eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

At least, if they have sense of humor, they must bring a Season Update on 15 September with outdated Rosters, and then update them through a Live update and a DataPack.. :) :D

Your wish is their command - the first paragraph on the Microsoft page reads:
"Please note that the latest data for certain licensed leagues and teams will only be available via an update post-release."​

It also reads:
"Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, certain real-world football leagues and/or tournaments may undergo sudden regulation changes. As a result, there is a chance that in-game regulations may not perfectly match their real life counterparts. "​
So when your players are blatantly hacked down, no free-kick will be awarded due to covid19.

So it seems true then ?

It is true. It could still be good if they focused on improving gameplay with a sort of mega patch, but i don't see any mention of it. We are accepting this, but that is the nearest Pes has been to be cancelled, that's a terrible sign.

But don't worry, when you see the future of Pes you will be shocked, like Adam Bhatti said few years ago.
Yeah, i'm definitely shocked how could they do even worse than the Ps3 generation.

Well, i really think that PES going into Microsoft's hands is not a bad thing.
I mean, come on, Konami doesn't even care about this game, or any other game.
At least we should wait and see, 2022 is definitely last chance for this game.

So for PC users - of no gameplay fixes - there will be zero point in buying as we can correct transfers, kits, faces etc .

Am I thinking current here?

Why would we pay for an update we can do ourselves?
PS4 players can also do self-updates. Roster wise and on the unlisenced teams.

LOL so essentially they are charging us for a Live Update, which will also reset our myclub roster and progress? Why not charge us for a poisoned sandwich or a broken condom? Why would anyone PAY to have his legends, IM players and progress wiped, only to start over in the SAME GAME?

I am feeling really sad, I have always loved PES saga but what are they doing? They are killing game itself, no new mods? no new gameplay? no new master league (end of a 3 years project)? no fix errors? no improve of IA? no new edition mode? Just kits and updates rosters? Really really sad thanks konami for another empty year

I understand if they had some setbacks due to the Covid19 outbreak and even more if they want to focus on the next gen version. But in that case, either just let 2020 continue until next gen comes out, or release the season update, but let us keep our legends and IM players. Then I would gladly pay for it. But now its like shooting myself on the foot. Pay to have my expensive as hell squad wiped. Yeah, no thanks.

You were charged full price for the same game every year and the privilege of starting from the scratch anyway. New gameplay is a bunch of guys in a room twisting some knobs deciding what the exploits will be for the year and how the AI will score ("it's been 4 years since every goal was a through ball and a low shot in the far corner, let's go back to that!") while another bunch of dudes in a different room paints stuff a different colour and updates the rosters. It's just the same thing without the guys randomly screwing up gameplay while drunk. And I could be talking about both football games.

Lol. is it just me that have gained huge respect for konami, they could of added a few features and call it pes 2021 next gen and charge 60 quid, but instead they actually focus on making a huge next gen game?

Celebrate 25 years of PES with the eFootball PES 2021 Season Update* - available at a special anniversary price!

62d636_2572cf0cb51b419eb4a34c6d5baea98b~mv2.gif

By the way why dont they make an official statement? They conditioned people for 25 years that we get a game every year, now appearantly 2 months before the release costumers will find out like this and Konami will be shocked that people are upset. Where the transparency gone we had in the past two years?

"Dear customers, while we highly appreaciate your ongoing support through out the past years but due to COVID 19...." Would be so hard?

Last edited:
Lol. is it just me that have gained huge respect for konami, they could of added a few features and call it pes 2021 next gen and charge 60 quid, but instead they actually focus on making a huge next gen game?

I fully expect 22 to be what you described. A few added features hyped as a big next gen thing, a year after next gen was a thing.

First I thought that this wouldn't be such a bad idea. However now I think back of how PES made the last titles on PS2 and I'm afraid that they will simply shift their focus away from current gen. I fear that this base game we have now is what it'll be for the next few years up until the moment where they stop making PS4 titles. Just a few graphical updates but no more drastic changes to gameplay or game modes. Master League for example will probably be the same with some new graphics and cutscenes at the most. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Agree in that they can have more focus time to best utilize what NG console system provides for them, PC gpu and other system equivalent to NG system.

It actually saves me to some point purchasing NG console as an early adopter, lol. Hopefully more affordable pc component at future time, since PES at its best is on PC, especially modding capability.

I can wait. :CRY:

Why, They could of been like EA and made a couple graphical updates and called it, "new-gen" instead they will put fans over profit and make a revolutionary game for next year? I dont see how anyone can be angry at this
Because putting the fans over profit is just an excuse. The truth behind the scenes, is that they just wanted to find a way to make people spend money on coins for another year in MyClub. It is not Ad hoc the UPDATE case the problem. It is everything else around and behind it.

As for PES 2022 i can't say if it will be revolutionary , just by now.

PROFIT >>>>> fans

It is a business model, i can't accuse them fro their strategy, but i still can criticise them.

Approximate size
100.84 MB

Thats just kits and the edit file "available at a special anniversary price"
They can't know the size yet, surely - I was thinking that was a placeholder, rather than official.

Because putting the fans over profit is just an excuse. The truth behind the scenes, is that they just wanted to find a way to make people spend money on coins for another year in MyClub.
Got to say, I disagree with you on this one - if it was profit before fans, they'd be claiming it was a whole new game, and the PS5 etc. version would be a bad port. (Given the time being spent on it, you've got to think 2022 won't be that.)

They're being UPFRONT about it being a "legacy edition" by calling it "Season Update", which isn't something the other game does (if you're the Average Joe, you assume some of FIFA's legacy editions are brand new games).

PES has had the same core for far too long. This is a really brave decision, IMO. Whether it will be wise (or even worth it) remains to be seen, but IMO the above things are, if not FOR the fans, they're good news for the fans - and good on them for doing this.

I don't like 2020, and I won't like 2021 - but I might like 2022.

Which is better than PES being the same for the next ten years...

ALSO WHAT'S IMPRESIVE:

"Please note that the latest data for certain licensed leagues and teams will only be available via an update post-release "!!!!!!!!!
This bit did surprise me, practically admitting they don't have the resources to actually update the rosters - the entire point of this purchase - until the actual game (or add-on) itself has been released...

Last edited:
They can't know the size yet, surely - I was thinking that was a placeholder, rather than official.

Got to say, I disagree with you on this one - if it was profit before fans, they'd be claiming it was a whole new game, and the PS5 etc. version would be a bad port. (Given the time being spent on it, you've got to think 2022 won't be that.)

They're being UPFRONT about it being a "legacy edition" by calling it "Season Update", which isn't something the other game does (if you're the Average Joe, you'll assume it's a new game).

PES has had the same core for far too long. This is a really brave decision, IMO. Whether it will be wise (or even worth it) remains to be seen, but good on them for doing this.

I don't like 2020, and I won't like 2021 - but I might like 2022.

Which is better than PES being the same for the next ten years...
100000% agree, they are so brave in putting season update, its clear their intentions are to make a polished game, no matter Konami's faults, they still care unlike the other game.

You were charged full price for the same game every year and the privilege of starting from the scratch anyway. New gameplay is a bunch of guys in a room twisting some knobs deciding what the exploits will be for the year and how the AI will score ("it's been 4 years since every goal was a through ball and a low shot in the far corner, let's go back to that!") while another bunch of dudes in a different room paints stuff a different colour and updates the rosters. It's just the same thing without the guys randomly screwing up gameplay while drunk. And I could be talking about both football games.
It's crazy really that we have paid full price each year for these games for so long when they make such minor changes. They go for the same price as big expansive open world games that have taken years to develop from scratch...

As you say, the biggest change from one year to the next in both football games just seems to be changing the cheapest/easiest way you score goals. One year it's back post headers, the next it's far corner finesse shots, then it's near post low shots, then it's lobs... Just to make it feel like it needs to be played in a different way to the last one. They might change how you take free kicks now and again as well...

In the last 10 years I can only really think of one actual major innovation in either game - impact engine in FIFA 12 (whatever you think of its implementation). All of the rest of the stuff they advertise as new features/gameplay improvements in both games are marketing nonsense they massively overexaggerate the effects of and/or already existed in previous games. Maybe PES 2014 "barycentre" player movement could have been another innovation if they actually kept it.

Back
Top Bottom