eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Does removing all the teams deep defensive lines still make a big difference for the new patch? Can't believe I've got to go through all that again ☹
You mean it's back to it again..? Thats why I didnt update the squads and tactics in do 2.0, cause I always edit a bit before starting the ML and don't want to do it again, especially the lineups which can be odd

I’ve pretty much given up on this and footy games in general, it’s just so boring/predictable nowadays.......latest game, lost 4-1 to Middlesbrough all 4 goals came from 30 yard free kicks......the game is untested, relies on the paying punter to test it and then we play out predetermined events........wow.i really have fallen off a Christmas tree!

This could be such a great game. But it’s just a chore to play most of the time.

I dropped it down to Top Player and I’m winning every single match 2 or 3-0. So it’s SS or nothing for me.

I’m constantly getting fouled by the CPU and getting awarded NOTHING. Earlier today, the CPU fouled CB, then took the ball and scored in the 92nd minute. I nearly smashed the controller against the wall.

The yellow pitches. Why doesn’t anyone seem bothered by this? The game is so damn ugly for me, in HDR and with HDR turned off.

There are amazing moments where I say “Wow now THAT would actually happen in real football!”

But most of the time the game makes me want to cry/hit something/go for a long walk/scream.

So the unbearable scripting, lack of fouls and terrible visuals have me completely underwhelmed by PES for like the 6th year in a row.

I thought I’d give it a good play after the update/patch but nah, PES is stuck in this ‘pass simulator’ mode of football gaming now, the fun will never return.

Until next year...

Why dont you play on Superstar? Top Player there is an easy and dumb AI.

@PRO_TOO So, whats it gonna be? Strawberries or vanilla?
Im going with the flavor of the month: satisfaction! :) 1.4 with Klashman tactics and matt10 fix.
I’m not going back to the vanilla any time soon. What i leave behind is a bit of physicality, weight of players and their movement, some more fouls (not all good) and tamer AI.

But it’s worth the trade off. The gap isn’t that great anymore anyway. Playing with an OF is a nice addition and 1.4 is a good game, imo.

I’m cool here!

Why dont you play on Superstar? Top Player there is an easy and dumb AI.
I always play on SS. I only dropped it down to TP because of the insane scripting in SS. But then the game’s too easy. So there’s no balance for me.

The fun has gone from PES for me. The game is definitely better post patch but there’s still far too much wrong with the game to keep me playing.

Manual crossing is my favourite thing in the game :).

I would suggest using a camera like Dynamic Wide which maintains the same angle wherever you are on the pitch. It may look nice to play on Stadium or Broadcast cameras, but they are a nightmare to perform manual crosses on.

If you think you are putting too much power on it, try holding R2 when you cross. This is for a higher lofted cross, but if you only use around half power then it won't lift the ball up too high but will still take a lot of the pace off, useful for an early ball in behind the defence. This is one I did online;

ezgif-2-268a50083e4a.gif

Chipped through ball can also be used quite effectively as a slower cross as well, especially when you just want to stand one up from the byline for a header rather than flashing it across with pace.

And finally, get to know who on your team has the "Pinpoint Crossing" skill. It dramatically changes the way that player crosses the ball... Far more pace and curl on the ball; it can be deadly when you use it well, but also really annoying if you forget and don't compensate for it in your aim. Holding R2 with these players is preferable in many situations to take some of that pace off.

Thank you my friend.
Gone back to the standard dynamic view instead of stadium cam. That should make a difference. Will look out for players with pin point crossing skill.
Good tips mate.
I just want to be able to create better plays compared to what I can do with PA1.
Already it seems better than PA1 but simple passes especially when your attacking can go wrong and when your losing at the death, is so annoying!
But in time, they're become few and far between.

The fun has gone from PES for me. The game is definitely better post patch but there’s still far too much wrong with the game to keep me playing.

Literally no one saw that coming :P!

Just kidding mate.. I hope you'll eventually be able to enjoy it again.. and if not, at least I know that when you'll find a modern football game that you'll be able to love for the entire season, it will probably be the best ever:LOL:;) !

I always play on SS. I only dropped it down to TP because of the insane scripting in SS. But then the game’s too easy. So there’s no balance for me.

thankfdully im a newbie at the game and i suck so professional is perfect for me

Thankfully playing a league mode seems to be, for me, the perfect balance between the free flowing exhibition and heavily scripted Master League. Great games and immersive as I struggle through a season in Serie C with Potenza. Why do we have to wait until the final year of a console's life to be given a decent game. This could have arrived like this 2 or 3 years ago. When the next generation of consoles arrive I don't expect a great game for 5 years. Developers will hold back on improvements once again I believe.

Dear colleagues, I am looking for someone 1000+ rating in online divisions to give personal PES lessons. Do you know anyone? Thanks

I stepped my game up over the last weeks I guess. Had to go top player now and I like it.

When I can give 3 advices:
- use the klashman tactics
- use the auto offside trap
- take your time and think football

I can’t stress those points enough! ;)

It’s not all gold but it still shines so bright!! Finally!! :D
My thoughts are the same, I'll add
Top player
Manual pass
Adv shooting

Unfortunately klashman tactics dont work if you are already 4 seasons deep into ML. you'd have to restart,

Dribbling on this game is so damn annoying, it just doesn't work.

Beating a man, and going past him is virtually impossible. even when dribbling with my winger who has high stats in dribbling, speed, acceleration, tight control, ball control .... I'm running at pace, using momentum, approach a defender, and double tap sprint and push LS at an angle to speed burst past the flat footed defender, and he just reads my inputs every single time and takes the ball, its ridiculous.

As for the patch, the first 2 games after it felt different, weightier, slower, more considered, now it just feels exactly the sae as it did pre-patch, the patch apart from fix player switching has done very little at all.

Thankfully playing a league mode seems to be, for me, the perfect balance between the free flowing exhibition and heavily scripted Master League. Great games and immersive as I struggle through a season in Serie C with Potenza. Why do we have to wait until the final year of a console's life to be given a decent game. This could have arrived like this 2 or 3 years ago. When the next generation of consoles arrive I don't expect a great game for 5 years. Developers will hold back on improvements once again I believe.

Totally agree with you here. The change in gameplay plus regens killed Master League for me.

I think master league would be better if you were forced to use the default team then build up like in the ps1 days. Scripts wouldn't be needed as it would just be about stats. By introducing proper line ups konami would have had to do something to even off the difficulty otherwise someone could just pick man city and win everything in the 1st season, what would be the point? If you stated off with default and build a decent team does scripting still affect it once you have a good 11?

I think master league would be better if you were forced to use the default team then build up like in the ps1 days. Scripts wouldn't be needed as it would just be about stats. By introducing proper line ups konami would have had to do something to even off the difficulty otherwise someone could just pick man city and win everything in the 1st season, what would be the point? If you stated off with default and build a decent team does scripting still affect it once you have a good 11?

I don't know if scripting kicks in and it's just a lot less impactful, or if it it only kicks in on higher difficulties, but for my first ML, There wasn't any obvious scripting until my 4th season (when my team was a top 7 PL team). Before then, there were easier and harder games, but in season 4 a ridiculous change happened which just made every game a grind for success (that required a difficulty change to sort of reset the scripting).

I've always found the ML most fun when you start with rubbish anyway. Part of the reason I've made my Random DB is that I wanted a different ML crappy team for my next ML :)

ML IMO should always be played as an unknown or fictional team, with defaults and build your way up, ML is so shallow and repetitive that you need the fantasy element in there to make it playable.
All these people that start a ML and take a proper big team with proper players..... just seems so damn boring.

Wondering if im missing something, are Brescias kits not part of the latest official patch?

I have a option file installed but the kits are fake as far as i can tell. So is my option file preventing the game running the real kit?

Really need to nail down how to get a South American league in over PLA. Nothing I do works, and I have a 'save' file that someone uploaded which is easier to do for PC, but it uses the MLS... which although OK, makes me itch when doing a Libertadores and seeing the American sides mingling in.

Also why dont we have a fake Sudamericana ffs. I cant forgive Konami for that! :DUMMY:

ML IMO should always be played as an unknown or fictional team, with defaults and build your way up, ML is so shallow and repetitive that you need the fantasy element in there to make it playable.
All these people that start a ML and take a proper big team with proper players..... just seems so damn boring.
Thats what I mean, back in the day it was always building a team and scraping promotion

Do I have to do klashman tactics manually or can I do it via an option file. Someone be so kind enuff to link me pls

My thoughts are the same, I'll add
Top player
Manual pass
Adv shooting

I prefer the shot on manual because hitting strong shots and headers are more satisfying. But controlled shots are very inconsistent and it is the only shot on manual that you don't have full control of it (the game decides if the player will apply some spin or not). It should be hard to make those curled shots that are common in basic shooting, but not impossible. Also, in 1vs1 situations against the GK this shot is very common to increase accuracy in real life, but i rarely use it due to lack of control.

Advanced shooting is great to force a specific type of shot, but i am not a big fan of the away the commands work.

I prefer the shot on manual because hitting strong shots and headers are more satisfying
Same here. Manual shots were the last one for me to 'master', but when I got a hang of it - I cant really switch back to anything else.
Say what you want but I see them being affected by stats, like everything else on the pitch. (This is not an invitation for a debate. Just stating my opinion and feelings. And yall aint changing it! :LOL: )
Its equally fun for me to launch an absolute missile, as it is to miss an empty goal. All in all it adds a lot of fun/drama on the pitch.

Same here. Manual shots were the last one for me to 'master', but when I got a hang of it - I cant really switch back to anything else.
Say what you want but I see them being affected by stats, like everything else on the pitch. (This is not an invitation for a debate. Just stating my opinion and feelings. And yall aint changing it! :LOL: )
Its equally fun for me to launch an absolute missile, as it is to miss an empty goal. All in all it adds a lot of fun/drama on the pitch.

I'm saving manual shooting for when (or more likely IF) I get good enough on the difficulty levels I can stomach (handicapping and so forth) that I need an extra challenge. I switched to manual passing a fair few years ago for similar reasons. The only issue is once you make the switch, you can never happily go back!

Back
Top Bottom