eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Is it true that passing while holding R2 is more accurate? I know that it makes a player run forward after the pass, but they also seem more accurate.

I have a question to all those who still enjoy Pes20. I dont need yall to reply here, but just think about it and be honest.

When was the last time when you thought - "Oh, shit - I didnt see that coming!"

SOrry, couldn't resist, but didn't want to spoil the 2021 thread, so i quote here..

Did n't see that coming #1 (basically saw that coming :P )

Did n't see that coming #2

Last edited:
edit2: WHATCH THAT VIDEO GUYS, PLEASE!!!

those camera mods on PC still get me off the sofa every time! Man...
it’s nothing against the simple settings you have at hands on PS4, but still on my console it looks better than the regular view (Working with limited angle, zoom and height settings).

but let’s get back to topic, full manual gameplay...

edit: the knight found the rights words to describe it. What a great video he put out here. I couldn’t say it so on spot like he did. Great video. Should open some eyes! :APPLAUD:
how anyone could not choose the freedom of fuma passing and shooting (but go for the rigid assisted settings) is beyond me. But hey, it’s a free world. :)
and another edit: all those animations triggered by fuma are well worth the (few) downsides it has, imo. Oh my... @The_Knight nails it! So hard even Konami should listen!
The term „you are playing it wrong“ got hacked and laughed at here not only once. Maybe there is a bit of truth to it. If you want a certain outcome, you have to act in a certain way. Think about it. ;)

Last edited:

those camera mods on PC still get me off the sofa every time! Man...
it’s nothing against the simple settings you have at hands on PS4, but still on my console it looks better than the regular view (Working with limited angle, zoom and height settings).

but let’s get back to topic, full manual gameplay...

Im a massive advocate of manual shooting and a unassisted game on this iteration.

I never migrated from version 1.0 on the Xbox X..Despite the heavy scripting outside of exhibition.There’s so much to love about this game that I would love a fleshed out final version built off the base that shipped on the disc..

The looser physics of the demo showed so much promise,yet,Collisions and physicality just went to pot after the first update after release.

Who knows..It’s hard to acertain what pes21 will be..If they can address some of the more minor niggles.Add a whole layer of variety to playing the AI offline and balance out the cheating script.The base of pes20 could Be potentially carved into something good.

Further optimisation would help and making adjustments to the keepers to open up shooting more.

Enjoying my edited vanilla version today again playing top player, 20 min matches on fuma; see my latest audio and cam settings attached to this comment.

Can’t express how much better the vanilla plays. I know I did before... but like the moaning wont stop ;), I want stop telling the truth about the good stuff. ;)

So many positive gameplay related aspects are still in or not got cut down/watered down in some way.
Edit: one simple example: tackling is different. Double tapping X isn’t only the deliberate foul resulting in a yellow card, you can actually stick a foot in (for a foul with or without card giving). It goes as far as you can put your leg in between opponent and ball to draw a foul! It’s more physical and “niggly” as well so it results in more intense/detailed battles for the ball.
The ref can even award advantage when you do deliberately fouls but don’t succeed. Yes. unsuccessful deliberate fouls are in. At least in the vanilla! :)
But I promised; just one example. ;)

@The_Knight does a better job here anyway!! So watch his videos!! It’s a must if you are interested in the series, imo.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KnightMD

Enjoy.

Edit: to be fair, getting a penalty for a clear foul is even more a mess as in DP8, imo.

Attachments

• 664A3BA5-6F6B-4BC6-B8C1-375EFD4C43D0.jpeg
    664A3BA5-6F6B-4BC6-B8C1-375EFD4C43D0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 65E9FE5C-5038-4EB4-A43B-C5E54ADD5B8C.jpeg
    65E9FE5C-5038-4EB4-A43B-C5E54ADD5B8C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Guess I don't play it enough but didn't know you could score with a scorpion kick
ezgif-4-e51c070e7b15.gif

No comments

Eesh. Good example of one of my biggest issues.

I've given 2020 another go coming straight from 2013, and I've realised my biggest problem (other than the AI and the fact that no matter who they're controlling, their game plan is just "hit a pass to the furthest forward player") is probably how completely stiff and robotic movement is (in all PES games), to the point where (with the ball) you can't just shift a few degrees left or right easily - you have to take several steps in a direction, then make turns at much larger angles, and your reactions are so stunted that you just walk into players, as if everyone's blindfolded.

The worst thing is that you can feel those reactions improve (or worsen) depending on the strength of the opposition and your difficulty level. Drop it down to the lowest level, and you have full control of your players...

How do you carry on playing a game when you realise that's happening?

Playing a Master League is like playing chess in a chess league, versus one person, 38 times, and sometimes you only have half the pieces. Insanity.

With the gameplay edits from the IPM gameplay thread, you can take some large steps back towards demo gameplay, but you can never escape the feel of the rails you're on. Sometimes those rails send you crashing into each other, like in your video, and the physics aren't human physics. It's more like a car crash.

If anyone is still playing this I'm having fdecent games trying this formation for AI teams only

Formation unchanged
Fluid for action on
Attacking support max
Defensive height max
Defensive compact max
Frontline pressure

Adv instruction
Set at least one central midfielder to anchor if there's two do both
Genpress
Genpress

Auto offside on

Seems to tighten everything up , AI plays better not running back to goal , harder to breakdown , AI press more . Less space.

Had 3 games against different teams and even though set up is.similar to all teams , playing bourthmouth and then arsenal was very different

My first posts in 4 months or so.

Can annyone remember the patch by a guy that fixed the way the CPU played, i find 90% of teams just punt the ball out from the back.

Please anyone can to help me ?

i need IMAGE STADIUMS for PES 2020 (to ps4) and i didn't found :(

the images of stadiums should include -

ALL league of pes20 in the game (Juplier, scotich league and etc)
and in edition the Bundesliga (because my patch include this league)
and if u have also images for Other league.

very wait for helpers, so pls help

Please anyone can to help me ?

i need IMAGE STADIUMS for PES 2020 (to ps4) and i didn't found :(

the images of stadiums should include -

ALL league of pes20 in the game (Juplier, scotich league and etc)
and in edition the Bundesliga (because my patch include this league)
and if u have also images for Other league.

very wait for helpers, so pls help
A bit of help as Bundesliga should be in.
https://www.welovepes.com/2016/08/stadiums-all-clubs-national-teams-pes.html?m=1

Another one for Buli: https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thread/8703-Stadium-Images/

Maybe here, didn’t check: https://pesuniverse.es/pesuniverse-option-file/

thanks bro !

I've already seen the first two links, but unfortunately they do not include all leagues (like the Belgian, Scottish, Swiss leagues, etc.)

thanks anyway bro 🙂

(if someone have another i really need..😕)

I've given 2020 another go coming straight from 2013, and I've realised my biggest problem (other than the AI and the fact that no matter who they're controlling, their game plan is just "hit a pass to the furthest forward player") is probably how completely stiff and robotic movement is (in all PES games), to the point where (with the ball) you can't just shift a few degrees left or right easily - you have to take several steps in a direction, then make turns at much larger angles, and your reactions are so stunted that you just walk into players, as if everyone's blindfolded.

The worst thing is that you can feel those reactions improve (or worsen) depending on the strength of the opposition and your difficulty level. Drop it down to the lowest level, and you have full control of your players...
Yeah pretty much sums up my main complaint with the game, It's the responsiveness. It makes little to sense for footballers; The most athletic & agile they've ever been in the history of the sport to feel so latent and sluggish. The main problem is football games are like fighting games, They're reactive experiences. You're entering commands based on how situations are unfolding in front of your very eyes.

It's unacceptable to have a game where when you issue a command to a player that by the time your model carry's out his instruction on the pitch; the situation has completely changed. And i'm especially talking about when you're attacking in the final 3rd - You're attackers, wingers and dribblers should be the most fun players to control and yet i absolutely dread creating an attack because i feel like i'm gonna get bummed out by losing possession because Sterling and Hazard turn like they're underwater.

How is it that on FIFA 16 & PES 2017, These players real extremely responsive, nimble to the touch and just generally pleasurable to control and most importantly, exciting to attack with?

And regarding you're second point - I've always ascertained that difficulty levels have been a little redundant in these games for a while now.

Seldom does it ever represent the increase in arse kicking challenge you come to expect but rather more of a handicap on the human player. That sluggishness and unresponsiveness is exaggerated the higher up the difficulty levels you go. It's what leads to an unsatisfactory compromise because on Professional, It seems to be the most reasonable responsiveness and speed of your players but the AI seems to play like it's an inconvenient friendly and rarely put up a challenge barely mustering a shot on goal.

Turning up the difficulty gives the CPU a bit more spunk but it's at the sacrifice of your input reliability. Once again, It never used to be like this!

Being counter-trendy and staying with this at the moment. I concluded 6 seasons in my ML save, i would like to continue with this curernt save, as i checked as many things as possible after the first season of ML. Superstar VS Topplayer, assisted settings, formations (me), High TS , Low TS, HIgh OPR team, Low OPR team.

My summary after 6 seasons was:
1 World Cup with Greece,
1 Champions League with Extremadura,
1 UEFA super cup with Extremadura, 1 ICC with Extremadura,
1 2nd position in FIFA Club world cup with Extremadura ( i recorded this whole game, as it was heavily "scripted game" against me VS Veracuz from MLX, this game had everything, bad response, player stats not applying, referee denied a PK for me after i got an elbow on the face, a Free Kick goal by the CPU from 35m , where it was impossible to place my GK manually as he was out of the screen and i finally lost 0-1 from this bloody FK, it was not a foul either) maybe i will upload the 15min video someday.

1 EPL win with Arsenal and 1 FA Cup with Arsenal, also a Community Shield Cup with Arsenal too, in my "last" season.

I am using 38+ yo old MESSI and 36+Hazard as captain due to team role f, placing ine of them per match as AMF+captain for the TS boost, although it is very slight in this last season, i have already +89 TS.

So since i achieved to de-bug the database and can continue my editing, i will update transfers for 2020-2021 real life season, will import some recent legends like Rosicky and edit them to match their current day age and "stats" appropriate for their age, i do not want a 39 years old Ronaldinho being picked in BRazil NT for example.

Now that the game is "safe" from other gamebreaking updates, reagarding database most and less gameplay, when i finish my work, i will start a new ML save. The plan is the same, edit my OF until it is 60% ready at least, update most transfers and start. If i have the time needed , i hope i will achieve more than 6 seasons this time.

Dream is always the same, win everything in Europe, migrate to LATAM, win everything there, league, libertadores, etc, win the FIFA club world cup, which i have not since PES 2011, migrate to Asia, win League/AFC/FIFA club world cup and then return to PEU League and build a strong team with a Greek Club, having more than 50% of the roster, Greek players.

It's unacceptable to have a game where when you issue a command to a player that by the time your model carry's out his instruction on the pitch; the situation has completely changed. And i'm especially talking about when you're attacking in the final 3rd - You're attackers, wingers and dribblers should be the most fun players to control and yet i absolutely dread creating an attack because i feel like i'm gonna get bummed out by losing possession because Sterling and Hazard turn like they're underwater.

You’ve highlighted exactly what pes21 gets right compared to its slightly less fleshed out younger brother.It’s also not any different for the mechanics of shooting and heading..Which again have/had not been properly fleshed out..Imagine using manual shooting which was a game in itself to master and actually get some joy from in 20.

Thing is though..I spent a year playing ver 1.00.00 and once mastered.I never had problems scoring many different types of goals from various angles and with different power ratios..What killed it is the lack of pace from fast forwards(or as you rightly say heavy response or deliberate impact lag on the harder settings,at time’s and I highlight AT TIMES.

20 just had a big learning curve and believe it or not there is a very technical game here.Forget the patched versions because they muddied the water’s.And most of all play it unassisted,pa1 is a joke(there’s no skill involved or any real error,it’s mostly to feet and waters down the fundamentals for both the user and CPU..and that’s fact).

I never patched 20 but I’ve already patched 21..That’s the difference..20 changed massively after the first patch..21 has more bugs(version 1.00.00,that 20 never had.)

My problem now is how to keep version 1.00.01 from updating,because I fear again the game will change after the next patch.

Lets also not forget even on the ps2 there were issues with the game making input heavy and players unreactive,scripting...etc..its almost like the game was broken deliberately and you would always have that game where the CPU would win regardless..It took me 56 attempts to beat one team in a league game from one save on the ps2(that’s how contrived and scripted even ps2 pes was.Same can be said for every version of pes and that includes all this generation and the last.

Its the design..No one game being the same and that unwavering feeling the game is unfolding into its own conclusion,irrespective of the potanganists on the pitch..It’s a game that’s freed itself form its binery roots and come gloriously to life..Get in the zone with either 20 or 21..Understand it and your never play a more arresting interpretation of footie..Despite the odd and occasional AI irregularity...Freezing,going into the offside animation rather then intercepting/reacting to the ball or not tracking the ball carrier.This doesn’t happen every game and barely happens at all in 21..

Pes 13 and some of the others might play really well modded on a PC..But I clearly remember them games being laggy,having delay,scripting on the consoles,and all the issues that have been in pes since the beginning..

This is why most of us stick with pes.Because despite its shortcomings,perseverance and time reaps it’s own rewards(we don’t all get tied up on what’s it not doing,we find out how to do it).Nobody else replicates the ball so well or that feeling you get from the pad(it’s playability and that sense that your actually moving a ball).Liverpool feel like Liverpool as do a number of teams.You just don’t get that anywhere else...Everything else is just a imitation of PES/ISS and the template Konami themselves created...

So in conclusion..Pes in so many ways just does it better..And that is why despite near brilliance and mediocrity..It still exists today as a IP..✌

Last edited:
Something strange I noticed today, while I was In my editing session. I was creating this player in pes 2020.

https://www.pesmaster.com/i-loreto/pes-2021/player/396634/

He is Gabriel Veron.

While I am used to stupid OPRatins, and I know they mean very few things, and many timee to sometimes to differ by a unit from pesmaster, this time I had 2 units different, mine had 74, pesmaster has 72. So I checked for fault inputs and I had him 69 finishing while he has 68.

The strange is that for one unit difference in finishing his overall was changing by 2! 68->69 = OPR 72->74.

The most strange is that he is not even CF, not even playable position, he is clear winger.

When editing I tested switching all adv instructions off and putting ai team into simlpe settings but same formation. So arsenal was set to possession . That changed how they play dramatically and there was hardly any space, in the one game I tried I could hardly get into their box and they went long only once.

Prior to that I had also set max compact I'm defense instructions but not sure if simple settings over rules all that

Does anyone have a simple list of what premier league teams play I would like to try all of them

Liverpool would be quick counter , arsenal possession etc etc

@Madmac79 are you a member in PESteam.it forum? I found many usufull editing suggestions there, regarding basecopy scanned faces that will spice-up a little bit my 2020 ML.

Will i succed to the forum just by using google translate?

@Madmac79 are you a member in PESteam.it forum? I found many usufull editing suggestions there, regarding basecopy scanned faces that will spice-up a little bit my 2020 ML.

Will i succed to the forum just by using google translate?

Nah mate. I've only (very) occasionally lurked in the past when I was searching for something but I'm not a member.

No idea how good google translate will work, my guess it you should be fine with most things, in any case just feel free to pm me if you need, given that I understand exactly zero about this kind of editing itself :D I'll gladly help you the best I can if there are obscure bits!

Something strange I noticed today, while I was In my editing session. I was creating this player in pes 2020.

https://www.pesmaster.com/i-loreto/pes-2021/player/396634/

He is Gabriel Veron.

While I am used to stupid OPRatins, and I know they mean very few things, and many timee to sometimes to differ by a unit from pesmaster, this time I had 2 units different, mine had 74, pesmaster has 72. So I checked for fault inputs and I had him 69 finishing while he has 68.

The strange is that for one unit difference in finishing his overall was changing by 2! 68->69 = OPR 72->74.

The most strange is that he is not even CF, not even playable position, he is clear winger.

this is mental, i absolutely hate OPR
i hope they can give us a chance to get rid of it and just have the stats & hexagon (or whatever shape that thing is)
68747470733a2f2f6934362e73657276696d672e636f6d2f752f6634362f31362f37362f39372f32312f706573365f3234332e6a7067

it has always worked, i guess kids nowadays just want to look at a number to make decisions

Nah mate. I've only (very) occasionally lurked in the past when I was searching for something but I'm not a member.

No idea how good google translate will work, my guess it you should be fine with most things, in any case just feel free to pm me if you need, given that I understand exactly zero about this kind of editing itself :D I'll gladly help you the best I can if there are obscure bits!
Seems to have surprisingly heavy traffic though. The master league topic exclusivly for PES 2020 only, seems to have more than 2K replies. Did not know that PES is is famous in Italy.

Basically regarding ML, it seems as Italy has more active members, as percentage in only one country, really amazing.

The other interesting is, i learned that "svincolati" means "free agent"!! :P :)

this is mental, i absolutely hate OPR
i hope they can give us a chance to get rid of it and just have the stats & hexagon (or whatever shape that thing is)
68747470733a2f2f6934362e73657276696d672e636f6d2f752f6634362f31362f37362f39372f32312f706573365f3234332e6a7067

it has always worked, i guess kids nowadays just want to look at a number to make decisions
Unfortunatelly KONAMI has tried so many different BS system after PES 6, that i really praise god for the current day stats presentation, even with OPR and the hexagon.

Do you remember PES 2009 and 2010 stas pages with squares in the gameplan and OPRs, or the 2011 hexagons that were so small, almost impossible to see the differences, all hexagons looked the same, or the PES 2012 shit system with A,B,C,D,E ratings in groups of stats, or the PES 2015 TEC-SPE-PHY presentation, that was a copy-paste from their facebook app-game PES association football.
At least today and since PES 2016 the hexagons are clear to spot differences on-the-fly. Although i hate the current day values hexagons. I mean passing and shooting? I prefer the values in the hexagon as they were back in PS2-era, in your screenshot, ATTACK-TEC-STAM-DEF-BAL-SPE and it is all clear.

BTW have you seen the MyClub presentation stats, since 2020, not in gameplan though, with the cycles, the bubbles and the gauges as if players were racing cars!!! :P :P Even MyClub people shitted on that presentation.

Back
Top Bottom