eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Just thought it was interesting observations from a guy who had official access to the devs for years and knows the game and how its put together inside out.
and mirrors a lot of what i was saying I see in the game, of course im not surprised that you dont see it in yours ;-)

It is interesting. Also interesting that he didn't notice it until his 4th season and I'm just starting my 4th season.

You would have to own a physical version of the game, uninstall the updates and then disconnect from the internet to prevent them from installing again. And no you would not keep your kits.
Well I own a physical version of the game, so.. check. Good start.
So there’s no way to make an extra save then? Or making a new PS account?

Well I own a physical version of the game, so.. check. Good start.
So there’s no way to make an extra save then? Or making a new PS account?
Nope..trust us - we went through all possibilities. If you find it more enjoyable and want to stick with it - in game edit mode will be you only option to alter kits.
Im in the middle of doing it myself.
Happy as Larry and thats the main thing.

I got a penalty yesterday just by using super-cancel after a physical contact in the box.
The defender barged me, Mane kinda tripped over and when he was about to fall down I used super-cancel, and just when he was getting up to get to the ball again, the defender (who didn't expect him to get up, due to the use of super-cancel) stumbled on him and I got the pen. Nice little moment.

Nope..trust us - we went through all possibilities. If you find it more enjoyable and want to stick with it - in game edit mode will be you only option to alter kits.
Im in the middle of doing it myself.
Happy as Larry and thats the main thing.
Well that sucks haha. What happens when you try and apply an option file to this vanilla version then?

Well that sucks haha. What happens when you try and apply an option file to this vanilla version then?
Wont let you.
Cant import/export anything.
Gives you an error message saying thay you need to be connected to the server. But its not only internet connection and your psn account - its Konami server, which will not let you connect unless you have current version.

Can you find me 19 other people to form a League? And all of them to play the same hours as me , and their skill level to scale with the teams, I.E. the guy who will pick Brescia to play like Brescia.

I hear you.

It’s FIFA’s one thing high is better than PES, being able to choose a 3 star team to play against a similar opponent. Konamis refusal to add this option in Divisions is a long standing joke.

Just out of interest, which PES do you think was better than PES2020? In terms of the number of PRO's vs CON's, PES2020 is the new King. I loved pes5/6 PC, the we9LE PC, and we8/9/10jl's of PS2 glory days, but really, nothing comes close to PES2020. Animations, ball physics, physicality, AI variety, full manual, mistakes and mishits, no catch up bug,.. pretty damn special this year.

Hello Aussie, I kinda disagree with you. I'm pretty disappointed by PES 2020 and I think, almost any other PES is better than 2020. I agree that animations are good but there are things I don't like at all, they are a few that, overall, bring a lot of unpleasant game experiences, at least for me:
The physical part is fake, pre-scripted and contextual, its made by annoying " pushing and humping " animation that locked mostly defenders when they touch someone's back... it's so frustrating.
In PES 2020 the players without the ball, move and feel like "Tanks on Ice".
Players awareness are one of the worst in the series. Defenders most of the time do not react properly on the rowling ball.
The " AI mistakes " are pre-scripted too, they are not random, AI makes the same mistakes all the time, with the " wrong passes " it's the same.
How I write on another topic, the dribbling in this game is useful like hemorrhoids. Yes, I hate new close control on right-stick and what they do with R2, which is the WORST future ever, but the problem is not in dribbling itself, its that AI defenders and assist (X holding) defenders ALWAYS know what are you doing, what the direction you holding and they take the same position even before your player.
You need to play in most basic 1-2 passes if you want to win. Somebody will say " but in real football works like that, fast passing and moving " but in PES you need to play like this for all wrong reasons. Looks like Konami saw this horrible PES LEAGUE players and make the game to be played exactly that way... eFOOTBALL way... and I hate it. That removes all deep and fun from the game.

Last edited:
Defenders dont seem to tire as much as midfielders & attackers.
#

It depends how much you sprint with them I guess :)

It also should depend on how deep/high they play and how much your fullbacks bomb forward, but I haven't though of an easy way of testing that :(

ok mate fair enough. just hope thats the truth and not honeymoon period analysis

Catch up bug is non existant this year... FINALLY! If you get through on a clean ball, it will be very hard for the CPU to catch you.

I´ve been playing ML on TP and PA1, and I´m happy this way. Just had one of those matches, first cup round against Heerenveen. They pressed me, and attacked me all the time, almost like superhumans. I finally made it through and scored. It´s like they broke down and I managed to hold the score. Created lots of chances in the final moments, with some subs, but missed them all, as all the players were really tired. But I would never manage to hold it if I was playing PA0. Some matches might feel a bit easy (not too much though), but then comes a time where CPU really is hrd to beat, so PA1 is the right balance for me.

#

It depends how much you sprint with them I guess :)

It also should depend on how deep/high they play and how much your fullbacks bomb forward, but I haven't though of an easy way of testing that :(

If you have offensive fullbacks and you're attacking constantly, with the flank all for themselves... they're gonna be exhausted by the end of every match. It takes superhuman stamina not to.

What tires players a lot is getting back to defensive shape. More than sprinting, I think.

Also, I haven't had any catch up bug experience. Actually, I'd say is non existent. Even when the fast player is tired, he can get past the defender by pure speed if the touch or pass is right. However, after that first burst of speed he'll stop because lack of stamina, which I think is ok.

One thing I don't know... do players slow down after a long run based on stamina attribute? I wish PES had two stamina stats, one for aerobic endurance and another for anaerobic.

If you have offensive fullbacks and you're attacking constantly, with the flank all for themselves... they gonna be exhausted by the end of every match. It takes superhuman stamina not to.

What tires players a lot is getting back to defensive shape. More than sprinting, I think.

I'd hope the latter does that, I just don't have an easy way of measuring. But I certainly have certain games (mainly when an opponent is ultra defensive and I need the extra men on overlap) that it's my fullbacks that need subbing late in the game (usually to hold the lead after I eventually broke through).

I'd hope the latter does that, I just don't have an easy way of measuring. But I certainly have certain games (mainly when an opponent is ultra defensive and I need the extra men on overlap) that it's my fullbacks that need subbing late in the game (usually to hold the lead after I eventually broke through).
I too use the full backs as an effective way to get around a defensive team and set them on runs while I hold it on the wing waiting for them. By the end of the game, Barisic is like “nah you’re alright”

I've been playing with a magic square lately, giving the flank mainly to my fullbacks, as midfielders and forwards just go there occasionally, and it happens. Their stamina depletes completely due to their constant running back and forth. Even in mid 80s. I think you need 90s stamina not to be completely done by the end of the match.

I too use the full backs as an effective way to get around a defensive team and set them on runs while I hold it on the wing waiting for them. By the end of the game, Barisic is like “nah you’re alright”

Have you seen the animation when a knackered player scores? It might have been entirely coincidental, but I had a player with nothing left in his stamina bar and staggering on the edge of the box when the ball came to him. One top corner curler later (from which he fell over when kicking the ball) and his celebration was fairly lethargic (especially considering it was an 88th minute winner). I've not seen that celebration again yet after at least 150 matches.

Have you seen the animation when a knackered player scores? It might have been entirely coincidental, but I had a player with nothing left in his stamina bar and staggering on the edge of the box when the ball came to him. One top corner curler later (from which he fell over when kicking the ball) and his celebration was fairly lethargic (especially considering it was an 88th minute winner). I've not seen that celebration again yet after at least 150 matches.
Haha, I’ve not seen that yet. Are you sure it wasn’t Lukaku? He’s lethargic from minute 1 to 90, even when he scores.

Still did not buy, waiting on the October patch (feels like a very long wait) so still on the demo.
Also hoping for some good option files.

Sorry for the off topic but check out this guys youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/catalunya1972/videos

He has recreated a lot of classic world cup teams enabling you to play most world cups of the past!
It's all for PES 2019 but here's hoping he will do the same for 2020.
Would love to play with some of those classic teams, especially replaying all those final us dutchies lost.

again...sorry for the off topic.

Guys ............. Fake Shots/Crosses ........ Don't work?!!?
Every single time I've been on the wing and faked a shot or cross to cut inside, the COM defender never reacts to the fake and just tackles me, or if I have the ball just outside the box in the AMF 'hole' position and want to fake a shot and dink the other way to make a yard to fire a shot off, nothing, defender doesnt react just tackles me.

This is using the :circle: then :x: or :square: then :x: method

Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom