eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Agreed!
The difficulty is another thing with this game.
I played a long time on professional. But there I had too many bullshit games once in a while.
Since i play on regular, I enjoy it more, even it is a bit too easy sometimes.
But never do I feel cheated and still get draws and losses.
I´d love to have something in between regular and professional.

Top player and superstar....I tried these.....respect to anyone who´s able to enjoy the game on those levels.
I can´t...
Experienced a lot of scripting today, same situation as yours, gonna try this out playing on regular

Posted the above and as if by magic, a few community places on Twitter are reporting that if we make more than one pre-order for PES 2021, we'll get more pre-order bonuses.

Step right up, folks - buy two copies of the same game, you don't want to be some kind of idiot who only gets ONE superstar on release day do you?

The mind boggles. Who in their right mind buys two copies of a game - and if it's digital, you can't even sell your spare copy.

The world's gone mad.

ONE superstar on LOAN!!

Posted the above and as if by magic, a few community places on Twitter are reporting that if we make more than one pre-order for PES 2021, we'll get more pre-order bonuses.

Step right up, folks - buy three copies of the same game, you don't want to be some kind of idiot who only gets ONE superstar on release day do you?

The mind boggles. Who in their right mind buys two or three copies of a game - and if it's digital, you can't even sell your spare copies.

The world's gone mad. EDIT: @༺Ƥeຮ༻ points out - they're loan players too...

It's frustrating to see this. Not only does the price for one copy feel very overpriced, but the uniqueness of selecting a 'club' edition is now out of the window because you can purchase all of them.

I knew NBA 2K had gotten bad from the little I played of 2K16 and had heard little things in passing about more recent editions but holy shit, that 2K20 MyTeam trailer was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen to promote a sports game. How the fuck are they saying it isn't gambling... The excuses from ESRB and PEGI are such BS as well.

The only glimmer of hope I have for PES 2022 is that they are developing it from scratch with the expectancy that by its release, there will be regulation/bans on lootboxes across Europe.

A month ago there was that comment about it by the House of Lords, but then theres been no further progress since. Hopefully this won't just fizzle out like every other time it seems like something might get done about it.

Only Messi is a loan player, the iconic moment players are permanent.
Is this for sure ? If so .. OK, its not clean. I saw that (Loan) on Messi so.. you will have Iconic Messi for permanent and normal Messi for Loan ? How that make sense i dont know, sorry @ Chris Davies if I'm wrong.

Is this for sure ? If so .. OK, its not clean. I saw that (Loan) on Messi so.. you will have Iconic Messi for permanent and normal Messi for Loan ? How that make sense i dont know, sorry @ Chris Davies if I'm wrong.
The loan Messi is just the general preorder bonus. If you buy the Barcelona edition, you will get a permanent Iconic Moment Messi on top. Whether these club editions actually stack, I don't know.

i wished the positive gameplay aspects of the last couple of PES's would stack up to PES2022! ;)

The gameplay isn't that bad as some say, it needs some polishment but what I most want to see is a football atmosphere, PES is extremely soulless, it's boring.

The gameplay isn't that bad as some say, it needs some polishment but what I most want to see is a football atmosphere, PES is extremely soulless, it's boring.
Oi Lucas! if the gameplay on the pitch is that engaging and life like... i woundt mind how the presentation is off the pitch (not to much). sure, i want more!! much more!
but my personal priority is gameplay!
and you are right, the gameplay aint that bad. its just a shame that the most fundamental aspects of football are the worst represented ones in this game (DP8)! ;)
maybe i'm exaggerating a litte here... i admit. but these (like 1-3) stale attack pattern from the 2020 AI (DP8) are doing my head in! :BRICK:

i take the occasional vanilla flaws like AI non-awarness to loose balls or AI running of the pitch with the ball EVERY time over those stupid 1-3 attack styles by the 2020 AI!

but i'm repeating myself here. sorry guys! :BYE:

tchau!

Last edited:
Oi Lucas! if the gameplay on the pitch is that engaging and life like... i woundt mind how the presentation is off the pitch (not to much). sure, i want more!! much more!
but my personal priority is gameplay!
and you are right, the gameplay aint that bad. its just a shame that the most fundamental aspects of football are the worst represented ones in this game (DP8)! ;)
maybe i'm exaggerating a litte here... i admit. but these (like 1-3) stale attack pattern from the 2020 AI (DP8) are doing my head in! :BRICK:

i take the occasional vanilla flaws like AI non-awarness to loose balls or AI running of the pitch with the ball EVERY time over those stupid 1-3 attack styles by the 2020 AI!

but i'm repeating myself here. sorry guys! :BYE:

tchau!

Yeah, I think the main part of a sports game it's its gameplays, but imo atmosphere is almost as important as the gameplay. Sometimes it seems that you are playing a friendly instead of playing a huge derby or playing the semis of UCL. I confess I've played much less PES20 than the previous one, I think I'm really sick of all the Konami's promisses and year after year we don't have nothing new.

Tchau my friend, good portuguese :APPLAUD:

Step right up, folks - buy two copies of the same game, you don't want to be some kind of idiot who only gets ONE superstar on release day do you?

Smart move if you ask me. I've only been buying 1 copy each year, and for the last decade it's always arrived faulty.

No way am I gonna risk the gameplay getting damaged, or modes/features getting lost by the postal service or a glitchy download again.
Hell I might buy 3 copies to last me through the year in case microsoft or sony servers mess with any of the patches and corrupt my game.

Come to think of it, I should buy an extra console too, since these stupid things aren't good enough to run the game. One might overheat, brick, or explode and then what am I gonna do? Can't use 3 loan Messi's, or buy microtransactions if that happens.

Come to think of it, I should buy an extra console too, since these stupid things aren't good enough to run the game.
Oh now everything's clear. Now I see why my Xbox One went in a loop while updating last night when I wanted to play some PES 2017.
Thanks for clearing it out for me! 😄

On a serious note, it actually did. Downloaded the update just fine, started verifying it, stuck.
Reboot.
Downloaded the update just fine, started verifying it, stuck.

Rinse and repeat until I decided to keep it offline and to try uninstalling NBA 2K20 (which was the last game I had installed and was also trying to update at the same time too, maybe updates were conflicting with each other?) and everything, Xbox update included, went on normally after that.

Yeah, I think the main part of a sports game it's its gameplays, but imo atmosphere is almost as important as the gameplay. Sometimes it seems that you are playing a friendly instead of playing a huge derby or playing the semis of UCL. I confess I've played much less PES20 than the previous one, I think I'm really sick of all the Konami's promisses and year after year we don't have nothing new.

estou tentando!
been in brazil in 2017 the first time and this was a life changing experience for me! i am an even bigger fan since!
but lets cut the private talk for now... ;)

btt: I like to play the SA teams in PES a lot.
i remember the derby matches were special back in the days... the rival settings really made the matches special. now this nuance seems to be gone! waterred down... like team and player ID!

Last edited:

Essentially every match IS a friendly due to the AI's disregard for aggregate scores and league positions, and inability to make tactical adjustments/substitutions and formation changes. The one exception being the cartoonish notion of putting a centre back up front from around the hour mark in a cup match, while strikers sit on the bench.

I remember back in the days of This Is Football when the Cpu team would sub on a striker for a midfielder or defender while chasing the match, that was over 15 years ago. Awful stuff from Komani.

Essentially every match IS a friendly due to the AI's disregard for aggregate scores and league positions, and inability to make tactical adjustments/substitutions and formation changes. The one exception being the cartoonish notion of putting a centre back up front from around the hour mark in a cup match, while strikers sit on the bench.

I remember back in the days of This Is Football when the Cpu team would sub on a striker for a midfielder or defender while chasing the match, that was over 15 years ago. Awful stuff from Komani.
That happened to me in the first cup final I played on 2020... 0-0 at around the hour mark and they went full attacking mentality which sent nearly all their players forward any time they got into my half, including one of the CBs. Even on PA0/Superstar that let me walk in 3 easy goals as they had nobody back to defend 2 or 3 simple passes up the pitch. They weren't even behind - it was level and there was 30 mins, extra time and penalties remaining.

What's the point playing any kind of cup competition/ML when the AI will do dumb shit like this and ruin the final? Custom tactics can't even fix this... Ended up playing League mode from then on - not much better but at least they don't use suicidal tactics in the last 30 mins of a 0-0 game.

Me too, preordered the digital standard version off the PlayStation store
If you order the club edition, with the better bonuses through the 2020 game from the main menu (Full game or lite version), it's actually cheaper than the standard version.

I pre-ordered the Juventus version with Iconic Ronaldo, the bonuses for 30 weeks instead of 10 and 3000 coins for just £23.99. The coins alone are worth that and as a Myclub player, this was a no braininer.

You get 20% off the club version when buying through the game rather than the store

If you order the club edition, with the better bonuses through the 2020 game from the main menu (Full game or lite version), it's actually cheaper than the standard version.

I pre-ordered the Juventus version with Iconic Ronaldo, the bonuses for 30 weeks instead of 10 and 3000 coins for just £23.99. The coins alone are worth that and as a Myclub player, this was a no braininer.

You get 20% off the club version when buying through the game rather than the store

I am not really a my club player, I do go on for the bonuses and competitions but most of my play time is on master league

Back
Top Bottom