eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Guys. I just found out the following (because I never did it before :D ).
So it’s fuma as always and you know I love all kinds of crosses. Lobbed ones. Regular ones and especially “L1” ;) ! When I attack from the sides I sometimes use double pressing the cross button to hammer in a low hard cross in hope it reaches my forwards or gets deflected by the opponent.
But today I did that during regular midfield play and it resulted in a wonderful driven low cross. :APPLAUD: I knew these from the other game but never did them in PES. IM SO HAPPY to have found another weapon! For me that was new or I just was too stupid to use it. :D
Like I found out about double pressing X for shorter headers and passes, trying to use that on the pitch; tonight it’s all about working that new tool to success. :D

Man, that game can shine!! :LOVE:

VIVA LA FULL MANUAL!!! :EASY:

Edit: And it looks nice as well!

Anyone felt game is slower "weightier" with today's patch?
100% yes, didn't want to day anything as people say placebo but that is certainly my experience. I think games are tighter and more physical too. First leg in my cup game I win 3-2 and it was end to end pre Patch. The away leg post patch the AI was mixing it up, all over me I hardly created anything and felt like no space but I really enjoyed it.. Finished 0-0 so in quarters against arsenal.. Saw some crazy attempted passes by the AI too that went well astray

Guys. I just found out the following (because I never did it before :D ).
So it’s fuma as always and you know I love all kinds of crosses. Lobbed ones. Regular ones and especially “L1” ;) ! When I attack from the sides I sometimes use double pressing the cross button to hammer in a low hard cross in hope it reaches my forwards or gets deflected by the opponent.
But today I did that during regular midfield play and it resulted in a wonderful driven low cross. :APPLAUD: I knew these from the other game but never did them in PES. IM SO HAPPY to have found another weapon! For me that was new or I just was too stupid to use it. :D
Like I found out about double pressing X for shorter headers and passes, trying to use that on the pitch; tonight it’s all about working that new tool to success. :D

Man, that game can shine!! :LOVE:

VIVA LA FULL MANUAL!!! :EASY:

Edit: And it looks nice as well!
What do you mean by "during regular midfield play"?

Got any video?

What do you mean by "during regular midfield play"?

Got any video?
Just playing on the whole pitch not only using it to hammer the ball low into the pen area when being on the side (pen height)!
I thought this only worked near pen area like early crosses used to work only there.
I can make a video for you if you want, no problem.

I've been playing the lite version and I'm really enjoying the game now, It's a complete different game from the first patch, I'm really considering buying the game again to play Master League, MyClub it's been a nice surprise but my internet connection is crap so it's impossible to play.

Hey guys been active on forums last week or so but realise I don't really have anything to say, you guys go deep and I just don't really know how to take part in most of the conversations so I'm going back to read mode forever.

Thank you all for being decent blokes or girls if any, take care.

Anyone with tips how to connect headers? Ive scored on 2% of my crosses.

Played yesterday plainly ML as I wanted to rebuild a squad. Unfortunately I think Ill have to try regular league again. Same scripting and I dont know if it was the update or just because it was ML, but now the AI was just pass, shield, pass, shield, pass, shield, lose the ball near my box. Rinse and repeat until they scored a goal in that way.

make a quick vid please, I'd like to see
So here we go, @chiefrocka4real and hitmanuk!

First cross is a regular high cross pressing the cross button once.
Second one is a lobbed high cross with R2 and cross button once.
Third one is a low faster paced high cross with L1 and cross button once (this one is used for early crosses into the pen area as well).
Then follows the hard driven low cross a couple of times with L1 and cross button twice (quick).

As I said, I used this only to smack in those balls when on the sides and looking for a deflection in the pen area.

So here we go, @chiefrocka4real and hitmanuk!

First cross is a regular high cross pressing the cross button once.
Second one is a lobbed high cross with R2 and cross button once.
Third one is a low faster paced high cross with L1 and cross button once (this one is used for early crosses into the pen area as well).
Then follows the hard driven low cross a couple of times with L1 and cross button twice (quick).

As I said, I used this only to smack in those balls when on the sides and looking for a deflection in the pen area.

Nice.. whilst try to do this before your vid I forgot about shoot dummy through ball and cross dummy through ball.... Look so good

Nice.. whilst try to do this before your vid I forgot about shoot dummy through ball and cross dummy through ball.... Look so good
Yeah. Did a couple of shoot dummy throughs but I forget about new controls all the time. :) I get sucked in too hard! :LOL:

This game! :D

Edit: we had that topic before. People fall for habits. I’m no different.

Just tried the new patch on PS4. I am noticing some really subtle but big impact changes.
It seems like the AI response time on defense has been slow downed for both player and AI, in a very positive way.
Before the patch the AI would respond almost instantaneous as if they are reading ahead before possession switch hands, resulting in instant counter attack.
Now they seem like they only react after the ball has been claimed, meaning that transitions are much more realistic.

I also see much better response to loose balls. Where as before it seems like the whole team would come to a stop when there is a loose ball, now you see AI teammates continue their attacking movements even when it is not yet clear who claims the loose ball.

Also noticed that terrible animation where you do a through pass but it hits the backheel of your intended receiver and the ball bounces away changed a bit. The same animation still occurs, but the ball doesn't bounce so far away, giving you a chance to claim it where as before it is 100% turned over.

More time is needed to confirm, but I notice CPU passing accuracy being lowered a bit, so those long ground passes going straight through the midfield to the striker succeeding less frequently. Also it seems like effect of player momentum is more prominent than before, meaning that it takes longer to change directions from a sprint, effectively making counter attacking play more threatening as the defender can't recover as fast from a bad position.

Overall, very very positive initial impression. Looking forward to playing more.
Yeah, they fine tuned the AI, imo!
AI finishes aren’t that lethal anymore. Keepers respond better to that. The flow in those situations is better. They do score lethal when there is space and time but take their time to turn.
It looks and plays more organic on both sides.

I see the AI doing more trickery stuff. But sure it could be more. Mostly it’s one trick next to the/in the pen area.

I agree, it surely ain’t getting worse with every update! Quite the opposite.
:D

Next up is a pretty important match for Sevilla vs. Feyenoord. It’s about winning and going to the ko stage for both teams. :)

Last edited:
I' m really struggling here. Its been days since I win a match on superstar with ease.:((

Best football game to date in years anyway.

Anyone with tips how to connect headers? Ive scored on 2% of my crosses.

Played yesterday plainly ML as I wanted to rebuild a squad. Unfortunately I think Ill have to try regular league again. Same scripting and I dont know if it was the update or just because it was ML, but now the AI was just pass, shield, pass, shield, pass, shield, lose the ball near my box. Rinse and repeat until they scored a goal in that way.

Try „early cross“ L1 and circle, you can do it from anywhere on the pitch, if you use assisted it’s going to go for the penalty spot. You best use someone with the crossing trait (off the top of my head Pavard and Odriozola are really good)

On corners I always had trouble until someone here told me to set it to far post then keep holding the stick up and fill the bar to about 3/4s. Someone from your team will run towards the cross and remain unmarked. Scored plenty of headers from this one.

I've said this before but I think I might genuinely be done with BAL.

ML just has fewer headaches. And I don't think I'm really missing that much in BAL feature wise other than choosing when I retire.

Whatever I'm missing won't outweigh the control I gain from playing in ML. The tactical and squad management decisions the AI makes are mind numbing at times.

It's really a shame. I hope there's a day when BAL gets the attention it really needs, but I doubt it'll ever happen because online is their main priority and ML will always be the priority over BAL.

I don't wanna have the extra responsibility of ML but if it means a better overall experience, I'll take it.

If you ain’t using, you loosing! ;)

It’s one of the features, next to the pressure mini game, I really like to use.
And i think it’s important to use it to unleash the full potential of the game.
Knowing your opponents strategy, read him, and knowing & using your own strategy to counter that is an important part for me too!
AND fuma...! :)

If all this would be taking away from me, a huge part of this game would be missing and I could not enjoy it as much (or at all). And imo, it wouldn't just lose a few funny aspects, it would lose an integral part of the game

#thisgamecanshine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom