eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I have a question regarding the Football Life dt18.. Does it work well with 1.07.02 Konami exe? Since you guys mention that the Football Life basically uses the 1.01 exe, was wondering how its dt18 matches with 1.07.02. Thanks in advance. :TU:
It’s what I’ve been playing with. I think it works really well together personally. Combined with the tactical adjustment I’ve made, I’m hooked at the moment.

I'm not sure exactly how to ask this question but I will try..how do I go about updating a player face ( for example the player ID is 5 ) and I find a better face I want to use but the player ID for that same player happens to be 10 for example because it's from a different patch..any help would be appreciated

I personally couldn't get into the FL gameplay but I could see how people could really enjoy it. I'm still rocking Alex's Apocalypse and default dt.

Guys i started using cross, pass and through pass button for scoring goals!!! So much more variety. Like a new game. Take a look at these two goals here. So many options in front of the goal now

This is while playing with alex his latest mod right?

yes, first touch finishes with pass button inside the box are amazing. Even GK have new animations when You use these buttons for shooting

I personally couldn't get into the FL gameplay but I could see how people could really enjoy it. I'm still rocking Alex's Apocalypse and default dt.
I agree, the bullshit manipulating of handicap and sabotage your players in SP FL 23 is even more exaggerated and more annoying than in the default PES 2021 gameplay. Your player still running on rails, deliberate wayward passing snapped in to opponent still exists, through ball is weirdly manipulated to sabotage your chance to score, god like cpu shielding, cpu turn around and shoot while having forcefield protection around them, cpu opponents barging, teleporting, stretching and sliding over impossibly long distance, bulldozing your players, your players fell over on their hands with their asses up in the air every time cpu approaching them, your shielding has no effect, they still bulldozed your player from behind with ease, your player tackle input repeatedly ignored, your player ran away from the ball or fell over for no reason after an successful tackle etc.

You can still clearly see every absurd moment the scripting was triggered.

Ball direction, ball trajectory, ball bouncing and collision behavior is still rigged rampantly in this game at every moment of the match because they are rigidly dictated by the dynamic difficulty adjustment of KONAMI's deep ingrained design, not exclusively by law of physics or logic of space and time or footballers' professionism or concept of fair play. You are not allowed to control the ball with accuracy and consistency when the KONAMI script kicked in.

The game does not honor the consistency of your skill level. When it detected that You have a consistent possession statistics of the match or You are leading for a determined stretch of time, it will start triggering the sabotage of input accuracy or it will start manipulating players behavior or bending physics in order to fabricate of errors out of nothing. The game is a series of repeated and forceful manufactured "events" of human player's failures. How can You beat that? No amount of modding can fix that.

That leads to a constant sense of futility when playing the game.

No matter how consistently diligent and effective your skill in controlling your player. There is always moment when the so-called dynamic difficulty adjustment kicked in and your input and your players' responses or behavior rendered erroneous, clumsy, delayed, ignored and that will unravel a scripted chain of events of further sabotage of your input that ultimately leads to your conceding a goal (by rigging defensive formation and ignoring your defensive tackle input). The game is designed to always one-up and punish human player in unfair and forceful maneuvers, the game designers set forth rules of physics, refereeing, logics of space and time and geometries to both human players and cpus in theory etc. and then broke them "behind the scene" to get a fraudulent advantage over human player. You can not recover from the first input sabotage once the trigger kicked in due to the subsequent rigging of all your AI players.

No amount of gameplay modding or Modders' good will could ever eradicate the cheating sabotage and handicap code KONAMI has injected into every aspects and entities of this game like a virus with many variants. If the modders tried to eradicate an aspect of unfair handicap or sabotage in a segment of game code, that would trigger other even more intense unknown mechanics to "show human player who is the boss" by simply punishing the player unfairly further by other hidden segments or more extreme frequency and intensity of sabotage of known gimmicks. The original cheating gameplay design is like a HYDRA with many heads. And until modders find all of the myriads of these pervasive cheating triggers. The sense of futility of playing the game remains.

Temporary relief and elation after each new gameplay mod is just either PLACEBO or temporary impression until the cheating mechanics rear its ugly Hydra head from the match again.

Last edited:
Guys, is there anyone who knows how to mod the exe??? If we could mod this game so that the team shape is significantly more narrow. I mean SIGNIFICANTLY more narrow. I've tried 8 million and 1 dt18s, I've tried editing it myself, I've tried tactics, I've tried everything and I haven't found a solution that comes even close to getting the type of congestion we need. Anyone who could help point me in the direction of how to even begin trying to mod the exe let me know. I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try but not sure if it's possible....

I really like the FBL23 dt18, and if we can add a properly compact midfield/team shape into this it could be great.

Guys, is there anyone who knows how to mod the exe??? If we could mod this game so that the team shape is significantly more narrow. I mean SIGNIFICANTLY more narrow. I've tried 8 million and 1 dt18s, I've tried editing it myself, I've tried tactics, I've tried everything and I haven't found a solution that comes even close to getting the type of congestion we need. Anyone who could help point me in the direction of how to even begin trying to mod the exe let me know. I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try but not sure if it's possible....

I really like the FBL23 dt18, and if we can add a properly compact midfield/team shape into this it could be great.
Maybe ask @Holland mate I know he as done work on the EXE before may know what values to play about with

I guess you should wait for Smoke's upcoming update 2.0. They already mentioned gameplay in their known issues on their 1.0 update page. Maybe they'll fix some of it (hoping through balls atleast), so you can use that as a base.

Does anyone know if it would be possible, maybe through tactics.bin or something similar to tweak a setting that would allow us to create formations that didn't make us have a CF, SS, LW or RW?

If we could make that adjustment we could possibly create our own formations that would narrow the team shape a lot. This, or increasing the size of the positional zones so we could bring defenders higher or strikers lower etc.

My feeling is the way the zones are mapped out is what forces the huge width across the field.

I guess you should wait for Smoke's upcoming update 2.0. They already mentioned gameplay in their known issues on their 1.0 update page. Maybe they'll fix some of it (hoping through balls atleast), so you can use that as a base.
You sure? Does not sound like that they are changing the gameplay as they said it was different and their preference.

They have this to say about the gameplay on that page:

Gameplay
the new gameplay is different, it is following our preference, we recommend giving it a long try, users can always switch to the default pes21 using the FL23 switcher. (located in the game folder)

You sure? Does not sound like that they are changing the gameplay as they said it was different and their preference.

They have this to say about the gameplay on that page:

Gameplay
the new gameplay is different, it is following our preference, we recommend giving it a long try, users can always switch to the default pes21 using the FL23 switcher. (located in the game folder)
Yeah, even I felt the same, but it was mentioned within the known issues section so thought maybe they're improving.

Not sure if anyone has tried yet, but after playing a lot more I can confirm that removing 'Long Ball Expert' from Com Playing Styles for defenders has a definite positive impact on gameplay. There's still long balls at times, but it's much more natural now. I don't have that feeling of just waiting for it to happen every 4-5 passes.

For those using the UML mod, I'm going through and removing the trait from ALL defenders. I've done about 10 leagues so far, once I've gone through most of the db I'll post the edit file with that one change only. Combined with the tactics in that mod, I'm really enjoying the gameplay at the moment. It feels a lot more varied than I've experienced before with this game. Highly recommend it.

Does anyone know of a gameplay mod that takes professional as a base and then makes it harder without getting obnoxious?

Anything from top player and above is just plain wrong in terms of philosophy behind the difficulty. As I've said many times , not allowing the player to play is not difficulty, it's frustration. I'm tired of deliberate wrong player switches, my players purposely getting in the way of each other, etc etc it drives me into a semi-murderous rage.

Currently using Hollands 1.07 v2 without TS but this is , while improving things, not addressing that issue.

At the risk of sounding like a cynical old bore. Please, anyone, that plays on top player or above. HOW on god's green earth can this game be made enjoyable. genuine question. I've tried loads of gameplay mods, nothing. I want zero stat boosting, zero unexplained mishaps or players bumping into each other, in short no frustration. Surely it can be done? Am going back to vanilla gameplay on professional now. This game has me wanting to throw my controller though my TV and that TV is quite expensive. Alright, exaggerating of course but I just want an enjoyable experience. Current football games are perhaps the worst they've ever been and I need that footy gaming fix.

At the risk of sounding like a cynical old bore. Please, anyone, that plays on top player or above. HOW on god's green earth can this game be made enjoyable. genuine question. I've tried loads of gameplay mods, nothing. I want zero stat boosting, zero unexplained mishaps or players bumping into each other, in short no frustration. Surely it can be done? Am going back to vanilla gameplay on professional now. This game has me wanting to throw my controller though my TV and that TV is quite expensive. Alright, exaggerating of course but I just want an enjoyable experience. Current football games are perhaps the worst they've ever been and I need that footy gaming fix.
I completely agree, I still play on Superstar even though it drives me mad, it’s because some games are actually decent. The rest of the time the AI scripting and crap touches just screw you over. What’s crazy is that I swear a few months ago the game played like a dream, then all of a sudden broke. I’m probably going crazy or it’s a placebo effect but the gameplay was different. I’ve tried gameplay mods and they do work but after a few matches the game resets back to normal gameplay. I guess you have to keep applying a gameplay mod every 2-3 games..

It's the classic practice makes perfect. When i play the game, I limit myself to play just 4-5 hours. And if i can't beat the CPU then i restart the match with the same team over and over again until i beat it. Note that i play on vanilla gameplay latest update.

Just no need to take the game seriously. In the end it's just a game, it's not worth to get angry or even break expensive things just for virtual game.

I completely agree, I still play on Superstar even though it drives me mad, it’s because some games are actually decent. The rest of the time the AI scripting and crap touches just screw you over. What’s crazy is that I swear a few months ago the game played like a dream, then all of a sudden broke. I’m probably going crazy or it’s a placebo effect but the gameplay was different. I’ve tried gameplay mods and they do work but after a few matches the game resets back to normal gameplay. I guess you have to keep applying a gameplay mod every 2-3 games..
I've gone through that cycle many a time...my conclusion is that there's multiple levels of matches being influenced or "scripting" if you will.

One is one a per match where the cpu decides "this is what's going to happen". On professional this can be overcome but higher than that, no. At least I haven't been able to. The second type is the overarching "this is what's going to happen this season" narrative-type scripting.

It's maddening because as you say on superstar (I used to only play Superstar last year, don't ask me why) there's a few very decent matches in there which are hugely enjoyable. The problem is, those matches are few and far between. It's le there is a glistening diamond in a gigantic pile of shit while playing on superstar.

I want the diamond all the time, damnit. Best I could manage at one point was - with the aid of one of Hollands mods mind you , can't remember which one - one full season on superstar with just superb gameplay, each and very match. I really thought I finally had it figured all out. Next season *poof", it was gone and reverted back to horrible, horrible dog shit.

It's the classic practice makes perfect. When i play the game, I limit myself to play just 4-5 hours. And if i can't beat the CPU then i restart the match with the same team over and over again until i beat it. Note that i play on vanilla gameplay latest update.

Just no need to take the game seriously. In the end it's just a game, it's not worth to get angry or even break expensive things just for virtual game.
Oh of course, that was just me being hyperbolic. I never break anything, the farthest I go is a loud "fuck this shit". I used to that restart thing on pes 5 as well but I just don't have the time or inclination anymore to do that.

I actually think PES 2021 is pretty decent when it comes to scripting/momentum/whatever one might want to call it as opposed to PES 2019, which was the lord of scripting IMO. :LOL: (Thankfully I've found a PES 2019 gameplay mod that enables me to play professional with a good balance and little to no script).

Haven't played Master League in 2021 in a while, but I remember it being very enjoyable in Top Player with Holland's gameplay mods.

I actually think PES 2021 is pretty decent when it comes to scripting/momentum/whatever one might want to call it as opposed to PES 2019, which was the lord of scripting IMO. :LOL: (Thankfully I've found a PES 2019 gameplay mod that enables me to play professional with a good balance and little to no script).

Haven't played Master League in 2021 in a while, but I remember it being very enjoyable in Top Player with Holland's gameplay mods.
which mod was that?

Speaking of 2021, I've not played in a bit but I've been thinking about trying out lower difficulties and seeing how my experience would differ with them. Primarily professional.

You mean the 2021 gameplay mod? I don't quite remember which one it was. It could've been "New Football Game version 1.07.01", or "PES 2017 + Game Simulation 2022 + More Difficult Free kick" (Haven't played ML in 1.07.02 yet, only exhibition)

If you mean the 2019 mod then it's this one :TU:

Back
Top Bottom