eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Nice one Konami. "Whose side do we want to be on? Human rights groups? Or the Chinese governmahahaha obviously that one, cha-ching."

Don't worry fellow PES enthusiasts. This conundrum will be swiftly solved: Ozil will be brought back onto PES20, providing Konami agrees to edit in Xi Jinping as a 99-rated striker playing for Real Madrid.

But Master League is not the main mode for people that dont play it and tbh i've never heard of master league being the main mode this is a first and ive been playing PES since the SNES days. All these years Exhibition has always been at the top or first in the list of modes and Im certainly not avoiding playing Master League coz it is broken.
for you to say master league is not the main mode you definitely havent been playing this game from the start, create a poll you will see the result

Yeah, they took Marco van Basten out for saying "sieg heil" on TV. Bit of a difference between removing someone for saying a nazi saying, and removing someone for SPEAKING OUT about humans rights abuses, to appease the publisher and/or government of the country your game is released in.

it's not so easy mate, you have to respect(or at least understand) that for many chinese people and government Ozil words are abusive. Lets face some facts : Thare was tension between Uyghurs community and chinese gaverment for years , why ? for example many (around 5000 people) Uyghurs joined islamic state in Syria and Chinese had serious reason to be worried about terrorist attack when these people will come back from Syria . Other facts , terrorist attacks by Uyghurs:
year 2016- attack on Chinese ambassy in Kyrgistan by Uyghurs
year 2014 - attack in subway in Yunnan province - 30 people dead

There is more examples like this. Yeah , on one hand Chinese government dont know what are human rights but on another hand its not black /white case as you can see. Same things you can say about Saudi or Katar govermnents that support terrorists groups but we have to remember that its just bussines for Konami and as you know bussines dont care about your feelings ;)

Currently applying my clown makeup as I went and bought 2020 anyway (got it massively discounted though).

Playing BAL in the Thai league. After I realized I have to force my defenders to actually defend and close down, I've been having fun with it tbf.

I like that I can control transfer frequency again. I'll be keeping it on low for a few seasons I think.

I do have a bit of a conundrum though. I still get frustrated with the terrible tactical decisions the AI makes in match; like both teams starting defensively and this doing nothing for the first half or my favorite let's throw up a CB because we're down by 1 with freaking 30 minutes left in a cup match. And I still do worry about bone headed transfers.

So honestly I'm not sure whether I should stick with BAL or if I should go back to doing a fixed cursor ML save.

I prefer BAL; all the football without the responsibility. Plus I get to retire when I want to lol.

I'm still kinda just getting used to the game so I'll stick with BAL for the time being.

But I'm not sure what I'll ultimately do.

Because I'm planning to do a United save and I'll be furious if the players I'd like to stick around get sold.

There is an update today, as usual it updates data pack to 3.01. It's from those micro-updates that fix the Datapacks.
So it comes as a trend now, that every datapack needs fixing ! O tempora o mores.
As for content the first i checked, Haaland's database flag is fixed and he can be edited now, with a reverse-default .

PS: I am pretty sure that i had placed "a bet" with someone here that the DP3.0 would be modified by KONAMI to 3.01?before Xmas.. Can'be helped by my memory .

Last edited:

Nice one Konami. "Whose side do we want to be on? Human rights groups? Or the Chinese governmahahaha obviously that one, cha-ching."

Thats politics :P And i agree with @DerleiPT sadly this isnt black and white.
Btw i dont wonder about Konami's decision, Chinese market must be huge.
On the other hand i would take these news with a grain of salt, i would be always skeptic about what Özil says and what does China. Probably the truth is somewhere inbetween just like the "concentration camps" in the USA.

it's not so easy mate, you have to respect(or at least understand) that for many chinese people and government Ozil words are abusive. Lets face some facts : Thare was tension between Uyghurs community and chinese gaverment for years , why ? for example many (around 5000 people) Uyghurs joined islamic state in Syria and Chinese had serious reason to be worried about terrorist attack when these people will come back from Syria . Other facts , terrorist attacks by Uyghurs:
year 2016- attack on Chinese ambassy in Kyrgistan by Uyghurs
year 2014 - attack in subway in Yunnan province - 30 people dead

There is more examples like this. Yeah , on one hand Chinese government dont know what are human rights but on another hand its not black /white case as you can see. Same things you can say about Saudi or Katar govermnents that support terrorists groups but we have to remember that its just bussines for Konami and as you know bussines dont care about your feelings ;)

Not really.

My stepmother is Uyghur and my one of my grandmother´s ancestor´s was Uyghur too.
I have been in Urumci (East Turkestan/China) and have had a lot of contact with Uyghur people, escaping from China, seeking asylum in Munich, because they have been chased by the chinese government. Some of them have been journalists and everything, being held in prisons, tortured etc.
China is not respecting human rights and China annexed Turkestan under the regime of Mao back in the day.
They oppressed msulim Uyghurs for centuries.
That argument about terrorist attacks by Uyghurs and in general muslim terrorism, is an argument China is using to judge their actions.

I applaud to Özil, speaking up. Of course he´s getting bashed by chinese people - just check out his twitter - and that they took him out of the chinsese version, once again shows the pudency of China, not standing to their actions.

Sry for being off topic.
Love and peace to the world!

Are you really that bothered about him being removed from the Chinese game or is it just faux outrage?

It's not faux outrage though. I'm ashamed by Konami's ability to make the worst possible choices everytime there is a sensible matter. Removing Van Basten because of a nazi salute as EA did is good, removing Ozil because they were forced by China government is a bad look.
If people in Konami management had any values they would stand with a football player that denounces oppression, not cancel him from the game.

But it's Konami, they 100% made it because they feared the game would have been banned in China otherwise. They put the money before human values. Does it ring any bells?

Not really.

My stepmother is Uyghur and my one of my grandmother´s ancestor´s was Uyghur too.
I have been in Urumci (East Turkestan/China) and have had a lot of contact with Uyghur people, escaping from China, seeking asylum in Munich, because they have been chased by the chinese government. Some of them have been journalists and everything, being held in prisons, tortured etc.
China is not respecting human rights and China annexed Turkestan under the regime of Mao back in the day.
That argument about terrorist attacks by Uyghurs and in general muslim terrorism, is an argument China is using to judge their actions.

I applaud to Özil, speaking up. Of course he´s getting bashed by chinese people - just check out his twitter - and that they took him out of the chinsese version, once again shows the pudency of China, not standing to their actions.

Sry for being off topic.

Thats why he said is not so easy as black and white. Many innocent people got killed by religious terrorist attacks, also many innocent muslims got persecuted. The goverment dont know better but throwing the baby out with the water at this point. This is where you end up, cultural and religous clash if you mix such different belief systems.

It's not faux outrage though. I'm ashamed by Konami's ability to make the worst possible choices everytime there is a sensible matter. Removing Van Basten because of a nazi salute as EA did is good, removing Ozil because they were forced by China government is a bad look.
If people in Konami management had any values they would stand with a football player that denounces oppression, not cancel him from the game.

But it's Konami, they 100% made it because they feared the game would have been banned in China otherwise. They put the money before human values. Does it ring any bells?

Also dont forget Konami is a Japanese company, they arent Brittish, French, US or any "progressive" country. Also money.

Don't worry fellow PES enthusiasts. This conundrum will be swiftly solved: Ozil will be brought back onto PES20, providing Konami agrees to edit in Xi Jinping as a 99-rated striker playing for Real Madrid.
Ladies and gentlemen, a world premiere! The first screenshot of PES 2021 featuring Xi Jinping:

maxresdefault.jpg

Thought we ain’t talking politics here... ;) anyway.
BTT: any impressions regarding the patch or DP3 fix?!

Hard to say.
It´s always mixed with the gameplay exe. At first I thought the gameplay was faster, but either I got used to it now or it never has been faster, can´t say.

But I tried the PES lite on PS4 which should have the latest update or am I wrong?
I enjoyed vanilla gameplay...but was just playing an exhibition game against my son.

Hard to say.
It´s always mixed with the gameplay exe. At first I thought the gameplay was faster, but either I got used to it now or it never has been faster, can´t say.

But I tried the PES lite on PS4 which should have the latest update or am I wrong?
I enjoyed vanilla gameplay...but was just playing an exhibition game against my son.
Yeah. I’m interested in PS4 impressions mostly. Sure I’ll read PC impressions as well but as you said, when it’s mixed with modded stuff it’s even harder to tell.

Will give my impressions later tonight.

Not really.

Sry for being off topic.

Your post doesnt prove that all China actions are unfounded and Chinese people doesnt have right to be offended by Oezil words . Face some facts - Some people there are islamic extermist and CHina had to take action against them . Now many innocent Uyghur people who had nothing to do with attacks suffer and this is how it works in many places in the world. Its just not black and white and most important thing - there is no justyfi for terrorist attacks on innocent people.

Your post doesnt prove that all China actions are unfounded and Chinese people doesnt have right to be offended by Oezil words . Face some facts - Some people there are islamic extermist and CHina had to take action against them . Now many innocent Uyghur people who had nothing to do with attacks suffer and this is how it works in many places in the world. Its just not black and white and most important thing - there is no justyfi for terrorist attacks on innocent people.

My post doesn´t prove nothing. My post only shows that my opinion is stated with personal experiences unlike other people having their knowledge and opinion ONLY from the media. There is no justification for any violence against innocent people...we agree on this.
But I can´t defend China´s actions at all....no way....sorry. That is my opinion.
I hate all kind of extremists and there are people being there...no doubt....but the way China acts is way too drastic and is similar to genocide.
Let them be offended....fine. But you should be able to criticise the regime in which you are living and can´t backup all their actions...specially against human beings.

Enough with the politic talk....sorry again.

Yeah. I’m interested in PS4 impressions mostly. Sure I’ll read PC impressions as well but as you said, when it’s mixed with modded stuff it’s even harder to tell.

Will give my impressions later tonight.

Yeah, I saw you roaming around in the PC thread quite some time :)

Political stuff is my fault for bringing the Ozil stuff up, sorry. But it was (is) PES news.

Any political stuff from hereonin will be deleted, the discussion in here is fragmented enough lately!

The very moment when politics sneak into gaming and movies is the downfall of the purpose of their existence. To be able to draw your attention for a few hours a week from real life problems. Shame, i already miss the geeky arguments about fouls, free kicks and pitch colors really.

I'm starting to think magic on the pitch this year is dumbing down effectiveness of tactics and player styles.

Currently trying to find one that's fun to use vs cpu and effective online, normally to do this I go possession attack style then switch to counter vs human, I'm not seeing much difference at all doing that so playing a 433 with DM 2xAM vs com going anything 451 related vs human.

Maybe was doing it wrong but any 451 type formations hadn't played the way they should but seeing a lot of freedom from the players instead of how rigid they were before (not today's patch, the actual games from 2016), tonight I'm gonna have a mess about with 4231 with 3xAM see how that works.

Gotta say that i'm really enjoying the ai in pes 2020 lately. Lots of variety, individuality and exciting gameplay from the ai. I even witnessed my second penalty since September launch. It's a Christmas miracle.

Last edited:
Just tried the new patch on PS4. I am noticing some really subtle but big impact changes.
It seems like the AI response time on defense has been slow downed for both player and AI, in a very positive way.
Before the patch the AI would respond almost instantaneous as if they are reading ahead before possession switch hands, resulting in instant counter attack.
Now they seem like they only react after the ball has been claimed, meaning that transitions are much more realistic.

I also see much better response to loose balls. Where as before it seems like the whole team would come to a stop when there is a loose ball, now you see AI teammates continue their attacking movements even when it is not yet clear who claims the loose ball.

Also noticed that terrible animation where you do a through pass but it hits the backheel of your intended receiver and the ball bounces away changed a bit. The same animation still occurs, but the ball doesn't bounce so far away, giving you a chance to claim it where as before it is 100% turned over.

More time is needed to confirm, but I notice CPU passing accuracy being lowered a bit, so those long ground passes going straight through the midfield to the striker succeeding less frequently. Also it seems like effect of player momentum is more prominent than before, meaning that it takes longer to change directions from a sprint, effectively making counter attacking play more threatening as the defender can't recover as fast from a bad position.

Overall, very very positive initial impression. Looking forward to playing more.

Game is more "tight". Ball movement is more "free". Players are more "responsive".
If i have to place my bet :P

Just tried the new patch on PS4. I am noticing some really subtle but big impact changes.
It seems like the AI response time on defense has been slow downed for both player and AI, in a very positive way.
Before the patch the AI would respond almost instantaneous as if they are reading ahead before possession switch hands, resulting in instant counter attack.
Now they seem like they only react after the ball has been claimed, meaning that transitions are much more realistic.

I also see much better response to loose balls. Where as before it seems like the whole team would come to a stop when there is a loose ball, now you see AI teammates continue their attacking movements even when it is not yet clear who claims the loose ball.

Also noticed that terrible animation where you do a through pass but it hits the backheel of your intended receiver and the ball bounces away changed a bit. The same animation still occurs, but the ball doesn't bounce so far away, giving you a chance to claim it where as before it is 100% turned over.

More time is needed to confirm, but I notice CPU passing accuracy being lowered a bit, so those long ground passes going straight through the midfield to the striker succeeding less frequently. Also it seems like effect of player momentum is more prominent than before, meaning that it takes longer to change directions from a sprint, effectively making counter attacking play more threatening as the defender can't recover as fast from a bad position.

Overall, very very positive initial impression. Looking forward to playing more.

tenor.gif

Yeah, fuck right off and never come back, you clown. We've had enough of your constant bullshit you've been spreading in here all day every day.
Thank the gods! (And Tom :LOL:)

Anyway - back to PES 2020. I tried my club for first time today. It was...interesting.

I might be away over Xmas so I’ll take this opportunity to wish you all a happy festive season and I hope your New Year brings good times.

[Mod Edit: We don't talk about him here any more.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom