eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

@PRO_TOO I would like to ask 2 big favors from you, if possible, as I am trying to softfix the Live Update bug and keep the PES2020 editable for the 2021 season.

I want, if you can next time you boot you vanilla version to:

Go to edit mode, edit player to put it as a pin, like write B. LENO, decapitalised, like B. Leno, or put a *, like B. LENO*.

Then copy to a USB stick from game datamangment in PS4 menu, the file "EDIT. Bin" or "edit data" and the file "System Settings. Dat", or "system" or "settings"

It must be 2 files.

Then next time the game force updates to DP 8.0, I want from you to go in game, do the same pin sign to Leno and then BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY LIVE UPDATE, I want to recopy to a USB the two files EDIT and SYSTEMSETTINGS.

And just pass them to me from here either through PM.

Always if it is possible. :)

Additionally whoever else has PES2020 with DP8.0 and without live update of 16/7/2020 and latter, and he has in his database removed free agents like Robben, Van Persie, Barzagli, Ansu Fati etc.. I would like to copy and share from PS4 menu his edit and systemsettings.Dat files.
Thanks much.

@PRO_TOO I would like to ask 2 big favors from you, if possible, as I am trying to softfix the Live Update bug and keep the PES2020 editable for the 2021 season.

Go to edit mode, edit player to put it as a pin, like write B. LENO, decapitalised, like B. Leno, or put a *, like B. LENO*.

Then copy to a USB stick from game datamangment in PS4 menu, the file "EDIT. Bin" or "edit data" and the file "System Settings. Dat", or "system" or "settings"

It must be 2 files.

Then next time the game force updates to DP 8.0, I want from you to go in game, do the same pin sign to Leno and then BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY LIVE UPDATE, I want to recopy to a USB the two files EDIT and SYSTEMSETTINGS.

man, thats a project even konami aint putting their fingers on ! :LMAO:

i'll surely do that for you mate! :SAL: ...even if it forces me to download and install DP8! :CURSE:

;) i have my vanilla edit and system setttings saved to an usb stick. so all good. i'll let you know mate.

Last edited:
man, thats a project even konami aint putting their fingers on ! :LMAO:

i'll surely do that for you mate! :SAL: ...even if it forces me to download and install DP8! :CURSE:

;) i have my vanilla edit and system setttings saved to an usb stick. so all good. i'll let you know mate.
Τhanx pal. The worst part is that KONAMI caused it, so they are responsible to fix it, which they ignore. It is a matter of 30 minutes of work for them, damn.. :(

The even worse is that the bug created an invisible firewall in game data. Although I extracted some "infected" teams, edited them with @SMcCutcheon tool and fixed them, I unticked the Live Update flag from where it was not intended, and reimported the encrypted Ted files to game, without any error, but without any effect too.

Reimporting the Ted to @SMcCutcheon tool, it seems, that database wise it is fixed, but the fix has no effect in game. I mean in tool the fixed player does not have the Live Update flag, but the same player in edit mode of PES appears as added via Live Update.

Τhanx pal. The worst part is that KONAMI caused it, so they are responsible to fix it, which they ignore. It is a matter of 30 minutes of work for them, damn.. :(

The even worse is that the bug created an invisible firewall in game data. Although I extracted some "infected" teams, edited them with @SMcCutcheon tool and fixed them, I unticked the Live Update flag from where it was not intended, and reimported the encrypted Ted files to game, without any error, but without any effect too.

Reimporting the Ted to @SMcCutcheon tool, it seems, that database wise it is fixed, but the fix has no effect in game. I mean in tool the fixed player does not have the Live Update flag, but the same player in edit mode of PES appears as added via Live Update.
I fear they are not going to hear you or anyone as they are "focus" on pes 2022, even my graphic bug with posters was ignored too

Why after 8 data pack updates is the transfer list and loan system in pes20 master league still broken? In previous versions listed players could be purchased for around or below their value, hence the reason they are listed but it is very annoying despite what club you are you cannot buy 90% of the listed players without offering well over the listed price. With the gameplay of pes21 being 99% the same as pes 20 meaning very little penalty and freekick action i don't think i can play master league again if as expected they have not fixed this transfer issue!

How do you play the Vanilla version of Pes? I have the disc version. Disconnect from the internet I assume but what happens when you put the internet of your PS4 back on?

How do you play the Vanilla version of Pes? I have the disc version. Disconnect from the internet I assume but what happens when you put the internet of your PS4 back on?

It will keep restarting the download. You have to keep pausing the update every time you launch the game.

Why after 8 data pack updates is the transfer list and loan system in pes20 master league still broken? In previous versions listed players could be purchased for around or below their value, hence the reason they are listed but it is very annoying despite what club you are you cannot buy 90% of the listed players without offering well over the listed price. With the gameplay of pes21 being 99% the same as pes 20 meaning very little penalty and freekick action i don't think i can play master league again if as expected they have not fixed this transfer issue!
Everything in transfer market of ML is broken this year regarding player values.
Even the realistic transferMarkt database becomes broken after one season.

I assume that as they try to make things more "complicated" and they DO NOT PLAY TEST the game at all, they try to keep the different variables as simple and dump as possible, in order to avoid future inconsistencies and fixes.
IE the release clause/fee started as a new feature in PES2018. If you examine it through 18->19->20, every new year it becomes more rigid and stupid year after year.

Basically KONAMI is the one, or one of few developers as far as I remember, that has this charisma, to implement a new mechanism and make it work almost 98% in first shot and in the next versions, while it should only improve, they achieve the impossible to make it more broken!!!
Examples are many: the TS, the Club owner trust and season objectives, the player prices, the release clause, the youth academy, the player interaction, the League ranking..

It is like you are an inventor and in your first step you build an airplane and in you second step you build an airplane that can't fly!!

Last edited:
currently listening to the latest PESuniverse podcast. PESEP is a guest.

even he's focused on myclub a lot, and i dont play that, i know who he is and what he does. always thought he'd be totally different minded but while listening to what he says in the podcast i dont think thats true. he said some nice and plausible things about the whole 2020 package in comparison to prior games... very interesting. i might need to "emtpy some drawers" in my head (where i somtimes put people).

one thing i totally agree on with him is the tendency or natural behaviour of people critizing! i needed to learn to "fight" that too... and still am... life is a long journey ya know ;) ...but i think he's right here more than anything. never thought of him having that spirit and still doing his myclub channel to this extent and with so much passion (and he's quite HUGE)! :)
always thought he'd be 100% "blind" fanatic myclub supporter for the sake of running a channel and pushing numbers (sure, love for the game as well). i admit, my view on things was wrong (guess the drawer analogy nails it).

i can highly recommend lending that latest podcast an ear... aaahhh... make it two! :)

https://soundcloud.com/pesuniverse-podcasts

Last edited:

It must be 2 files.

check you pm section mate!
tenor.gif

sorry this took a while.

edit: ...deleted the whole "mess" ;) , having a beer on the sunny balcony now while the disc is installing again! cheers... and then its Bayern vs ManUnited!! :D 20 min fuma vanilla action!:LOVE:

Edit: 35 min into the first half... and I like it again. Played the same fixture with DP8 before... if anyone can’t spot the differences... well, we’re not talking on the same level or my sensibility is way to high. :D
Edit2: I am really liking the vanilla for what it is. Just a sandbox playground with some teams and stadiums to me. But the player and ball movement I just love (compared to other 2020 versions).
Edit3: lost it 1:2 with 4:7 fouls and around 10:6 big chances in goal. I take that defeat... will be back. :)

Last edited:
Tackling on this game is frustrating, dude. X Button its almost an automatic foul button, I never use It but my players seems that are running on sinking sand after knocking the ball off the opponent.

If I ever needed a video to showcase why I believe PES 2020 is a terrible game, I'd choose the first 1:30 of this one. Sums it up perfectly.

Tackling on this game is frustrating, dude. X Button its almost an automatic foul button, I never use It but my players seems that are running on sinking sand after knocking the ball off the opponent.

Showcases pretty well how braindead the AI awareness of the ball is. Gosh, how could they screw it up so badly this year on this department?

Showcases pretty well how braindead the AI awareness of the ball is. Gosh, how could they screw it up so badly this year on this department?
It's not new to '20. This has been a problem for years.

In the 'old' days the games actually evolved with lots & lots of minor changes and fixes. Now it's all about that 1 or 2 big gimmick eg. last yrs right stick mechanics. All that development time used to change something that didn't need changed, and to also make it worse & and less enjoyable to use.

Just like some decisions made with menu's & the tactic screen UI. It's like they change it for the sake of change, all the while forgetting to simply ask 'Is this more user friendly?'

Think of what would make the game better than last year... then do the opposite.
I was gonna joke that's their new motto, but tbf it's not really new.

-Does this change improve gameplay?
No, it makes it worse and will take forever.
-Implement it!

-Are these gameplay bugs fixable?
Yes
-Great, it's a 3yr plan. Focus on faces & more microtransactions for now. We'll get to them yr 3 maybe. Hopefully those stupid customers will forget by then.

I reinstalled the demo from my PS4 library. Although the matches are 5 minutes-locked, game looks more responsive. Even the Iniesta R-stick BS dribbling feels more effective. Player awareness seems better too. At general everything feels more in control of your gamepad..

I finally found some short solution, after many thoughts and discussions and some trials.
I finally fixed PES2020 and can edit players again, with a little workaround. So I can stay away from 2021update BS, for the next year. And also enjoy my favorite part in pes. Do the summer transfers in a previous database and be as creative as I like, without any PES update in danger of mess things out.

Many thanks to @Antonio Gonzalez , @PesBuck , for the tips and thoughts here and on pesgaming, and to @PRO_TOO for being helpful and share with me his disc version files, although it seems I cannot use them, they are binded with ps account. But thanks for his effort and his positive energy.

So future plans, complete my OF which is 45% ready by now, do the summer transfers, import the MyClub Legends for offline use, But convert them to today's real life stats and age, like Beckham 2019 and Ronaldinho 2020.

Potential plans are, maybe mess a little more with @SMcCutcheon tool and maybe make some side by side videos, with the final VS demo gameplay..

I also noticed I have PES2019 and PES2018 demos in my library. Maybe I will check there too.

Thanks again people!! :)

I finally found some short solution, after many thoughts and discussions and some trials.
I finally fixed PES2020 and can edit players again, with a little workaround. So I can stay away from 2021update BS, for the next year. And also enjoy my favorite part in pes. Do the summer transfers in a previous database and be as creative as I like, without any PES update in danger of mess things out.

Many thanks to @Antonio Gonzalez , @PesBuck , for the tips and thoughts here and on pesgaming, and to @PRO_TOO for being helpful and share with me his disc version files, although it seems I cannot use them, they are binded with ps account. But thanks for his effort and his positive energy.

So future plans, complete my OF which is 45% ready by now, do the summer transfers, import the MyClub Legends for offline use, But convert them to today's real life stats and age, like Beckham 2019 and Ronaldinho 2020.

Potential plans are, maybe mess a little more with @SMcCutcheon tool and maybe make some side by side videos, with the final VS demo gameplay..

I also noticed I have PES2019 and PES2018 demos in my library. Maybe I will check there too.

Konami has not responded you right?

I DL Pes 20/18/17 demo a few days back,both 20 and 18 plays so good,17 acctually got better when it got released (and few patches in)
Never bothered with 19 since I remember it being shite as a demo

I DL Pes 20/18/17 demo a few days back,both 20 and 18 plays so good,17 acctually got better when it got released (and few patches in)
Never bothered with 19 since I remember it being shite as a demo
20 got better with patched until for some reason it did a 360 and dropped off a cliff. i remember liking every patch up to and including 1.04. After that it just got progressively worse

Konami has not responded you right?
Their last message concluded that they understood my "request" and that they forwarded to the appropriate team, and that they will come back when they have news on this.

But given the timing it happened, two months before new PES2021 update release, and that the last mail was on 23July, more than a month ago, I believe that they will never come back on this :P

It took me an afternoon to understand what's happening with the bug, being only an average Joe and using two fourth party tools. I can't believe that a development team with all the devs kit and tools, needs more than a working day to fix it, maximum.

Also for a second time I realized, that trying to give feedback to KONAMI support via email, is tougher than training to transform to Super Saiyan Jin for the first time.. :)

I needed 7 messages with replies and edit my YouTube videos to dumped down quality, to fit in Gmail!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827_155906_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827_155906_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 23
After played a lot, almost snap my PES disk in half, I think that this game is not that bad imo. The problema is this f...cheating on hightest difficulties. Playing on FUMA, you can avoid the bad passing and shooting scripts but, you still have to deal with that very bad referring, CPU players with force field around them, bad tackling animations selection resulting on silly fouls and your own Team playing against you. Your players fakes a run, you pass into the space then the mofo stops running. Players ignoring the ball and etc etc. Its not a bug If this happens on higher difficulties more often. Its a bad way to make the game harder.

But, I still affirm, goal scoring feeling is great, passing on Full manual too. When things clicks in the attack, the game feels very satisfying to play imo.

Its a matter of balance the game difficulty, get rid of this f..... handcap system and make the stats really count on the pitch. Make the teams miss some important player that get injury in example. Make things a little more complex. Today is like, Barcelona is Barcelona no matter the starting line up. Stats dont matter on these games. Its Just a gimmick (its right to use this word "gimmick"?)

PS: Forgot tô mention the Very bad player selecting on manual passing. The game always select the furthest player from the ball. Its abysmal!

Last edited:
After played a lot, almost snap my PES disk in half, I think that this game is not that bad imo. The problema is this f...cheating on hightest difficulties. Playing on FUMA, you can avoid the bad passing and shooting scripts but, you still have to deal with that very bad referring, CPU players with force field around them, bad tackling animations selection resulting on silly fouls and your own Team playing against you. Your players fakes a run, you pass into the space then the mofo stops running. Players ignoring the ball and etc etc. Its not a bug If this happens on higher difficulties more often. Its a bad way to make the game harder.

But, I still affirm, goal scoring feeling is great, passing on Full manual too. When things clicks in the attack, the game feels very satisfying to play imo.

Its a matter of balance the game difficulty, get rid of this f..... handcap system and make the stats really count on the pitch. Make the teams miss some important player that get injury in example. Make things a little more complex. Today is like, Barcelona is Barcelona no matter the starting line up. Stats dont matter on these games. Its Just a gimmick (its right to use this word "gimmick"?)

Can i ask you? I check your YouTube videos and the graphics look much superior than mine. Do you use 4K or HDR or whatever?

PS: Forgot tô mention the Very bad player selecting on manual passing. The game always select the furthest player from the ball. Its abysmal!

This feels like the first game where cheating is obvious and insane on both CPU and on your own players

Back
Top Bottom