wait for Windows to release a new version through the update and who knows when that'll happen.

@Marlon Anthony DirectX 12 has nothing to do with the game (PES 2021) since it's using DirectX 11 API. Your event viewer log suggests that you have some access violation in memory. It can often happen when you either have faulty memory (RAM) or corrupted drivers. You could try scanning and fixing the system files.

To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:
In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

Let me know if it fixes your issue. You can PM me if you have any doubts or need more workarounds. :)

@Marlon Anthony DirectX 12 has nothing to do with the game (PES 2021) since it's using DirectX 11 API. Your event viewer log suggests that you have some access violation in memory. It can often happen when you either have faulty memory (RAM) or corrupted drivers. You could try scanning and fixing the system files.

In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

Let me know if it fixes your issue. You can PM me if you have any doubts or need more workarounds. :)
Thanks man that's very helpful, I'll give this a whirl when I get home.

Thank Dev, This one did the trick!

Thanks to everyone for your help though and your ideas, it's greatly appreciated. It's the only downside to PC gaming that as awesome as it is to play games in the highest quality and with incredible mods - Sometimes you spend more time troubleshooting random shit that goes wrong for no explicable reason before you can even play the damn thing.

Thank Dev, This one did the trick!

Thanks to everyone for your help though and your ideas, it's greatly appreciated. It's the only downside to PC gaming that as awesome as it is to play games in the highest quality and with incredible mods - Sometimes you spend more time troubleshooting random shit that goes wrong for no explicable reason before you can even play the damn thing.
You are a genius @DevPlays (and you've helped me out plenty of times in the past with PES and FIFA modding), you deserve a medal. Love this community.

do we have a SP Football Life thread anywhere? had to do a full reinstall but every time i do it, it fails to create the sdata.exe file and therefore wont eventually start the game after installation complete. turned off all my AV and everything and it just wont work. anyone else had this and managed to resolve?

I just can’t settle in a gameplay mod.

I’ve tried them all but keep bouncing around between:

esim beyond evolution
Twiggy v10
Holland AIO

I want to edit my own but there’s not enough info out there on all the parameters for me to go messing about though I did start collecting all the data on editing I could find.

Any suggestions? The biggest issue I find is that I lose some of the reaction in my players when using gameplay mods. I only play in exhibition so the likes of AIO is good - they have smart keepers, random events great shooting and good ai but players can sometimes not react to the ball.

ideally I’d like:

The default pace of the original
Shooting of the original
Variety ai of the some of the mods
Reaction of the original
Variety of the animations of the mods
Ball physics of the original
Keepers of the mods

Back
Top Bottom