eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

For the guys that complain about lack of fouls, what's your match time length? I've seen YouTubers complain and they're playing 10-12 minutes match time. Some of them they don't even have a clue that this is full time length and not half time one.
I'm still playing 25min and many times I'm thinking going up to 30min. I'm getting 15 fouls per game, sometimes 20 which I don't like as it seems excessive to me.
I dont use fancy skill moves. You just need to make sudden direction changes with the LS without using the dash button too much. Good dribblers will even utilise automatically some fancy dribbling move. Forget about RS, use shielding, only sprint when you have the room to do it.
Another thing which many don't know is that the cpu will play differently when the match time length is longer than 20min and this is down to logic and AI coding. I can go in depth with this one but I feel that it might be boring for many.

Does removing all the teams deep defensive lines still make a big difference for the new patch? Can't believe I've got to go through all that again ☹️

Coz it felt suffocating on the pitch. AI was overpowered. Couldnt dribble, couldnt do anything with the ball. Felt like I had to pass immediately to survive.

As for new patch - I know the problem you are talking about from the demo. I was also able to take the ball straight from the defenders on Professional
(I mainly play Prof - full manual)
Also - they didnt want to score.
These problems, however, IMO did not come back at all. Not once I was able to take the ball from them after GK pass.
Also - they are scoring goals against me. Im winning some and losing some. Currently, playing in Championship with crappy, created team - im mid table.
The only 'problem' that people might see is that AI likes to pass in the back a bit. To me - its realistic, its a build up. I dont have any issue with it (unless im losing and im pissed off that they are holding the ball)
People reporting that randomness was lost. I disagree with this completely. For the first time since demo I scored some deflection goals and I was able to create chances that I wasnt able with 1.2 or 1.3.
There are still errors from AI and IMO AI plays more human. Ive seen more dribbling, more shots from distance.
I think it was a very good patch overall.

Apologies for my post earlier. I didnt know you were at the point of no return.

There is a lot of opinions in here and different people will like different things. Just wanted you to know the other side - people that are very happy with the current patch.
Llq5q
For the guys that complain about lack of fouls, what's your match time length? I've seen YouTubers complain and they're playing 10-12 minutes match time. Some of them they don't even have a clue that this is full time length and not half time one.
I'm still playing 25min and many times I'm thinking going up to 30min. I'm getting 15 fouls per game, sometimes 20 which I don't like as it seems excessive to me.
I dont use fancy skill moves. You just need to make sudden direction changes with the LS without using the dash button too much. Good dribblers will even utilise automatically some fancy dribbling move. Forget about RS, use shielding, only sprint when you have the room to do it.
Another thing which many don't know is that the cpu will play differently when the match time length is longer than 20min and this is down to logic and AI coding. I can go in depth with this one but I feel that it might be boring for many.

But surely 12 minutes is a long enough match from which to expect more than one or two fouls? How many of us have 40 minutes to play one match?

I generally gain most fouls (crazy that with pes we should even be thinking about "gaining" as opposed to suffering fouls, I feel gaslit by the dev team at times) whilst dribbling in the way that you say, but rarely now on 1.4. I also think why the hell should I have to adopt a play style to elicit from the cpu one of the most basic elements of a football match - the desperate attempt to get the ball back which leads to a foul? What if I want to play long ball football? In real life I like good football. In games I like rubbish, rough and ready football.

I think we should stop doing konami's bidding. This talk of playstyles ignores the conscious decision by the devs (no doubt driven by some prick in a suit whose sole contribution to the world will be the money he makes an even bigger prick in a suit) to remove fouls from their game. The idea that we should accept any responsibility for that is a complete inversion of the developer-gamer relationship.

The idea that we should accept any responsibility for that is a complete inversion of the developer-gamer relationship.
Absolutely. Saying solution for lack of fouls are 20-30mins matches is nonsense. Demo had 5 mins and we were all getting fouls.
Lack of fouls is due to overpowered, too accurate defending and very unresponsive dribbling. Thats where the issue is.
Personally I dont see any difference between 1.4 and previous version foul-wise. It was low then and it is low now for me. Im getting some, but looking at the match and AI tackles - I should be getting more. And even the ones that are given are often questionable. Famous defender bash into our striker winning free kick, instead of us being fouled is still there.

Llq5q

But surely 12 minutes is a long enough match from which to expect more than one or two fouls? How many of us have 40 minutes to play one match?

I generally gain most fouls (crazy that with pes we should even be thinking about "gaining" as opposed to suffering fouls, I feel gaslit by the dev team at times) whilst dribbling in the way that you say, but rarely now on 1.4. I also think why the hell should I have to adopt a play style to elicit from the cpu one of the most basic elements of a football match - the desperate attempt to get the ball back which leads to a foul? What if I want to play long ball football? In real life I like good football. In games I like rubbish, rough and ready football.

I think we should stop doing konami's bidding. This talk of playstyles ignores the conscious decision by the devs (no doubt driven by some prick in a suit whose sole contribution to the world will be the money he makes an even bigger prick in a suit) to remove fouls from their game. The idea that we should accept any responsibility for that is a complete inversion of the developer-gamer relationship.

6min halves are not enough. It's rush football from both the user and the cpu. You can see it in cpu build up play.
The new patch has mostly got the colissions right. Even the aerial ones. They fixed the GK colissions code also which I pointed a while ago here and to KONAMI. Well it was a simple 10 minutes coding fix for them.
As someone else posted here, if some people don't like this year's game I don't think they can expect this to change. For me it's the best football videogame ever even with its flaws.

Absolutely. Saying solution for lack of fouls are 20-30mins matches is nonsense. Demo had 5 mins and we were all getting fouls.
Lack of fouls is due to overpowered, too accurate defending and very unresponsive dribbling. Thats where the issue is.
Personally I dont see any difference between 1.4 and previous version foul-wise. It was low then and it is low now for me. Im getting some, but looking at the match and AI tackles - I should be getting more. And even the ones that are given are often questionable. Famous defender bash into our striker winning free kick, instead of us being fouled is still there.
I'm in the minority that I absolutely hated the demo. Every shoulder to shoulder challenge was called a foul. AI was so passive it was a complete joke.

6min halves are not enough. It's rush football from both the user and the cpu. You can see it in cpu build up play.
The new patch has mostly got the colissions right. Even the aerial ones. They fixed the GK colissions code also which I pointed a while ago here and to KONAMI. Well it was a simple 10 minutes coding fix for them.
As someone else posted here, if some people don't like this year's game I don't think they can expect this to change. For me it's the best football videogame ever even with its flaws.

See that's where you logic goes awry. This is my favourite football game since pes5. I've championed v1.00 here. Even 1.4 I think if bloody good.
yet 12 minutes should be enough for fiils. I dont rush at all. Neither does the cpu. I dont see the link between liking the game and not getting fouls anyway...

I'm in the minority that I absolutely hated the demo. Every shoulder to shoulder challenge was called a foul. AI was so passive it was a complete joke.

Exactly that, I think some people want a stop start game just so they can look at the foul stats, go on OPTA and compare them and say 'ooh look realism' ffs

There are not enough fouls, we all know that, but there are some and I dont believe anyone who plays a normal game dosent get at least 2 per game.

Problem is and you can see it on the popular youtubers who play this 'offline', they all queue up first time passes nearly 90% of the time. How many times will an AI or even a human player get near the ball when all you get is ping, pong, ping. Not saying people on here do it, but I bet alot do and for that reason you wont see tackles.

Question to ML campaigners and single League campaigners too. Is it raining in your ML/L worlds by default after the update? I started a new save in Ligue2 after DP2.0, i am on March now and i have not played a single game with rainy weather.

How do you find adv shoot? In the past it always seemed so clunky to me, with all the crossbars and the general lack of true error. Is it better this year? I might give it a try if so.
Really good it's adv through ball that feels a bit delayed. I think it's the best as it's not easy, you get more control than basic and doesn't feel like you lose stats like manual

Question to ML campaigners and single League campaigners too. Is it raining in your ML/L worlds by default after the update? I started a new save in Ligue2 after DP2.0, i am on March now and i have not played a single game with rainy weather.
Most of times the weather is set on fine but I'm pretty sure in some occasions I saw rain too.

To be honest I usually just set it on random myself from the stadium screen, I usually get a good casual outcome doing so. Worst case scenario you can just roll a dice and decide yourself I guess? :THINK:

Really good it's adv through ball that feels a bit delayed. I think it's the best as it's not easy, you get more control than basic and doesn't feel like you lose stats like manual
No issues here, my friend. Im getting all sorts of dynamic weather. Rain, no rain, rain after a while, no rain after a while, last night had snow twice.

Most of times the weather is set on fine but I'm pretty sure in some occasions I saw rain too.

To be honest I usually just set it on random myself from the stadium screen, I usually get a good casual outcome doing so. Worst case scenario you can just roll a dice and decide yourself I guess? :THINK:
I usually dont enter the stadium screen, cause i love randomness. But in my first save in DP1, i had many rainy days and a few snow. I had a snowy match on April too!!! (which for Greece and South Italy (below Napoli) is almost impossible i think.)
But in this DP2 save, no rain no snow until now.. :/ I hope it just happened..

I usually dont enter the stadium screen, cause i love randomness. But in my first save in DP1, i had many rainy days and a few snow. I had a snowy match on April too!!! (which for Greece and South Italy (below Napoli) is almost impossible i think.)
But in this DP2 save, no rain no snow until now.. :/ I hope it just happened..

Why don't just set it to random then? If the situation will still be this in a couple games, I think you'll have an higher chance of getting some rain this way and still retain the same surprise ;)

I know I couldn't play if I'd always get fine weather, it's one of my biggest turn offs ever in a football game :D

Does anyone know if editing players messes with the game? I edited some keepers into outfield players and I’m finding the game is slipping and sliding when in possession. It could just be the new patch that I’m not used to or my low team spirit in master league? Anyone else experiencing slippery game play?

This could be such a great game. But it’s just a chore to play most of the time.

I dropped it down to Top Player and I’m winning every single match 2 or 3-0. So it’s SS or nothing for me.

I’m constantly getting fouled by the CPU and getting awarded NOTHING. Earlier today, the CPU fouled CB, then took the ball and scored in the 92nd minute. I nearly smashed the controller against the wall.

The yellow pitches. Why doesn’t anyone seem bothered by this? The game is so damn ugly for me, in HDR and with HDR turned off.

There are amazing moments where I say “Wow now THAT would actually happen in real football!”

But most of the time the game makes me want to cry/hit something/go for a long walk/scream.

So the unbearable scripting, lack of fouls and terrible visuals have me completely underwhelmed by PES for like the 6th year in a row.

I thought I’d give it a good play after the update/patch but nah, PES is stuck in this ‘pass simulator’ mode of football gaming now, the fun will never return.

Until next year...

Does anyone know if editing players messes with the game? I edited some keepers into outfield players and I’m finding the game is slipping and sliding when in possession. It could just be the new patch that I’m not used to or my low team spirit in master league? Anyone else experiencing slippery game play?

Just reading this.fills me with dread.
I practically kidnapped this thread a couple weeks ago. Everytime I edited a kit or tactic, my game started slipping, glitching, lagging weirdly. It was mind bending. The game practically fell apart on me. This was on v1.00.
That was on base ps4.
I ended up upgrading to a ps4 pro and it seems to be okay but I edited only one kit so far.
Truth is, it may be coincidence or it may be editing.
One thing I do know is that game is not optimised particularly well, even on the pro, I get some odd moments...

If anybody else is deeply offended by the awful night colour scheme for the nou camp (it looks like a league 2 ground it's so dark) try reducing contrast to 42 and bumping brightness to 58.
The pitch looks green, bright, almost like it does on tv (not quite that lush deep green).

Key is that increasing brightness needs to be offset by contrast reduction.

All this depends on your actual tv setup of course...

Just reading this.fills me with dread.
I practically kidnapped this thread a couple weeks ago. Everytime I edited a kit or tactic, my game started slipping, glitching, lagging weirdly. It was mind bending. The game practically fell apart on me. This was on v1.00.
That was on base ps4.
I ended up upgrading to a ps4 pro and it seems to be okay but I edited only one kit so far.
Truth is, it may be coincidence or it may be editing.
One thing I do know is that game is not optimised particularly well, even on the pro, I get some odd moments...
Thanks for the reply I’ll restore things to default and see if it changes. I guess you’re right there’s no way to know if that is the cause for sure. Seems strange since PES is a game built on editing.

Tho switching over to exhibition mode just now and the slippery game play is gone even with all the edits.

Session variance? This game is so temperamental. Even playing consecutive games in same stadium, settings etc. Kne game is the slow paced. The next quick.

Back
Top Bottom