eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

In terms of stadiums no new ones and we lose 4 stadiums (San siro-Giuseppe meazza, Palestra Italia, Fenerbache stadium and maracana)
Τhat's 5 stadiums dude!!!! :P :D :):BOP:
Serious now. I see a big mess in database , the first days at least!

San Siro/Meazza lost

Milan and Inter without License

Serie A and B will be update on 22nd of October
And just to think people were excited last year about how they got the Serie A and B licenses...

So unfortunate that this is the reality. I'm sure EA already have a deal with both of them lined up.

£25 for a live season update? No gameplay updates, whoever buys this let me know, I have some hens teeth to sell you

I get you, but come to think of it... havent the last games been seasons updates ? or have you noticed some upgrade that warrants a full price? its the usual "here have usain bolt for 60$", or "now you can have maradona as a manager".

I think this 25 price would be aimed more at people who dont own '20. But yes if you own '20 just get a mod.

WOW! what a trailer, seems like they are making new master league manager models as well as new goal nets, adboards and kits, for a cheaper price too, Konami have been on top form these last weeks.
There are no new adboards in this trailer apart from the usual generic KONAMI circlejerk adboards which instantly get modded out of the game on PC anyway.

£25 for a live season update? No gameplay updates, whoever buys this let me know, I have some hens teeth to sell you
Reading how the teams database will be distributed and updated later*, at 22 October, reminds me pretty much the 2016 case. I said before, for joke, that this "Anniversary" label will be used to cover gaps, like in 2016, but now it starts to get serious.
So seriously my first though, after reading the notes as a customer, Milano NR and Lombardi WE (whatever) is that, it is more £25 for a live season Downgrade.

I get you, but come to think of it... havent the last games been seasons updates ? or have you noticed some upgrade that warrants a full price? its the usual "here have usain bolt for 60$", or "now you can have maradona as a manager".

I think this 25 price would be aimed more at people who dont own '20. But yes if you own '20 just get a mod.
I've found the outrage on the /r/WEPES subreddit pretty funny in this regard, I don't visit there often as it's 99% MyClub BS, but I thought I'd see their reaction to the news about the "season update".

They are so furious about paying to "reset their progress and lose their Legends" etc... I just read it thinking wtf, you have all willingly done this every year these modes have existed. You can find a bunch of posts/comments in the subreddit with these kinds of views and I find it pretty bizarre.

RRP is £25 according to Bhatti.

Not a chance I'd pay anywhere near that. Usually get the full version for £35 tops if you pre-order from the right place. Be interesting to see how much places list it for.
Well actually the last 2 years, The price on the full game drops significantly after a month or 2. PES 2020 was literally half price by Christmas & I picked up PC version in January for less than £10.

So if you have the patience you could probably save a lot of cash for the sake of a month or 2.

I'm well, thanks for asking, mate.

I understand it's not just about cosmetics, but even for the fact that the theme is "more", it still makes me cautious. To me, PES 20 doesn't even need that much more. It needs addressing the concept of simplicity and logic in gameplay and definitely some night lighting for the pitch. For 2022, If they start from scratch, they'll understand to do less at the start. This way they don't create iterations of PES that have tactics and attack/defense mentality as their base gameplay, which has plagued the series since 2016.

The hope is that PES 2022 is completely different from PES 2020. However, the reason for my caution, and maybe lack of optimism, is that this is the same group that collectively decided to shackle the free flowing gameplay that PES was previously known for by over-complicating simple elements. Instead, they used a formula of: Player stats/ratings > Player Styles > Player Positions > Attack/Defense animations > Tactics > Advanced Instructions. All these elements affected the end result of gameplay. If they bring that same template into the next iteration, then I do hope they find another way around it or somehow, like you said, increase calculations and processes. I'm just not sure a new engine could save us from that base layer that has hurt PES for a while.

You are right though, we only have 2 games to choose from. It's good discussion, and nothing is set in stone. I've said it countless times over the years that I just want to be proven wrong. The first time was in PES 2020 actually when I was so surprised that they had finally fixed the DMF positioning. Let's hope they use resources to start from scratch and build the game the community deserves.

Yeah!
On the tactics/strategy side of things, I don't think there'll be any big breakthroughs to be honest.
It's something that's been going on for the past 6 years. I would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt it's something they'll be focusing on right away.
Implementing a new engine is already hard enough, so I expect them to work on the basics first (graphics, key gameplay features and game modes) and then develop on the more in-depth aspects of football for future versions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, FIFA is encrypted right? I remember because I did some personal modding in FIFA19 and we had to insert some kind of code in the tool to make it work.

Yeah. Most of the files within the Frostbite environment are encrypted.

not really into programming but im hopeful they can somehow use their already existing assets. if not they will again neglect the gameplay and spend time building stadiums and creating faces for 6 years rather

Well yes. They can totally re-use the existing textures and structures (for example, I'm fairly sure that they could code a script to port the 3D Meshes in order to re-export them and make them compatible with Unreal Engine). But even if they re-use them, they could still encrypt the files, which would make our existing mods useless.
But it's all just speculation.

WOW! what a trailer, seems like they are making new master league manager models as well as new goal nets, adboards and kits, for a cheaper price too, Konami have been on top form these last weeks.
where do you see all of that?
giphy.gif

Did you read about new gameplay features?
"Outsmart the defence with 'Finesse Dribble', discover the expanded trapping mechanics that will vary depending on your players abilities and feel the context-sensitive kick accuracy. Each player’s individual playstyle will bring another layer of depth to your squad on the pitch. "

Did you read about new gameplay features?
"Outsmart the defence with 'Finesse Dribble', discover the expanded trapping mechanics that will vary depending on your players abilities and feel the context-sensitive kick accuracy. Each player’s individual playstyle will bring another layer of depth to your squad on the pitch. "

Thats all from last year.
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/gameplay
" New in PES 2020, Finesse Dribble is an advanced technique that will allow users that are adept at anticipating the movements of their opponents to snake between defenders with exceptional agility. "

" Trapping a football is something of an art, and just as no two artists would paint a portrait in the same way, each player has his own unique approach to taking command of the ball. "

" PES 2020 realizes this idea in-game by bringing an added level of realism to the pitch with enhanced context-sensitivity for kicking. "

I was actually quite looking forward to it, but I was at a minimum expecting a new league, some new ML feature, some stadia or some licences or... something

This feels really poor value, they’re removing content (stadia particularly) and adding nothing - the sales pitch seems purely invested in MyClub and these ‘moment’ things that I just have zero interest in and it doesn’t feel like there’s anything for an offline player to get excited about.

Even if they confirmed they’ll be adding a similar number of faces as this year or something I’d be happy to throw a few quid their way, but as it is - especially with how terrible their comms are, it feels like it will be a few years until I pay for a Konami product again.

How they can charge us 30 or 35 € for same game? No new interesting addons, really poor content, they just bring us 3 new faces managers, new ball, new adboards and a new celebration for griezmann and stop counting, even they lost 4 stadiums and licenses, I do not know what konami is thinking about his fan base, maybe they think we are stupid? This all comes because many people is not demanding with game itself and they do not care about content or fixing gameplay they will buy everyear pes because yes and people will spend money on myclub coins and konami will be happy one more year, no one should to buy pes 20.5 this year and show konami we are not stupid really is a shame a really good game destroyed by own developper company, if at least they fix IA, Gameplay and referee but I know they are not going to do it for sure, just another poor and dissapointed year then konami should ask itself why having a better game than fifa they always lose in terms of players and purchases

3 new master league models. Lampard,Pep and Giggs
New kits/boots
There will 100% be new gameplay changes, even if they haven't mentioned it.
Better Lighting
New turfs
New adboards
For only £25?
Please tell me you're joking :LMAO:
25 euros for the same game, with less stadiums and a couple of extra managers? They also mention (I think it was in the Steam page) that the game will have the original PES2020 gameplay. It's an absolute joke.

I think if PES 2020 itself was actually a good game that had been polished/optimised as much as it possibly could be on this generation, this kind of edition wouldn't be so disappointing. I won't go listing and detailing all of the faults in the game, but in my opinion and it seems the consensus on here/other places seems to be that gameplay-wise the current version of 2020 is one of the most boring/stale editions of the generation for various reasons.

I'd rather have 2019's gameplay in this than 2020's, I didn't play 2017 but that seems to be well received on here as well. If they used either of those as the gameplay base, or even the 2020 V1/demo gameplay, I could possibly be tempted into buying it for £10-15 or so to play that online for a year. The latest updated versions of 2020's gameplay? Not a chance. I haven't even played it for over half of it's current lifecycle.

PES 2008-2014 on PS2, though I didn't own them, look like "season update" editions of PES6 and I doubt there were too many complaints. People would probably still buy official updates for the new seasons with that gameplay if it was put on Steam or console digital stores cheaply.

Please tell me you're joking :LMAO:
25 euros for the same game, with less stadiums and a couple of extra managers? They also mention (I think it was in the Steam page) that the game will have the original PES2020 gameplay. It's an absolute joke.
The money for the 2021 update could be a cash grab but could also be going to the development of pes 2022 with the new engine.

How they can charge us 30 or 35 € for same game? No new interesting addons, really poor content, they just bring us 3 new faces managers, new ball, new adboards and a new celebration for griezmann and stop counting, even they lost 4 stadiums and licenses, I do not know what konami is thinking about his fan base, maybe they think we are stupid? This all comes because many people is not demanding with game itself and they do not care about content or fixing gameplay they will buy everyear pes because yes and people will spend money on myclub coins and konami will be happy one more year, no one should to buy pes 20.5 this year and show konami we are not stupid really is a shame a really good game destroyed by own developper company, if at least they fix IA, Gameplay and referee but I know they are not going to do it for sure, just another poor and dissapointed year then konami should ask itself why having a better game than fifa they always lose in terms of players and purchases
Basically they did the same, or worse with Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist: Link evolution back in March. It was same game with some additions and rules update, but it was FREE update for Switch and paid separate game for PS4/Xbox/PC Steam.
Strange enough, we were very very few the voices in the internet, that stated it is weird to pay full price, for the same game with some additions.

I want to believe that the PES devs would end PES on the Fox engine on a high note by at least fixing the gameplay and Ai flaws in the current game by the time PES2021 is released but I feel chances are slim to none that's going to happen. PES2020 has easily the worst gameplay of the franchise over the last 4-5 years, I just wish PES on current gen would end memorable and not forgettable.

I kept typing, deleting, typing, deleting..

I honestly dont know if there is any point of saying anything at this stage..
On one hand - its not a bad idea to focus on '22 and just have a small update in '21.

One the other hand - charging people 30quid for squad updates, some celebration and 3 utterly useless faces in their shambolic Master League, with less teams and stadiums?

Also - seeing them all coming out of the shadows, after ignoring people for six months, starting to hype this using their socks and shoes and hearing same old shite about how bright the future is, makes me wonder - am I too old for this, or is this bus being driven by few blokes with the mentality of 12 year olds..

I dont know..

Anyhow.. Best of luck, Konami..
Screenshot_20200717-085747_Twitter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom