eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Klashmans yes
Not sure, check out their twitter
I'm also not sure whether they are only including them for PC or PS4 also
Have asked but no response yet
alrighty! KLASH ME!!!! :APPLAUD:
i'll have a look at their twitter account.

i'm currently very satisfied with the PESunites OF! did some tactical changes myself (like no ddl and stuff) but i need custom tactics for much more teams and when there is a time saving way, like installing an OF with tactics included, i'm tempted to try it!

been patiently waiting for the PS4 PDF's by Klashman anyway...

alrighty! KLASH ME!!!! :APPLAUD:
i'll have a look at their twitter account.

i'm currently very satisfied with the PESunites OF! did some tactical changes myself (like no ddl and stuff) but i need custom tactics for much more teams and when there is a time saving way, like installing an OF with tactics included, i'm tempted to try it!
no ddl ? sorry Im newish to PES so not up with all the meanings. It's probably obvious.

Yeah if I get PESunites I'll have to go through and do all the tactics. But if PES Universe have it included for PS4 then Ill definitely go them.

It's an option file I grabbed for free the day the game came out. Guessing I now need to redown a newer one? Maybe the free one being spoken about on here will be fine.
Grab the pes unites v3. It's free and decent. Apply the option file and do the tactics changes. If you're only playing PL do also the championship teams. For the other big leagues if you don't want to manage one in the future just make the tactical changes for the big teams that participate in the European cups.

Grab the pes unites v3. It's free and decent. Apply the option file and do the tactics changes. If you're only playing PL do also the championship teams. For the other big leagues if you don't want to manage one in the future just make the tactical changes for the big teams that participate in the European cups.
why v3 when they are up to v6 ?

2 nights ago i won the AFCON as Algeria, what a lovely team that is.
This was my first cup PA0 on superstar.
Granted i only won 2 matches, the other ones i tied and won on penalties (i am very lucky at penalties this year i guess)

Last night i started an Asian cup as Japan, but i wasnt able to do anything.. i was spanked left and right by Saudi Arabia and South Korea.
Japanese NT are just too weak physically :(
I tried again as South Korea and im getting a decent run altough i have noticed some priods of time when the AI plays like they got the demon in them (Lebanon playing perfect tiki taka until they scored.. twice!)

It is outstanding the difference when you have a world level player in your team, like Son for Korea. It's brilliant how he stands out in his own way.

Loving this game but i think Top Player is good enough for me.
Superstar unfortunately feels cheaty sometimes.. I've found myself mindlessly running while playing in this difficulty (ball possesion in the 30-40s, whereas on TP i can manage to have 50-70% posession.

Altough i have to say, even on Superstar the AI attacks in a very "human-like" way.. cnat say enough how much im liking this game.

I'm waiting for the PesUni v3 to come out to start my ML campaign, they said it's gonna be out this week

Last edited:
2 nights ago i won the AFCON as Algeria, what a lovely team that is.
This was my first cup PA0 on superstar.
Granted i only won 2 matches, the other ones i tied and won on penalties (i am very lucky at penalties this year i guess)

Last night i started an Asian cup as Japan, but i wasnt able to do anything.. i was spanked left and right by Saudi Arabia and North Korea.
Japanese NT are just too weak physically :(
I tried again as South Korea and im getting a decent run altough i have noticed some priods of time when the AI plays like they got the demon in them (Lebanon playing perfect tiki taka until they scored.. twice!)

It is outstanding the difference when you have a world level player in your team, like Son for Korea. It's brilliant how he stands out in his own way.

Loving this game but i think Top Player is good enough for me.
Superstar unfortunately feels cheaty sometimes.. I've found myself mindlessly running while playing in this difficulty (ball possesion in the 30-40s, whereas on TP i can manage to have 50-70% posession.

Altough i have to say, even on Superstar the AI attacks in a very "human-like" way.. cnat say enough how much im liking this game.

I'm waiting for the PesUni v3 to come out to start my ML campaign, they said it's gonna be out this week
Agree with this I'm doing well on legendary as Liverpool in my league but tried it as rangers v Celtic and it was a different story down to player quality

Can anybody tell me how to stop teams changing their advanced tactics mid game?

I've gone to the trouble to remove deep defensive line and swarm the box from teams tactics in edit mode, but then half way through playing against them they sometimes then choose to employ these tactics anyway .

I have live update off so im definitely playing with the edited tactics but they still opt to revert to the crap defensive tactics at times

Even though fouls could be improved it does look like Konami are tweaking for the good

Since the patch I've had 2 pens in 4 games

The advantage rule seems to have been adjusted for the better where the refs pull the play back after a slightly longer period if no advantage is gained

Red cards are now given for non siding pull back.fouls if through on goal ..unused to do this all the time if the AI broke my line as it used to be always a yellow , today I got a red

to be quite honest, i have no complaints for refereeing so far.a few missed calls of course, but i think this is the best refereeing in a long time.

even i have not been awarded or conceded penalties, ive seen a LOT of cards given to the AI (including direct reds or double yellows), and i have not seen a partucilar ocassion on an offside error.

and i'd like to point out i get a player injured every 2 3 matches.
probably its because it's a knockout stages and it's more intense?

Last edited:
When I see people saying they get awarded penalties:

giphy.gif

I caved and bought it today, but sofar i don't feel it.
Games feels faster, probably has to do with more fluid animations.

What i do like : game feels a bit more difficult, maybe because the flow is faster (and I'm an old fart).
Can't really say too much on defensive awareness and such, but ai seems to play a bit more varied.

That awfull stumble is still in there though, i really really hate it when the opponent bumps me off the ball, ref never blows his whistle.
I'm sure it will grow a bit more on me, but right now i'm not feeling the improvement that some people here do.
Just my opinion of course.

By the way : i have pes2020 both on ps4 and on pc. The game on pc really plays different. Seems a bit slower, shooting is better too. I prefer pc gameplay to ps4. This is without any gameplay mods.

Master League experience, Auxerre.

Season 1 i go superstar and legend once its unlocked, and it's horrible pain. Just fighting my controller all the time. I still manage to somehow end up 3rd in Ligue 2 but it was just annoying really.

Season 2 started out the same, I figured I'll drop down to top player because I can't be arsed anymore. Seeing how instantly, from the first match my players are aggressive af with pressing and moving up the pitch I realize what's the deal. Won like 10 games in a row and quite honestly can't continue.

I don't wanna shit on the game, there's something good out there, but if this thing won't change there is truly no point. Higher difficulty level is just punishing you and not making AI any better. I couldn't believe that I can't make a pass or shield the ball anymore, and now I know why.

I can suffer on Legend and scream in agony, or stroll past everything on Top Player. Memories of Spezia ML in 2017 where I managed to win CL with a third of my team being original Serie B players came back instantly. I just don't know anymore man. And honestly I'm not exactly a fan of manual.

On a plus side most online games I've played were actually fun as hell, I was playing Serbia and really, really enjoyed it. Matchmaking brings it down though, can't afford to wait 15 minutes per match.

There is very clearly a good game out there somewhere, just stop punishing people for wanting to enjoy the game 🐑 konami pls

Master League experience, Auxerre.

Season 1 i go superstar and legend once its unlocked, and it's horrible pain. Just fighting my controller all the time. I still manage to somehow end up 3rd in Ligue 2 but it was just annoying really.

Season 2 started out the same, I figured I'll drop down to top player because I can't be arsed anymore. Seeing how instantly, from the first match my players are aggressive af with pressing and moving up the pitch I realize what's the deal. Won like 10 games in a row and quite honestly can't continue.

I don't wanna shit on the game, there's something good out there, but if this thing won't change there is truly no point. Higher difficulty level is just punishing you and not making AI any better. I couldn't believe that I can't make a pass or shield the ball anymore, and now I know why.

I can suffer on Legend and scream in agony, or stroll past everything on Top Player. Memories of Spezia ML in 2017 where I managed to win CL with a third of my team being original Serie B players came back instantly. I just don't know anymore man. And honestly I'm not exactly a fan of manual.

On a plus side most online games I've played were actually fun as hell, I was playing Serbia and really, really enjoyed it. Matchmaking brings it down though, can't afford to wait 15 minutes per match.

There is very clearly a good game out there somewhere, just stop punishing people for wanting to enjoy the game 🐑 konami pls
if you're not maybe play manual I guess.

I can suffer on Legend and scream in agony, or stroll past everything on Top Player.
Yeah, that's a problem. I wouldn't play any difficulty above Top Player. Try playing on a fixed player on Top Player, it increases the difficulty a lot while keeping the game sensible. That's what I've been doing for a while now. If playing a fixed player is not an option, then you gonna have a bad time.

I'm trying to wrap my head about what team to choose for a ML save:
finalists are:
  • Bornemouth
  • Norwich
  • Stoke
  • Watford

I just would like to have anyone's opinion on this, like which is the richest in football history etc
:)

Thank you

I just had an excellent game, 15 minutes halves, fully manual passing. Porto V Benfica.

Felipe Anderson was absolutely incredible on the left wing dribbling with me. I haven't been that good at dribbling on these games since probably the PS2 era but I was taking on 2, 3, 4 players quite easily just doing the usual shot feint/basic stick slowing down manipulation. Balance plays a big part of the dribbling mechanic especially when certain players nearly fall to the floor but keep going.

Possibly playing on manual passing is making dribbling a tiny bit easier.

Can anybody tell me how to stop teams changing their advanced tactics mid game?

I've gone to the trouble to remove deep defensive line and swarm the box from teams tactics in edit mode, but then half way through playing against them they sometimes then choose to employ these tactics anyway .

I have live update off so im definitely playing with the edited tactics but they still opt to revert to the crap defensive tactics at times

PRO_TOO
Maybe you know ? Does the same thing happen to you when you change the tactics ?

PRO_TOO
Maybe you know ? Does the same thing happen to you when you change the tactics ?
sure, this happens in every game.
i read the comment/question but i have no clue how to change that. i wish i could get rid of it as well!
the topic was raised here before and as far as i rememeber, i dont think we came up with a solution. on PC, via mods, it could be possible.

I'm trying to wrap my head about what team to choose for a ML save:
finalists are:
  • Bornemouth
  • Norwich
  • Stoke
  • Watford

I just would like to have anyone's opinion on this, like which is the richest in football history etc
:)

Thank you

FWIW I'd have:

1. Norwich
2. Watford
3. Stoke
4. The distance to the moon and back.
5. Bournemouth

I've a bee in my bonnet about Bournemouth. No fault of their own, really, but they're at the heart of the talkSPORT-fuelled confusion between stature and wealth, especially when comparing English and Scottish football!

@dinono10

I did play FUMA in PES 15 because PA1 was unbearable and it is kind of okay? I don't know maybe I would have to test but I don't neccesarily believe FUMA is an answer to everything.

Granted, I found online and EURO modes fun so there's that. My heart is just bleeding because ML is what it is. I guess I still want to try a couple ML games on SS/Legend, maybe I'm just a noobie?

I think with every year we are one step closer towards something. If 2022 is new engine, and if it won't be ruined by this sort of artificial difficulty, oh man 🐑

Anyone playing ML on SS/Legend, what's your take? What's your opinion 🐑

I think with every year we are one step closer towards something. If 2022 is new engine, and if it won't be ruined by this sort of artificial difficulty, oh man 🐑
You guys are living in fantasy land if you think a new engine is going to radically make things better. When Fifa moved from Ignite Engine to Frostbite was it a huge revolution? No, the graphics were improved slightly and they got a new collision system. Mostly everything else was the same.

My guess Konami being Konami is that the 2022 will be one of the worst releases yet since they need to port so much code to a new engine. Maybe 2023 will be alright.

History tells us that every time PES was launched on a new generation it sucked. I might be wrong this time, who knows, but I believe PES 2021 is going to be the best PES in the next 2 years.

History tells us that every time PES was launched on a new generation it sucked. I might be wrong this time, who knows, but I believe PES 2021 is going to be the best PES in the next 2 years.

That's a depressing thought. I struggle to play more than 3 games in a row on PES 21. If 22 is worse than that, might as find a new favorite sport. Heard The Golf Club is not a bad game lol.

Back
Top Bottom