eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Alright, I tried the "standalone version". If you're just watching videos it's impossible to figure out the changes and feel of it. I don't know what exactly they've done but this plays like PES5 or WE9 LE. There are tons of fouls everywhere, they've done something to the responsiveness so you can dribble and have the cpu AI fouling you. Players with pace and skills are explosive, GKs animations are great, players and ball have a nice heavy feel to them while being responsive at the same time.
It looks like a heavily gameplay modded PES 2021 demo or vanilla version.
Ofc there are still issues with teams like Forest trying a bit too much to play a long ball but these can be fixed through the tactics screen.
A lot of shots also don't elevate off the ground much unless you reach a certain power threshold and direct the LS differently. It's also dependent on the player which means they heavily modded stats, ratings and possibly the code.
I don't know guys. It's based on PES 21 but it's different to some extent. What I know though is that this one is like a thousand lightyears ahead of FIFA 23. At least you can tell you're playing football.
Agreed,the game feels really smooth and responsive..im really enjoying the gameplay

Agreed,the game feels really smooth and responsive..im really enjoying the gameplay
I don't know who is personally behind this project but it's obvious they know what they're doing at a time when FIFA
23 is a complete joke of a game and Efootball doesn't have any modes for offline players. As a lawyer myself I can understand some of their legal grounds for this release, I won't lie, they're going to have problems. At least they don't charge money for it.
I've played 2 more games and this is good. It's a PES 5 remake on a PES 21 engine. I reckon the guys behind the project are at their mid 40s.

I don't know who is personally behind this project but it's obvious they know what they're doing at a time when FIFA
23 is a complete joke of a game and Efootball doesn't have any modes for offline players. As a lawyer myself I can understand some of their legal grounds for this release, I won't lie, they're going to have problems. At least they don't charge money for it.
I've played 2 more games and this is good. It's a PES 5 remake on a PES 21 engine. I reckon the guys behind the project are at their mid 40s.
I pray that they don't get into any legal problems because this only serves to be a positive for the pes community..atleast now we have different options as to what we want to play.and to your point the guys who are working on this clearly know what it takes to make an enjoyable football game and the pitch..I was blown away at how good the gamplay felt.i was honestly expecting it to be just like pes 21 with updated rosters but it does offer more

Is it possible to import faces and stadiums from other patches on this ”new” game? Or will they release that in the future?
They are planning to release faces soon. For now a previous one of their face packs can be applied as a temporary solution. Commentaries have just been released as well.

I also think this is positive for our community, like @Cubbadem said. I'm also enjoying the gameplay and hope that they don't run into any legal trouble. Another good long-term effect of this release is that it'll keep being updated in terms of rosters and other additions, as they already said they will stop working on the other editions to focus completely on Football Life.

i have a question , why on sp football life its slow and when i click on play gpu not very good but its like pes 21 , ans i have no probleme at all with pes 21

Just downloaded, installed and played Football 2023. I think it is amazing. Such a clean, smooth experience, like in the old days. None of that online stuff and automatic updates. I am very happy and I cannot believe that this has been made available for free. The makers are true lovers of the PES of old, that is for sure! Thank you! Also the information on the SmokePatch site is very complete, so I urge anyone with questions about the game to read that site carefully.
Again: GREAT work, smokepatch-team! Thank you!

One last thing, I'm having a stream-of-thought thing going here. The best games to me are;

- on Professional
- CPU is on "red"
- derby games

In these games the CPU is aggressive, creative and they actually foul you often. BUT we as the player are not handicapped and actually have a fair fighting chance and everything is possible. Those games embody the core of PES to me.

If a mod just recreated that I'd be set for eternity as far as football games go.
I often find the best games are Professional or Top Player in cup or ML mode. The difficulty levels get boosted with team spirit in competitions as opposed to exhibition anyway.

The handicapping doesn't exist on professional so your players responsiveness & positioning is much more satisfying & realistic whereas anything above Top Player, every single thing you try must be either a contrived struggle or fail. It's literally like different game entirely.

The worst thing they added to PES 20/21 that we'll be cursed with forever as long as we continue to play them is that damn auto shielding/jostling system. Because it's automatic, you end up forced into this static shielding battle when all you want to do is dribble and again, on the SS and Legend difficulties, these are just redundant has any time the COM makes a slither of physical contact with you, your player immediately trips and falls over like a child when a fat adult storms onto a bouncy castle at a kids party or the ball is just illogically absorbed from you by the COM like it's made of Styrofoam and the defender has hoovers in their toes.

Again, it's just disgusting on higher difficulties and just breaks literally everything that it's hilarious to think of what must've happened in that office when the developers pitched it to the clearly mentally corrupt director of development and he signed off on this with a crack-pipe in his mouth and a thermometer up his ass with LSD swimming through his blood stream.

Agree about that part about shielding, there should be a better way to handle it... With a button, but just push it once not keeping it pushed and then choose the direction, i'm not a fan of shielding FIFA's type : the first time they introduced it it was litterally a balance breaker, a cheat.
But even in PES 2019 it's automatic, no?
It's a feature i very rarely use as i play quick with big pressing, and straight forward. I'm not a Tiki taka fan : i prefers to try again and again passes, Pirlo player type (he missed 4 time a row but the 5th was the good one > result was often a dangerous occasion or scoring)

To me the add i'm a bit hmmm yes/no about it is the Right stick button for R2 dribble.
Yes there's more possibility to move from blocking the ball and dribbling in the same time, but it's about the feeling. But i don't think there was another way to make 2 directions in the same time with one movement stick.

Also i don't think the AI is that bad at all, it really depends the way you play. You can't compare it for example to PES 2017 for interception : that's unfair as the pitch is bigger / the way a pitch should be / on PES 2021 so there's more space, and players without the ball moves naturally but it's something hard to reproduce. Same for fouls, but it's mixed with the gameplay choice to tone down for less "stop".
It's so simple to do very quick or inexistant cutscenes, i don't see why people are bothered with those game stop, look at at older PES : It's quick, i don't remember if you can skip it for every version but they could, and it doesn't slowing down the game overall dynamism (because about dynamism... It took time from 18 to 21 to get more of it because of the bigger pitch : players running here and there wasn't even retouched before PES 21)

If they want to balance the game for 10-15 minutes, i'm full on "less bigger pitch" for interceptions. Also, about attacking, teamvision never have been removed : the team change a lot their way to play regarding the way YOU play.
But the biggest issue is that for a full league : not as much teams have tactical instructions and all got basic formation very straight, and not a single got a different formation/tactic module for Fluid formation (desactivated by default)

Edit : i play on Legendary, or the level above (in french "Superstar"). The AI is more aggressive, there's more challenge in defence even if it may open counter attack, the defence is overall better... But for a full league, i would prefers to play on Superstar.
Small teams plays always like they should, but tactically they're often playing very defensive against a better team and it's not the case IRL. But i don't care, it's just that otherwhise it became a bit too hard on the long term (for me). I'm better vs human than CPU.

Fortunately it's correctible : but i'm good with it. As long as i get challenge vs Defense and some long shoot like i got on the PS4 version, fouls etc.,

Last edited:
Okay here are my initial thoughts on playing Football Life 23 with 6 games in.

For people who are confused if it is a new game or not. It is PES 2021. For people who were expecting too much thinking that it will be a new game and stuff. Yeah I agree with you they kind of marketed it that way which was wrong from them, but I never expected a new game at all. Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed eh :D

On the gameplay front, this feels totally different. I mean it's a breath of fresh air. You have to feel this. I just downloaded the base game of 15 GB hoping there will be some minor changes in gameplay but oh boy I was wrong.
Many things are different, for example, without sprint, your player will slowly jog whereas, in the original PES, it was a kind of medium-speed jog.
The thing which I appreciate is that even as a PA player (not FUMA), I am able to score bottom shots, and not every power shot is going in the air.
The ball might feel sticky to the player but not that much.
Through Balls are more reachable when delivering them in front of the attack but are kind of sluggish when directing anywhere else. Kind of neutralizes the OPness a bit but is alright.
I am seeing new animations in terms of first-touch passing or maybe it's the kind of animations that are triggered rarely but are now triggering a bit more, but it's good.
The gameplay overall might 'feel' a bit arcadish but it's fun.

They're using eFootball 2023 commentary. Peter says many lines that are brand new if you haven't played eFootball 2023. The songs inside the stadiums are also different from the base PES 2021. Not a bad addition, but it's hard to notice. It improves a little bit of experience.

One thing I didn't like was the replacement of the Swiss league with the Serbian League. This may be a personal preference, but I prefer the Swiss League over the Serbian League. Another thing that I didn't like is self-marketing. They watermarked almost everything within the game with the Smoke logo, be it in stadium ads or replay wipes, but it is not much of a deal breaker.

Overall, if you want to try out new gameplay and a larger database in a small package, start with the base game. For the time being, ignore the faces; they can be easily added later. I'm going to switch back to Smoke from VirtuaRed because I saw VR's release timelines for last year compared to Smoke's and it was much slower and couldn't keep up with the real world. I understand there are personal issues, a lack of developers on the team, and so on, but which patch does not? Smoke even admitted at one point that due to time constraints, they cannot keep up with patching their older games.

This patch has a long way to go but the first step is in the right direction.

I will post more if I find something. Cheers

Last edited:
I often find the best games are Professional or Top Player in cup or ML mode. The difficulty levels get boosted with team spirit in competitions as opposed to exhibition anyway.

The handicapping doesn't exist on professional so your players responsiveness & positioning is much more satisfying & realistic whereas anything above Top Player, every single thing you try must be either a contrived struggle or fail. It's literally like different game entirely.

The worst thing they added to PES 20/21 that we'll be cursed with forever as long as we continue to play them is that damn auto shielding/jostling system. Because it's automatic, you end up forced into this static shielding battle when all you want to do is dribble and again, on the SS and Legend difficulties, these are just redundant has any time the COM makes a slither of physical contact with you, your player immediately trips and falls over like a child when a fat adult storms onto a bouncy castle at a kids party or the ball is just illogically absorbed from you by the COM like it's made of Styrofoam and the defender has hoovers in their toes.

Again, it's just disgusting on higher difficulties and just breaks literally everything that it's hilarious to think of what must've happened in that office when the developers pitched it to the clearly mentally corrupt director of development and he signed off on this with a crack-pipe in his mouth and a thermometer up his ass with LSD swimming through his blood stream.
Hahaha 😂 you worded my thoughts to a T again. Nothing to add, perfect description. I've decided to go back to professional and see how far it takes me. Maybe I'll squeeze a bit more out of it by sticking with manual passing. I won't be moving up again.

From each mods i watched on youtube, none of them was balanced and optimised like the 7.00 (the final from Konami)
But it's cool to have some alternative gameplay; even if it will be temporary.

The best way to mod that game is to works on every tactics and formations in the game. For AI i don't want a change regarding speed with the ball vs without (often on many mods : i hate it), just because i found, personally, the balance to overlap while dribbling a player pretty good like some old PES.

I mean you got to push at the right time and right moment on the right position, close to the def, the overlap him. Like IRL in fact... But you can also do it without if your player is already launched at full speed. But i'm talking about explosivity.

Konami ingrained dishonest, manipulative, sabotage and handicapping game code is too extreme and expansive in every part of the game design and philosophy that no amount of gameplay mod could totally remove the ball physics, trajectory, collision and players' behavior manipulation to create a faked sense of ai sophistication in order to manufacture a "pseudo" dramatic narrative of football.

Does anyone have pes21.exe file of original game ? Practically it is impossible to get the game for pc from anystore apart from PS4 /PS5 . Regarding the rules of this group, I can get a warning but it is now practically a abandonware so can someone share just the.exe file or add me in the steam friends list . I want to test the original game.

Konami ingrained dishonest, manipulative, sabotage and handicapping game code is too extreme and expansive in every part of the game design and philosophy that no amount of gameplay mod could totally remove the ball physics, trajectory, collision and players' behavior manipulation to create a faked sense of ai sophistication in order to manufacture a "pseudo" dramatic narrative of football.
It's true. I've maintained ever since it's release that PES21 is, at times, the best football game ever...and I still play it a lot and still enjoy it (at times) a lot. But when the Konami sabotage/momentum crap kicks in, it becomes pretty much the opposite, one of the worst playing games imaginable.

I've tried many of the mods for PC and they always just scratch the surface. They do alter little bits of ball physics or whatever here and there, but when the Konami sabotage crap triggers, all of these little mod tweaks matter get smothered by the scripted bullshit that runs way too deep in every aspect of the gameplay.

I've often thought that there might be a virtually single line of code that triggers the bullshit and if someone could find that and negate it, it might allow the gameplay to play out in "normal" mode and be a splendid game all of the time, and all of Konami's ingrained bullshit code would never be activated.

All these .exe file are bypass exe for lite . And most of them have a crypto miner I found in virus total. So any virus free pes21.exe file ,can you give original one if you have.
What the hell are you talking about ? These files are original update from steam. If you don't know you're talking about then forget it.

Ok. If you are right then can you explain this two

This is from my latest 1.07.02 original exe game, anyone who has their vanilla exe file (non-modded) can verifiy this to virustotal

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/02afa1b8601087c4163688fb015150b26568bd1031ee6752b16b902805db2fc7

same exe, same hash file from your 2nd image, So you think Konami straight up spreading the virus all these years from steam or what ?

Also what the hell is bypass exe, there's no such thing as bypass exe.

This is from my latest 1.07.02 original exe game, anyone who has their vanilla exe file (non-modded) can verifiy this to virustotal

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/02afa1b8601087c4163688fb015150b26568bd1031ee6752b16b902805db2fc7

same exe, same hash file from your 2nd image, So you think Konami straight up spreading the virus all these years from steam or what ?

Oh man now we have something similar. I tested pes16 my club which clear the detection, pes18 demo also got passed but these flag as you or I got in pes21 is similar to pes17 trial edition. I downloaded pes21.exe from knight md realism patch video. It has also same issue. So Yeah Konami or Steam spreading virus , or this is just a false positive in virustotal.

So you have an updated game . Is the game crash or any problem as I hear Konami updated pes 21 to make it worse and force player to play efootball in knight md channel.

Oh man now we have something similar. I tested pes16 my club which clear the detection, pes18 demo also got passed but these flag as you or I got in pes21 is similar to pes17 trial edition. I downloaded pes21.exe from knight md realism patch video. It has also same issue. So Yeah Konami or Steam spreading virus , or this is just a false positive in virustotal.

I downloaded and test scanned with no issue. Suspect whatever A.V scan You are using is seeing the Denuvo anti tamper technology
used in the vanilla .exe to prevent piracy and throwing it out as a false positive.

As for crashing with original game and exe, it does not happen.

I downloaded and test scanned with no issue. Suspect whatever A.V scan You are using is seeing the Denuvo anti tamper technology
used in the vanilla .exe to prevent piracy and throwing it out as a false positive.

As for crashing with original game and exe, it does not happen.
Thanks . It resolves my doubt. And is there anything to prevent crashing when I am using patches. Although I am running it on Vega 6 mobile integrated graphics so crashing is preety obvious.

Hello!

Please suggest good gameplay / graphic mods for PES2021 I can use via Sider which only affect the visuals (or physics) of the match, but do not affect the edited team / player data.

It is important that I am looking for a mod - mods that can be used through Sider.

Back
Top Bottom