eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Agreed. AI is just a middle man they'll cut out. Think of the basics they've struggled to get right in the past few years (I can only speak for them as it's when I returned to PES), what makes a major overhaul conceivable in two? Even though it's not a new game, they'll still have to tend to PES 2021 over that time as well. And if they're currently struggling to piss with the cock they've got, what makes a new engine a silver bullet? Meh. I'm not going to lose any sleep or my shit over it now, will twiddle my thumbs and watch it all unfold!

Personally i think konami want into the right direction but they (really really) bad execution of it. What i meant last year they opened pesdevelopment facebook to gained more feedback, they knew something wrong with the game but now the page is dead, totally dead.

They promoted "MASTER LEAGUE REMASTERED" have dedicated page for it, even a trailer ! In the end i found it's ironic because the last datapack 8 which supposed to be "THE LAST ONE" cause problem in ML lol.

As someone who doesn’t buy PES each year anyway, I’m all up for this.

We’ve got modders making superb content for PES20 and a game update would just mean a lot of their work would stop being used - I’m grateful to everything those guys are doing and really looking forward to the focus being on this game for another year: I can still use Gavi, Arthur Torres’ and others’ amazing stadia, @barcerojas and many others’ superb faces and many other amazing community improvements.

All this ‘imagine if they shut down modding/online’ stuff has no merit, there’s no real precedence for the Covid situation and it makes perfect sense that they won’t have a new engine ready so are just realising an optional DLC to tie people over - remember PC and people using mods are a tiny fraction of the audience so this lets everyone else pay a few bucks for continued updates squads and leagues for a year. At least they’re not pretending it’s anything other than what it is.

I hope to hear something about DP support for the next year, because if they add the same number of faces in 2021, add a few stadia and keep tweaking the gameplay (that I enjoy on the whole) then I’m onboard.

PES 2020 could be one of the best ever... This year we have plenty of mods...more stadiums, faces, scoreboards, etc. Sadly the big core of it ( gameplay ) really bad.
As always I said community can not do more while konami is developing core of game

I don't know or care how MyClub works, but charging for the update does seem a little strange if that's going to prevent people paying for microtransactions unless they have the update. Surely it would make more sense for the main update to be free if that were the case?

Well there goes my hopes for a proper Youth Scouting add-on and better transfer market

Reactions: mjp
What I don't understand is: what is the reason behind this?
Ok, Covid. But why/how?

FIFA and Football Manager look like they will get out as usual, so why no PES also? I can't see how Konami was affected that much, when, if you look at some stats, the gaming area got a lot of income during lockdowns.

What I don't understand is: what is the reason behind this?
Ok, Covid. But why/how?

FIFA and Football Manager look like they will get out as usual, so why no PES also? I can't see how Konami was affected that much, when, if you look at some stats, the gaming area got a lot of income during lockdowns.
I think it comes down to finances and being able to have enough time to adjust to a new engine on new hardware. EA have a larger team with a bigger budget which makes it easier for them as for FM it isnt really a game that needs to adjust to any new tech. It is just loads and loads of data and the graphics you see in the game are always gonna be crappy.

I think it comes down to finances and being able to have enough time to adjust to a new engine on new hardware. EA have a larger team with a bigger budget which makes it easier for them as for FM it isnt really a game that needs to adjust to any new tech. It is just loads and loads of data and the graphics you see in the game are always gonna be crappy.
Konami's annual revenue is in the billions, they make hundreds of millions in profit each year. I don't buy the excuse that their finances are the reason PES can't be funded well enough to release on a new generation.

If they have underfunded the PES team, this is a conscious decision they have made, not one forced upon them by their financial position. They could invest much more in the series if they wanted to.

Financial info from Konami's official website;
https://www.konami.com/ir/en/financialinfo/sales.html

Last edited:
Konami's annual revenue is in the billions, they make hundreds of millions in profit each year. I don't buy the excuse that their finances are the reason PES can't be funded well enough to release on a new generation.

If they have underfunded the PES team, this is a conscious decision they have made, not one forced upon them by their financial position. They could invest much more in the series if they wanted to.

Financial info from their Konami's official website;
https://www.konami.com/ir/en/financialinfo/sales.html
Oh I know they have money out the ass mate, I just know they don't invest into PES as much as they could/should which is a shame considering how much money they must have wasted on that terrible games like MGS: Survive

I knew there were rumors of this happening, but somehow held out hope for something immediately new from the incredibly poor PES 2020. Sure, it's great that they take a year off..yada...yada...it just means I don't play a new PES for another year. That's quite sad.

Also, not taking anything away from gameplay editors for the PC version, but if you can't edit out the fact that the base of modern PES is Tactics first, player ratings second - then is there really any point?

This is an unpopular opinion probably, perhaps they have nothing big nothing new to showcase nothing groundbreaking that's plenty to call it a new Game, so they release it like this, a season update, then i guess I'm still okay with it, rather than they just go out and says "Master League remastered re-remastered!" "Amazing Godly Gameplay, the pitch is ours!" blah blah but the truth it's just the same game as last year with refreshed Color theme, of course i prefer this Season Update if that's the case, but even if there's some new features, i don't think it's anything that makes you "wow". I know this decision from Konami are probably a disappointment for alot of people, but if this means for a better PES, PES 2022, then i guess I'm up for it, for now i think I'll just continue to play FM since PES 2020 gameplay is unbearable and dull for me xD. But still, they can't just go out and give the consumers an updated squad kits etc only, atleast they must still fixes the gameplay, they're big enough experienced enough company in this genre, they must've capable of fixing the gameplay, making the gameplay alot more fun alot more realism into it.

Who is to say that?!
I could see animations and gfx being top notch like in that betting game...
10 bucks on FM 2024 looking incredible when watching the match! :D

So KONAMI are the poor and honest, EA are the spoiled rich kids and SI are just some half-assed data collectors?
That's the conclusion?

This is an unpopular opinion probably, perhaps they have nothing big nothing new to showcase nothing groundbreaking that's plenty to call it a new Game, so they release it like this, a season update, then i guess I'm still okay with it, rather than they just go out and says "Master League remastered re-remastered!" "Amazing Godly Gameplay, the pitch is ours!" blah blah but the truth it's just the same game as last year with refreshed Color theme, of course i prefer this Season Update if that's the case, but even if there's some new features, i don't think it's anything that makes you "wow". I know this decision from Konami are probably a disappointment for alot of people, but if this means for a better PES, PES 2022, then i guess I'm up for it, for now i think I'll just continue to play FM since PES 2020 gameplay is unbearable and dull for me xD. But still, they can't just go out and give the consumers an updated squad kits etc only, atleast they must still fixes the gameplay, they're big enough experienced enough company in this genre, they must've capable of fixing the gameplay, making the gameplay alot more fun alot more realism into it.
Why you are so confident about a great pes 2022? I dont see it clear and first year of a supposed change engine would be not the best

I don't want to think that Konami releases a "simple" cosmetic update (that however we just have). Someone said 2022 is konami's last chance but there will be not any chance if they go on this way. Their last chance is 2021, IMO, if they loose this chance there'll be not a new one. Konami has everything,, gameplay wise, to give us a good soccer simularion is not acceptable that modders community works for them. Hope they are not so blind to realize an update that cannot implement all mods that we have, I hope just they give us the right gameplay, our genius modders just done all the other.

I don't want to think that Konami releases a "simple" cosmetic update (that however we just have). Someone said 2022 is konami's last chance but there will be not any chance if they go on this way. Their last chance is 2021, IMO, if they loose this chance there'll be not a new one. Konami has everything,, gameplay wise, to give us a good soccer simularion is not acceptable that modders community works for them. Hope they are not so blind to realize an update that cannot implement all mods that we have, I hope just they give us the right gameplay, our genius modders just done all the other.

The problem is they can neglect 2021 to be honest since i believe even the fans who distanced themself from PES in the past 7 years, even them will come around and check out 2022 because its next gen. Then probably it wont be perfect by far but the company says wait its a three year cycle so please stick around everyone will do so and the vicious cycle continues.

So what are the betting chances for pricing?
my guess if you own ‘20, the upgrade will be 5$ like the world cup add-in they did i think in ‘14 for updated kits. i have a glimmer of hope they change the AI somehow (stupid me)

if you dont own 20 well full price.

So what are the betting chances for pricing?
my guess if you own ‘20, the upgrade will be 5$ like the world cup add-in they did i think in ‘14 for updated kits. i have a glimmer of hope they change the AI somehow (stupid me)

if you dont own 20 well full price.
Microsoft Store says "Celebrate 25 years of PES with the eFootball PES 2021 Season Update* - available at a special anniversary price!"
So i think its 25€. But that would be insane.

Microsoft Store says "Celebrate 25 years of PES with the eFootball PES 2021 Season Update* - available at a special anniversary price!"
So i think its 25€. But that would be insane.
That is a really lame way to celebrate 25 years of PES. F***ing Konami... They never miss a chance to score an own goal.

My take is that, because of the pandemic, the development took a massive hit so they decided to try out this update scheme and see how the market will react to it. I

I DO NOT think they are working on something massive for 2022. Thats too much hope and trust put on konami. If it is true, then ill be thoroughly surprised.

If this 'award winning gameplay' line is legitimate then this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for 2022...

Btw i think that refers to always the best sports game of gamescom every year. Where the competitiors are Fifa and PES and...perhaps some indie sports games? Maybe but i dont think so. Anyhow its not a huge achievement lets be honest. On top im pretty sure NBA2K is not on gamescom then right? Because its bollocks that not NBA wins all the time, thats the most complete sports title online/offline nowdays.

Btw i think that refers to always the best sports game of gamescom every year. Where the competitiors are Fifa and PES and...perhaps some indie sports games? Maybe but i dont think so. Anyhow its not a huge achievement lets be honest. On top im pretty sure NBA2K is not on gamescom then right? Because its bollocks that not NBA wins all the time, thats the most complete sports title online/offline nowdays.
They didn't even win that Gamescom award last year:

I think u guys should watch Camaldinho's new Video. He explains very well why Pes 2021 Season Update will be a new game and not a dlc for Pes 2020. It will use an Update Version of Pes 2020 Gameplay but will be a Standalone Game. Mircosoft lists this Season Update as a new game. Inter, AC Milan and Mallorcas Licenses won't be removed from Pes 2020 while they aren't going to be in Pes 2021. There's a Myclub bonus for playing Pes 2020 for the next game and Myclub starting from scratch. We should wait for an official info from Konami.

Last edited:
If they implement some of the promised changes into the master league for this update then I'll probably try it. If not I'm out until 2022. Hardly played 2020. Stopped playing it I think last Nov-Dec. Installed it a few weeks ago played a game now and again and was enjoying it. Then it just started playing crap again. Was going to try this that and the other, probably waste a day or two on it but made the smart decision and uninstalled. Will always try PES but wont waste anymore time on it

Back
Top Bottom