eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Unfortunatelly KONAMI has tried so many different BS system after PES 6, that i really praise god for the current day stats presentation, even with OPR and the hexagon.

Do you remember PES 2009 and 2010 stas pages with squares in the gameplan and OPRs, or the 2011 hexagons that were so small, almost impossible to see the differences, all hexagons looked the same, or the PES 2012 shit system with A,B,C,D,E ratings in groups of stats, or the PES 2015 TEC-SPE-PHY presentation, that was a copy-paste from their facebook app-game PES association football.
At least today and since PES 2016 the hexagons are clear to spot differences on-the-fly. Although i hate the current day values hexagons. I mean passing and shooting? I prefer the values in the hexagon as they were back in PS2-era, in your screenshot, ATTACK-TEC-STAM-DEF-BAL-SPE and it is all clear.

BTW have you seen the MyClub presentation stats, since 2020, not in gameplan though, with the cycles, the bubbles and the gauges as if players were racing cars!!! :P :P Even MyClub people shitted on that presentation.

hahah you gave me a good laugh remembering how shit it has been, particularly 2012 and MyClub

yes, i agree.. PS2 era hexagon values are the best for sure

Seems to have surprisingly heavy traffic though. The master league topic exclusivly for PES 2020 only, seems to have more than 2K replies. Did not know that PES is is famous in Italy.

Basically regarding ML, it seems as Italy has more active members, as percentage in only one country, really amazing.

The other interesting is, i learned that "svincolati" means "free agent"!! :P :)

Pes it's actually one of the most famous games around here :) (probably THE most famous one togheter with Fifa, although it's more a perception, I could be wrong in the absolute). It used to be so damn popular among players (especially in the Psx/Ps2 era) that with the years it kinda entered in the collective imagination, even tons and tons of people not playing knows about it and sometimes use it as a reference for jokes about real football.

And yes, there is a good number of healthy communities indeed, some even hardcore and "purist" as we are here :) .

Just a thought... has anyone ever tried comparing a PS4 wired controller vs wireless controller in PES? i know some games do support the wired low latency feature. I’m just curious.

Seems to have surprisingly heavy traffic though. The master league topic exclusivly for PES 2020 only, seems to have more than 2K replies. Did not know that PES is is famous in Italy.

Basically regarding ML, it seems as Italy has more active members, as percentage in only one country, really amazing.

The other interesting is, i learned that "svincolati" means "free agent"!! :P :)
After having Italian commentary on since Pes 15,I'm fluid in n Italian...

After having Italian commentary on since Pes 15,I'm fluid in n Italian...
I love spanish commentary and used it for years in PES6, but in new games unfortunatelly the player callnames database is a different package per language. So i sticked to Greek comentary, although it is terrible.

I love spanish commentary and used it for years in PES6, but in new games unfortunatelly the player callnames database is a different package per language. So i sticked to Greek comentary, although it is terrible.
I can imagine if you have your own language it sounds shit,unless it's English,since it's the original package.

Used Spanish on Pes 15

i mostly use Japanese commentary, then Argentinian spanish.. i believe those are the most lively.
English in PES is just dreadful as well as Mexican spanish

another thought. imagine the following: you select your stadium before you enter the match and the commentary is bound to the stadium (where its located). or the commentary would change to the appropriate language of the home team selected. or even better: give an option so set the commentary before you enter the match (in general settings)! cant be that hard!!
how many times i wanted to change the commentary real quick and in the end i was to lazy to get out of the menus and into settings and back to the match screen. if i would do that every time i want to set the perfect commentary for a match i'd be spending more time in the menus than playing the game! ;)

another thought. imagine the following: you select your stadium before you enter the match and the commentary is bound to the stadium (where its located). or the commentary would change to the appropriate language of the home team selected. or even better: give an option so set the commentary before you enter the match (in general settings)! cant be that hard!!
how many times i wanted to change the commentary real quick and in the end i was to lazy to get out of the menus and into settings and back to the mat

exactly, it shouldn't be that hard.
there should be some sort of customizable interface in the pre match screen so you can change the things you like the most..
not having to enter 4 or 5 different menus for all that..

and i also can relate to the leaving the commentary since im not bothered to go back to the main menu feeling

jesus christ, i do basic system engineering/automation for a living and i just think of many small details on PES that would improve the experience.
Not talking of course on gamplay but on presentation: menus, match/season/historic stats, player stats visualization, etc

I mean im happy with the gameplay and graphics but why would they half ass the presentation? It is just the easiest bit!

So after a good save with Pisa, Extremadura and Arsenal, did some major edits and trasfer updates and restarted a new ML in this one.

Struggled if i should go On Superstar or TopPlayer. From what i've seen until now the scripting is in the same intense but with less quantity in handicapped games. So i picked TopPlayer, knowing that games will be less "challenging" but more free. I really do not like the way Superstar level handicaps my players. So i stay with TopPlayer, where mostly scripted matches are opponents players becoming supermen for a while.

My pending goal is still the same, win the continental trophy in each region, EU, LATAM, ASIA and win a FIFA Club World Cup final.

Also due to injected and "converted to today" Legends, i have some type of sidequest, create a team formed by regens of players of Arsenal of period 2004-2010. As my database is now, i can complete a 2003-2004-2005 starting XI. I am only missing Kolo Toure, a Goalkeeper, Lauren. MARTIN KEOWN is excluded cause he is 54 years old, he goes over 50 which is the PES maximum allowed. For example now i am in my 3rd season in Paris FC and i have regen of T. Henry , 16yo rated 66OPR, which means he was a succesfull convertion when i created him as a 42 year old veteran.

Starting from the begining, sooner or later i will post a video of how i lost the FIFA Club WC final in my last save with Extremadura.

Going in the current save, i started with ML defaults in PEU league, being a mix of Bundesliga-Greek League-Cyprus league. Still suffering from the KONAMI inability to let us create 2~3 additional fake leagues. :(

On January of 2020, i moved to the last team of Eredivisie, Fortuna Sittard, having only 10 points, 2W-4D-11L. We went decent, finished 10th. Second season, with some good regens added, we finished 1st, won both the LEague and the Cup. I tried and it seed that i would achieve an undefeated season, had zero looses until April, only wins and some draws. I started to think about, if i need to move from TopPlayer to Superstar. The adaptive difficulty convinced me , that i do not need to worry. EMMEN came to end my invincible season, with a "scripted" game, that i needed in order to stay on TopPlayer.

Third season in Fortuna Sittard, the adaptive AI continued, did some defeats this time in Eredivisie and in CL group, i had 1 draw VS Bayern and 2 Looses again the other 2 of the group. I would like to make Fortuna something bigger, but the combination of dullnes in PES, where even the licensed leagues do not have the whistles and bells to spice things up, combined with the lack of motivation, as i manage Fortuna Sittard also in my FIFA 2020 switch CM, which FIFA gives the extra whistles & bells in Eredivisie, with TV scoreboards being different, do not know if they are the official, but even the case that they vary from other leagues, makes sweeter the eye!

So i simmed the season up to January of 2022 and was between Leeds United (EFL) and Paris FC (Ligue 2). I have promoted both teams in previous ML saves, so i picked the "full package", Paris FC in the fully licendes Ligue 2 & 1. No big things, just the watermark and the material-visible trophy.

Sold almost 50% of the squad, brought some regens and free agents, due to limited budget. Grabbed some T. Henry regen, who is low rated, in comparison to OP official regens of PES database, and "cheated" a little bit by grabbing the Free Agent regen of V. Kompany. I boosted the team from below 14th position to the first 7, i do not know if we can promote this season, as we were -20 points behind the promotion spots, when i signed to team.

I will try to win the FIFA Club World Cup in Paris FC and maybe if i have enough budget, to form the Classic Arsenal Squad, here in Paris. From my scouting, Hleb, Reyes, Gilberto Silva, Sagna, S.Campbell, Pires, Arteta, Rosicky have been regenarated by now, although most of them have more than 12mil € release fees, while my budget varies from 1 to 6 million €.

Last edited:
Here i am again, alone in an empty void ML world. Finished my 3rd, season in Paris, 4th position, lost the promotion . TopPLAYER hit me again, i started wondering if the game is "too easy" or un-rewarding.

Returned to Superstar, Unfortunatelly for the 100th or 1000th time in history, i realised that Superstar just plain nerfs my teams players. It is almost as flat as it was in TopPlayer, just my player have much heavier reactions, basically it is like my gamepad wieghts 5kgs suddenly. The results are still wins for me.

I won the 2022 World Cup with Greece. I had difficult time in group stage, as i advanced with 1W-1D-1L, here i have to say Superstar was OK-ish.

Then on kncok-ouy stage, the script switch vanished, the SIM RNG went crazy in the other CPU knockout matches and i beated 4-1 against Argentinta on 16stage, 2-0 Cameroon on Quarter Final, 3-2 Portugal on semifinal and 4-2 Sweden in Final.

All in all, and in order to keep it short, Superstar just makes my players move in mud and makes me a more sad player. If i stay focused, spam mostly passes with :x: and play in squares and triangles, you can win almost every match, no matter the team, the stats do not matter so much eitherway in SS. i just strips off the imagination of the game.

Especially if you contain CPU in its 99% playstyle, which is pass to a player behind them, hoof the pass to the CPU-CF, with lob or straight rigid low pass, pivot and shoot, then you have no danger, there is not a lot individuality. In the match against Argentina my L. Koutris sweeped Messi from the field. No CPU dangerous dribbling, no smart plays, nothing. CPU just passes back, L1+Δ to the CF and shoot.

Unfortunatelly in Ligue 2 in my 2nd season, tried again TopPlayer and the result was 6-2 for me. So Superstart seems an only-one-way by now.

I repeat, Superstart does not even boost CPU players, it just shreads our players stats. It just makes me sad and one-dimensional.

Ι uploaded finally the so many times mentioned FIFA Club World Cup Final, on Superstar, Master League with Extremadura.

SInce i know it is boring to watching full matches of other user playing, i've made a quick timeline of match milestones.

2:23 - First lost chance

3:32 - Goal for our team, offside though (call the VAR please!! :P )

4:00 - lost chance , tried to score with :l1:+:triangle:

4:52 - CPU elbow in my face, no foul, no penalty of course

6:06 - CPU gets a questionable free kick, my goalkeeper is out of screen view, the wall divides like the Red Sea instead of jump, CPU scores for 0-1.

8:49 -Another lost chance

12:45 - Very bad moment. I pass to my CF and i want him to pass to my LWF, he ingores the ball, but stays with the cursor locked on him, after i fight my gamepad, the cursor goes to the player i want, but i lost my concetration and i press pass again instead of shoot. Actually it was a blackout moment.

14:03 - Bad pass that destroys the attack, 50% blame to PA1 , 50% blame on me that i did not tried to pass with manual pass :l2: It went to other player, than the one i intended to, i want the one below the penalty spot, not the other coming from behind.

From there and up to end, i was just ungry and with no focus.

15:39 - The End.

Just wondering does player height matter more for a CB than jumping and header stats? Because I have a tall CB (192cm) and a short CB (184cm), but the short CB has better jump and header stats. However if you look at competition statistics in master league my tall CB wins much more aerial duels (65% vs 53%). Also feels like he always win headers compared to my other CB who seems to lose a lot. So im better off ignoring these stats in favour of height for CB's?

Small buggy update.
When you receive the World Best manager Award, you don't receive neither cinematic nor message notification, you have to go check it yourself!

Attachments

• 16055326949968412626433222673866.jpg
    16055326949968412626433222673866.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 16055327200628287923005494046017.jpg
    16055327200628287923005494046017.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
6:06 - CPU gets a questionable free kick, my goalkeeper is out of screen view, the wall divides like the Red Sea instead of jump, CPU scores for 0-1.

to avoid being scored on a FK, select a player on the wall and jump just as the ball is about to be kicked.
it works 95% of the times vs human or AI

Just wondering does player height matter more for a CB than jumping and header stats? Because I have a tall CB (192cm) and a short CB (184cm), but the short CB has better jump and header stats. However if you look at competition statistics in master league my tall CB wins much more aerial duels (65% vs 53%). Also feels like he always win headers compared to my other CB who seems to lose a lot. So im better off ignoring these stats in favour of height for CB's?

check if they have the Heading trait, as wel as Intercepting/Marking.. i believe those matter

Paris FC, being 3rd in Ligue 2 on January. Point blank from Promotion positions.

After setting game permanent to Superstar, I have seen many epic battles.

The problem is, they are not epic battles VS other teams, but epic battles I am fighting against my own gamepad.

Except for the usual PES cheating, like Grenoble stacking only one touch rocket passes, which is old news, ahead with other old staff, that we live with them in ML, I fell in love with this PES2020 new feature, players being unresponsive even when they are under cursor-control.

I don't know if I am playing something wrong here, but I am sure that if I keep on all the next year, I will need new Dualshock very soon, cause my left stick can't yet handle the pressure.

In other news, Com teams are a little bit more cheaty and resistant, but no big deal in comparison to Top Player.

The sudden unresponsive situation is the big deal here. I am not playing ML football mode now. I am playing clearly against a machine.

Furthermore the referee being biased, has gone in an other level when Superstar CPU is defending. I can't even call it Madden, Rugby, WWE, etc.

And it is obviously intended, not bad coding excuses. Of course there is bad collision detection, but this is an other topic.
It converts the game to Dragon Ball battlefield.
Only in favor of CPU of course. My slightest touch is been called foul still.

Finished my season with Paris FC, 2nd placed, got promotion. Superstar permanent.

We had our good moments during season, some 5~7 winning streaks.

In the last turn of the season there was a smell of Good Old PES master league, as we were 4 points behind the first Niort and we would face them in the last matchday of the season. A nice climax.

Problem is it finally smelled only new handicapped ML. We did a draw, OK we lost the title challenge. But from the spot that we needed only 3 points to secure promotion, we achieved only 0-0 draws and 0-1 defeats.

We finally promoted due to our +11 safety from the previous season performance , but until promotion was secured, we suffered every game no matter if it was Brest, Boulogne, Bursuasie, the village of Asterix, or Barcelona.

Last edited:
I am editing some content on my current ML adventure with Paris FC, most videos are bad moments to be honest.

First video although the pass was bad to be accurate, my superfast regened player Orlando Berrio ,possibly suffered a sudden heart attack??!!!

Here, a CF from a bottom-table COM team in the Ligue1, Nolan Roux scoring a world class goal, despite his decline, after 4 seasons, being 69-rated.

And after being defeated by the last team of the table, hands down, we won the 1st team, PSG in the Paris derby match, cause that's life :P:LMAO:(on Superstar)!!!

Our current position and roster, in the end f the 1st round. January 2024, 6th position, not bad at all fr a newcomers team, but it is so fragile, we are always 2~3 scripted matches away from hitting rock-bottom again!

Also most matches on superstar are boring and stripped from any freedom and creativity. It is like doing a job ,most of the time! :(
I mean even if the outcome seems challenging and rewarding, the playstyle is very limited :(

Among various changes i tried on Master League on Superstar level, one was go from PA1 to PA0 and another one was game duration from 10 minutes to 15 minutes with PA1.
Just for clarification, i am not a hard believer of such changes, have a constant better effect.
But to be honest between the two changes , what i saw that tamed a little bit the AI and had more impact to how COM team plays, was the duration to 15 minutes, as many people have suggested in the past. It is like the AI in 10 minutes has a compressed script package and rushes to play them all . In 15 minutes, midfield in again absent, but at least the time and space of play in 1st and 3rd third of the pitch is more clear.

I need more matches to have safer results though.

Last edited:
And here is the Superstar controversy , after a struggling draw , 1-1 against Nimes the last/worst last team of the table
mg5Z15z.jpg

I won 0-4 PSG in the French Cup semi-final, in a match that my players were hyper-responsive.
N3tTnWC.jpg

And here is the Superstar controversy , after a struggling draw , 1-1 against Nimes the last/worst last team of the table
mg5Z15z.jpg

I won 0-4 PSG in the French Cup semi-final, in a match that my players were hyper-responsive.
N3tTnWC.jpg
Same in the other game, weirdly. But possibly for different reasons. Better teams leave so much space in both games, but usually you're prevented from taking advantage of this in PES by your players being plagued by unresponsiveness etc...

Has anyone experienced a bug in Master League, where one or two seasons in scouting completely stops working? As in literally no new scouting reports ever, the players dont drop off your scouting lists it just stops completely.

For anyone that thinks it might be my scout settings where the scouts cant find any players, its definitely not, because you get a message saying the scout can't find any players. I have received no messages about scouting whatsoever for full season. My scouting regions were set from the start as worldwide, still developing, and one for forwards, one midfielders and one defenders. You always get players scouted with those settings. First 2-3 seasons constantly get new scouted players every few weeks and scouted players I didn't buy would drop off the list. Then all of a sudden 3-4 seasons in, nothing. No new new scouted players, no messages that scouts can't find any players, and the last scouted players have stayed on my list the whole season when they should be dropping off if I don't buy them. Is this a known bug?

Same in the other game, weirdly. But possibly for different reasons. Better teams leave so much space in both games, but usually you're prevented from taking advantage of this in PES by your players being plagued by unresponsiveness etc...

That's almost certainly part of the reason but PES often does some crap rubber-banding to boost teams whose stats are way lower than yours -

eg. every year, I create a team where every player has stats of all 40, ie. so the players literally could not be worse. When I play a a match as the all-40 team against the all-40 team, you can really feel the lower stats affecting both teams. But when I play as say a 4-star team against the all-40 team, the all-40 team will suddenly be much faster, laser-guided bullet passing, super-reactive defenders, goalkeeper pulling off unbelievable saves, etc, the usual PES garbage. They've obviously been boosted to try and even out the contest.

This is one area that PES utterly fails - it's inability to adhere to stats, make top teams hardest to play against and weak teams easiest to play against, and insistence on manipulating things for the sake of some "excitement" narrative. Seabass used to talk about this back in the day and their crude implementation of this has been ruining the game for the past 15 years. I fully expect to see the same crap in the next-gen version.

Has anyone experienced a bug in Master League, where one or two seasons in scouting completely stops working? As in literally no new scouting reports ever, the players dont drop off your scouting lists it just stops completely.

For anyone that thinks it might be my scout settings where the scouts cant find any players, its definitely not, because you get a message saying the scout can't find any players. I have received no messages about scouting whatsoever for full season. My scouting regions were set from the start as worldwide, still developing, and one for forwards, one midfielders and one defenders. You always get players scouted with those settings. First 2-3 seasons constantly get new scouted players every few weeks and scouted players I didn't buy would drop off the list. Then all of a sudden 3-4 seasons in, nothing. No new new scouted players, no messages that scouts can't find any players, and the last scouted players have stayed on my list the whole season when they should be dropping off if I don't buy them. Is this a known bug?
I wouldn't say a known bug. If you have not run out of budget, if you have not set the first setting to "bolder roster weak spots" then maybe you triggered some kind of loop. Try to reassign scouters and delete the old listed players.

My first scout glitched and gives me only GKs, although it has past 4 seasons.

If it is a bug needing a fix, I would bet a 1,000,000€ THAT KONAMI would never bother to fix such a thing. MyClub and Matchday is the only focus, unfortunately. I really highly doubt they even remember that there are scouts in ML.

Back
Top Bottom