eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Say what you want but I see them being affected by stats, like everything else on the pitch.

It's really easy to see this when you try to hit a low strong shot with some player that has 70-75 shot power and then with one that has 85+ shot power.

ML IMO should always be played as an unknown or fictional team, with defaults and build your way up, ML is so shallow and repetitive that you need the fantasy element in there to make it playable.
All these people that start a ML and take a proper big team with proper players..... just seems so damn boring.
I like to start with proper teams, just 2nd division ones, like championship, Serie B etc. and work my way up from there.

If there was a 3rd division like Serie C I would've started there even.

Wondering if im missing something, are Brescias kits not part of the latest official patch? I have a option file installed but the kits are fake as far as i can tell. So is my option file preventing the game running the real kit? Really need to nail down how to get a South American league in over PLA. Nothing I do works, and I have a 'save' file that someone uploaded which is easier to do for PC, but it uses the MLS... which although OK, makes me itch when doing a Libertadores and seeing the American sides mingling in. Also why dont we have a fake Sudamericana ffs. I cant forgive Konami for that! :DUMMY:

I installed a very good Liga MX by Petriz, I actually prefer Mexican clubs in Libertadores. There is a Bolivian OF in editemosPES and Uruguayan from @geniowe2002 I think. Brescia wasn't updated in the patch, so maybe you need to re-install it from the option file.

Unrelated note, I am almost done dowloading the DLC, about 150MB left... fingers crossed.

Is Klashman tactics just Prem/serie a/la liga?

Got the Italian and prem set up. Just needing to install the la liga sides. Used the uploads someone on here shared.

So apparently.. me (15th) Vs Hull City (21st) is "undoubtedly match of the season, which will decide about the Ultimate Price.."
Id probably had a great laugh from it if I didnt have the worst Pes night since the last patch. Every single of my players was in the mud, AI was a bunch of Hulk Hogans, my every single tackle and every deflection was going back to AI.
It was, undoubtedly, "lets keep pissing emroth off and see when he breaks" night.
Dont know if this game is downloading some mini fucking drugs along with the "assets", or what, but Im going to sleep.
And Im not happy, mr. Drury, not happy. Tomorrow Im gonna throw everything at them. Kitchen sink included. Bunch of bullies...🖕

Just beaten Liverpool 2-1 in a league match and now it's quiz time.

After 78 minutes did Liverpool:

a) Substitute Shakiri on for Alexander Arnold and bombard me with attacks for the final 12 minutes.

Or

b) Substitute Joe Gomez on for Alexander Arnold and spend the rest of the match passing around their back line.

First correct answer wins 3 million myclub coins and a Skittle.

PS. remember we've had nearly 40 years of football games and 20 years of PES games before answering.

Last edited:
I’ve pretty much given up on this and footy games in general, it’s just so boring/predictable nowadays.......latest game, lost 4-1 to Middlesbrough all 4 goals came from 30 yard free kicks......the game is untested, relies on the paying punter to test it and then we play out predetermined events........wow.i really have fallen off a Christmas tree!
i disagree.this game at least 1.0 vanilla im having a blast i love the randomness.this game is snaything but broing and rpeditiable idk wat game ur playing lol

Thankfully playing a league mode seems to be, for me, the perfect balance between the free flowing exhibition and heavily scripted Master League. Great games and immersive as I struggle through a season in Serie C with Potenza. Why do we have to wait until the final year of a console's life to be given a decent game. This could have arrived like this 2 or 3 years ago. When the next generation of consoles arrive I don't expect a great game for 5 years. Developers will hold back on improvements once again I believe.
Anyone know if you can play multiple seasons with promotion and relegation in league mode?

Anyone know if you can play multiple seasons with promotion and relegation in league mode?

Yes you can play season after season, and surprisingly Konami has implemented the Europe places and the world club championships very well.

You will also get the proper promotion/relegation/play-offs if you’re playing in a country where there are top and 2nd divisions.

For countries where there is only 1 league e.g. Scottish Premier league you don’t get relegated or promoted, but you can still play season after season.

Finally, I think there’s a 15 season limit, then you need to start again.

Hope this helps!

Yes you can play season after season, and surprisingly Konami has implemented the Europe places and the world club championships very well.

You will also get the proper promotion/relegation/play-offs if you’re playing in a country where there are top and 2nd divisions.

For countries where there is only 1 league e.g. Scottish Premier league you don’t get relegated or promoted, but you can still play season after season.

Finally, I think there’s a 15 season limit, then you need to start again.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that info, that sounds like you get all the gameplay without all the headaches of master league management....but you can’t sim any games in league mode correct? You have to play them all or coach mode I think?

What im in live with pes is player uniquness .. especially on pes 2020 it is greater than ever... i play with lugo , a team is spanish 2 .. i got some good players as free tranafers and omg the difference is unbelievable .. a proper striker makes correct runs .. a better winger dribble past players all the time.. a better playmaker makes through balls correct (on fuma btw) almost every time... better players makes big difference... even scripting and handlcap is not in your side, you can still win easily...

Can anyone confirm the AI plays different on Fuma, when I went back to pa1 and adv shooting mid match the AI seemed much better in attack and less passive on top player

View attachment 23664
Ive seen every game this season,not once in white shorts!
Its coz most of the opponents were wearing white shorts.
Its like EPL - shorts are "flexible" from match to match. Only one I found, where they played in white was against Calgiari
Roma.esultanza.gruppo.2019.201.356x237.jpg
Thats why we should have an option to alter shorts and socks as well.. being stuck to two or three sets is not only annoying, but also doesnt reflect todays football.

Vanilla 1.0 was the best but I've left pes behind now. Fifa it is this year. Plays really well with slider edits, the randomness is on another planet. Premiership games feel wonderful. Just playing classic matches is enough for me.

I think the fact that everyone in here is constantly questioning the gameplay, whether it's placebo, master league, my club, patches, skill levels, controls - no one is ever settled or satisfied for long. That to me suggests the game is poorly designed and tested which is a real shame.

I can no longer bring myself to engage in a game that's ultimate souless. Fifa has issues but what it doesn't lack is wow moments, that feeling of unpredictability and the unique situations created that allow for some wonderful goals, scrappy goals, own goals, mistakes and tap ins.

It was a good effort this year and I may pick it up in a few months when it's patched more but I think the beast that was once Pes needs putting out of its misery, put on paid mobile as my club and given to the coin generation.

Just beaten Liverpool 2-1 in a league match and now it's quiz time.

After 78 minutes did Liverpool:

a) Substitute Shakiri on for Alexander Arnold and bombard me with attacks for the final 12 minutes.

Or

b) Substitute Joe Gomez on for Alexander Arnold and spend the rest of the match passing around their back line.

First correct answer wins 3 million myclub coins and a Skittle.

PS. remember we've had nearly 40 years of football games and 20 years of PES games before answering.

A skittle as in the sweet or the thing you knock over? I cant believe you've been so vague about this!!!! For this I'm going to remove fouls completely from your game.
Oh, wait...

I installed a very good Liga MX by Petriz, I actually prefer Mexican clubs in Libertadores. There is a Bolivian OF in editemosPES and Uruguayan from @geniowe2002 I think. Brescia wasn't updated in the patch, so maybe you need to re-install it from the option file.

Unrelated note, I am almost done dowloading the DLC, about 150MB left... fingers crossed.

For some reason on PC unless I have someones save folder, the installation of inviduals OFs fail part the way through and I end up with a mish mash of teams that have imported and those that havent.

Thanks for that info, that sounds like you get all the gameplay without all the headaches of master league management....but you can’t sim any games in league mode correct? You have to play them all or coach mode I think?
Correct! All matches have to be played which can be a drawback. I've changed the Pes league into a Serie C league. Starting a season you have to be wary of who you choose as some clubs get randomly drawn into the European cups which, of course, is ridiculous and you cant skip them. Still, once you find your club you can simulate promotion and relegation and have a real blast with the game. Some of mine have been a real slog just as they should be in a lower league, punctuated by the odd spell of brilliance. Needs a fair bit of editing but worth the effort in my opinion.

I don't know if scripting kicks in and it's just a lot less impactful, or if it it only kicks in on higher difficulties, but for my first ML, There wasn't any obvious scripting until my 4th season (when my team was a top 7 PL team). Before then, there were easier and harder games, but in season 4 a ridiculous change happened which just made every game a grind for success (that required a difficulty change to sort of reset the scripting).

I've always found the ML most fun when you start with rubbish anyway. Part of the reason I've made my Random DB is that I wanted a different ML crappy team for my next ML :)
im doing a ML as Leeds in the English championship, with default players.Rooted to the bottom of the league, 9 defeats and 3 draws, loving it though,a proper challenge, looking forward to the transfer window to sign a big striker as ill be using the long ball until I have a team capable of playing actual football.

View attachment 23664
Ive seen every game this season,not once in white shorts!

Really?

Not even last week?

It seems like Roma are more than happy to swap to their away shorts against opposition who are wearing light coloured shorts, as with your photo. I don't see why Konami can't have an alternative home kit which is all red, but if they're told that the home kit uses white shorts you can't blame them for believing that.

It seems like Roma are more than happy to swap to their away shorts against opposition who are wearing light coloured shorts, as with your photo. I don't see why Konami can't have an alternative home kit which is all red, but if they're told that the home kit uses white shorts you can't blame them for believing that.
Yeah you're right there,I actually reacted to Roma wearing red shorts so many times this year,that hasn't been something in the past,plus most supporters aren't that comfy with it either.
Didn't United have a similar thing a few years back?
They decided to play a different colour and it became an uproar?

Its coz most of the opponents were wearing white shorts.
Its like EPL - shorts are "flexible" from match to match. Only one I found, where they played in white was against Calgiari
View attachment 23668
Thats why we should have an option to alter shorts and socks as well.. being stuck to two or three sets is not only annoying, but also doesnt reflect todays football.

Seriously? I can't tell if you're joking or not...

I'm dumbfounded by some of the things you guys prioritize in a football game. Sure, it's a minor annoyance that a lot of games are played on the same stadiums. Sure, it's a bit weird that some players have portraits and others don't. Granted, I'd like every player to be face scanned, but I also know that's probably asking too much. And no, it's not realistic that four games in a row in ML are away games.

But having MORE than three kits per team AND being able to change shorts and socks individually per game? Come on, that's a priority in a footy game...?

Apologies if I offended you, I just didn't see that one coming... :D

Yeah you're right there,I actually reacted to Roma wearing red shorts so many times this year,that hasn't been something in the past,plus most supporters aren't that comfy with it either.
Didn't United have a similar thing a few years back?
They decided to play a different colour and it became an uproar?
United have a home kit with black shorts in my PES at least - don't know if it was part of the PES Universe patch or if it was already there but the red of the shirt is more orangey than in the 1st home kit so it might not be Konami's work?

United played with black shorts last season, and had a shirt with a black gradient at the bottom. It grew on me but that's probably because we haven't had a great kit since Ronaldo left. Personally I prefer us with white shorts and socks than going red-black-black.

Back
Top Bottom