eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Didn't pesmobile use unreal engine too ? i don't play it but i see some of pesmobile mods using cpk files too 🤔

Like it or not, IMO, this is the best decision they could offer.
I agree.
How many times did we ask them to stop releasing a yearly game because "clearly you can't do any good with a yearly schedule"?
Now let's see what they come up with with a 2-year development time.
It's their last chance most likely, but up till now they've taken the most sensible route.

It's a bit strange that we have an official announcement of PES 2022 but not of PES 2021 or whatever this 100 MB update will be.
It won't be an actual 100 MB update lol.
Microsoft store just puts this number as an example since they can't know how exactly big or small the update will be.

We're going to get NEW MENUS and an entirely new presentation I reckon.

I'm excited about this - I've moaned on here for too long saying this series this needed a break. The game is getting really stale and that's being kind.

I have tried to increase the frame rate of the trailer to check how 60fps will look like. Hope they can find the way to increase the frame rate earlier.

As @Chris Davies said somewhere, recently: PES does not deserve its fanbase. Imagine being so inept that you rely on the community to take a trailer to a decent standard.

A trailer that is bollocks, by the way. That anyone would be excited by it makes me despair.

All this talk about UE5.....it’s the management level for the developers that need a Shake up......we are surely not suggesting that the fox engine could not be programmed to stop players walking out of position, suddenly going AWOL, crap collisions, crap refereeing,crap switching......if the developers think that’s acceptable with Fox, then it will be a prettier UE5 with all the development problems seen over the past 6 years. I’m not excited for UE5, unless they come out and say this is what we can fix and do differently for gameplay with the new engine.....acknowledging the errors and concentrating on corrrcting them, is the only way to save this franchise.....more blades of grass, cloth physics, individual crowd faces, dynamic snowflake, better nets.....whatever, will not make a blind bit of difference.

As @Chris Davies said somewhere, recently: PES does not deserve its fanbase. Imagine being so inept that you rely on the community to take a trailer to a decent standard.

A trailer that is bollocks, by the way. That anyone would be excited by it makes me despair.
We always say it but Konami is a company so out of touch with it's fanbase it's quite incredible.

I thought things might improve when Adam Bhatti joined up with the team in Japan because he was an avid PES Master League player back in the day, I remember him from WENB.

But either they don't listen to his feedback OR he just doesn't approach them with our moans & grumbles. I'm not his biggest fan, however to be fair to him, it's probably difficult approaching your employer and saying "Oh by the way boss, the guys who buy the game think we're a big joke and that our menus look like something from a PS2 game. They also think we're stuck in the dark ages. Apart from that they love the series."

Seems like the gameplay, physics, AI etc are almost identical in those. The colours are more saturated in 2019 but that's about all I can see.

I'm thinking this is the kind of difference we should expect for PES 2022 rather than wholesale gameplay changes. Look how FIFA gameplay stayed so similar between Ignite and their "new engine" with Frostbite - if anything they made it worse, but it was the same formula, they didn't build the gameplay again from scratch. All it did was make the visuals a bit shinier.

We don't know that the switch to Unreal Engine will actually be anything like a fresh start or a leap forward in the most important aspects for PES (gameplay/AI) which seems to be what some people are getting optimistic about.

My first post in an absolute age.

I just can't get excited about the series any more and I think I'm old enough and wise enough to see past the BS that I've lapped up the past 5 or 6 years.

From the press release....

"to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price". So what, we're expected to be grateful that they aren't charging £40 for a season update? Unless there is a genuine discount for 'loyal fans' this is meaningless

"...and will also come with several bonuses." A few hundred points on Myclub no doubt? I think I've loaded up Myclub about 3 times since it was introduced!

I used to absolutely love getting the new PES and seeing the little extras - "oh my god you can see the referee's pencil!" Maybe that's just because I was a lot younger then but it is so disheartening now to load up a new PES and see everything the same. We've had the same commentary for what, 3 years?

I loaded up iss2 the other day on my raspberry pi. Sure, the graphics are crap and controls clunky, but the game still plays so well and you have to be intelligent. Even getting shots off is a challenge and scoring feels great because you have to work so hard to make space. In new PES games there is no excitement when you score or create chances. Far too easy to ping in a pile driver from 40 yards.

Too much pandering to the casual crowd for my liking!

So you can't believe what KONAMI says on THEIR website but yo believe a clickbait shit site like IGN? WOW! I'm sorry but this is nonsense!
Konami literally said it on their site the Season Update will be a DLC for money and to be honest the "Season Update" name alone speaks for it self.
Konami haven't mentioned the word "DLC" on their website at all.
It will be an independent game with a cheaper price and named "PES 2021 Season Update" just like what has been listed on Microsoft Store previously.

Last edited:
So you can't believe what KONAMI says on THEIR website but yo believe a clickbait shit site like IGN? WOW! I'm sorry but this is nonsense!
Konami literally said it on their site the Season Update will be a DLC for money and to be honest the "Season Update" name alone speaks for it self.
Chill your boots man, no need to get so uptight.

tumblr_prncs7whRX1yob0x9o9_500.gif

The files of a game that was made through Unreal Engine and released on the Epic Games store are very easily extractable and editable (the tools to do this already exist). So it should actually be pretty easy to extract most of the files and edit them.
Do you have a link for these tools?

If it is DLC, then don't buy it, it will very likely remove san siro stadium for you. 😁

C'mon at least Konami trying to be honest about that pes 2021 by calling it season update over pes 2020. So similar feel is expected.
And regarding the PES 2022, the initial message is that "hey people we are going to use new engine, expect changes on graphics,lighting and animation" nothing more nothing less.

Since the VAST majority plays online
source?

what are you expect them to be?
myClub shit and boot packs.

And what would be your idea of an offline bonus?

How about a bonus that would benefit all users, such as fixing the most obviously broken elements of the game, such as the refereeing and AI awareness issues that are probably the worst they've ever been in the 25 year history of this product. It was fine a couple of years ago.

If its PES2020 with new kits, rosters and less stadiums why anyone should buy it? I mean why even those who play MyClub?
Imagine the flip that it turns out 2021 will have the best gameplay out of sudden after PES6.
Haha, I'm more curios about the support it will get. If PES 20's patching cycle ends and they're now busy with working on the new engine, what kind of patches will PES 21 get? Monthly Data Packs that will add 3 new boots and a couple of faces?

I am moderately excited about PES 2022 - I can't lie.
It's what I've been asking for since towards the end of PES 2018.
Some of us wanted both companies to take a break from their yearly release cycle and use that extra time to develop better football games, with more depth, better AI, better graphics, etc because we felt the rush to make the deadlines was hurting the final products. One of those companies is finally doing it.

I haven't touched PES 2020 in many months now and will certainly be skipping PES 2021 altogether, but I cannot see KONAMI failing with 2022.

Some keep bringing the PES 2014 debacle. Yet, not long ago, a new PES 2014 thread was started and many people were praising it. Personally, I hated that game with a passion. But you cannot compare PES 2014 with what's going on now.

Konami didn't take a year off from PES 2013 to 2014 to develop a bug-less game. Most of us felt that PES 2014 was a step in the right direction but they rushed it. Had they taken an extra year to work on it, it would have been a much, much better game.

Obviously, we are all skeptical now. Because... it's still Konami.
But I have faith that they have been working on it for some time now, and the whole COVID19 situation may have made things harder and slower for the team, so I think it's safe to assume that, even if PES 2022 is already 'a thing', they're probably already behind schedule. But this is just an educated guess.

I believe PES 2022 will be the best start of a new generation from Konami ever.
They screwed up with PES 2008. They screwed up with PES 2014. PES 2018 wasn't that bad.

It'll be a long, long year though.

I'd also like to add that the new quasi-sortof-almost teaser doesn't tell us anything. It's all CGI for shock-value.

Don't be despaired mate lol.It's not worth it.Also i'm not sure that we can call this a trailer.More of a snippet probably.
Well,for the actual 5-10 seconds that this ''trailer'' shows something worth of commenting,the whole Messi thing i mean,at least you can see some nice things if you pay attention and look close.

His legs physique and shape look more realistic and this indicates that we will probably have very good player models.The Barca shirt and the badge when it zooms in looks outstanding,you couldn't tell if this is a real photo or not.Some nice kit physics can be also seen on the shorts when he moves his legs a bit.The kit physics and especially the shorts have been shit for years and looked like they were made out of cement so this is a big improvement in that aspect.
Also his face and overall graphics look amazing and i'm only watching this on my 10 year old Sony Bravia with 1360x768 resolution lol.Even the facial animations look like they're gonna be much improved,if you pay attention he tries to give a cheeky smile on his last frame and it looks very natural,not like the fish mouths that we had until now.And all these just from a 5-10 second snippet..Oh and the grass and boots also looks great.

And besides of all that,people are just excited that we're finally getting a strong really next gen engine after all this time..No need to feel despair about it lol.

PES 2021 will be a standalone release. The name 'Season Update' is because PES 2021 is using PES 2020's Gameplay as a base.

A couple of examples I can give to you is the Milan Licences via the Konami website for each team. The following says '' The representation of the Club will not be affected in eFootball PES 2020''. But the license is lost for the next installment. Indicating PES 2020 will not be updated to remove the teams due to the loss of a license.

Microsoft listed PES 2021 as a new game. Not an Add-On or DLC and the description doesn't mention needing PES 2020 to play PES 2021.

The Konami website describes the game as a Launch, not an update. - ''This year also marks a quarter of a century since the very first PES title was released. To commemorate this important milestone, and more importantly, to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses''.

Back
Top Bottom