eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Are we allowed discussing this Football life 2023 on the forum?

If we are not, please admins just delete my post.
I just gave the "game" a go and it feels same same but different. And actually more different than I was expecting.
The pitch feels a bit more compressed and marking also feels tighter. I have seen a bit more variety in attack from the cpu too, such as strikers doing lay offs instead of the turn and shoot thing, may be a bit more of dribbling too from the cpu. More variety in shooting too?

On the weird side, I feel like body models are a bit different than the retail game, like the legs are skinnier (I remember when messing with the gameplay module back in PES17 changing some values too extremely was giving this skinny legs and strange body model particularly with small players).
Also, I am using manual passes and some times, when I try a very soft front pass , my players does a back pass instead.

Are we allowed to discuss this Football life 2023 on the forum?

If we are not, please admins just delete my post.
I just gave the "game" a go and it feels same same but different. And actually more different than I was expecting.
The pitch feels a bit more compressed and marking also feels tighter. I have seen a bit more variety in attack from the cpu too, such as strikers doing lay offs instead of the turn and shoot thing, may be a bit more of dribbling too from the cpu. More variety in shooting too?

On the weird side, I feel like body models are a bit different than the retail game, like the legs are skinnier (I remember when messing with the gameplay module back in PES17 changing some values too extremely was giving this skinny legs and strange body model particularly with small players).
Also, I am using manual passes and some times, when I try a very soft front pass , my players does a back pass instead.
I was going to post about Football Life also. I found the same as you Pap, it was more different than I expected and I'm quite enjoying it at the moment. The ball being a lot slower is a really nice addition.

If we could just sort out the defenders running backwards based on attacking runs (or even reducing those long straight runs) the midfield would come alive much more.

Hello!

Please suggest good gameplay / graphic mods for PES2021 I can use via Sider which only affect the visuals (or physics) of the match, but do not affect the edited team / player data.

It is important that I am looking for a mod - mods that can be used through Sider.
I like using the "small details", "dirt stains", and "real turf" mods that make the turfs look more worn out. You can find these mods in the links provided above. :) I recommend using these three modules as they are very easy to install in sider and are pretty nice touches. :TU:

I beceme his patreon supporter, donwloaded his mods, but it's seems a bit tricky...
I must go and edit manually EVERY team's home ground set to default to use his mods.
:(
Update: Jeremiah says, that's an outdated descr. there is another way, no need to edit manually.

Last edited:
I did a bit of digging of this football life thing. When switching from the football life gameplay to the pes21 one, only one file is different (different size), the dt18.
So that's just a good gameplay mod. I don't know where they get their exe from though.
Good spot. After reading I tried putting the dt18 from FL23 into my existing VirtuaRed patch and the gameplay seems the same. That saves me a lot of time!

I did a bit of digging of this football life thing. When switching from the football life gameplay to the pes21 one, only one file is different (different size), the dt18.
So that's just a good gameplay mod. I don't know where they get their exe from though.
Oh neat then I can just replace dt18 with others I have if I wanna mess with it (whenever I get around to trying it).

Ah, interesting! I've always wondered to what extent "just" a dt18 file could alter the game, guess it's by a lot. Is that dt18 file separately available somehow?

I said this and I'll say this again, the EXE is from CPY crack (Version 1.01 Vanilla cracked).

I said this and I'll say this again, the EXE is from CPY crack (Version 1.01 Vanilla cracked).
I guess this might be the reason they weren't able to add stadiums like Wembley, Gazprom Arena, and pretty much those which came after 1.01. If anyone wants to add them, just move your dt30 from original PES data folder to FL data folder. Works perfectly

I've been playing PES 2021 (VirtuaRed) with the FBLife 2023 dt18 (so I'm not really sure what game I'm actually playing :LMAO: ) .... but I've come up with a couple of pretty quick little tactical adjustments that works on multiple formations etc and it's really helping with the midfield game/spacing across the pitch. I need to iron out a couple of little things and I'll post details on how to do it. I've had some really engaging and balanced matches with this - and I haven't used that word to describe PES 2021 ever I don't think.

It's not that it magically makes the game way more compressed, but I'm finding it is having a really positive impact on behaviour, distances and is impacting both attacking and defensive aspects of the game.

I'm essentially getting the base team shape to sit higher (both on and off the ball - and with a few added subtle adjustments to balance things) which means the teams are meeting and covering in more realistic parts of the field to create resistance and balance. Defensively I'm getting the midfield to engage higher and offensively I'm finding I have more teammates entering attacking areas, which is actually helping the game feel less end to end, but more interesting.

A few little tweaks, combined with what is a great dt18, have helped bring the game to life much more for me. It also seems to have also helped with playing the long ball to the striker.

eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2022.11.14 - 22.27.15.19.png

Last edited:
I've been playing PES 2021 (VirtuaRed) with the FBLife 2023 dt18 (so I'm not really sure what game I'm actually playing :LMAO: ) .... but I've come up with a couple of pretty quick little tactical adjustments that works on multiple formations etc and it's really helping with the midfield game/spacing across the pitch. I need to iron out a couple of little things and I'll post details on how to do it. I've had some really engaging and balanced matches with this - and I haven't used that word to describe PES 2021 ever I don't think.

It's not that it magically makes the game way more compressed, but I'm finding it is having a really positive impact on behaviour, distances and is impacting both attacking and defensive aspects of the game.

I'm essentially getting the base team shape to sit higher (both on and off the ball - and with a few added subtle adjustments to balance things) which means the teams are meeting and covering in more realistic parts of the field to create resistance and balance. Defensively I'm getting the midfield to engage higher and offensively I'm finding I have more teammates entering attacking areas, which is actually helping the game feel less end to end, but more interesting.

A few little tweaks, combined with what is a great dt18, have helped bring the game to life much more for me. It also seems to have also helped with playing the long ball to the striker.

View attachment 187415
The only thing in FL gameplay that I didn't like is the through balls which are OP when pinging them ahead, but we PES players have been used to making through balls diagonally as well, which always is sluggish in this gameplay and breaks the momentum of the play. Otherwise, the attack variety which this GP gives is unmatched.

I guess this might be the reason they weren't able to add stadiums like Wembley, Gazprom Arena, and pretty much those which came after 1.01. If anyone wants to add them, just move your dt30 from original PES data folder to FL data folder. Works perfectly
it will be missing the updates for things like Ibrox though

Football Life all PES 2021 stadiums

copy these files into data in Football Life folder

Good spot. After reading I tried putting the dt18 from FL23 into my existing VirtuaRed patch and the gameplay seems the same. That saves me a lot of time!

It plays faster with virtuared (pes21 exe) compared with FL23, it is paricularily noticeable on pass speed. Also there is less fouls (much more on FL23).

Last edited:
at the risk of sounding repetitive...is the dt18 file - so gameplay only - available as a separate download? gotten quite intrigued by the feedback on it in this thread.

at the risk of sounding repetitive...is the dt18 file - so gameplay only - available as a separate download? gotten quite intrigued by the feedback on it in this thread.
FL2023 has a modified DT18 by default it has a switcher witch install the default PES21 DT18. I found the mod very good but FUMA is broken - hard driven cross field pass is a no-no results in a soft easy readable easily defendable terrible pass usually falling short half the distance with this gameplay mod.

It's a good gameplay mod but it's just broken on manual passes especially air balls for me, there is no kind of marker for your control input. The gameplay mod is also very slow because of the "logic" going on. Yet no one seems to have the issues I have with it.

I'm trying different GP mods but still haven't come to a conclusion on what is going on to recommend one. I keep asking myself is this default gameplay? I am going slightly mad... 🤣

Hi friends , is there anybody knows how can I change the fake id to real ones for asia players that have 10 digit id ?
I want to change to real one to can change their face to real ones.
the fake id dont let me to change them with sider.
please help if anybody knows.

Further to this post from the other day, I've been tweaking and I'm seeing more and more positive things. The changes will be quick and easy to implement, as well as keeping lots of room for individual tactics/formations etc.

I've noticed tonight that the CPU is playing so much more varied now that there's different areas of the pitch being occupied. I've seen things in the last two games that I don't think I've ever seen before on PES 2021.

Let this play out and see how you find it guys. For reference, this video is the VirtuaRed patch with the dt18 from FBL2023+the tactical adjustment I've made. Professional difficulty and full manual. I'll make a video about the changes but you can get a decent idea from the start of the video anyway.

Remember, it's not a magic fix for everything, but just watch the spacing/distances and behaviour from the CPU especially. It feels much more varied and natural.

I'm noticing more of these things now -

- There's a lot less of the defensive line running backwards and creating a hole. The defenders are stepping up more to meet the ball and intercept.
- There's more resistance when playing the ball out of defence.
- Recovery positions are better.
- The long ball to the striker is far less effective.
- There's much more variety to the CPU's approach. They switch more, play it back, play it in behind.

Last edited:
In SP FB 2023, the handicapping and manufacture of failures of your players still exists blatantly when the cpu wanted a goal. Weird thing happened to your player and then a chain reaction happened that further sabotage all your efforts to tackle or clear the ball. When the triggered started, cpus suddenly have god like moment and your team positions and formation are rigged after the trigger to the point that you could not do anything about it but concede. Still unfair KONAMI-ingrained-sabotage-and-handicap-traces of gameplay codes which could never be removed entirely by any gameplay mods.

Last edited:
Further to this post from the other day, I've been tweaking and I'm seeing more and more positive things. The changes will be quick and easy to implement, as well as keeping lots of room for individual tactics/formations etc.

I've noticed tonight that the CPU is playing so much more varied now that there's different areas of the pitch being occupied. I've seen things in the last two games that I don't think I've ever seen before on PES 2021.

Let this play out and see how you find it guys. For reference, this video is the VirtuaRed patch with the dt18 from FBL2023+the tactical adjustment I've made. Professional difficulty and full manual. I'll make a video about the changes but you can get a decent idea from the start of the video anyway.

Remember, it's not a magic fix for everything, but just watch the spacing/distances and behaviour from the CPU especially. It feels much more varied and natural.

I'm noticing more of these things now -

- There's a lot less of the defensive line running backwards and creating a hole. The defenders are stepping up more to meet the ball and intercept.
- There's more resistance when playing the ball out of defence.
- Recovery positions are better.
- The long ball to the striker is far less effective.
- There's much more variety to the CPU's approach. They switch more, play it back, play it in behind.

Spot on. I mentioned about variety earlier, they find spaces now wherever they can. Also I observed that cup matches after 70 mins and derby games aren't nerfed in terms of attacking. PES has this weird thing of full attacking CPU in a cup game after 60-70 min, although it exists in game, but FL dt tries to keep the defence still and doesn't make it loose so that you can score 2-3 goals in that.

In SP FB 2023, the handicapping and manufacture of failures of your players still exists blatantly when the cpu wanted a goal. Weird thing happened to your player and then a chain reaction happened that further sabotage all your efforts to tackle or clear the ball. When the triggered started, cpus suddenly have god like moment and your team positions and formation are rigged after the trigger to the point that you could not do anything about it but concede. Still unfair KONAMI-ingrained-sabotage-and-handicap-traces of gameplay codes which could never be removed entirely by any gameplay mods.
Yeah, even I felt handicapping but in some games and at some points where I made blatant mistakes like losing the ball in my half or a mis-pass. But I felt it was kind of fairer, it's not like what 2 games before derby offers. In original dt, I felt those 2 games before the derby were kind of scripted since your team morale for derby is dependent on these 2 games.

I have a question regarding the Football Life dt18.. Does it work well with 1.07.02 Konami exe? Since you guys mention that the Football Life basically uses the 1.01 exe, was wondering how its dt18 matches with 1.07.02. Thanks in advance. :TU:

Back
Top Bottom