eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Finesse Dribble and context-sensitive kick accuracy were things already in 2020
I don't understand why they repeat these two in the gameplay section which means no major gameplay changes I guess

Last edited:
There is not excuse for konami for covid 19 or a great pes 22, they needed to have a group of persons working for pes 2021 and another one fore pes 2022, its seems from trailer I have seen pes 2021 is gonna be really poor in content and changes in gameplay

Yeah and you should look forward to some of them being implemented in Pes 2022 on Next Gen consoles and PC.
for what I want a great pes 2022 if I have to play every match in konami stadium cause mods will be not enable in a new engine?

Every update has some gameplay changes. They are usually quite subtle. 2021 will beyond a doubt have changes, but only like those introduced with patches.
surely there will be the classic sentence from every dlc: A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
but are they the new gameplay changes at all?I don't think so

There is not excuse for konami for covid 19 or a great pes 22, they needed to have a group of persons working for pes 2021 and another one fore pes 2022, its seems from trailer I have seen pes 2021 is gonna be really poor in content and changes in gameplay
Yeah they have literally said that is what the 2021 version is. Good or bad, you are only getting a season update this year. Will this hurt them in the long run? Only time will tell.

£25 for no penalty kicks? £25 for yellow pitches?

£25 for awful A.I.?

£25 for PES 2020.5?

image.png

Guys come on! What did you expect? From what you're sayin I can tell that you didn't started playing with PES yesterday. So I'm asking you again, what did you expect? I mean every year they release the SAME game for the same price the only thing they're changing is the licenses, kits, rosters, gameplay etc so not big stuff. And you thought they will bring you a way better game especially now when we live in messed up world? Please we have bigger problems than what's gonna be in the new PES or FIFA or any game to be honest.

If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT! Simple as that.
I'm not gonna buy it that's for sure because the modders I'm pretty sure will making the update too and if Konami made some new things in PES21 like new (manager) faces, gameplay changes etc the modders can use those in PES20.

So yeah I'm not interested in PES21 SU but I'm 100% interested in PES22.

3 new master league models. Lampard,Pep and Giggs
New kits/boots
There will 100% be new gameplay changes, even if they haven't mentioned it.
Better Lighting
New turfs
New adboards
For only £25?
PC mods have done all of that and a hell of a lot more already this year, available for the grand price of £0.

£25 for a fraction of that, likely at a significantly lower quality than the mods on here is not a tempting proposition.

PC mods have done all of that and a hell of a lot more already this year, available for the grand price of £0.

£25 for a fraction of that, likely at a significantly lower quality than the mods on here is not a tempting proposition.
Have you heard of consoles?

25 is still pretty steep.

Hello mate,
How are you?

I think that this new engine might allow them to bend things in a way that simply was not possible with FOX ENGINE.
It's not just about cosmetics. It's about the amount of calculations and processes the engine can handle, allowing for better animations, better AI, and more organic gameplay.

I don't think it'll be from scratch, but I do think that many things must be re-programmed or re-done.
Some other data might be carried over, but I highly doubt the transition from FOX ENGINE to UNREAL is going to be friendly for the Devs, that's why they'll probably need to start fresh in many aspects.

If you look at this clip from Durandil, you can see how they take much of the content from previous iterations and still be able to implement them in a complete new environment and adapt them:

As for the "forgive and forget" thing... I believe that it'll ultimately be up to each of us individually. If PES 2022 ends up being the best football game ever created in every way, I think we'll all forgive and forget. But if it ends up being a Frankenstein, with the worst of both worlds... then it'll all come crushing down again.

But what other choice do we have? It's not like we have 6 football games developed by AAA Companies to choose from. We're stuck with these 2. So we better hope for the best.

I'm well, thanks for asking, mate.

I understand it's not just about cosmetics, but even for the fact that the theme is "more", it still makes me cautious. To me, PES 20 doesn't even need that much more. It needs addressing the concept of simplicity and logic in gameplay and definitely some night lighting for the pitch. For 2022, If they start from scratch, they'll understand to do less at the start. This way they don't create iterations of PES that have tactics and attack/defense mentality as their base gameplay, which has plagued the series since 2016.

The hope is that PES 2022 is completely different from PES 2020. However, the reason for my caution, and maybe lack of optimism, is that this is the same group that collectively decided to shackle the free flowing gameplay that PES was previously known for by over-complicating simple elements. Instead, they used a formula of: Player stats/ratings > Player Styles > Player Positions > Attack/Defense animations > Tactics > Advanced Instructions. All these elements affected the end result of gameplay. If they bring that same template into the next iteration, then I do hope they find another way around it or somehow, like you said, increase calculations and processes. I'm just not sure a new engine could save us from that base layer that has hurt PES for a while.

You are right though, we only have 2 games to choose from. It's good discussion, and nothing is set in stone. I've said it countless times over the years that I just want to be proven wrong. The first time was in PES 2020 actually when I was so surprised that they had finally fixed the DMF positioning. Let's hope they use resources to start from scratch and build the game the community deserves.

Have you heard of consoles?

25 is still pretty steep.
I mentioned PC as that's where I play, but there would probably even be option files available to update 2020 for the new season.

On console there's probably even less reason to buy it as you'll lose the San Siro with no way to mod it back in.

It's Konami so they are more likely to lose leagues than gain them.
Well they've already lost Milan and Inter. Which makes me beg the question of how much of this will be PES 2020? I'm on my fifth season Master League with Milan. It would be typical to not have San Siro anymore, but will the ML save even still be playable without any bugs? If they do add new licenses, how will it carry over in the update?

EDIT: Just checked the post above, brilliant news this:
*Our licensing agreement with both AC Milan and FC Internazionale Milano is set to expire, and these clubs will not appear in the eFootball PES 2021 Season Update.
This season, we encourage users to enjoy matches with MILANO RN and LOMBARDIA NA, two PES original clubs that feature players with real-names.

My point is, I need a lot of answers before I even consider buying the update. If it's a standalone, reskinned PES I probably won't bother. However if the update is simply like a grand datapack for my version of PES 2020, getting the update becomes much more attractive. I've spent hours upon hours editing 2020. Having to start all over again on what is the same game would be too much to ask. I don't care for myClub, but I suppose you could ask the same, how much will carry over?

It's Konami so they are more likely to lose leagues than gain them.
Νοt loosing(?) still , But for sure messing...

• *The leagues listed below will not be available in League Mode, Master League or Become a Legend at launch.
    Teams belonging to these leagues will be temporarily filed under the "Other (Europe)" category in-game. Once their officially licensed data is implemented via a free update, they will be moved to their appropriate categories.
    • Jupiler Pro League (Belgian League)
    • 3F Superliga (Danish League)

In terms of stadiums no new ones and we lose 4 stadiums (San siro-Giuseppe meazza, Palestra Italia, Fenerbache stadium and maracana)

IF you are interested in purchasing PES 2021... Load up PES 2020 then go down the menu, you will be able to get 20% off any club edition purchase. The discount is available only if you own PES 2020 and its just for the club editions. It works out £1 cheaper than the Standard Edition but with more content. (The discount link is not showing as of yet)

Back
Top Bottom