eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This is the first time i played after last update, decided to have a go at a Eurocup with England.

First game was on Top Player as it has been my go-to difficulty in the last few years.
I beat netherlands 1-0 and i thought i might step it up given that even i only scored once, i dominated all game long. I liked what i saw in regards to randomness and freedom of dribble.

Now in Superstar, i was expecting to play against perfect tiki-taka playing terminators as it has been in SS difficulty for years .
However it was the most brilliant piece of football gaming i've had for years or probably ever.

I ended up playing the whole cup way past beyong my scheduled bed time.

no goal was the same, either mine or the AI
i was amazed on how every team i played against was different (Belgium, Albania, France, Portugal, Italy), i saw enough fouls
enough misplaced passes by AI, enough missed shots as well.
I received a penalty, i scored only one FK (out of 6-7 i had, probably), i scored from CK twice i believe
AI did not score from direct FK, it either hit the wall ot the post or went wide.
AI got several yellows throughout all the cup and even a double-yellow red.

my players behaved right as i expected and I had to manage player's changes and formation changes on the fly, something i didn't felt the need to do in the last few years.

Im in love with this game, no negativity (or "different tastes") in this or any other forum will change that for me, i'll keep on reading the posts since i like to try and understand other people's opinions.

I will be ready to start a ML this thursday (holiday on Friday with the mrs out of the city), should be a fun weekend!
i understand that with the TeamSpirit it will change things a bit but i'm uber excited to start from scratch, probably Rayo Vallecano.

PS. i might try Legendary although i do not want to face the terminators again, would you honestly reccomend it?

Thank you Konami.

A few new kits added to my site, all free to download.

CVi3Q6k.png

Absolutely, PES is crying out for More divisions in ML.

I wish there was a more open league structure. That would be awesome to create bigger leagues. However, it would require more ranges in the player abilities as well. Since the worst players are already making it into 2nd division clubs and the stats struggle to get much lower!

I wish there was a more open league structure. That would be awesome to create bigger leagues. However, it would require more ranges in the player abilities as well. Since the worst players are already making it into 2nd division clubs and the stats struggle to get much lower!

Yeah there would have to be some stats alignment to make the lower divs feel realistic.
Was reading your thread about your PES random DB over on the editing forum, some in depth, quality analysis going on there, enjoyed the read being a stats/analysis./SQL man myself.

Great work!

My Master League Roberto Carlos got a second job as the coach for the Brazil national team, and I am playing a World cup between seasons. I switched back to basic shooting for it because although I think manual shooting is the best it has been, it does have some suspect wrong foot shooting accuracy, as in it being way too good. Problem is, I can't For the life of me get decent headers on basic shooting. Manual headers I have no problems with.

Seriously? I can't tell if you're joking or not...

I'm dumbfounded by some of the things you guys prioritize in a football game. Sure, it's a minor annoyance that a lot of games are played on the same stadiums. Sure, it's a bit weird that some players have portraits and others don't. Granted, I'd like every player to be face scanned, but I also know that's probably asking too much. And no, it's not realistic that four games in a row in ML are away games.

But having MORE than three kits per team AND being able to change shorts and socks individually per game? Come on, that's a priority in a footy game...?

Apologies if I offended you, I just didn't see that one coming... :D

As with much of this stuff, the real annoyance is that... we had that option more than ten years ago. :P

I installed a very good Liga MX by Petriz, I actually prefer Mexican clubs in Libertadores. There is a Bolivian OF in editemosPES and Uruguayan from @geniowe2002 I think. Brescia wasn't updated in the patch, so maybe you need to re-install it from the option file.

Unrelated note, I am almost done dowloading the DLC, about 150MB left... fingers crossed.
Yep, i finished a OF with Uruguayan League with a pals, we launch the OF the Friday.

Lmao...I have to play the demo code to enjoy it....my point entirely
oh ok yeah i wish i could apply opton file to 1.0 but i still dont regret my purchase having blast with 1.0 i dont really need all the kits etc even though it would be nice.ideally 1.0 with positives of 1.5 woudl be ideal but 1.0 is still one most fun futbol experiences ive ever played despite its flaws like refreess and fouls

What happened to this game after update.
I was really enjoying my ML with Zaragoza but since the update 7 straight losses , 1 goal scored. Passes are not going to where i would normally expect them, players first touch is much worse , finesse dribble is impossible now it just does not work where before update i was having some success with it maybe 50/50.
It has been really difficult trying to create chances , best i think i have managed is 7(3) and have had as low as 3(2) attempts on goal. Trying to win a slide tackle near impossible now, usually ends in a Yellow card as does trying to use x button. The fouls are less but that is maybe because i am struggling so much.
I just cant believe the difference now.
Could it be a ML chapter i have hit at end of season that just wants me to finish bottom of league?

Random thought. One downside to PES is that most countries with leagues in the game are restricted to either 1 or 2 divisions. Can make ML a bit dull especially if in a league with no relegation. Would be good for each country if there was just a group of teams that could replace relegated teams (so for England could have say, a group of 10 teams, 3 chosen at random to get "promoted"). Don't imagine we'll ever see it but it is a fairly simple work around which could add a bit more depth.

As I said, just a random thought!

Perfect review.. while watching it i sometimes thought it is real football not a game.. potential of pes 2020 is limitless.. must watch take your time and watch it
This video review is amazing. I said it before, this year's game is the closest to real life football we can get. At least these devs tried and delivered a good game. Yes there is more potential, we can all see that.
Have a moment though and think how AI builds up. It's not easy guys to code the AI like this. Just watch a random PES 2020 video and call for the passes of AI before they happen. 90% of the time you would have the same build up/passing logic.

Random thought. One downside to PES is that most countries with leagues in the game are restricted to either 1 or 2 divisions. Can make ML a bit dull especially if in a league with no relegation. Would be good for each country if there was just a group of teams that could replace relegated teams (so for England could have say, a group of 10 teams, 3 chosen at random to get "promoted"). Don't imagine we'll ever see it but it is a fairly simple work around which could add a bit more depth.

As I said, just a random thought!
Fifa 2002 had this, it was a really cool surprise, since those teams were hidden.

I wanted to answer some comments but instead I relax... like this... old school...!!!

Aaaahhhh....
Edit: yes, mods, this is off topic. And as I mark it as it you can’t do **** about it! :LOL:

Na, i’m kidding! Lil tipsy. ;)

When is data pack 3 coming?

Last edited:
Fifa 2002 had this, it was a really cool surprise, since those teams were hidden.
I seem to remember FIFA 2000 having that as well. It was nice to have back then, these days though I don't think I'd be happy with that - if they would include half the division, why not the full league? :P

The simple solution would be to just extend the editing capabilities to let us add as many leagues/teams/players as we wanted like in FM - people have modded in countless leagues and competitions, such as additional English lower leagues down to Level 19...

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-database-england-lower-leagues.html

I seem to remember FIFA 2000 having that as well. It was nice to have back then, these days though I don't think I'd be happy with that - if they would include half the division, why not the full league? :P

The simple solution would be to just extend the editing capabilities to let us add as many leagues/teams/players as we wanted like in FM - people have modded in countless leagues and competitions, such as additional English lower leagues down to Level 19...

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-database-england-lower-leagues.html

Yes that would definitely be the ideal solution. But stuff like that isn't so easy for them to implement I guess.

It could be half a league worth of teams but it wouldn't actually be a playable league. Would just be a collection of teams, and from those 3 chosen at random to be "promoted". The FM style solution would be perfect, my suggestion was just a quick win for them basically. :)

@rojofa @PeterC10 I wonder how it worked with the licensing of those teams? Those games seem weird from today's perspective: some players were real, some were just numbers. Imagine the reaction today to a team full of N. 19, N. 22, etc! But the very next fifa I got (2004) had all those lower leagues we see today - what a breakthrough! And it was one of the happiest gaming moments, because I didn't know it was coming. You just got the game and saw what was in it, like opening a gift (which it actually was, so double gift I guess :D). But the game was totally different from 2002. So maybe it takes a big overhaul to be able to add new division structures and that's why Konami doesn't do it... I have no clue, just a guess.

Last edited:
@rojofa @Sobakus @PeterC10 I confirm for FIFA 2000. I played its CM* (i think it was a plain league mode, with just advancing seasons) for many seasons, it was the first and last game that had a "full licensed" Greek League (never again full*) and a greek commentary (never until PES 2011). Every after season, there was a division B like the THAI League of pes 2019, hidden and the teams were promoting-relegating.
My only question up until today is, what would happen if the team you were controlling was relegated? Also it was cool back to 2000, but now on 2020, i think a system with generic/fake smaller leagues 3th/4th division for every country would be more acceptable, as stated from hundreds of users in the web.

And since this years it is a trend from both companies to pretend that they care for offline players, i believe a game that would have at least, second divisions for every less famous Leagues and a 3 or 4 tier division system for stronger Leagues, would be the equivalent of FM to football game simulators, always with a good gameplay of course!

From the current two existing footy games, only PES seems to be more "hopeful" to create such a LEGO-type editable database structure . The problem is, it is out of their focus. just a QUIZ about this, as i am tired when editing PEU (what to do with Bundesliga , my country clubs and rest Europe clubs). If PES had BUNDESLIGA, fake, semi-licensed, or full licensed, do you believe the PEU league would still exist?

@rojofa @Sobakus @PeterC10
My only question up until today is, what would happen if the team you were controlling was relegated?

From the current two existing footy games, only PES seems to be more "hopeful" to create such a LEGO-type editable database structure . The problem is, it is out of their focus. just a QUIZ about this, as i am tired when editing PEU (what to do with Bundesliga , my country clubs and rest Europe clubs). If PES had BUNDESLIGA, fake, semi-licensed, or full licensed, do you believe the PEU league would still exist?
It was game over :(

I think it would exist. My reasoning is otherwise things would be unbalanced, because there is PLA and PAS leagues... plus PEU I guess is most commonly used for Bundesliga, but it's meant for any league (like Greece). Speaking of which, is there a good patch for it? PEU is the one league I don't know what to do with since I can't find any good OF other than German league... right now I still have mostly fake teams.

Back
Top Bottom