eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Latest patch is not doing it for me. I was invested in the gameplay before the patch. I played around with difficulties, form stats, formations, teams, until it clicked and i understood it to a point where i started to work with the gameplay, not against it. This resulted in a more thoughtful and strategic game, i understood more and more when i could do things and when i couldn't and with which players. I felt like playing football. It wasn't perfect but the restrictions and avoiding them became second nature.

Maybe objectively the game is better now, but it will take some time for me to click with it again. It doesn't help that i find the changes quite dramatic. Not only responsiveness is sped up but also running and passing speed. Players feel much lighter. I might go to -1 but i hate playing on the non-default speed because it just doesn't feel or look natural to me somehow. Hopefully its a grower after some more sessions.

Latest patch is not doing it for me. I was invested in the gameplay before the patch. I played around with difficulties, form stats, formations, teams, until it clicked and i understood it to a point where i started to work with the gameplay, not against it. This resulted in a more thoughtful and strategic game, i understood more and more when i could do things and when i couldn't and with which players. I felt like playing football. It wasn't perfect but the restrictions and avoiding them became second nature.

Maybe objectively the game is better now, but it will take some time for me to click with it again. It doesn't help that i find the changes quite dramatic. Not only responsiveness is sped up but also running and passing speed. Players feel much lighter. I might go to -1 but i hate playing on the non-default speed because it just doesn't feel or look natural to me somehow. Hopefully its a grower after some more sessions.
The only change that really stands out for me since the patch is the AI doens't plough through you on the higher difficulties. Also a bit more variation from the AI with dribbling, few skill moves etc

Other than that there hasn't been that much of a change - which is a good thing

as i said this morning... it clicked for me just a few days ago.
i would have never thought there is a "next step" for me in gameplay and what i can do and how i understand it and how it unfolds on the pitch... but thats exactly what happened. i'm feeling like "in the next stage" of this game and enjoying it big time (besides the flaws).
dont give up mate, i say its a grower!

Edit: I’m not saying that lightly or to make create a mood and I played my fair share of PES games (you all know that)...! But really, it clicked somehow! It’s not placebo, it’s how I receive what the game does well and how I use that to recreate football on a console!

4 more hours till the end of working day. :BOP: ...i'm coming Peacocks...!!!

Last edited:
Coming from 2020 version, manual passing in the season update is easier because of the improved responsiveness and the fact that the game now relies more on the player's individual passing stats. That said, there's no reason for someone not to play with manual passing, it will just take 3-4 games to get used to it. Yes manual shooting is difficult but using manual passing and basic shooting is pure fun.
The only "downside" using manual passing is that 20min games or even 25min ones are a must but that's alright with me. Expect though too many fouls. I played more than 20 games and the cpu conceded at least 10 fouls in each of them. This happens because passes are often misplaced leading to a lot of 50-50 battles, combined with the physicality improvement there are a lot of misjudged tackles by the cpu. Again I don't mind as a strictly sim gamer.

Coming from 2020 version, manual passing in the season update is easier because of the improved responsiveness and the fact that the game now relies more on the player's individual passing stats. That said, there's no reason for someone not to play with manual passing, it will just take 3-4 games to get used to it. Yes manual shooting is difficult but using manual passing and basic shooting is pure fun.
The only "downside" using manual passing is that 20min games or even 25min ones are a must but that's alright with me. Expect though too many fouls. I played more than 20 games and the cpu conceded at least 10 fouls in each of them. This happens because passes are often misplaced leading to a lot of 50-50 battles, combined with the physicality improvement there are a lot of misjudged tackles by the cpu. Again I don't mind as a strictly sim gamer.
Do the fouls go up in longer games but the score lines remain realistic. on legendary FUMA 14 minute games im getting 1-0 1-1 2-1 etc with the occasional 3's and 4's which i like. Im averaging 4 or 5 fouls per game in 14 mins - 10 fouls sounds good but not if im getting 6 7 goals per game

"downside"... alright... glad you put the quotes up! ;)
i always prefered the 20 min matches. even with PA you have more time, you aint rushing (greedy for a goal) so much... its simple human psychology.

20 min fuma - praise the setting! :D

Normaly I play with a lower ranked team, try to develop and bring it to the top. Therefore I have to feel diffences when I replace my players with better ones. I still really don't know, if and how stats matter if you play fm.
In recent Pes games stats matter the same on full manual as they do on assisted settings, which is very fucking little..

Do the fouls go up in longer games but the score lines remain realistic. on legendary FUMA 14 minute games im getting 1-0 1-1 2-1 etc with the occasional 3's and 4's which i like. Im averaging 4 or 5 fouls per game in 14 mins - 10 fouls sounds good but not if im getting 6 7 goals per game
As I said last year the game adapts to the match length. You'll see more cpu build up and shot misses in 20+min. Another good thing with manual passing is that you can't use successfully the pass&go+lobbed through ball inside the box exploit. You can use it 2-3 times with the other PA levels until the cpu adapts to it though.

I’ve even been pushing it to 25 min games on full manual, although it does become sort of a time suck. @fear I’ve wondered about that. Seems to be true but unsure if it’s just a small sample size and/or placebo

I’ve even been pushing it to 25 min games on full manual, although it does become sort of a time suck. @fear I’ve wondered about that. Seems to be true but unsure if it’s just a small sample size and/or placebo
It's not placebo. Everything adapts to the match length. Fatigue/stamina, shooting and passing %, fouls etc.

I'm 39 have no kids and would struggle to play more than 2 games a day with that length. I am secondary school teacher /work for premiership club plus do airbnb but surely 2 games at that length would take over an hour? What with tactics, watching replays etc.. On school holiday this week so may trial that length.

Last night i reached the final of Euros playing as Russia vs Germany
I thought i was going to get hammered (i actually was but my keeper saved everything)

When i opened the scoreline at the 60something minute, the Germans snapped and went full offense
Every play i had on their half they hacked me down, it was hilarious looking at them being so desperate
they got 2 red cards, both of them double yellows.
Y just managed to scrape a 1-0 and it was satisfactory and fun.

Im loving this game

Ps. Im playing PA0 on Top Player, ill try superstar today.

Last edited:
I'm 39 have no kids and would struggle to play more than 2 games a day with that length. I am secondary school teacher /work for premiership club plus do airbnb but surely 2 games at that length would take over an hour? What with tactics, watching replays etc.. On school holiday this week so may trial that length.

Ive played 10mins matches for years, every match is about 20 real mins

25 Konami minutes seems like a lot to me, probably 45-50 mins irl

To each their own I guess

Top left corner,second from left is "Brescia FC" badge.
Which is a fake one,just like last year,same old bullshit from Konami.
"Fully licensed"

To be fair to Konami on this one it does clearly say that league licence doesn't include team licences. Although I do wonder what they're supposed to be announcing here?

We already have the league with all teams licensed bar Brescia, it already includes the things you'd expect of a licensed league on PES like the leagues adboards, the league logo on the transition etc so I've no idea what they're announcing that's supposed to be new. :LOL:

To be fair to Konami on this one it does clearly say that league licence doesn't include team licences. Although I do wonder what they're supposed to be announcing here?

We already have the league with all teams licensed bar Brescia, it already includes the things you'd expect of a licensed league on PES like the leagues adboards, the league logo on the transition etc so I've no idea what they're announcing that's supposed to be new. :LOL:
Yeah that's my issue with this as well,that setup/licence has been in this series since last year,it was a big thing then,now ?
Don't know why tbh,maybe attract FIFA players who love Serie B and has no clue that Pes exists?

Is it true that Serie B doesn't exist anymore in FIFA, not even unlicensed?
If that's the case, I see what they did here. They just wanted to make sure that people who last year played Serie B (though unlicensed) and now are left without it know there's an alternative.

Then, I feel that being the league "fully licensed" (like they say, even if team licenses aren't complete) they could do much more with it: three or four stadiums with custom adboards for them, for example... Custom backgrounds and graphics (Serie B still has a generic scoreboard, like every other licensed league has to be fair)...
But I'd expect them to do it with "top tier" leagues like the Russian one or the Belgian one or the French one before concentrating on Serie B seeing that also other leagues are receiving the same (rough) treatment.

Last edited:
Me seeing more players come over to manual passing:
giphy.gif

When you have played manual for a few more games and think back to Passing assistance:
giphy.gif

Lol.. Last night I tried playing on PA1 cause I was bored. The game instantly became a script fest.. The CPU suddenly also lost their creativity and kept doing the same thing, which is passing the ball to their CF then he would turn my defender and shoots from outside the box

I am really struggling to find a camera I like playing full manual on. So far dynamic wide with 0 zoom and 10 height but it's still not giving me the amount of view I want to switch etc. But then I find Stadium too distant ?

I'm having a great time with this one... My display has input lag and not even that has kept me from enjoying fuma on this game. Yesterday I broke an assisted bot on Online Divisions, 4 unbelievable solo dribbling goals, one day I will get around to posting it.

But this phrase I just said is only possible with PES2021's "small adjustments" to gameplay. On pes 2020 there is NO way I would have dribbled my way into this player's goal, there was just no time to do anything before the defender was chomping you off the pitch.

We are playing a football game, any incremental change has potentially major impact on the gameplay. Right now i'd say this is the best football game in terms of realism, BUT i'm really hopeful they do something about the atmosphere in PES next gen, it's the only part that is lagging behind atm, example: I play on really loud volume, the pitch sound are alright but highlight moments make no sense - you score a goal and the crowd goes quieter than before (lol), it's so anti climatic, it should be much louder. Shooting at the post should be deeper, beefier, the net should make less sound, or a different one IG, all in all I'm really positive about this game's future

I am really struggling to find a camera I like playing full manual on. So far dynamic wide with 0 zoom and 10 height but it's still not giving me the amount of view I want to switch etc. But then I find Stadium too distant ?
I'm using stadium 4,4,1. Give it a try.

I'm having a great time with this one... My display has input lag and not even that has kept me from enjoying fuma on this game. Yesterday I broke an assisted bot on Online Divisions, 4 unbelievable solo dribbling goals, one day I will get around to posting it.

I love that you have the patience to go FUMA against PA1-3- people. I would have broken too many controllers... ;)

Back
Top Bottom