eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I know what you're talking about. Yes, these free versions are better than new one. But, you should have the Lite version in your steam library to play it. Otherwise, you can't play it, even if someone share it. It requires steam + verification of your library (it checks if you actually own the version in your steam library like I said).
Ok , thanks for replying.

It's not often I see my AI keeper make this many saves. Liverpool had their chances. Couple goals on the break and a very lucky own goal at the start of the second half, then they just completely forgot how to defend. Top player. 20 minutes. -2 game speed. Fixed cursor.

20220918115150_1.jpg

Still return to 2021SU almost every other day. My current FUMA match setup is Fiorentina - Parma on legendary with long grass and form arrow good against normal (to offset the advantage AI has in increasing their TS). Just started with la viola so i am not yet fully in sync yet with the players but i like their energy and team spirit. By default they have 5 midfielders which i like as well.

By this time we could be enjoying PES2023, a thought which still stings a bit, but oh well, i consider it a training in appreciating what i got.

Just a very simple advice, if you prefers having slower building passes and less dynamic dribbling : high grass, without the ball the speedsters are in advantage. I think it also play to fatigue but i ain't sure : but it's a non negligible feature.

If you want the opposite, of course small grass.

There's should be an indicator in game for that when you push pause if you set it to "random" . Personnally, i set it to random on Exbition or "Duel" matchs.
When it's on a cup match, i choose regarding the opposition and my team / on Legendary of course. But often when it's an averagely big team, i don't know what's on the bench, so i set it to normal.

People often forget about that feature. It's a game changer.
But it plays a lot in ball reactions and overall rythm of the game.
It may even transform your "mehhh" feeling into something good.

Personaly i put it to random for the surprise, but it should be indicated in the pause menu what grass the random stuff choosed instead of pushing replay for looking at it.

How and why would anyone comeback to a game where the AI wants to score the same goal over and over again.... it s just so boring to play against the ai in master league, it s one dimensional.man fifa 19 is even a better game, fifa 22 on ps5 is just a much better game.

How and why would anyone comeback to a game where the AI wants to score the same goal over and over again.... it s just so boring to play against the ai in master league, it s one dimensional.man fifa 19 is even a better game, fifa 22 on ps5 is just a much better game.

Comeback ? Perhaps many have not left considering the still vibrant modding community for it.

People are still playing and modding the game so your comment really is invalid
They can mod all they want, im not here to tell.them not to, but to overlook the fact that the ai is one dimensional it s as if ur saying the orange is square shaped but in fact it s round....

They can mod all they want, im not here to tell.them not to, but to overlook the fact that the ai is one dimensional it s as if ur saying the orange is square shaped but in fact it s round....

Never tried any of the many varied gameplay patches then ?

Sorry but once again You are concerning Yourself too much with " other people",

Capture.JPG

With all due respect to those who feel differently, I very rarely see similar goals by the CPU. Sure, certain teams attack in certain ways more than others according to their formation/squad strength but unless you’re playing against the same teams repeatedly, any identical goals are more likely down to human play style that leaves an opportunity frequently for the CPU to exploit. The game does have a level of AI so of course the CPU will exploit a glaring defensive structure/reaction if it’s near identically ineffective most of the time just like any human would.

I’d go so far to say that PES2021 has the most varied attacks of any title in the series after PES6/2007 with the exception perhaps of 2013 but that game powered the weaker teams too much to provide ‘balance’ and nearly eliminated individual team playing styles among all but the big teams. 16 was pretty varied but the gameplay felt ‘scripted’ in ML more than I could handle.

Progress is being made with the new gameplay variants and with the modders learning more and more about the game, I think we have plenty of life left in 2021 which given there’s nothing since it’s release worth playing, is good news.

I mean I just played a match where Liverpool peppered me with a variety of chances. Used a lot of different gp patches too. Some have done a decent job at making the AI operate somewhat differently.

And just like superleeds said, a lot of people never left. A lot of people play master league and since eFoot doesn't have master league, they simply didn't make the jump.

Since Hatrickhero asked, in case you dont know - Hollands new “X PRO EVOLUTION 2023” Gameplay Mod for PES2021 really kicks some ass!!! The most interesting (in a good way) gp mod he's done, borrowing values from efootball2023 which sounds crazy, but has brought a huge freshness to the game. The attacking ai has improved big time, and im seeing stuff I haven't before. If you havent used a gp mod, time to start i reckon!!

After the "debate" above I had the curiosity to try it again. A bit afraid to say it.. but I'm actually having some more than decent fun. Started a ML with Spezia (low table Serie A) at Superstar, I'm seeing some good field logic honestly was lacking (at least to me) on 2020, like in those 10 games strong teams felt stronger and middle/low teams felt tough but doable.. hope it won't vanish in a couple games lol. Plus headers that are finally a thing (again, I remember I practically couldn't score one nor having CPU score them to me in the previous installment, here I already scored at least one and came near other times, plus for example had to mark tight CPUS's Lukaku that was contending every header only to have him finally score with a nice layup). There still are things I like less but for now I'll focus on the good, let's see where this will bring me. Hopefully I discarded it as a 2020 clone too soon.

Ah, the gameplay is vanilla (not even touched tactics) and without any visual mod, I simply manually edited Inter and Milan first shirts with a generic stripe one. I guess in case there will be all the time for it lol.

I still play it cos to me there is nothing better to play.
I tried €Football and it plays ridiculously bad, I tried the last 2 FIFA games and I don't like them at all.
It's not like we have such a big choice of football games to play...

It's not by repeating it's one dimensional that it will become. Found arguments and proof.
To me it's the better version created on PS4, the most complete. Now if you don't like it why to post the same thing again an again.

And please, Fifa 19 and 22 better than that game... You can hate it but objectively, and on tons of test, long or short terms everyone think the opposite.
I know a lot of person cames back from Fifa to PES since the 17 or the 19. And those two aren't better in any ways than PES 2021.

Seriously, don't even try to compare the football logic from PES in terms of physics, dribbling logic (inertia, weight-shift) and positioning to FIFA since 17.
Only ball physics are good in both, but to me the ball is too small on Fifa i don't like that much the feeling of shooting.

I FEEL the game. I didn't know that PES 20 and 21 were so much hated since i'm reading posts here. Everyone i know, many like both but Fifa was "because of presentation, graphisms, all around the pitch etc." and PES for all ON the pitch.

@TheWolf said everything. I don't see the same goals neither. The game got already too much outcomes with ball physics/physics in general, plus the way your defending won't never be the same etc.

I use a lot tackling and sliding tackle with smaller team to cut passes and and take the ball, a bit less with good teams only when necessary for example. And the CPU adapt to that. I don't think at all that with all the algorithm added, they would keep the same AI or it won't be challenging at all. But it is, and just for the way i play, i got more challenge than ever in PES 21... Isn't contradictory with the "same CPU pattern"? If it was so predictable i would never took goals that much.

Last edited:
I still play it cos to me there is nothing better to play.
I tried €Football and it plays ridiculously bad, I tried the last 2 FIFA games and I don't like them at all.
It's not like we have such a big choice of football games to play...
But there's Fifa 19 (as it's better it seems). Don't give excuse for liking that game, and don't says he's right.
If it was so one dimensional no one would have liked it that much, it makes practically unanimity in my entourage.

Then if you always play the same way and don't varies... And think that every goal are scripts, well if you see everything in black instead of analysing "why" the CPU attacks the same way... What way it is? I heard a lot "always the same" but no example. To me they score header, quick passe and goal, long play control and goal, long shoots etc.
I vary my game, they vary their game too. And also, if you play against small team without players with instructions, and the same formation/tactic... It's like in reality, they're limited tactically. Now, play against a most known team, not even Chelsea level and you'll see the difference.

@Madmac79 it's only graphically a clone, but the two are very different. I wasn't a super fan of the 20 even if it was playable i preferred the 19, Tight Possession and Aggression EDIT wasn't really implanted as it should and, and there's not movements enough around the pitch (and the last patch killed everything : they added algorithm to ball physics). I mean, the separation with Dribble wasn't really done well, i figured it out, and tested both. I can explain how both work but it's long (not exactly like Precision/Speed Dribbling older PES)

The 21 adds animations for Tight Possession type game and make the slow dribbling much more important, Agression is much more impactfull, stats are ressorting better and timing was restored. You can overlap a def like on old PES by getting closer and make a quick acceleration etc.

Last edited:
But there's Fifa 19 (as it's better it seems). Don't give excuse for liking that game, and don't says he's right.
If it was so one dimensional no one would have liked it that much, it makes practically unanimity in my entourage.

Then if you always play the same way and don't varies... And think that every goal are scripts, well if you see everything in black instead of analysing "why" the CPU attacks the same way... What way it is? I heard a lot "always the same" but no example. To me they score header, quick passe and goal, long play control and goal, long shoots etc.
I vary my game, they vary their game too. And also, if you play against small team without players with instructions, and the same formation/tactic... It's like in reality, they're limited tactically. Now, play against a most known team, not even Chelsea level and you'll see the difference.

@Madmac79 it's only graphically a clone, but the two are very different. I wasn't a super fan of the 20 even if it was playable i preferred the 19, Tight Possession and Aggression was really implanted as it should and, and there's not movements enough around the pitch (and the last patch killed everything : they added algorithm to ball physics). I mean, the separation with Dribble wasn't really done well, i figured it out, and tested both. I can explain how both work but it's long (not exactly like Precision/Speed Dribbling older PES)

The 21 adds animations for Tight Possession type game and make the slow dribbling much more important, Agression is much more impactfull, stats are ressorting better and timing was restored. You can overlap a def like on old PES by getting closer and make a quick acceleration etc.
Sorry bro, I put the laugh reaction in good spirit :D as you did in the past, as despite his flaws Fifa 19 is one of my favourite Fifas, I don't think I need an excuse to like it as I think noone needs to justify what they play. Let's criticize the games for what they are but accept anyone might have different tastes or like different things. The same goes for Pes of course. Hope it won't look aggressive, if I dwell on this it's cause I respect you, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Anyway I'd be very interested in hearing in detail what you think it's different between 2020 and 2021, and also about the dribbling mechanics more in depth. If you find the time, definitely go ahead, I'll gladly read it:)

No @Madmac79 , i was talking about Hatrickhero and took one game he mentioned i found less good than PES 21 for sure : i don't even remember totally Fifa 19 except than i sold it after 2 month because i preferred PES 19 and got enough of Fifa overall lol. Not that game particularly. But i found fresh air with PES 19 and realism that i didn't found on PES 18, or Fifa 18, etc. again in terms of physics to me it was miles ahead in terms of "getting captivated from what i saw and play" lol.

I should have took Fifa 21 or 22 or buying 23 as example lol, or the shittiest Fifa the way he talk about PES 21 (i think you like Fifa 20 so i avoided but you liked FIFA 19 😂 sorry for the fail)
The 20 that game makes me furious to have lost 59.99 or more with my 175 euros i won on the PSN instead of buying a game i hesitated to buy, and was waiting for an upcoming one.
When you destroy big teams with Libertadores club or K-League or Swedish vs Tottenham or Dortmund 4-0 on legendary... With too much easy move in comparison to PES etc. and players feels too reactive to be true so i could've do what i want without feeling restriction... But that's my experience you should understand. I retried and it's a no, i hate that feeling and the result coming with.

So i got a resentment about that game, brought it instead of a game i really wanted but i through that "back to Fifa after a year could be cool". Then i retried in all calm and it was the same.

No @Madmac79 , i was talking about Hatrickhero and took one game he mentioned i found less good than PES 21 for sure : i don't even remember totally Fifa 19 except than i sold it after 2 month because i preferred PES 19 and got enough of Fifa overall lol. Not that game particularly. But i found fresh air with PES 19 and realism that i didn't found on PES 18, or Fifa 18, etc. again in terms of physics to me it was miles ahead in terms of "getting captivated from what i saw and play" lol.

I should have took Fifa 21 or 22 or buying 23 as example lol, or the shittiest Fifa the way he talk about PES 21 (i think you like Fifa 20 so i avoided but you liked FIFA 19 😂 sorry for the fail)
The 20 that game makes me furious to have lost 59.99 or more with my 175 euros i won on the PSN instead of buying a game i hesitated to buy, and was waiting for an upcoming one.
When you destroy big teams with Libertadores club or K-League or Swedish vs Tottenham or Dortmund 4-0 on legendary... With too much easy move in comparison to PES etc. and players feels too reactive to be true so i could've do what i want without feeling restriction... But that's my experience you should understand. I retried and it's a no, i hate that feeling and the result coming with.

So i got a resentment about that game, brought it instead of a game i really wanted but i through that "back to Fifa after a year could be cool". Then i retried in all calm and it was the same.
Oh ok, it's all clear 😅 . In all honesty I haven't played nearly enough of Fifa 20, the little career I did looked kinda tough to me but whatever lol. Major problem was that they introduced the pernicious one vs one thing.. even if sliders mitigated it (I know you aren't a fan :D), it's hard to defend it anyway as a whole.

About Fifa 20 i through you were a fan 😅 i ALSO prefers by miles Fifa 19 @Madmac79 .... Or every Fifa before the 20 (didn't liked the 15 at all, but it came third on my "shitty game" list)

But i won't say that it's a bad game, as people who didn't liked FIFA 22 liked that one, so there's something to hire. I just didn't felt the game, and the CPU challenge absence. It's just that i got a very bad experience with and not at all what i was waiting for : it was so different even from FIFA 18-19, didn't even wanted to try online also for the 1 vs 1 defending, i tackled like a fool and manager to get ball (didn't worked with the 22 lol) and i only tried Sliders on FIFA 22 because before : i wanted to have the same game vs CPU than vs Human as i was a Competitor on Seasons mode.

Not a manual player, just not my philosophy, approach of the game. Semi yes, PA1 from PES 14-15 yes : stats matters.

Started with Semi on FIFA 20 but the issue is it's in my opinion too easy to place your shoots where you want even with smaller club : i got easy to get close to the goal so just aiming to the target, a small push and the keeper seems to got harder with Semi shooting. AI got hard with variety, a bit like PES / I should admit than PES 21 wasn't really made for manual, player awareness was sometimes "... Ah yes i should go to take the ball" when on PA1 they're aware in advance.

But back to FIFA 20 with more AI challenge i think i may have tolerate the game vs CPU. I was a big online player D1 on every Fifa (not FUT) so CPU felt super easy vs D3 to D1 online player to be honest.
And Fifa 19 i played online but i got enough of that mode and the trolls became like cockroaches. Impossible to play seriously, and it was something that in opposite to people who yell after loss : i was ported by the season journey, and it was like a med to calm you, or a meditation session lol.

But on 18 then 19 one game on 2 you got a clown or a one goal at the 15th min then turn the ball until the end; or you score two goal a row from the start and they play complety off context, scoring auto goal again again and again for you to quit.
Those situations and dumb people growed up from Fifa 14 to Fifa 19 exponentially. Didn't brought the 21 as you probably guess why, and fall on the 22 trap "no other game : lost by idol PES, my little hearth bleeding to heal, but pop doesn't heal 🤣 so back to the basics. I started retro and took a PES 21 break, and will come back a bit later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom