eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

I play ultrawide also, it's excellent!
Only problem is the occasional warped field of view, as seen here:

Usually happens during stadium entrance and some replays.
Do you have this problem?
Are you using AMD or Nvidia?

I play ultrawide also, it's excellent!
Only problem is the occasional warped field of view, as seen here:

Usually happens during stadium entrance and some replays.
Do you have this problem?
Are you using AMD or Nvidia?
Yeah it happens. Just follow these steps by OBH and your problem will be solved. I am using nvidia.

@frokka
Like this man said :D
If you open up the video in YouTube, in the description I’ve included a step by step guide on how to fix that mirroring effect on the side of the screen. (It’s just an effect of hex editing the exe, visual glitches in one form or another are very common when you hex edit any game).

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems!

Every year the same issue with frame rate / hz ... some matches flows like water... and suddenly , in the same game session, it feels robotic and unpolished.

Every year the same issue with frame rate / hz ... some matches flows like water... and suddenly , in the same game session, it feels robotic and unpolished.
Never had any frame issues in 2019 or 2020.

Well, tell a lie, I did when I first started 2019, then did a google search and saw changing frame rate from 'highest available' to 'application controlled' in the nvidia control panel would fix the problem, and it did.

Tripple buffering is also known to cause some people issues.

Never had any frame issues in 2019 or 2020.

Well, tell a lie, I did when I first started 2019, then did a google search and saw changing frame rate from 'highest available' to 'application controlled' in the nvidia control panel would fix the problem, and it did.

Tripple buffering is also known to cause some people issues.

It is happen whit some rigs ... it is so weird. Before Fox engine the settings.exe had a option to disable vsync (like all games has) and let the vga control panel to manage the vsync.

Okay. I'm going to pre-purchase the game through Steam. It's little but still a message that demo is well appreciated.
I find it hardly to believe they could anymore really mess this totally. And if they somehow do the impossible I can see it in few games and ask for refund. Kind of a message too if that happens.

This game gives me same kind of feelings when I first played ISS though now even much better ones. I already contacted my old pal today with whom we played all day and all night ISS and PES in its glory days. I was always Netherlands and my mate was France. Great memories.

Do you guys like the demo? Do you love it?
The Official "DON'T FUCK IT UP, JAPAN" campaign by Evo-Web.

Like & Retweet!

Tell all your friends, and you friend's friends to do it too!
We need this!

Please! Do it for me, do it for him, do it for her, do it for you, do it for us, do it for them! :PP

Do you guys like the demo? Do you love it?
The Official "DON'T FUCK IT UP, JAPAN" campaign by Evo-Web.

Like & Retweet!

Tell all your friends, and you friend's friends to do it too!
We need this!

Please! Do it for me, do it for him, do it for her, do it for you, do it for us, do it for them! :PP
There still are things that have to be addressed, I've done lots of online matches and scoring from outside the box, near the edges of it, is incredibly easy, fouls also have to be addressed, sometimes you shoot and get a foul against just because your foot hits the opponent... The game looks and plays great, but I don't agree with the "don't change a thing" part...

Edit: Also, you should help me "promoting" my pre-match buge mate! :p

There still are things that have to be addressed, I've done lots of online matches and scoring from outside the box, near the edges of it, is incredibly easy, fouls also have to be addressed, sometimes you shoot and get a foul against just because your foot hits the opponent... The game looks and plays great, but I don't agree with the "don't change a thing" part...

Edit: Also, you should help me "promoting" my pre-match buge mate! :p

I'd be glad to. Just leave a link.

Because I've had a bad past with Bhatti, things he said and than at some point he said he didn't say, took us to have lots of discussions, I honestly don't want to talk to this guy.

Because I've had a bad past with Bhatti, things he said and than at some point he said he didn't say, took us to have lots of discussions, I honestly don't want to talk to this guy.

Then don't.
But you can still Tweet officialpes and Konami_UK
There's no way this is going to get to them without Twitter.

Still loving the PC demo with time extender!
Pros
  • The new cams, both stadium custom and live broadcast are excellent.Live broadcast cam sometimes lags behind the action when turning around possession quickly, hopefully they can fix this in final game.
  • the ball physics and player physicality are really good
  • graphics are better than 2019 but not significantly in the gameplay cams
  • Re-learning how to tackle without the constant free kicks given away. You do need to learn how much more the game relies on the player physicality and positioning of players versus the ball and the opposition etc. Learning to use the defenders body and get it in between the attacker and the ball and they will often steal the ball cleanly! It feels good when you can do it. Someone like Matuidi in JUve team is a beast for this! I am hardly pressing X when trying to gain possession or stop an attack now, just press R1 to sprint to get between the player and ball. It really emphasises the physicality really well of the sport!

Cons
  • Agree with others when you eventually do press X for a block tackle, it gives away a free kick little bit too often. But as above, if you learn to not spam X it is less of an issue now.
  • CPU AI needs to give away fouls bit more often I think. JUst needs a little tweak up
  • I like how the pace of the game can change quickly when being pressed and then regaining possession to launch a counter attack, but the pace of my attackers needs to be little bit faster and aggressive running into space to make it perfect. We lose the excitement of a fast pace counter attack move with the current dynamics and player AI
  • Turf colours bit off sometimes
  • CPU AI bit too direct sometimes , cutting out midfield too often
  • CPU Superstars like messi need to be more aggressive when attacking and dribbling. He feels like he should do more sometimes, as seems to be less offensive than say coutinho or roberto under CPU control
Summary
  • Kinda of agree with others that the demo is pretty good and the best we have seen for many a year now.
  • JUst need Konami to not fuck this up and leave the good as it is, and ensure they only focus on the areas that need improvement as above in the cons I listed.
  • Will be interesting if they do something really good with ML and the full gameplay, or have that as an anticlimax!
  • In all, its looking very promising!

Last edited:
Was the demo recently updated? I just started playing now and the game seems faster than before, even the passes seem to have a lot more zip to them than before. I also feel the game to be more responsive than before. It was kind of obvious to me today since I played yesterday for at least 4 hours. And I played the demo after watching some Fifa 20 video that was published today I think, so I should have found the pace in PES a lot slower than Fifa.

It could just be me though.

Was the demo recently updated? I just started playing now and the game seems faster than before, even the passes seem to have a lot more zip to them than before. I also feel the game to be more responsive than before. It was kind of obvious to me today since I played yesterday for at least 4 hours. And I played the demo after watching some Fifa 20 video that was published today I think, so I should have found the pace in PES a lot slower than Fifa.

It could just be me though.
I feel the same after update

I know there's a consensus that there's too many fouls (shock horror) and i know there's a couple of niggly ones where 2 players simply knock into each and the referee penalizes one or the other but for the most part, I don't actually mind it.

Reminds me of PES 5 all over again where you had to consider every press and every tackle. Maybe i'm being a bit over zealous and maybe it's not actually Konami's intention, But anything that encourages the player to take more agency over what happens on the pitch, Anything that forces the player to be more considerate of their choices and less passive, Less assisted from the game is a positive for me.

So the same goes for passing and shooting. If you've got to concentrate on your players body shape and timing now when executing passes and shots rather than just tapping :x: :x: :x: :square: while you're daydreaming about your plans for the weekend instead, Then we're on the right track.

I know there's a consensus that there's too many fouls (shock horror) and i know there's a couple of niggly ones where 2 players simply knock into each and the referee penalizes one or the other but for the most part, I don't actually mind it.

Reminds me of PES 5 all over again where you had to consider every press and every tackle. Maybe i'm being a bit over zealous and maybe it's not actually Konami's intention, But anything that encourages the player to take more agency over what happens on the pitch, Anything that forces the player to be more considerate of their choices and less passive, Less assisted from the game is a positive for me.

So the same goes for passing and shooting. If you've got to concentrate on your players body shape and timing now when executing passes and shots rather than just tapping :x: :x: :x: :square: while you're daydreaming about your plans for the weekend instead, Then we're on the right track.
You put in words what I am thinking! Thank you for that! :TU:

Agree with this but from what I've seen the CPU gets away with it more often than the human player, I could be wrong though.

Have really enjoyed the demo and been playing daily since it's release, just so much unpredictability and randomness, I really don't know the best words to describe unfortunately! Refuse to pre-order or let myself get excited until people on here can confirm the final game is more or less the same. :D

its not only his game, its pretty much common bug by now. I posted it on reddit and twitter already.

upvote for visibility
He knows its something that happens to everyone, that was a joke.
By the way, the demo is full on bad losers, you can't even finish a quarter of the matches you play if you are the winning side, they just quit.

By the way, the demo is full on bad losers, you can't even finish a quarter of the matches you play if you are the winning side, they just quit.
It always amazes me how people get so serious about winning, in a demo, with no leaderboard and no progression or anything. Sick of being pressured to death by everyone I play against, and then quit on after I score.

Player movement feels jelly like as usual and overall it felt like PES 19.
But I think I will be buying Pes 20 this year anyway to bring some variation. Fifa 20 looks just like fifa 19 any way.

However, they did do something with the graphics of Pes 20. It looks like Pes 19 but it looks more natural now.

So my only complaint would be the dribbling/player movement but I think it has become a staple feature of this franchise. So I just have to get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom