eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Technically it's not a fact. It's a well-educated guess, at best.

I have high hopes for the Unreal Engine 5. Although, I don't think there has been a serious sports game using the Unreal Engine ever before?

Not sure why its depressive - it will come down to circumstance. I could definitely play more than 3 games in a row if i had the time. 3 games in one day is a special occasion for me :) . The game can be improved no doubt in many areas but for me i cant think of football game in the past that is better

Not sure why its depressive - it will come down to circumstance. I could definitely play more than 3 games in a row if i had the time. 3 games in one day is a special occasion for me :) . The game can be improved no doubt in many areas but for me i cant think of football game in the past that is better
the game is fantastic. Coming from fifa I finally got the hang of dribbling, PES is all bout discipline just like real life, you can't panic keep the composure, on manual that is, I'll post some fuma goals later on, alomst everything is possible on FUMA

the game is fantastic. Coming from fifa I finally got the hang of dribbling, PES is all bout discipline just like real life, you can't panic keep the composure, on manual that is, I'll post some fuma goals later on, alomst everything is possible on FUMA
Agree totally, especially the dribbling there are so many controls to do different types of dribbling to shift the ball. Currently using R1 (manual override) and Right stick for me is winning me fouls and 1 penalty

I agree bud. I get the game can be improved and it is not in the place people think it should be, but we are where we are at this stage. And I get the criticism, since we really have not got a more fun addictive game since like PES 6, or maybe arguably 13, but it gets to a point where I just begin to appreciate the game for what it is, which to me is very playable and provides a good game of football. I still hate 18-20, and will never play them again I imagine, just happy I find 21 to be much better better even though it is only proclaimed a season update. And still battering away 13 from time to time. For me at this stage is enough. I would imagine however if i played anything other than manual passing it would be a very dull affair. Still enjoying it for what it is, and hopeful for the new engine etc next year.

That's a depressing thought. I struggle to play more than 3 games in a row on PES 21. If 22 is worse than that, might as find a new favorite sport. Heard The Golf Club is not a bad game lol.
Try out Rocket League, it's the closest approximation to the feel of actually playing football in a video game. But I swear some of my teammates are programmed by Konami...

First of all, the last couple of Pes havent been great. Its hard to understand how konami thinks in some areas when they implement things. BUT i kind of enjoyed all of them, im on that side. I thought they been playable.

This year, just a season update. Seems like many people enjoy it..more than last couple of years, even tho its kind of the same game as 2020. And i must say i agree, I really really like it, specially after the patch. More alive.

Konami should really learn from this year. Yes, u should expect more changes from a new release. But usually they go 4 steps forward but 3 steps back at same time. This year they gone 2 step forward but 0 steps back. Changes many bad things to the better...and didnt fuck up these game breaking issues.

In future they must find the balance, to change it so u can feel its an upgrade.. but keep the base.

I don't know, I don't find it "footbally" enough. I had a post earlier detailing my frustrations with the game, maybe I just expect want too much from a football game. For world's most popular sport, I do feel that there's nothing on the market coming close to the beautiful game.

Just played Spezia away as Juve in the rain in their small stadium. 15 min halve. TP. Manual passing.

It kind of felt similar to real life. I won in the end 3-1..it took ages to score. In the last 20 minutes I got all 3. 2 of them on the counter.

Very satisfying albeit in exhibition mode. I thought I'd smash them but no it was very difficult. Really enjoyable.

I don't know if I'm in the minority...39 years old (special needs teacher/work for a premiership club) but even at my age I still really enjoy playing PES. Maybe not as much as 20 years ago however when things like shots/good team moves come off , its really satisfying.

Even now when I play my mate on verses mode if I score a late winner or a stunning goal, I will even get up and run down the corridor to celebrate (I'm quite competitive) but when your tactics/subs come off its really good. Crazy really, mature guy owns his own place/car/shares yet a video game makes me do that at times. But that's what its all about, enjoyment at the end of the day and a testament to the feelings and emotions of PES at times.

Just last sat, I went round to my mates. I played him at FIFA 21, bear in mind, I hadn't played FIFA for nearly 10 years or more. I won 6-0, didn't feel satisfying or anything at all..says it all really.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to play euro qualifiers in this game?

Best you can do is create a custom league and manually select the teams you want in your group. Of course, no other qualifying groups will be running concurrently, no play-offs and no follow on into the Finals as part of the same competition structure.

Just last sat, I went round to my mates. I played him at FIFA 21, bear in mind, I hadn't played FIFA for nearly 10 years or more. I won 6-0, didn't feel satisfying or anything at all..says it all really.
Your friend must be the worst FIFA player of all time then...

Your friend must be the worst FIFA player of all time then...
To be fair, I looked at the diffiuculty it wasn't on the hardest, I think default. I switched it to PES settings..I guess I tried to play it like PES in, looking ahead for passes. Been playing football games since 94 so fairly experienced..and he's not that good either haha

Anyone had this happen to them?

Just gave away a penalty for a clear dive by Salah. The commentator even said that it was a clear dive.. All my players complaining to the referee, then the pen was awarded.

Damn cheating ai lol

The commentator is cheating TBH. He has a direct connection to the VAR, even before you the player see it 🤣

I've had ai players dive and be carded for it but never seen that happen 😲
was strange, I didn't get the ball nor the player. As I said, the commentator said it was a dive. Happens in real life so I suppose it's good to see it happen even when incorrect.

Just gave away a penalty for a clear dive by Salah. The commentator even said that it was a clear dive.. All my players complaining to the referee, then the pen was awarded.

Damn cheating ai lol

Happened to me once. I was absolutely shocked cus it usually results in a yellow. Was actually a bit refreshing.

Played about six games of this game. Juve x Lazio, Superstar, FUMA. Lost all marches. This game its the same of PES 2020 with less fouls been called against the user. Thats It.

I dont feel any easyness on dribling. What I feel was that my players without the ball are way more heavy. They take an eternity to turn or to react to loose balls. Man, Im a 40 yo man that can make a 180 degree turn quickly than this players. Theres is too much useless animations on slowing down and then turn. Ok, its smooth animations but we are talking about of atheletes here. They have to be quicker without the ball especially on the beginning of the match. Players still feels like they are running on the sinking sand.

Player switch is abysmal just like 2020. You try tô pass tô a further player, the game switch the cursor to the nearest and vice versa.

Dont see any difference on the CPU attacking patterns too. Just a straight pass to CF that turns and shoot. The ball clips through my player leg or something, because Im tigh close to him but my player NEVER blocks the shot.

Damn cheating ai lol
i had the AI getting a yellow card for diving again just last night! i have to add though: in those situations i feel it was a foul from my side, not a dive! but hey, fits the overall ref skill expirience. ^^

on a side note:
when i was playing with Leeds vs West Ham last night (regular exhibition match), that guy Antonio scored 3 goals in the first 45! so Leeds was behind 0:3 at half time and i noticed Antonio already got awarded one yellow card. so the plan for the second half was clear! he needed to go! :LOL:
when the second half kicked of i choose Phillips to be a "sneaky smart"! ;) i took the ball with Phillips and did some tricks in front of Antonio... mostly LS dribble moves (wich i am getting better and better with every match i play and i like them more and more too).
rounding the hat-trick striker over and over again... shifting the ball here, making a step-over there... till he seemed to have enough. when shielding the ball with Phillips, Antonio pushing from behind, he lost his calm and hit Phillips in the calf! straight second yellow from the ref, followed by one of the biggest grinning faces i've ever put on while playing PES!! :APPLAUD:

cheap move (i know), and we lost it 0:3 anyway... but still, i had my personal reward, i was satisfied!!!

NO BALL FOR YOU ANTONIO!!! :LMAO:

Last edited:
History tells us that every time PES was launched on a new generation it sucked. I might be wrong this time, who knows, but I believe PES 2021 is going to be the best PES in the next 2 years.
I've had contrasting experiences with PES 2008 and PES 2015 to be honest.
PES 2008 for PC (same as PS3)? Yeah, nothing special (even pretty bad I'd say). The PS2 version was still superior in pretty much all areas.
PES 2015 for Xbox One (same as PS4, but with scaled down resolution)? Not bad at all. I mean, maybe it wasn't on par with the Ignite version of FIFA 14 (which was a Hell of a game as far as I remember, to the extent that I still play it now from time to time) but it was a good game after all. Pretty much the same as the PC version in terms of gameplay but better in terms of graphics (heck, the PC version didn't even have the goalposts' shadows during daytime).

Let's hope!

Back
Top Bottom