eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I've had contrasting experiences with PES 2008 and PES 2015 to be honest.
PES 2008 for PC (same as PS3)? Yeah, nothing special (even pretty bad I'd say). The PS2 version was still superior in pretty much all areas.
PES 2015 for Xbox One (same as PS4, but with scaled down resolution)? Not bad at all. I mean, maybe it wasn't on par with the Ignite version of FIFA 14 (which was a Hell of a game as far as I remember, to the extent that I still play it now from time to time) but it was a good game after all. Pretty much the same as the PC version in terms of gameplay but better in terms of graphics (heck, the PC version didn't even have the goalposts' shadows during daytime).

Let's hope!

And PES (1) was excellent.

I wonder if in next gen they use the haptic feedback somehow - like when shielding etc you feel push/pull sensation - would be cool

i had the AI getting a yellow card for diving again just last night! i have to add though: in those situations i feel it was a foul from my side, not a dive! but hey, fits the overall ref skill expirience. ^^

on a side note:
when i was playing with Leeds vs West Ham last night (regular exhibition match), that guy Antonio scored 3 goals in the first 45! so Leeds was behind 0:3 at half time and i noticed Antonio already got awarded one yellow card. so the plan for the second half was clear! he needed to go! :LOL:
when the second half kicked of i choose Phillips to be a "sneaky smart"! ;) i took the ball with Phillips and did some tricks in front of Antonio... mostly LS dribble moves (wich i am getting better and better with every match i play and i like them more and more too).
rounding the hat-trick striker over and over again... shifting the ball here, making a step-over there... till he seemed to have enough. when shielding the ball with Phillips, Antonio pushing from behind, he lost his calm and hit Phillips in the calf! straight second yellow from the ref, followed by one of the biggest grinning faces i've ever put on while playing PES!! :APPLAUD:

cheap move (i know), and we lost it 0:3 anyway... but still, i had my personal reward, i was satified!!!

NO BALL FOR YOU ANTONIO!!! :LMAO:
Superb pal. They won the match but you won the war!

In regards to the pes universe V3, is silver available today? Also I believe the tactics are included in the update which makes it a decent buy.

Just got the PES UNIVERSE V3 installed.. What mode does everyone recommend I play? I usually always every single year play Master league (past 20 years).

Is Myclub good offline? I know it's the mode with the balls and trainers etc. I occasionally have the odd match online but prefer playing the computer for 15 min halves on TP.

Heartbeats in pk 😬
I'd love that!

I think there's so much room for experimentation with football games. Why is the current button layout set in stone?

I've mentioned it before but I really miss the pressure-sensitive analog PS2 buttons, and the ISS game that used them. Panicked and smashed the shoot button too hard? Over the bar. Got scared and tapped it too gently? Rolls to the goalkeeper.

Knowing that L2 and R2 can be harder to push depending on the scenario, rather than just using it to make sprinting harder, why not try something really brave? What if they were left foot / right foot, or pass / shoot...

You have to laugh don't you,

93rd minute v Madrid.

I get fouled by Benzema, whistle blown. Fk awarded to Madrid and of course Kroos steps up and scores. You can only laugh as I have expected it when the whistle was blown. Defended so well with Inter, they were never going to score.. Cheating ai lol

So maybe i want to buy this game. Only fun when playing fuma? Is ML an option or still to scripted? Thx!

It really depends on how you play, for me fuma is way more enjoyable because when I play with PA 1 I become impatient and try to get the ball forward as quick as I can, it makes the game feel scripted cause with pass assistant the CPU knows where you're gonna pass. Also when defending, since I'm already impatient during attack I tend to try to get the ball back asap when ever I loose the ball, this is also a bad way to play cause the CPU will just pass the ball around to keep possession when they are pressed, it's better to stand back and contain. Scripting will always be there, you just need to find a way you can enjoy the game.

I've mentioned it before but I really miss the pressure-sensitive analog PS2 buttons, and the ISS game that used them. Panicked and smashed the shoot button too hard? Over the bar. Got scared and tapped it too gently? Rolls to the goalkeeper.

It's not how hard you push the button, but rather the body position of your player, If he's in akward position a slight tap on the button can blast the ball to the sky, but if your player's body position is correct you can press the button hard and get a perfect shot. We actually have that in PES 2021 PA 1 and basic shooting where you can completely mess up a shot or pass if the body position of the player is not right, but of course way more forgiving than the older pes.

I noticed kind of a "cheat". I play manual, but thought through passes been terrible last few games, so i used normal pass even for my through passes. I believe they got it better now, but its hard to change after using normal for many years.

But when i use normal pass and put it in front of my player, neither mine or the defender "understands" its a ball in their area. But cause i use L1+L2 to make my forward run anyway, i get a few meters in front of my defender cause he is just standing still for a second until he start running.

I use this a lot, but i also want the game to feel real, so kinda feel like im cheating.

You have to laugh don't you,

93rd minute v Madrid.

I get fouled by Benzema, whistle blown. Fk awarded to Madrid and of course Kroos steps up and scores. You can only laugh as I have expected it when the whistle was blown. Defended so well with Inter, they were never going to score.. Cheating ai lol
The best way to deal with any free kick is forget the wall and manually move the keeper during the players run up before he strikes the ball, I haven't conceded one since doing that and there were a few certain goals

Heartbeats in pk 😬
Well, I don't see why PES can't borrow something good from FIFA, which had (still has? I can't remember) the "heartbeat" vibration in the controller already for decisive penalties both as GK and PK taker. It could be improved of course though, so it's a yes for me.
Another thing I'd love to see is that you can vary your body position with the right stick while taking a penalty or a FK. Lean too much back and you'll slip or rocket the ball in row Z, push too much to the front and you'll scuff it badly.
Something like that.

Hopefully the same happens tonight. 😄

I noticed kind of a "cheat". I play manual, but thought through passes been terrible last few games, so i used normal pass even for my through passes. I believe they got it better now, but its hard to change after using normal for many years.

But when i use normal pass and put it in front of my player, neither mine or the defender "understands" its a ball in their area. But cause i use L1+L2 to make my forward run anyway, i get a few meters in front of my defender cause he is just standing still for a second until he start running.

I use this a lot, but i also want the game to feel real, so kinda feel like im cheating.
Here we go again... What does L1+L2 do?:SS

Here we go again... What does L1+L2 do?:SS
My bad. I meant R1+R2. Yes super-cancel. Which means u kinda cancel all auto-movement, and u can move your player as freely as u like, even in opposite direction of the ball when ur team is ball-carrier.

Last edited:
I haven't got the hold of it yet (at times I find myself running away from the ball) but when I manage to use it properly it's a pretty good weapon to gain a metre or two.
By the way, I'm playing some random matches (waiting for Serie B to be updated so I could finally start a ML, seeing that many of the teams still have last season's kits) and I'm not getting tired of it, not a single bit.
Matches are way more alive than they were in 2020 (thanks to the improved awareness I'd say which allows both the user and the AI to build up play in a more efficient way), and I've seen some random things that made me smile.

I was playing Dortmund against Leverkusen yesterday (Evo-Web patch, so not the latest exe version yet) and I conceded a goal because Hummels, trying a last-ditch sliding tackle while the opponent was shooting, managed to deflect the ball with his knee right after the shot, but doing so he completely wrong footed my keeper (Burki I guess), who could only stare, powerless, at the ball slowly rolling in.
Not the best way to start a match, but a pretty realistic way to: when you try a last-ditch effort, you should know things like this could happen.

playing as South Korea i defeated Japan in penalties.. they kicked the shit ouf my players:
3266764752a42095802e800d954cb6893eba9499b3b08d78b07d5ed6a618f59a5da7d7d4.jpg

i cant remember ever having a match like this ever

I’m seeing more fouls by cpu, mostly due to me making a last minute turn.
Also more yellow cards for the cpu due to this. Yesterday i had my first penalty since pes 2019.
I hard to read the instructions to know how to take it.

But, i also continue to see the cpu barging me off the ball, making me stumble all the time without getting the foul, and even the cpu fouling me but them getting the free kick.
If only they could / would fix that. I know there’s more things not right with the game but it would be a great improvement.

The best way to deal with any free kick is forget the wall and manually move the keeper during the players run up before he strikes the ball, I haven't conceded one since doing that and there were a few certain goals
Cheers mate. How do I do that? Its not triangle is it?

Well, I don't see why PES can't borrow something good from FIFA, which had (still has? I can't remember) the "heartbeat" vibration in the controller already for decisive penalties both as GK and PK taker. It could be improved of course though, so it's a yes for me.
Another thing I'd love to see is that you can vary your body position with the right stick while taking a penalty or a FK. Lean too much back and you'll slip or rocket the ball in row Z, push too much to the front and you'll scuff it badly.
Something like that.

Hopefully the same happens tonight. 😄
Nope. Inter all the way although with Lukaku, Real probably have it all the way. Let's hope for a good game.

Cheers mate. How do I do that? Its not triangle is it?
I press r3 and l3 R1(my manual pass button) and L1(player select ) it works for me but I think I may be pressing too many . Once GK is selected you can then position him. It's important to do it during the AI run up if you go too early AI will switch and score in empty side

I press r3 and l3 R1(my manual pass button) and L1(player select ) it works for me but I think I may be pressing too many . Once GK is selected you can then position him. It's important to do it during the AI run up if you go too early AI will switch and score in empty side
Thank you for the tips mate. Much appreciated. I'll try it out after the footy. Thanks again for the help.

How many of those fouls were in ET

Bloody hell that might be a world record for fouls in PES for a decade, what level are you playing and how long are the matches?

10 minute match, PA0 on Top Player
only one of those 14 fouls was in overtime.. can't even be because of rivalry since it's not even possible for national teams to assign rivals (probably it's hard coded?)

Back
Top Bottom