eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

No words on AI. And we already read plenty of vague promises on Master League in the past years.

Only thing I believe them is on graphics, visuals and so on, they'll probably make a big jump. For the rest, exactly zero hype.

What do you think about this tweet from adam bhatti? Are they really taking an extra time for developing this pes hearing community? I highly doubt about it

The decaying corpse of Fox Engine finally put out of it's misery, now all someone needs to do is bludgeon Frostbite to death!

A generation of mediocre PES games with the same old flaws continually dragged forward in each new version, a fresh start brings only hope... but that's better than nothing!

To be fair he was fairly right, pes has given some moments of magic at times
I love the game in terms of gameplay (I know there's a lot of complains though), but the offline gamemodes have been awful. Cutscenes repeat themselves and have no influence at all, BAL is just abandoned, and I can't believe we still have the same regen system in 2020.

Also what will happen with future of modding? What guys are getting with mods is just incredible but I do not know what will happen with those in a new graphic engine, probably they will stop to work and they will need to make it from scratch again, but would be easily or more difficult? would need a new programm to edit instead of blender? A lot of questions in the air

Like i said, AI is something that is not related to Unreal Engine or a specific engine. The switch to Unreal Engine won't authomatically give us a better AI. When they showed the UE5 demo they never talked about AI, but only animations, graphics, lighting, physics.

I would really expect a HUGE leap forward in AI department considering these new console CPUs are beastly, but i wouldn't bet on it.

I know. Konami say "....an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. ", which will lead some to hype up the prospect of completely new gameplay. Then they basically just list things which essentially all mean better visuals and in fact all they might be doing is porting over the existing AI and making it look pretty.

So we can expect to see Lionel Messi's balls twitching under his shorts whilst he stands and watches the ball roll past him.

Also what will happen with future of modding? What guys are getting with mods is just incredible but I do not know what will happen with those in a new graphic engine, probably they will stop to work and they will need to make it from scratch again, but would be easily or more difficult? would need a new programm to edit instead of blender? A lot of questions in the air
Yup, we know nothing in that matter. Depends if they still follow the cpk and dds structure (in terms of graphics), but the process of importing models to the game will probably be different. I find it exciting, we will have a powerful engine in our hands for better mods :)

I guess the game (PES 2022) will be using UE5 and UE4. I believe most of the UE5 tools will not be ready at the first year after the game is released and most of the non-tool-making or hex-editing modders may be forced to take a rest.

Glorious 5 FPS when Messi walks out!

Next year will be make-or-break, I guess.
Hahaha, my exact first thought. If they can't even get to 30fps for a single player, in an empty void, for a sizzle trailer... PES 2022 will be launching like PES 2014 (that was 10fps-15fps in cutscenes on PS3). Seriously. I'd bet money on it.

Hopefully, the team that is working on PES on mobile (which is Unreal) can help.

And also, I still think it's a brave decision, and the best decision for the long-term fans. It may even be PES 2023 before they get it close to feeling right... Which is a scary thought. But if they'd stuck with the old engine then it would be even longer.

Is a new engine confirmed? Upon reading that, I noticed this wording;

"This title is being developed with an updated engine"

Updated New/different.

Otherwise it's PR spiel of the same things we already knew - potentially good news, but I have no reason to believe they will deliver after the last few years. They will have to prove it was worth it this time next year.

Edit - I didn't notice the video at the bottom.

I think this Messi here is definitely Unreal Engine Messi

Not going to buy the Season update unless it has a really low price, no more than 15-20€.
So 2021 UPDATE will be sold as a separate game, full priced, legacy edition?

Updated New/different.

Otherwise it's PR spiel of the same things we already knew - potentially good news, but I have no reason to believe they will deliver after the last few years. They will have to prove it was worth it this time next year.
"Unreal Engine" is displayed in the teaser, so it will be a new engine for PES series (excluding the mobile version)

"Unreal Engine" is displayed in the teaser, so it will be a new engine for PES series (excluding the mobile version)
Thanks, I completely missed the video :DOH:.

Hopefully they actually start from scratch with the gameplay instead of porting it over to the new engine. Wouldn't surprise me if the changes were only visual...

So 2021 UPDATE will be sold as a separate game, full priced, legacy edition?
"As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update"."
They also say "to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses."

So it seems like it will be an affordable update.

"we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses."

So it seems like it will be an affordable update.

What's the betting "several bonuses" = myClub shit and boot packs.

Also, this means PES 2022 is going to be in the Epic Store.
Not a requirement.

Updated New/different.

Edit - I didn't notice the video at the bottom.
As in updated to """next-gen""" standards :D

A lot of hype for pes 22 thats true but 0 hype for pes 21 too... also considering to play in own football stadiums is a really huge advance of pes modding and if this is impossible in pes 22 for what we want incredible graphics if we are gonna to play with small teams in konami stadium... there are advanteges and disadvanteges in general terms

Back
Top Bottom