eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Purely and simply, it’s bad code!

This generally happens when you don’t write code for a specific object or piece of hardware, and use a ‘generic’ instead.

The general result of that kind of coding is 100% processor use and memory leaks, resulting in either or both of them (memory and/or processor) at max use causing overheating, hence the fan belting away at 100% as well to keep the computer cool and prevent it from burning itself out.

I’m surprised they get their app on the PS store actually.

I’m also surprised they haven’t burnt out some PS4’s too. Maybe they have and we just don’t know because no one has realised and presumed it was just a fault with their machine.

Finally, the most likely cause here, apart from 100% numptiness at Konami, is when you ‘port’ a code base from one dedicated machine or development framework to another and don’t bother to ‘optimise’ your code for the new environment/hardware/software objects.

I make these statements as a commercial programmer of 40 years standing. What I would give for just one wee look at some of their code down Konami way!

Thanks for the insight:TU:

So what is the chance they'll rewrite/optimize code on a new engine and hardware (PS5)?

Thanks for the insight:TU:

So what is the chance they'll rewrite/optimize code on a new engine and hardware (PS5)?

In a coding team charged with an ‘upgrade’ to a new platform/environment it always commences as one of enthusiasm and keenness to write everything from scratch. Then due to illness, holidays, the advancing calendar, test dates, staging dates, UAT (user acceptance testing) the pressure builds to ‘just take that wee bit that we know works’ from the old app and plonk it in this one that’ll save a week’s dev time. As things progress, this goes on and gets deeper until you end up with a hybrid app of some new fully optimised code, and half the old (cr)app in there as well.

This ability to bump a year and moving to both new hardware and a new environment too may help Konami enormously to avoid the ‘cut n paste‘ temptations that would otherwise exist.

So, we live in hope for PES 22 and the PS5!

I'm glad to see that Bathi is no longer only focused on PES, now he can destroy all Konami's games.

I'm really happy to see Konami putting all its effort on PES 22 and the new engine, it's the company's last chance to make a very good game, if they listened to the community PES would be an AMAZING game.

I hope they stick with Jim Beglin and Peter Dury, sometimes their phrases can get get repetitive but in those special moments, the emotion and passion in their voices gives me small goosebumps.

I actually like PES 2020 quite a bit but surely you are taking the p*ss here. Those two have been an absolute travesty from day one and it pains me that Konami don't realise what a massive difference it would make for this game to get decent commentary.

"GREAT CHALLENGE!... That's a foul, free kick is given!" :LMAO:

I actually like PES 2020 quite a bit but surely you are taking the p*ss here. Those two have been an absolute travesty from day one and it pains me that Konami don't realise what a massive difference it would make for this game to get decent commentary.

"GREAT CHALLENGE!... That's a foul, free kick is given!" :LMAO:
"That's high-class goalkeeping to back up his high-class wage"...

Not sure where this fits but does anyone think there's a developer somewhere with his own version, fully modded , loads of intelligent AI play and fouls but obviously not for public release ?

Not sure where this fits but does anyone think there's a developer somewhere with his own version, fully modded , loads of intelligent AI play and fouls but obviously not for public release ?
I was taking about that before. There surely must be at least one of a Konami PES developer having the Sider tool and evo-patch installed, enjoying all its glory!!

Im so sure of that. :D

If I were a dictator somewhere,that's my move, kidnapping the Dev team,making the game my fucking way.
Like in a heartbeat

I was taking about that before. There surely must be at least one of a Konami PES developer having the Sider tool and evo-patch installed, enjoying all its glory!!

Im so sure of that. :D
Gi0.gif

It seems the only way they can justify the price is by throwing in 3000 Myclub coins. For someone like myself who doesn't touch Myclub, it's hardly an incentive to purchase a roster/kit update.

Today they released the stadium and license list for Pes 2021. I just checked stadium list and there are 48 vs 50 in Pes 2020. It's just one stadium that is lost, San Siro (but it was repeated as Meazza and San Siro in Pes 2020, so it counted as 2).
According to this list, we are losing the following 5 stadiums: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/de/all/page/license
  • Estádio do Maracanã
  • Estádio Palestra Italia
  • Giuseppe Meazza
  • San Siro
  • Ülker Stadyumu Fenerbahçe Şükrü Saracoğlu Spor Kompleksi

According to Robbye Ron it isn't just an update but a new game... Yeah, right.

The video Spoony made on the interview with him its clear its the same game, gameplaywise just expect a PES2020 1.9 exe (or i dunno where we are at now) just named as PES2021 1.0
Its a nice dream tho that perhaps 2021 is a masterly polished PES2020 with fouls, good player reaction, proper AI with player id.

This whole new game vs season update seems quite a mess, like something is being lost in translation. From what I remember of that interview in Spoony's video, Robbye even said something along the lines of "season update was a bad title, because it made people think that it would be a downloadable update to PES 2020".

So what I think he is saying now, is probably just a confirmation that it is NOT an update per se (that requires users to already own 2020) but a standalone purchase/game which is in effect just an update of 2020 - NOT a brand new game.

I think Konami really shot themselves in the foot by creating so much confusion about this, plus charging 30€ or however much it is they are charging. I don't think I even paid that much for disc versions of their last couple of games, and now they want to charge that much for something that by their own wording is the same gameplay with updated squads?

Why didn't they just make it a paid DLC to PES 2020 of max 10€ that could be purchased as stand alone for 30€ if you didn't already own 2020?
(BTW do we even know if they are selling 2021 on disc?)

Besides that, I though it was very interesting that he said, in the same Spoony video, that 2021 was NOT bypassed because of COVID, but that the decision was made prior to the pandemic, and something about the developers already being familiar with the new engine from the PES mobile games. That gave me some belief that they have indeed been working on the new engine game for quite a while, maybe even from the moment they finished 2020.

Back
Top Bottom