eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

That is a really lame way to celebrate 25 years of PES. F***ing Konami... They never miss a chance to score an own goal.
I just hope this "25 years celebration" will not be the central plot of the next game/update. I can't stand another PES2016, where the rush to celebrate the "20 years anniversary" as the central idea and nothing else matters, brought us a half-arsed game, that demanded us to wait 2 months in order to be fixed, in gameplay and rosters.

*Just in time of the 2016 "20 years aniversary" madness , i found this respective thread by @Chris Davies , since 3 December 2015.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/do-you-still-play-pes-2016.76042/

Since we are still based on classifications and placeholders in e-stores, butt no official statement yet, a new theory appeared

Since we are still based on classifications and placeholders in e-stores, butt no official statement yet, a new theory appeared

Or just release the season update DLC and 2020 gameplay as PES2021 on full price.

2b697df80f3f661fd86613b2d7eafa4b.gif

Or just release the season update DLC and 2020 gameplay as PES2021 on full price.

2b697df80f3f661fd86613b2d7eafa4b.gif
Μy personal belief since the beginning was that we would eitherway had a Legacy Edition for PS4, nomatter the label, update, season dlc, legacy edition, PES2021.
And CoVID for me was just the excuse.

The main reason I believe was the timing of release date of ps5 that messed their plans. For their logic, it was too late to promote a new release, but it was too soon in order to give up on anything.

Last edited:
Is it even possible to cancel a rating after you submitted it?

Anyway, consider this. Even if they changed plans and decided to release a "new" game, it will be a season update masked as new game.

Too much silence from konami, now they have ordered classification games websites deletes his contents like microsoft store, this is a really joking company I think even they as company do not know what they are going to do but when there are too much silence is not a good sign, or they have nothing at moment or they have a great bomb

The listing is still there. The website is undergoing maintenance so maybe there was an issue. https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/efootball-pes-2021-season-update

My opinion on the leak is that game leaks are inevitable, but with a leak like this using the same base as 2020 maybe they wanted to test the waters and find out our initial reaction to get the community talking? I mean if they wanted us not to know, they could have requested this to be removed straight away. The leak was up on the store long enough to generate a reaction, and now it's gone. And now we're waiting for an official announcement after knowing what we have seen.

The listing is still there. The website is undergoing maintenance so maybe there was an issue. https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/efootball-pes-2021-season-update

My opinion on the leak is that game leaks are inevitable, but with a leak like this using the same base as 2020 maybe they wanted to test the waters and find out our initial reaction to get the community talking? I mean if they wanted us not to know, they could have requested this to be removed straight away. The leak was up on the store long enough to generate a reaction, and now it's gone. And now we're waiting for an official announcement after knowing what we have seen.
Ιf i am not wrong, you are THIS Camaldinho?:GSCARF: So you are the champion here in "leaked" information, and your sources must be the most reliable. I mean since the channel is yours, just by checking it , it seems you have the best sources and accurate info until now.

P.S.1: We share the same vision about PES on Switch
P.S.2: Try to keep us informed mate! :)

Ιf i am not wrong, you are THIS Camaldinho?:GSCARF: So you are the champion here in "leaked" information, and your sources must be the most reliable. I mean since the channel is yours, just by checking it , it seems you have the best sources and accurate info until now.

P.S.1: We share the same vision about PES on Switch
P.S.2: Try to keep us informed mate! :)
Yes mate, it's me lol

I wouldn't say I'm a champion at leaks because everything I talk about is public information whether if it was intended to be out there or not. So if it's there to talk about I will. But what I will say is that before I even think about covering topics I have to check the legitimacy of the source. The Aussie game classification thing was weird when it first came to light, but it's a government website for game classification so it was relevant to talk about it whether it came true or not. As for my sources, I'm a one-man-band lol. The videos I do on my channel (PES News) are all about things I have stumbled upon or what other people have stumbled upon. If the information that others have found that has any legitimacy to it, I will report on it whilst crediting the person who found it. Because it's not all about me, it's about the community.

And I will keep you informed mate, to the best of my abilities

Yes mate, it's me lol

I wouldn't say I'm a champion at leaks because everything I talk about is public information whether if it was intended to be out there or not. So if it's there to talk about I will. But what I will say is that before I even think about covering topics I have to check the legitimacy of the source. The Aussie game classification thing was weird when it first came to light, but it's a government website for game classification so it was relevant to talk about it whether it came true or not. As for my sources, I'm a one-man-band lol. The videos I do on my channel (PES News) are all about things I have stumbled upon or what other people have stumbled upon. If the information that others have found that has any legitimacy to it, I will report on it whilst crediting the person who found it. Because it's not all about me, it's about the community.

And I will keep you informed mate, to the best of my abilities
Yeah, i mean i saw two times first-postings about classification and about the Microsoft store and both times the user posted it, was from your Youtube channel. Keep it up.

I really hope your video about the PES on Switch, most hopefully occuping the PES mobile Unreal Engine gameplay, so we can also check the Unreal Engine in action, gets some attention from KONAMI, and becomes real. :)

Yeah, i mean i saw two times first-postings about classification and about the Microsoft store and both times the user posted it, was from your Youtube channel. Keep it up.

I really hope your video about the PES on Switch, most hopefully occuping the PES mobile Unreal Engine gameplay, so we can also check the Unreal Engine in action, gets some attention from KONAMI, and becomes real. :)
Thankyou mate, your feedback means a lot. I'm glad you tune in mate.

And as for PES on the Switch, even if it was a low res port I'd love to have PES on the go (Not including PES mobile lmao)

Announcement by KONAMI/officialpes/pesproductions?
Announcement today 👀

If we are following schedule in my opinion any info should come after the finals of their esport competition, not to draw any attention.
Since Konami doesnt have the CL license we dont have to take that into account for this schedule anymore.

Starting on July 18th, the eFootball.Pro Cup broadcast schedule is as follows:

• Group Stage - Day 1: July 18th

• Group Stage - Day 2: July 24th

• Knockout Stage (Semi-Finals & Finals): July 31st
https://efootballpro.konami.net/news/detail/konami-announces-efootballpro-cup/

However, the sheer scale of everything we are aiming to achieve for our next-gen debut has made it necessary to pare back our efforts in other areas of development. As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update". That being said, we are still extremely confident that this year's game offers fans more than enough thrills to tide them over until our next-gen title is ready for launch.

As the industry stands at the precipice of an exciting new generation of consoles, we believe that now is the perfect time to share some of our plans for the future of the PES franchise with you.

To that end, we are excited to announce that we are hard at work on a next-generation football title that aims to truly embody our core concept of "The Pitch is Ours".

This title is being developed with an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. Expect more realistic player models and animations, enhanced physics, photorealistic visuals, and much much more.

We recognize that many of you are enthusiastic for new myClub and Master League content, and we are also excited to share that large updates are in the works for both of these modes.

However, the sheer scale of everything we are aiming to achieve for our next-gen debut has made it necessary to pare back our efforts in other areas of development. As a result, we have made the decision to launch this year's PES as a streamlined offering in the form of a "season update". That being said, we are still extremely confident that this year's game offers fans more than enough thrills to tide them over until our next-gen title is ready for launch.

This year also marks a quarter of a century since the very first PES title was released. To commemorate this important milestone, and more importantly, to show our gratitude to you, our loyal fans, we are pleased to announce that this year's PES will launch at an affordable anniversary price and will also come with several bonuses.

Currently, we aim to begin testing of our next-gen title sometime in mid-2021, with an estimated release date later in the same year.

Until that time, we hope to see you back on the pitch in this year's season update.

Look forward to more news regarding our next-gen project closer to release.

The PES Development Team
PR talk aside, I am cautiously optimistic.

This is their last chance, but really now last last last chance. If a truly massive update isn't done to master league, edit mode, database(ML regens, infinite space for teams, stadiums), they've wasted a year.

As for ePES 2021 season update, i'm guessing it will be 20 or 30 euros for owners of ePES2020, or full price if you dont own 2020 already. Curious to see how it will look like though, i'm guessing they will lose some licences but gain some other lol.

I am quite pleased with this, if there's the one big issue that has probably always set Konami back, it was the transition to a new gen console. Pes 2008 and 2014 felt like unfinished games with so very little content and bugs, id even say it felt more like ports from the previous console rather than a fresh brand new game. At least with this it gives them a full year to dedicate putting full effort into a new series on a new engine.

This is good news.

For me its only a good news if they start with a clean slate gameplay and tactical wise. Have a much more barebone tactic system like PES6. Have solid balanced gameplay without bugs, with referee, with fouls, with no overpowered shots, freekicks, keepers. Have realistic AI, make Messi dribble at me ffs. Have realistic AI tactical system, make the AI sub a DF for a CF if its needed(havent seen that for 20 years). Remove the regens in ML. And i really hope all their models, assets will work on UE and so they dont have to redo everything.

Problem is by making the game on UE this time doesnt guarantee anything from above.

Its not the engine, its the developers and the management and the audiance they intend to target. There could have been an amazing PES on Fox too they just decided not to do it.
Partially agree, I mean I don't think they really haven't met any difficulties in FOX at all. But yes, clearly the focus has shifted the past 4-5 years.
I'm just hoping that them taking their time with the new engine and avoid the disasters that 2008 and 2014 were. They have no excuse now to NOT make ML a richer experience for instance. Truly their last chance.

Partially agree, I mean I don't think they really haven't met any difficulties in FOX at all. But yes, clearly the focus has shifted the past 4-5 years.
I'm just hoping that them taking their time with the new engine and avoid the disasters that 2008 and 2014 were. They have no excuse now to NOT make ML a richer experience for instance. Truly their last chance.
"...well this is only one year of a three year development cycle" we will hear :D

Back
Top Bottom