eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I downloaded the long-awaited SP Football Life 2023 ......blablabla.......Yeah, I found that they release the 1.01 version, maybe it fixes some of the BS, but I don't find options to download just the update, only the whole game, I'm not doing that.

a. you can install the real faces
b. you can switch to the official gameplay
c. make sure that you read the release notes
https://www.pessmokepatch.com/2022/10/spfl23.html

Yea nobody watch pes because all the viewers are kiddos and they want FUT

I downloaded the long-awaited SP Football Life 2023. The good thing about it is that it looks fresh, something different from the vanilla version of the game, it's easy to install, and copyright-free music with is good for streaming but .. who will stream this game? Nobody will watch it anyway :D
but nothing else good I can say. All in all quite disappointing, and in my opinion, they broke more than it fixes.
The faces are completely ours, or rather the lack of faces, these must be Barca players.?

The starting lines up and formations are a complete mess, that is Real Madrid by SP default :

I don't like the kits too, somehow they look like from a PS2 game, but the most disappointing is the gameplay. For some reason and somehow they kill the whole dynamic, at least when it comes to player movements, the physics and dynamics of the ball are very good .. maybe to make it more.. slow and " realistic "?
The players move way too casually , they feel heavy, like just coming up from bed, in the morning and going to the toilet to take a piss. You are on the pitch, playing competitive matches against professional football players, you can't be casual, you must be hyped and shart as possible. Yeah, I found that they release the 1.01 version, maybe it fixes some of the BS, but I don't find options to download just the update, only the whole game, I'm not doing that.

they already said everything abotu faces, even few montsh before release, that it will come at later point. so no reason to complain.

i feel completely opposite about gameplay, it's more like old style pes, players don't seem heavy and slow like in vanilla game. you have the switcher to choose gameplay of your preference.

also there was fix released for option file.

i think you are just bashing them without reason.

they already said everything abotu faces, even few montsh before release, that it will come at later point. so no reason to complain.

i feel completely opposite about gameplay, it's more like old style pes, players don't seem heavy and slow like in vanilla game. you have the switcher to choose gameplay of your preference.

also there was fix released for option file.

i think you are just bashing them without reason.

I don't know them, I dont care about them, I saw on my phone, google highlighted the patch so I download and install it and that is my raw opinion! And without reason? I post at least 4-5 reasons that I don't like it! Whether you agree or not is already your personal opinion, so it's fine, I don't agree with you either.
We all know why they didn't add the faces to the main patch and you have to download it separately. I have nothing against people making money from their work, it just didn't live up to my expectations, and if we turn off the UI to some extent, I see no reason to use it in the future, that is.

Guys, I'm looking for a mod which changes Menu Sounds in PES 2021 but haven't been able to find any. If any of you know of a mod which does this, please let me know. Thanks!

I don't know them, I dont care about them, I saw on my phone, google highlighted the patch so I download and install it and that is my raw opinion! And without reason? I post at least 4-5 reasons that I don't like it! Whether you agree or not is already your personal opinion, so it's fine, I don't agree with you either.
We all know why they didn't add the faces to the main patch and you have to download it separately. I have nothing against people making money from their work, it just didn't live up to my expectations, and if we turn off the UI to some extent, I see no reason to use it in the future, that is.

you are sharing false informtion about patch:

1. they wrote a long time ago that new facepack for sp23 will be available soon, you can use old facepack if you don't want to wait;

2. you shared wrong info about option file (real madrid formation screen) without trying to download update they released almost immediately;

this is bashing without reason.

you are sharing false informtion about patch:

1. they wrote a long time ago that new facepack for sp23 will be available soon, you can use old facepack if you don't want to wait;

2. you shared wrong info about option file (real madrid formation screen) without trying to download update they released almost immediately;

this is bashing without reason.
Again! ! You obviously don't read what I wrote or you ignoring it!

I did what 90% of people do, found the patch, by accident or not, installed it, and that's it! Yes, I haven't read the entire text that explains the problems that may exist, but who does? I said 90% of people download and install and if there is a problem only then do they come back and start digging!

And how that is false information !?
The faces are gone EVEN if you download the old SP face pack... you still do not have most of the faces, trust my I try it, here are the download " face pack "files :

and here is Levandowski after that

So.. ok maybe I need to download the " update 1 for face pack v4: " sure I did and ... and here again Leva after that :

... hmm ok so maybe I need to download.. again... other Extra faces (from pes21 game) (319 faces) , maybe NOW will work and we can see some Barca players with faces !? And it's not just Leva, 90% of Barca players are faceless so.. let's try now :

I read the description and the instructions, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I don't care anymore because I gave up, I'm done with it!

Еven if you ignore my criticisms about the gameplay they use, which I personally don't like, but that's my personal opinion, and I understand that someone else might like it , because it's a matter of personal feeling and judgment, everything else like the problem with the faces and the database is factual truth, it's not false information, although there may be a fix for the database, for the faces I can't find one for the moment!

As I said, I expressed my opinion about the patch and my first impression! Even as a graphic designer, I find some UI decisions that are questionable for purely aesthetic and logical choices, but I won't go into detail. The only benefit I see from this patch/game is for people who haven't had a chance to buy the game for PC, and don't want to look for a dangerous crack , but want to try it the installation is extremely easy but I'm starting to repeat myself.

Last edited:
Thought I would give this a test to see what all the big up rour was works fine different gameplay also tried to install faces which I did fine and all turned out ok with the players I tested on more Barcelona players and bang works fine but my personal opinion it's not for me but we'll thought ahead

Thought I would give this a test to see what all the big up rour was works fine different gameplay also tried to install faces which I did fine and all turned out ok with the players I tested on more Barcelona players and bang works fine but my personal opinion it's not for me but we'll thought ahead
How did you install the faces? Was it via CPK? I juast wanna add them via Sider lol

Again! ! You obviously don't read what I wrote or you ignoring it!

I did what 90% of people do, found the patch, by accident or not, installed it, and that's it! Yes, I haven't read the entire text that explains the problems that may exist, but who does? I said 90% of people download and install and if there is a problem only then do they come back and start digging!

And how that is false information !?
The faces are gone EVEN if you download the old SP face pack... you still do not have most of the faces, trust my I try it, here are the download " face pack "files :

and here is Levandowski after that

So.. ok maybe I need to download the " update 1 for face pack v4: " sure I did and ... and here again Leva after that :

... hmm ok so maybe I need to download.. again... other Extra faces (from pes21 game) (319 faces) , maybe NOW will work and we can see some Barca players with faces !? And it's not just Leva, 90% of Barca players are faceless so.. let's try now :

I read the description and the instructions, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I don't care anymore because I gave up, I'm done with it!

Еven if you ignore my criticisms about the gameplay they use, which I personally don't like, but that's my personal opinion, and I understand that someone else might like it , because it's a matter of personal feeling and judgment, everything else like the problem with the faces and the database is factual truth, it's not false information, although there may be a fix for the database, for the faces I can't find one for the moment!

As I said, I expressed my opinion about the patch and my first impression! Even as a graphic designer, I find some UI decisions that are questionable for purely aesthetic and logical choices, but I won't go into detail. The only benefit I see from this patch/game is for people who haven't had a chance to buy the game for PC, and don't want to look for a dangerous crack , but want to try it the installation is extremely easy but I'm starting to repeat myself.
The smoke facepack for pes21 focus on the faces that Original game doesnt have, Lewa as a famous player obviously is one of those that is on the original file, to repair that all you need is the file with the original facepack of PES21, thats a file named dt36_g4.cpk, just download this file, rename to SMK_Extra2.cpk, drag to downloads, and paired with the PES 21 Smoke Facepack you will have almost all faces.

Has the world gone mad or am I missing something here... Why can't we call FL (from the Smoke Patch team) what is: a patch.

It's not a wonderful new mysterious football game, it's just PES 2021. It's like the Emporers new clothes. Literally everything is identical to PES 2021 but they swear it isn't? Wtf.

Why insult your fan base's intelligence, why lie to to people about a simple mod?

Next they'll be releasing a cracked, modded GTA V & claiming it's GTA 6.

Has the world gone mad or am I missing something here... Why can't we call FL (from the Smoke Patch team) what is: a patch.

It's not a wonderful new mysterious football game, it's just PES 2021. It's like the Emporers new clothes. Literally everything is identical to PES 2021 but they swear it isn't? Wtf.

Why insult your fan base's intelligence, why lie to to people about a simple mod?

Next they'll be releasing a cracked, modded GTA V & claiming it's GTA 6.
You not seen the people who made it? They claim the release has no copyrighted PES files inside it.... :LMAO:

Haven't commented in a long time but recently rediscovered pes21 with all kinds of modded goodies.

Sadly I forgot Konami does not know how to do "difficulty". Anything above professional and the game falls apart. The mechanisms to increase difficulty are just plain wrong. From top player you will get delayed responses, deliberate switching to wrong players and defenders purposely moving out of the way so the CPU can score. It's no secret either; drop back down to professional and which those same defenders suddenly not make those mistakes anymore and switching being back to being buttery smooth.

Don't make us worse and in turn disallow us to play but make the CPU better. Have them be faster stronger, make better runs for all I care. But don't nerf the player.

Unfortunately professional is too easy and anything above has me putting the controller in a chokehold. I keep forgetting this hence why I keep coming back to the game. Oh well, I guess that's longevity as well in a twisted way 😅
I have to reiterate, don't know why. Just played another deeply frustrating game. This game reminds me of a quote from Morpheus in the original matrix where he explains to neo that the Agents operate within the same ruleset. They might be stronger and faster but they have to adhere to the rules of the matrix.

Dark souls and Elden Ring games do that very well. Enemies get stronger but so can you , and they have to follow the same ruleset. It might be frustrating but it's never really unfair.

With pes this is not the case. Rules are manipulates and bent to fabricate a predetermined outcome. Deflections suddenly defy physics, your players suddenly respond slower. A laundry list of other examples of fake difficulty of course. It's just so frustrating because there is a gem in there.

It's just too sporadic that we see that gem anywhere above Professional difficulty however.

I have to reiterate, don't know why. Just played another deeply frustrating game. This game reminds me of a quote from Morpheus in the original matrix where he explains to neo that the Agents operate within the same ruleset. They might be stronger and faster but they have to adhere to the rules of the matrix.

Dark souls and Elden Ring games do that very well. Enemies get stronger but so can you , and they have to follow the same ruleset. It might be frustrating but it's never really unfair.

With pes this is not the case. Rules are manipulates and bent to fabricate a predetermined outcome. Deflections suddenly defy physics, your players suddenly respond slower. A laundry list of other examples of fake difficulty of course. It's just so frustrating because there is a gem in there.

It's just too sporadic that we see that gem anywhere above Professional difficulty however.
Another therapeutic post and then I'll stop lol. It is just absolute shit beyond professional. The stupidly predictable outcomes to each situation become boring very quickly and if they don't they get frustrating.

It's either back to professional or I'm using a mod.

I haven't tried this patch/mod/standalone (call it whatever you want). I had fun with PES2021, if this has heavier, slower gameplay I might like it too. But as we know from our discussions all these years gameplay opinions differ about PES2021, some really like this game others not.
Regarding the legalities behind this project, I think we need to wait and see how KONAMI will respond. As it stands the possibilities are as follows:
1. SMOKE team took the risk after consulting lawyers. (likely) This is a long discussion and I don't want to bore all of you with legal terms etc.
2. SMOKE team got permission from KONAMI. (unlikely)
Let's see how this pans out. Spoony Pizzas has already started praising the "standalone" and it won't be long before TTB does the same and start streaming it. These 2 have a lot of subscribers and they got even more lately as they started streaming the abomination called FIFA 23.

I do agree. When this game is fair and balanced it's a lot of fun and even one of the best football games ever made.

But the problem is, and cheating and handicapping happens in every game like you mentioned, but it has to be proportionate... In PES 21, When it cheats, it's disproportionate. If it's decided for a given match that this must be a scripted game, it's manipulated for the entire match and it's far from subtle. You usually know right away when the game is gonna spend the next 90 minutes sabotaging your players, making them turn sluggishly, pass speed slows down, they never makes runs when attacking and when defending your defenders back off the strikers to give them a massive headstart etc...

You're right, anything above professional isn't a difficulty level, it's a self sabotage level and it's not even fun, you're not even participating in the match and you're just wasting your own time.

Just too bad the AI on professional is dumb as rocks without mods.

I do agree. When this game is fair and balanced it's a lot of fun and even one of the best football games ever made.

But the problem is, and cheating and handicapping happens in every game like you mentioned, but it has to be proportionate... In PES 21, When it cheats, it's disproportionate. If it's decided for a given match that this must be a scripted game, it's manipulated for the entire match and it's far from subtle. You usually know right away when the game is gonna spend the next 90 minutes sabotaging your players, making them turn sluggishly, pass speed slows down, they never makes runs when attacking and when defending your defenders back off the strikers to give them a massive headstart etc...

You're right, anything above professional isn't a difficulty level, it's a self sabotage level and it's not even fun, you're not even participating in the match and you're just wasting your own time.

You've worded my thoughts to the letter. Self sabotage is very fitting and indeed, the key thing the game doesn't let us actually play; we're not participating in the match as you say.

I've tried dozens of mods over the years but none can rectify this; it's too deeply ingrained into the game.

Outcomes are simply predetermined, I just had a ridiculous run of play that just screamed " thou shalt not score". It's not fun, it's frustrating and it is plain bad game design.

Back to professional it is. I'm not wasting my time anymore trying dozens of mods. Perhaps I'll go back to manual passing , that should provide a layer of challenge though I think even that is busted and not worked through well enough.

And you are right, it's always been there. PES 5 was my first and it still is one of the best games ever to me. The frustration and scripting was there, I found out when reloading certain matches that the outcome would be more or less the same down to the minute goals were scored. But it was only a few of those matches per season: proportionate as you say. And even then I had a chance to win. With pes 21 , I might as well put the controller down and watch.

One last thing, I'm having a stream-of-thought thing going here. The best games to me are;

- on Professional
- CPU is on "red"
- derby games

In these games the CPU is aggressive, creative and they actually foul you often. BUT we as the player are not handicapped and actually have a fair fighting chance and everything is possible. Those games embody the core of PES to me.

If a mod just recreated that I'd be set for eternity as far as football games go.

Last edited:
I don't think a lot of people have much experience with standalone mods lol. That's basically my assumption after seeing how FL has been received.

It gets really bad in fixed cursor because your teammate AI will absolutely decimate the opposition AI when you drop the difficulty that low. I consider going FUMA in the past on a lower difficulty, but man I'd just sit on the wing and do nothing, effectively making 10v11, and watch my team be 5-0 up 30 minutes in every match regardless. It's unfortunate and actually one of my bigger issues with fixed cursor play; the fact that the AI isn't normalized on both teams in fixed cursor play. If I'm playing on Pro, my teammate AI should be Pro level too. If I'm playing on SS or Legend, then dammit I want SS or Legend teammates too.

- derby games
Derby matches suck. Cup matches suck. They've sucked for years. Derby matches are my least favorite things in PES and it's not even close. There's absolutely no logic to AI tactical behavior in those matches. For the most part derby matches in 2021 aren't the bloodbaths they were in 2017. But they still have their moments

While crazy chat is enabled and while I come down from being hyped about biggest shin shot ever - FIFA23.

I quote the wonderful Mr. Patrice Evra "I love this game".

Alright, I tried the "standalone version". If you're just watching videos it's impossible to figure out the changes and feel of it. I don't know what exactly they've done but this plays like PES5 or WE9 LE. There are tons of fouls everywhere, they've done something to the responsiveness so you can dribble and have the cpu AI fouling you. Players with pace and skills are explosive, GKs animations are great, players and ball have a nice heavy feel to them while being responsive at the same time.
It looks like a heavily gameplay modded PES 2021 demo or vanilla version.
Ofc there are still issues with teams like Forest trying a bit too much to play a long ball but these can be fixed through the tactics screen.
A lot of shots also don't elevate off the ground much unless you reach a certain power threshold and direct the LS differently. It's also dependent on the player which means they heavily modded stats, ratings and possibly the code.
I don't know guys. It's based on PES 21 but it's different to some extent. What I know though is that this one is like a thousand lightyears ahead of FIFA 23. At least you can tell you're playing football.

Back
Top Bottom