eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

But Master League is not the main mode for people that dont play it and tbh i've never heard of master league being the main mode this is a first and ive been playing PES since the SNES days.

Im certainly not avoiding playing Master League coz it is broken.
I dont even know what to say to that. Of course its a main mode and it always was. Its like a "story mode" in any other game. Saying its not a main mode is like saying Red Dead Redemption storyline is not the main mode and the game is about riding around and killing rabbits. You can, obviously, play it however the hell you like, but saying Master League is not a main offline mode is pure bollox.

Yeah but this is a football title, Not everyone wants to play a story mode in a football title they just want to play football matches and exhibition has always been first or top in PES menu's. Now im not saying exhibition is the main mode i dont think PES has a main mode i think it just has different game modes.

Last edited:
I don't take anything personally :) . The thing is when i was 19,20 and ISS/ Early PES had ML thats all i played but having a family now i dont have the time to invest in the ML so there is no point even stating one. I know that when i buy it, I am fully aware when i buy it that i will play league and custom cup games or international cups. So it depends on how you judge the best football game ever made. For me it the enjoyment i get when i do play it regardless of what mode i am playing. The facts for me is it is the best football game on the pitch i have ever played with all of its faults as none of them are game breaking for me and i always get that one game more. I had bought it soley for ML and the way Konami set that up for the challenge then maybe i would feel differently. That being said if someone want to just play Exhibition games and enjoyed it and thought it was the best football game who cares? Its their money and their interpretation of the game.
Main reason I mentioned you was because I think a lot of arguments that I see here lately is due to ML players clashing with non-ML players. And both of you will experience the game in a very different way. Your matches will be fair, your dribbling might be more effective (as AI is not as scripted against you and your players are not handicapped), your foul count and fouls in general might be more fair. You (not you, you in general) should keep that in mind before you jump at someone. Both ways, obviously. And even all the clips, with 'proofs' on both sides might not be really showing the reality. So no point in arguing really.

...The facts for me is it is the best football game on the pitch i have ever played with all of its faults as none of them are game breaking for me and i always get that one game more....

THIS!
If it was totally awful on the pitch, I wouldn´t waste my time with this.
But it´s not. There is soooo much potential in it, which unfortunately isn´t used as it should be used.

But still....enjoyment is there....even in ML.
League Mode is fine too...that´s what I play when the game gets updated and the mods don´t work.

But I miss that team building, buying players stuff.

Just been catching up on the last few pages ........ this post is quite ignorant .......

San Siro doesnt have toxic yellow pitches or Old Trafford. The grass in the San Siro is very pale green not even a hint of yellow in it. Id suggest again you have your tv setup completely wrong going by that comment.

Your last comment is very odd, What game publishers care for and look out for all their customers?

Many of the pitches in PES20 at NIGHT TIME, have ugly off yellow tinted pitches where the lighting luxe colour palette is completely way off! That's not an opinion, thats fact.
Its also not due to my TV setup :LOL: Considering my 55" QLED 4k HDR10 tv is professionally calibrated and everything else including SkyQ, Netflix, and all other games look incredible on it.
I even had to turn HDR off on the PS4Pro when playing PES as the colour palette is so piss poor that recorded footage looked horrible.

PES

2LumWbs.png

Real Old Trafford

OT_matchday_HR-351533822579827.jpg

Last edited:
Just been catching up on the last few pages ........ this post is quite ignorant .......

Many of the pitches in PES20 at NIGHT TIME, have ugly off yellow tinted pitches where the lighting luxe colour palette is completely way off! That's not an opinion, thats fact.
Its also not due to my TV setup :LOL: Considering my 55" QLED 4k HDR10 tv is professionally calibrated and everything else including SkyQ, Netflix, and all other games look incredible on it.
I even had to turn HDR off on the PS4Pro when playing PES as the colour palette is so piss poor that recorded footage looked horrible.
I was starting to think maybe I'm colour blind because people say it's fine, maybe I'm not mad and if ever a choice I pick to play at night, that daytime glare is ott for my liking.

PES

2LumWbs.png

Real Old Trafford

That looks horrendous, Will see what my Old Trafford looks like at night later. If i was you i'd be using HDR it is far superior colourwise. Obvs you need to take a picture of the pitch with a camera thats capable of taking pics in HDR to upload. I'd be amazed if my game on my OLED looks anywhere near as bad as that but maybe i've not played Old Trafford at night.

Edit: Just jumped on, My Old Trafford at night is very green and i'd say much closer to real life than your PES screen. Uploading vid the now. It's a pity we cannot upload vids straight to the forum to stop Youtube compression.

Last edited:
Yeah the pitch colour is generally a damn nightmare, don't think there is many people arguing otherwise. I'd rather have them giving us a more vivid and maybe less realistic tone that seeing them pursuing a realism they can't clearly obtain. I mean look at that, it's horrible, looks like a second dvision team field in a 90ies television game.

That looks horrendous, Will see what my Old Trafford looks like at night later. If i was you i'd be using HDR it is far superior colourwise. Obvs you need to take a picture of the pitch with a camera thats capable of taking pics in HDR to upload. I'd be amazed if my game on my OLED looks anywhere near as bad as that but maybe i've not played Old Trafford at night.

@Aribo n Ojo I use HDR for everything else, just not PES as it handles it horrendously, detail is softened to the point of being abysmal, and when recording game footage on the PS4Pro with HDR on, it looks horrendous, oversaturated and washed out, it doesn't do it with any other game, just PES.

I mean look at that, it's horrible, looks like a second dvision team field in a 90ies television game.

And that's from a guy with calibrated HD TV PS4 pro the bells the whistles, spare a thought for this guy on a 5year old 24inch gaming monitor and standard Xbox :BORED:

@Aribo n Ojo I use HDR for everything else, just not PES as it handles it horrendously, detail is softened to the point of being abysmal, and when recording game footage on the PS4Pro with HDR on, it looks horrendous, oversaturated and washed out, it doesn't do it with any other game, just PES.

The PS4 doesnt record in HDR mate hence the washed out look. So we cannot record or take screens in HDR well you can but it ends up a mess. Happens with every game not just PES, Have a google. Xbox X you can record in HDR.

So heres the vid (best watch in 4k)

Your Screen
2LumWbs.png

My Screen
Screenshot 2019-12-18 16.57.40.png
Real Old Trafford
OT_matchday_HR-351533822579827.jpg

I will set up non HDR later tonight as you can see HDR on my TV looks nothing like what you are seeing.

Last edited:
yeah i disable it for PES too, also looked horrible on FIFA but other games looks really nice. Just washes out the screen and you lose detail.

How can anyone claim this is the best football game ever made and play only cups or exhibition (as they know that Master League is broken) is beyond me.
Something certainly doesn't need to be perfect to be the best ever. Flaws don't stop something being great. If certain people only want to play exhibition, than this might be the best game ever for them. ML issues don't ruin a game for people who don't play the master league. It all depends on what each individual values. I do play a lot of ML. I still think this is the best football game we've ever had (even with all its flaws), I do wish for a lot more though.

does look a bit yellowy in parts , certainly not like the real photo
But nothing like the screenshot posted. More in line with the real v game.

Seems far away goes a bit yellow'ish, Down to the antiscopic filtering? Infact im sure it is looking at it now. Something that should be able to be fixed nxt-gen with alot more power under the hood we should see 8x hopefully 16x AF applied.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the people who have bad pitches. But Idk, it may be an HDR/LED thing, I just have a regular cheap LCD TV from 2012 and my pitches look good. I guess it's different depending on tv.

@Negatrev I agree - it depends on what you play. I tried a few games online a couple months ago and it's abismal. Completely random super fast-paced whoever-gets-lucky type of nonsense. Nothing to do with the PES I know. So I understand if online gamers think the game sucks, for example.

I like the game a lot - much more than 18 and 19, which i thought were awesome at the time. These are my gripes:

1. Referee stuff (obviously), and too few penalities.

2. Strongest teams are not good and dominant enought in ML and League/Cup mode, weakest teams aren't bad enough. I find myself switching from "professional" to "top player" and "regular", respectively. But then it's even too hard and too easy. And predictable. This really sucks.

3. Dribbling is not powerful enough, demo was better.

4. PA1 should be more like fifa's "semi-assist" setting, in terms of direction guidance with ground passes. It's too rigid now. What's PA2 like?!

5. Cup and League mode: I should be able to control multiple teams with one controller.

6. Cup and League mode: I should be able to play just one or the other. If I want to play Copa del Rey only, why am I prevented from doing that? And a random draw option that doesn't populate the tournament with teams from all over the game, but rather produces random groups/match-ups for already chosen teams, ffs!

7. On that note, it's nonsense that matches can't be skipped quickly. If I only want play League (no cup, no Libertadores) I shouldn't be forced to sit there and sim unwanted matches in coach mode. Very annoying, time-consuming, and kills enthusiasm. Also, one needs the option to choose clubs for continental competition prior to season start.

8. The big one: in online friendly lobbies, let us use patches! I understand competetive modes not having it, but without patches some leagues, like Brazilian, are useless. I hate being forced to play with "update" squads when just playing a friend for fun. Also, said friend having to be on the same continent for us play each other is ridiculous. People who haven't dealt with it don't even believe me - that's how absurd it is.

9. The option to select where to apply the .ted when importing disappeared. That's a real pain for editors. Unacceptable.

10. Maybe this is a licensing problem, but if fifpro gives the right to use member players, where are English D3 and D4? D2 is there, so it must be a part of fifpro, so by extension D3/D4 are too, since they are part of the same structure as D2 - English Football League. Why not include them? It would be great for UK players and everyone else, too, because it would make for a tremendous Master League adventure. This is perplexing.

11. Exiting out of whatever mode you are playing and going to system settings from main menu to change commentary is a pain. Why is it not right there in audio settings?

12. Where are the dinosaurs/ostriches and other unlockables, damn it?! In the 2000s both games had tons of extra content that required achieving goals to unlock it - that adds more purpose and fun.

Last edited:

Nice one Konami. "Whose side do we want to be on? Human rights groups? Or the Chinese governmahahaha obviously that one, cha-ching."

3. Dribbling is not powerful enough, demo was better.
Dribbling in PES isn't one of its major strong points and while i dont think its bad this year by any stretch of the imagination i'd like to see them revert back to how it was. I think they wanted right stick to become the main way of close dribbling but it clearly needs alot more work which id imagine if they stick with it should be alot better than this year. You can pull of some really neat moves with it though...

Nice one Konami. "Whose side do we want to be on? Human rights groups? Or the Chinese governmahahaha obviously that one, cha-ching."

If only it was as easy as that for Arsenal fans to get rid of him.

Last edited:
I doubt it was Konami's initiative. The choices were probably delete Ozil or pull the game from the market. It doesn't need to take sides, just abide by the laws of where it sells the games...

It was announced by NetEase, the Chinese publishers of the popular Pro Evolution Soccer series, that Ozil's character was being removed from the game. ""The German player Ozil posted an extreme statement about China on social media, The speech hurt the feelings of Chinese fans and violated the sports spirit of love and peace. We do not understand, accept or forgive this " they said in a statement. Publisher is always King in the gaming world.

Looking into what Ozil said why even bother? Even Arsenal have distanced themselves from it. I'd be amazed if he's still at the Emirates after January.

Last edited:
FIFA done something similar the other week, I remember logging in and all versions of someone was removed due to something he said or did.
Yeah, they took Marco van Basten out for saying "sieg heil" on TV. Bit of a difference between removing someone for saying a nazi saying, and removing someone for SPEAKING OUT about humans rights abuses, to appease the publisher and/or government of the country your game is released in.

Yeah, they took Marco van Basten out for saying "sieg heil" on TV. Bit of a difference between that and removing someone for speaking out about humans rights abuses, to appease the publisher and/or government of the country your game is released in.
Are you really that bothered about him being removed from the Chinese game or is it just faux outrage?

Are you really that bothered about him being removed from the Chinese game or is it just faux outrage?
Are you seriously asking me if I'm genuinely angry about a company I've financially supported for years NOT siding with a guy who speaks up about a million Chinese Muslims being sent to internment camps, but with the people doing that instead? Yeah, I am. Much more than I'm annoyed by the colour of a virtual pitch. Because a million innocent people have been imprisoned. I mean, a game pales in comparison to this stuff.

Yeah, they took Marco van Basten out for saying "sieg heil" on TV. Bit of a difference between removing someone for saying a nazi saying, and removing someone for SPEAKING OUT about humans rights abuses, to appease the publisher and/or government of the country your game is released in.

Honestly Chris I didn't even look, I don't have a stance on anything politics when talking football but if it hits home can understand why others do.

Are you seriously asking me if I'm genuinely angry about a company I've financially supported for years NOT siding with a guy who speaks up about a million Chinese Muslims being sent to internment camps, but with the people doing that instead? Yeah, I am. Much more than I'm annoyed by the colour of a virtual pitch. Because a million innocent people have been imprisoned. I mean, a game pales in comparison to this stuff.
That virtual pitch affects our lives removing him from a chinese game doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom