eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hi, anyone play this game on laptop?
I tried play with i7 8550U/16GB RAM/MX150 GPU, but I face lagging issue.

Advise?

Edited:
Currently I'm using Smoke patch latest.

Advise?

Edited:
go to settings and set everything to LOW... you will be able to get 60 frames per second

Advise?

Edited:
I used to have some lagging/choppiness problems with some of the newer PES due to my laptop overheating, not sure if this is the case for you but I set up my Power Options to 60% maximum processor status for these games, and also use a program called Throttlestop and this solved it. You could give it a try. :TU:

guys i want the experts here to watch this video of this guy, how the heck does he manage to have totally different game than the one i played, just look at the variety he s having, i ve played this game for so long, and i ve never felt this kind of freedom or variety of goals that he s having,
the game i played was so so rigid on superstar difficulty in ML, u feel stuck many times during many matches vs lower tier teams where i felt that i cannot do whatever i wanted with the ball, it was so rigid and AI overpowering, look at this, he s playing a totally different game, look at his goals and the ai goals, i ve never had an AI score those screamers off the post against me.... can anyone explain this plz?
Tactics. First thing you have to do is make sure you mark the striker(s). This will prevent the CPU from always searching for that direct pass to the striker and thus instantly changes the dynamic of the game.

Depending on the opponent you might want to choose maybe for the Man Marking strategy instead (or a combination), for instance when your opponent has their midfielders making a lot of forward runs, or is using the switching wingers tactic, in which case you don't want too much players man marking because the runs will completely destroy your team structure. The Man Marking strategy will make sure, that at least the striker is covered with extra attention, albeit by the nearest of your players (zonal approach).

Personally i also really like to use the Park the Bus tactic when i feel under pressure. With lesser teams this is a must for me. When you notice the effect strategies have on the structure of your team and what happens on the field, you will grow a strategic eye and will go from 'i am really under pressure' (or even 'fuck this scripting') to 'these kind of CPU runs or this specific player is giving me a hard time, how can i counter this to get back in control?'.

Same goes for attacking of course, eg when you feel you need more support in front or you want to utilize a certain player more, just try to fiddle with tactics and see what effect they have so you start to have a good idea of what is in your toolkit. Like, probably you want to disable the automatic offside option but maybe you like its effects and it is compatible with your style of defending.

Lastly, try to make a habit of doing substitutions, especially of course when the CPU does as well. Otherwise you will get overrun in the last 25 minutes or so. It will give u a change to get to know your whole team as well, some players might surprise you and will actually get into your starting 11 this way. If you really, really dread doing them then just enable the automatic substitution option.

Last edited:
where is the SP Football Life 2023 of the smoke patch team?
From their website:

"Release Date

in smokepatch we rarely announce release dates for our content, announcing a specific date to release a specific product is a responsibility that must be honored, and there can be a huge amount of unpredictable reasons that can cause delays, we can never be sure but we can only promise that we are doing the best we can.

we are still expecting the first version to be released by the end of this month, but it might be delayed for some days if needed, constant updates will be provided after the release to enhance features and apply more updated content."

This was written I think a few weeks ago.. I would expect that probably sometime in November they'll release it. Also looking forward to it! :TU:

Haven't commented in a long time but recently rediscovered pes21 with all kinds of modded goodies.

Sadly I forgot Konami does not know how to do "difficulty". Anything above professional and the game falls apart. The mechanisms to increase difficulty are just plain wrong. From top player you will get delayed responses, deliberate switching to wrong players and defenders purposely moving out of the way so the CPU can score. It's no secret either; drop back down to professional and which those same defenders suddenly not make those mistakes anymore and switching being back to being buttery smooth.

Don't make us worse and in turn disallow us to play but make the CPU better. Have them be faster stronger, make better runs for all I care. But don't nerf the player.

Unfortunately professional is too easy and anything above has me putting the controller in a chokehold. I keep forgetting this hence why I keep coming back to the game. Oh well, I guess that's longevity as well in a twisted way 😅

Haven't commented in a long time but recently rediscovered pes21 with all kinds of modded goodies.

Sadly I forgot Konami does not know how to do "difficulty". Anything above professional and the game falls apart. The mechanisms to increase difficulty are just plain wrong. From top player you will get delayed responses, deliberate switching to wrong players and defenders purposely moving out of the way so the CPU can score. It's no secret either; drop back down to professional and which those same defenders suddenly not make those mistakes anymore and switching being back to being buttery smooth.

Don't make us worse and in turn disallow us to play but make the CPU better. Have them be faster stronger, make better runs for all I care. But don't nerf the player.

Unfortunately professional is too easy and anything above has me putting the controller in a chokehold. I keep forgetting this hence why I keep coming back to the game. Oh well, I guess that's longevity as well in a twisted way 😅
i agree totally, it s not a good game above professional, or u have to be just stuck with friendly games where u can set the arrows down for the cpu and urs on normal and creating your own competition in ur own mind.

Some mods do a better job that others leveling the playing field so to speak. I think another major issue is that the way that Konami sets up the AI to behave leaves it massively exposed on higher difficulties. The way the AI defends out wide, exposes it in the middle (CMs close down wingers before FBs do). The defensive line will continue to retreat no matter what especially against 2 strikers. That ultimately, means that there's too much space between the midfield and defense and too much space in midfield overall.

You can do things to minimize these issues, but on higher difficulties these issues will get exposed because the AI does in fact play better on higher difficulties. I'm not saying that Konami doesn't nerf the player on higher difficulty, I'd say they do. A lot of developers do. It's a common practice when introducing additional difficulty because it's easy to implement.

Between mods and some in game tweaks that I use, I have fun on SS. But it took a lot to get to this point.

The amount of teams in Football Life is impressive. But at the moment, it's impossible to edit the sider.ini so we are unable to add any other add-ons or faces....

I don't really understand what it is... Is it just a standalone PES 2021? Including that game's Master League with no additions?
It's a game developed by the people at Smoke Patch which is completely stand-alone and offline. It includes Leagues, Cups, is also playable in Master League, and uses a modded gameplay but one that is based on PES 2021, with their own created database. No other games or patches are needed, it's an independent installation.

Last edited:
I don't really understand what it is... Is it just a standalone PES 2021? Including that game's Master League with no additions?
Errr. You don't need PES 2021. You install it and its PES 2021 but renamed Football life. Has about 8 added stadiums and no players have real faces.
All the teams & leagues are updated. Plenty of teams added. Canada, Congo, India, Angola.

I just can't play it as i have an issue where pressing O to cross or tackle brings up the Sider menu every single time.

It's a game developed by Smoke Patch which is completely stand-alone and offline. It includes Leagues, Cups, and also Master League, and uses a modded gameplay but one that is based on PES 2018-2021, with their own created database.
If you have tried this, do you know how to add faces? I believe we have to edit the sider.ini to do this but it says we don't have permission...

it is released.
Does anyone played it ? How is the gameplay? In there YouTube channel they release a video on available team but no gameplay. Does the game has major or alarming virus or anything apart from false positives generated during patching or modding.

Does anyone played it ? How is the gameplay? In there YouTube channel they release a video on available team but no gameplay. Does the game has major or alarming virus or anything apart from false positives generated during patching or modding.
The gameplay works really fine and there are no viruses, some antiviruses detect the executable as a virus but it is completely clean, in case of virus detection you only have to add the executable as an exception and that's it. But they need time to correct some issues than the gamers can find , apply the addons and make some tutorials for all the people who don't know how to do some things.

the size is pretty small for pes21
the point is this patch is to play the updated master league because konami never release it.

One issue I was having with Football Life are that the formations are a bit wrong, Center Backs playing as Forwards, etc. Seems like many other people are having that same problem. Entering EDIT mode once before playing basically solves it, as it loads the correct formations.

Overall, I'm quite liking the gameplay and enjoying the few exhibitions I've played so far! Really impressive work by the Smoke Patch team. Looking forward to trying out Master League. :)

the size is pretty small for pes21
the point is this patch is to play the updated master league because konami never release it.
According to Smokepatch they have not used any PES 2021 file. From what I suspect it is their own creation based on PES 2021, obviously, since the installation is totally independent. I have tried the LM and I have not seen much change compared to the original, maybe it is something that will come in the future, I have the feeling that they wanted to meet their delivery deadline (October). The only thing you can find in both friendly matches and ML are young players from each team's academies included in the first squad of their team respectively.

I tested the game files on virus total and intezer analyzer . Mainly generic Malware, Bit coin and data stealer virus family are detected . Stil I played the game and the patch game runs smoothly in my potato laptop. Less scripting with good responsive gameplay. But my own team players running slowly and their actions bit awkward like fifa's dumb AI . After switching to pes 21 by fl switcher I see same old same. Sider pop up in. game automatically. No idea. About virus earlier I am not sure in trusting the game . Game although is not a mod of pes 21 but a mixture of pes 14 and efootball 22 in movement of player perspective. Again same question if modder can make this game why Konami make the efootball like this.

i refuse to belive there are any virus or malware files within files, smoke patch team never did that.

they could all be false positive since it is a new thing, as it seems (still haven't tested).

Back
Top Bottom