eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I kept typing, deleting, typing, deleting..

I honestly dont know if there is any point of saying anything at this stage..
On one hand - its not a bad idea to focus on '22 and just have a small update in '21.

One the other hand - charging people 30quid for squad updates, some celebration and 3 utterly useless faces in their shambolic Master League, with less teams and stadiums?

Also - seeing them all coming out of the shadows, after ignoring people for six months, starting to hype this using their socks and shoes and hearing same old shite about how bright the future is, makes me wonder - am I too old for this, or is this bus being driven by few blokes with the mentality of 12 year olds..

I dont know..

Anyhow.. Best of luck, Konami..

FWIW I'd like this twice if I could.

These are really sad times for all the football fans tho..

When you know that development team is taking a break for a whole year and all you hope for is that the gameplay side will be polished..

Coz I really dont believe in any sort of depth, immersion and new modes and I hope none of you are getting their hopes up either..

Looking back to where we started our adventures with Pes - who would have thought that in 20 years I will be hoping that my players know where the ball is and that the referee will blow his whistle for the right team..
And that, in order to have any sort of atmosphere on a stadium, people will have to play their recordings of Fifa matches..

Its.. yeah.. wow..
:LOL:

We all have to accept the fact, that both Konami and EA are no football lovers but commercial companies which want so gain as much money as possible with less effort as possible. And as long as there are enough people paying them shitloads of money for virtual Ronaldos with stupid haircuts, why should they change anything? Can't even blame them for that.

If we will ever get a decent football game again, it will be from an indie company I guess.

On one hand - its not a bad idea to focus on '22 and just have a small update in '21.

One the other hand - charging people 30quid for squad updates, some celebration and 3 utterly useless faces in their shambolic Master League, with less teams and stadiums?

So long as we all know what we're getting for £30 (ie. they don't try to sell it as having any supposed gameplay improvements, just squad updates and a few bits of cosmetic fluff), then it makes the decision whether or not to buy nice and easy for us.

If they sold it (not that I want to put this idea into Konami's thoughts) as having completely fixed the referees and glaring AI awareness issues, it would then become tempting...but with the doubt in your mind that they hadn't really fixed these issues sufficiently.

So I think I prefer it this way - £30 for data updates....take it or leave it.

Reading the last few pages here... I’m so glad I’m a very positive person. Realistic but none the less optimistic. :)

I settled with 2017 and that brings calmness into my whole body. No need to rage about stuff I can’t change... I just focus on handling those situations appropriately. But that’s how I live my life as well.

I’m not saying it’s wrong to name the flaws!! Do that, it’s a free world! ...and needed sometimes.

Just wanted to drop my attitude so others may find a new way “to look at and handle situations” (get infected)!
I’m not a messiah, just a guy that means good. :BYE:

Have a good weekend y’all!! Enjoy the sun, meet people, embrace life! ...and play some footy (irl! ;) )!

Last edited:
Working on a spanking new Pes 2022 with UE,great!
Pes 2021 a season update from the horrible 2020,it's a no go,can't think of any game I want less than that (EA hold my beer?)
Rather,and will play my older Pes titles than this.

When you know that development team is taking a break for a whole year and all you hope for is that the gameplay side will be polished..

Coz I really dont believe in any sort of depth, immersion and new modes and I hope none of you are getting their hopes up either..

Looking back to where we started our adventures with Pes - who would have thought that in 20 years I will be hoping that my players know where the ball is and that the referee will blow his whistle for the right team..
And that, in order to have any sort of atmosphere on a stadium, people will have to play their recordings of Fifa matches..

Its.. yeah.. wow..

Now they're taking a "whole extra year" to develop a "whole new game" for next gen, this is probably the one big opportunity for the game to really make a breakthrough and revamp the tactical and AI side of gameplay. There are basic gameplay things that have been missing from the game, like individual player instructions, AI teams that adjust their tactics depending upon the opposition, AI teams that play with more than the binary options of "long passing" or "short passing", etc, but what's the betting we'll be getting the same tired old options they've been rehashing for the past 10+ years.

Wouldn't it have been encouraging if there had been community engagement by Konami find out what we want? Although the myClub voice would doutbless have been the only one listened to.

I'm not completely pessimistic about what they'll come up with because some recent PESs have been decent enough (17 & 18 in particular) but I do think that whatever we get with PES2022 will be pretty much what we'll be getting for the next few years beyond that, so if PES2022 is essentially PES2020 but with "Unreal" gfx, then it will be such a lost opportunity to revamp and truly evolve.

Its.. yeah.. wow..
Welcome back EmEs! #playingisbelieving #iwanttobelieve #pitchours

Welcome back EmEs! #playingisbelieving #iwanttobelieve #pitchours
7a271afae64c83a5ba06588e7921ec253c879acddf58c609c905b501baff2dce.jpg

yep, i liked that you found your way back, ya olde zombie you! :APPLAUD:
feel free to say hi when the itching starts again...! ;)

edit: @slamsoze: #iwanttobelieve(that)thepitchours(again)

Last edited:
Had to come back here after I read the news^^

Now they're taking a "whole extra year" to develop a "whole new game" for next gen, this is probably the one big opportunity for the game to really make a breakthrough and revamp the tactical and AI side of gameplay. There are basic gameplay things that have been missing from the game, like individual player instructions, AI teams that adjust their tactics depending upon the opposition, AI teams that play with more than the binary options of "long passing" or "short passing", etc, but what's the betting we'll be getting the same tired old options they've been rehashing for the past 10+ years.

Wouldn't it have been encouraging if there had been community engagement by Konami find out what we want? Although the myClub voice would doutbless have been the only one listened to.

I'm not completely pessimistic about what they'll come up with because some recent PESs have been decent enough (17 & 18 in particular) but I do think that whatever we get with PES2022 will be pretty much what we'll be getting for the next few years beyond that, so if PES2022 is essentially PES2020 but with "Unreal" gfx, then it will be such a lost opportunity to revamp and truly evolve.

Yes it is a very big opportunity for KONAMI.
If they use that opportunity the way they should, we might get a great game next year.

But there are many doubts...specially when I remember how crazy the devs are about their player faces for example.
With a new engine, new gen, they surely are gonna try to bring the best results they can, to show off what they are able to do in that section.

Whether they use their energy to work on stuff around the pitch, like modes, ML, leagues and stuff, that us hardcore fans are crying about for years...?
Even though I´m positive as PRO_TOO....I kinda doubt it.

And as for the season update....I don´t care at all, but I understand that move.
For 10 Euro´s I´d get it, but only to have a footie game that I can play with a mate on the same console.

Also - seeing them all coming out of the shadows, after ignoring people for six months, starting to hype this using their socks and shoes and hearing same old shite about how bright the future is, makes me wonder - am I too old for this, or is this bus being driven by few blokes with the mentality of 12 year olds..

I dont know..

Anyhow.. Best of luck, Konami..

Its.. yeah.. wow..
Very very good posts! Agree 10000%!

We all have to accept the fact, that both Konami and EA are no football lovers but commercial companies which want so gain as much money as possible with less effort as possible. And as long as there are enough people paying them shitloads of money for virtual Ronaldos with stupid haircuts, why should they change anything? Can't even blame them for that.

If we will ever get a decent football game again, it will be from an indie company I guess.
But why, why, why they don't please both? At the start of the game you can choose: arcade or simularion.

Pes2021 is going to be fun but I still play 2018 and 2020
I don’t know if it’s possible to convert and use pes17 kits in pes18

It's bizarre, but if I could ONLY turn off the replays I would be much more satisfied....

Watching the ps5 controller features, with the context sensitive triggers was thinking how cool it would be In a Football game in terms of shooting/ passes. Possibilities are endless then again knowing Konami dnt think they would consider it.

I was just thinking how great it'd be if the PES Team were to give us sort of monthly diary videos showing the progress in the different areas from, say end of the year until launch.
I miss those videos from years ago that would let us check out how they work.

That would be a greater marketing tool than any of those gimmicky names they come up with to describe features that are never really 'there' in the game when we actually get to play it.

£30, fook dat.

If a PS5 version comes out I might but not touching it at that price as lo g as I have a PS4.

FD

25 or 30 Euro for this minor graphic and roster Update? Thanks, but no.

There will be OFs for 2020 version that will do better than Konami.

Regarding PES 2022 i am not hyped in anyway.
They use UE, fine, a new engine. I bet the will mess up with it again like they did the last 15 years. And I will bet my ass, they will use the same ugly menues for statistics etc, like always and the will never fix issues like the known gameplay problems (ai shooting, referees, fouls, glued gk, etc) AND i am looking forward to see fouls and offsides being counted as fouls and shots hitting the bar not counting as shots on target - like always.

By the end of this year, i will consider to buy this update for 10€ max, but only of there are some gameplay fixes by title updates and complete rosters AND availability of a complete OF.

PES 2021 on PS5 will be my last PES for sure, if they mess up once again. But this is so far away by now...

I like the sound of "Rebuilt from the ground up", hopefully this means brand new gameplay/AI etc.

Uh-oh.
Our licensing agreement with both AC Milan and FC Internazionale Milano is set to expire, and these clubs will not appear in the eFootball PES 2021 Season Update.
This season, we encourage users to enjoy matches with MILANO RN and LOMBARDIA NA, two PES original clubs that feature players with real-names.

Someone's still angry for the "Piemonte Calcio" thing and will fight fire with fire I guess. EA, I'm looking at you.

And apparently it's not the only thing they've been messing up, hooray!
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/it/all/page/license

Last edited:
Where does this leave current gen gamers and PC gamers for that matter?
Personally I hope they ditch current gen ASAP, or at most only provide the kinds of "season updates" of the old game like this year for a few more years on PS4/XB1.

I really hope they don't go the route of trying to release a scaled back version of the same game on the new engine for older platforms like they did with putting PES 2014 in the Fox Engine on PS3/360. Designing the game around having next-gen consoles as the minimum hardware spec required could allow them to do new things that were impossible on the previous generation, not just the same things you could have on the old gen but in a higher resolution or framerate.

I'm on PC so obviously I'm hoping we get parity with the PS5 version as soon as possible, but I could understand their logic if they waited a year so that there would be enough users with PCs matching the specs of the latest consoles. Looking at the minimum specs required for PES 2020, you can get away with an 8 year old GPU and CPU and many users do still use such old builds.

Looking at the minimum specs required for PES 2020, you can get away with an 8 year old GPU and CPU and many users do still use such old builds.
I'm one of them.
High-end 2008 CPU here (i7 920) and mid-range 2013 video card (R9 270X) and I can play almost every PES (and FIFA, for what it's worth here) game at 1920x1080 with no issues. There are games which give me trouble (Milestone's Ride for example, which stutters @ 1080p and which I have to play @ 720p) but they're still the minority.

The current-gen consoles could hardly be labeled as ground-breaking at release, they were as powerful as a mid-range PC at launch (maybe just a little more but not much).
The next-gen ones seem to be more of a leap forward, and that's why I'm considering buying a new rig soon.

Looking at the minimum specs required for PES 2020, you can get away with an 8 year old GPU and CPU and many users do still use such old builds.

Yeah, many people spend 2k+ to have the best possible hardware. I just build a new mid range pc whenever I think there's a need. My 7 year old pc can play almost anything I'd want to, but it may be time to start looking around for my next cheapo, mid range pc, to match any possible jump in hardware requirements. Not in a hurry though :)

Back
Top Bottom