eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

hi all,

graphics look so good on 4k 3840 x 2160 16:9 but I get lag - framerate is set to 60 fps

anyone else playing on these settings without lag?

gameplay is fine on 1920 x 1080 16:9 and suffers no lag but of course the graphics nowhere near as good

my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb ….is this good enough?

What framerate are you actually getting though. Setting your framerate to 60 in the settings does not dictate this.

hi all,

graphics look so good on 4k 3840 x 2160 16:9 but I get lag - framerate is set to 60 fps

anyone else playing on these settings without lag?

gameplay is fine on 1920 x 1080 16:9 and suffers no lag but of course the graphics nowhere near as good

my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb ….is this good enough?
No buddy, for that resolution you GPU is not enough.

PES doesn't have full native support for Ultrawide monitors and it has black bars on any pre-rendered scenes such as goals, entrances etc. There are however no technical issues playing on UW at all.

Click this link, and in the video description I've left instructions on how to get it working perfectly. You can see in the video that there are no black bars, and crazy effects on the edges of the screen you get from hex editing the exe.

Ultrawide Fix

And what about game performance ? I read that 21:9 are about 15-20% less efficient than 16:9.

And what about game performance ? I read that 21:9 are about 15-20% less efficient than 16:9.
Its just like any pc game isn’t it; performance depends on your hardware and how well the game it optimised. 4K monitors are 16:9 and display more pixels than UW monitors. If you have a 10yr old pc and buy a UW monitor to replace a 1080p one, then yeah, obviously it would perform noticeably worse. However, Ive yet to find a single game that has technical problems caused because it’s 21:9.

PES itself runs beautifully. You just need to tweak a few things because it doesn’t natively support it fully.

PES doesn't have full native support for Ultrawide monitors and it has black bars on any pre-rendered scenes such as goals, entrances etc. There are however no technical issues playing on UW at all.

Click this link, and in the video description I've left instructions on how to get it working perfectly. You can see in the video that there are no black bars, and crazy effects on the edges of the screen you get from hex editing the exe.

Ultrawide Fix

The cutscenes in this game aren't pre-rendered. They are fully rendered in-engine [in realtime].

Makes it more ridiculous that they added black bars on realtime cutscenes instead of having proper support.

Sorry, you’re absolutely right.
I’m just used to saying it when talking about black bars.

I really hate defending and players switching in this game... it's like playing Russian Roulet... You never know when your player will decide to take or touch the ball.. most of the time they just touch, tickle the opponent but nothing else makes the ball go past and that's it... The more I play the more nonsense in this game. Looks now the AI deciding what and when things will happen in defense, with the taking of the ball and the player's reaction, and I have to wrestle with the buttons and watch after being locked in a tickle and fight animation. So I found an easy way to the defense.. just don't defense manually at all :D .. let the AI do it for you. Cover the area or the player who will eventually pass the ball and hold the second player button to press the opponent with a ball .. this proves to be the most efficient way for defending. The co-op will be a mess :D

How now you can push the ball forward just before shot or pass? Before was R2+rigth stick, in PES 6 was R1+L1, now its gone.

How you can stop your player immediately in every direction?? Before was holding R1, now players are stoping but turning to the opponent player...

With PA1 the passes are all over the place... I hate it.

I LOVE to dribbling and to make tricks combos!!! In every PES ... in every football game I'm always try to learn and use all advance tricks dribblings now after 30 games still, I'm more sure that changing these to FINES dribbling (it's basically old close control but with bit more animations... Konami love to put old stuff with new names) on the right stick and to friked up R2 is awful decision...
It's starting to make less sense after each match... NOW you have the football game that you moving your player with booth sticks.. and, that should be more precisely and correctly... what? WHO SAY THAT.. somebody who does not have an idea from basic game mechanics...

Someone will say .. "Look, it's not so bad .. you can get used to" .... yes, of course, you can get used to it with everything, you can even get used to having an arrow in your "back" .. but is it better not to have an arrow stuck in the "back"?

All that was possible to be made with R2+ Left stick. Next year let's single stick to control the single foot, Left the left foot and right the right foot .. will be so much fun.

Last edited:
lousy mate - i'm new to pc gaming
@
can you recommend a graphics card - thanks

my pc hardware as follows

Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHZ
ram 16gb
64bit processor
For 4K gaming go for a GTX 1080 and an i7-4790K, this is my combination even though I'm very tempted to buy an i9-9900k (overkill for actual games), this will force me to change my motherboard and RAM too, that's why I'm still not sure of doing it or not...

For 4K gaming go for a GTX 1080 and an i7-4790K, this is my combination even though I'm very tempted to buy an i9-9900k (overkill for actual games), this will force me to change my motherboard and RAM too, that's why I'm still not sure of doing it or not...

Wow loads of money - I’ve only just purchased my PC you see so if I had to update my graphics card I would but I wouldn’t want to spend more

i9 is more for editing. Something like Hitman is really CPU intensive due to all the AI at work all the time, but the majority of games simply don't need it
I have an i7-9700k, 2080ti & 16gb RAM. I'll probably end up getting 32gb RAM before a new CPU as other games I play like Escape from Tarkov are really RAM intensive.

Though if PES is your main thing then this is massively overkilling it.

I LOVE to dribbling and to make tricks combos!!! In every PES ... in every football game I'm always try to learn and use all advance tricks dribblings now after 30 games still, I'm more sure that changing these to FINES dribbling (it's basically old close control but with bit more animations... Konami love to put old stuff with new names) on the right stick and to friked up R2 is awful decision...
It's starting to make less sense after each match... NOW you have the football game that you moving your player with booth sticks.. and, that should be more precisely and correctly... what? WHO SAY THAT.. somebody who does not have an idea from basic game mechanics...

Someone will say .. "Look, not so bad .. you can get used to" .... yes, of course, you can get used to it with everything, you can even get used to having an arrow in your "back" .. but is it better not to have an arrow stuck in the "back"?

All that was possible to be made with R2+ Left stick. Next year let's single stick to control the single foot, Left the left foot and right the right foot .. will be so much fun.
Agreed the skill moves / finesse dribble controls properly suck.

I'm surprised you don't like the passing. What about it don't you like? players aren't less accurate because it's broken, but because players stats are rubbish or they're passing at an awkward angle. I think the passing has never been better.

Anyone seen this video? I randomly came across it on and gave it a watch.
Most "Fifa player plays PES" videos is just poinless trolling, this guy starts off making sense (but my god does he take a long time to get to the point) but then towards the end spouts some absolute nonsense.

I've always found listening to long-time Fifa players opinion on PES really, really interesting (when they aren't just being a dick about it).

I really hate defending and players switching in this game... it's like playing Russian Roulet... You never know when your player will decide to take or touch the ball.. most of the time they just touch, tickle the opponent but nothing else makes the ball go past and that's it... The more I play the more nonsense in this game. Looks now the AI deciding what and when things will happen in defense, with the taking of the ball and the player's reaction, and I have to wrestle with the buttons and watch after being locked in a tickle and fight animation. So I found an easy way to the defense.. just don't defense manually at all :D .. let the AI do it for you. Cover the area or the player who will eventually pass the ball and hold the second player button to press the opponent with a ball .. this proves to be the most efficient way for defending. The co-op will be a mess :D

How now you can push the ball forward just before shot or pass? Before was R2+rigth stick, in PES 6 was R1+L1, now its gone.

How you can stop your player immediately in every direction?? Before was holding R1, now players are stoping but turning to the opponent player...

Someone will say .. "Look, it's not so bad .. you can get used to" .... yes, of course, you can get used to it with everything, you can even get used to having an arrow in your "back" .. but is it better not to have an arrow stuck in the "back"?

I thought I was the only one, I was playing co-op and the passes were so ridiculous

i9 is more for editing. Something like Hitman is really CPU intensive due to all the AI at work all the time, but the majority of games simply don't need it
I have an i7-9700k, 2080ti & 16gb RAM. I'll probably end up getting 32gb RAM before a new CPU as other games I play like Escape from Tarkov are really RAM intensive.

i Only play PES or FIFA so I don’t mind laying out for a new graphics card but i wouldn’t want to overhaul my whole system to accomadate it

I was looking at
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G

Last edited:

I'm surprised you don't like the passing. What about it don't you like? players aren't less accurate because it's broken, but because players stats are rubbish or they're passing at an awkward angle. I think the passing has never been better.

Most "Fifa player plays PES" videos is just pointless trolling, this guy starts off making sense (but my god does he take a long time to get to the point) but then towards the end spouts some absolute nonsense.

I've always found listening to long-time Fifa players opinion on PES really, really interesting (when they aren't just being a **** about it).

I don't know.. passing is.. weird but I'm still not sure in the good or bad way. Maybe I need to wait for a full game. I'm talking about PA1, I play only on PA1 since there have options to chose the passing assistant levels, maybe it's since PES 2011. In PES 2020 sometimes passes are THAT bad and incorrect in some situation are not even make senses..that is made it for emulate all this "randomness", but that can be crucial if you playing online, co-op vs players who play with PA3 let's say. To be fair they must screw up PA3 too. Now is a way too ridiculous but I'm sure they will never do that because now its eFootball right ? In Konami's stupid eSports events, that nobody watch and nobody care, anyone plays with PA3.

Most "Fifa player plays PES" videos is just poinless trolling, this guy starts off making sense (but my god does he take a long time to get to the point) but then towards the end spouts some absolute nonsense.

I've always found listening to long-time Fifa players opinion on PES really, really interesting (when they aren't just being a **** about it).

Well, If I need to make an upgrade to what I already have I would never go for another i7 honestly, so seeing my i7 is starting to get too hot lately, even changing the thermal paste and fan (Noctua), my only upgrade in mind is the i9 for a future prospect, everyday I'm almost there starting my order but than I stop, thinking about sucking all the life out of my actual CPU first...

What player are you using at the time? You’ll have to get a video.

Asking because players like Dembele can’t pass to save their lives unless you’re facing directly at them. He even gets simple through balls wrong and overhits them.

Personally I like it because when passes go wrong, I can check their stats and it always makes sense why it happened. 2019 it didn’t seem to matter if their passing skill was 10 or 100, it was always the same. By contrast Rakitic or Ozil can play some amazingly weighted through balls.

It’s the first time I’ve felt like there’s a variety in players passing is years and years. Trying to switch the play with a fullback using their wrong foot is excellent, it goes absolutely nowhere near I aim it :D

@

ram 16gb
64bit processor

Pes isnt that demanding to run even at 4k. Most likely ur getting stutter because your GPU only has 3GB VRAM. At higher resolutions/settings, more VRAM will be needed. If you had the 6GB version of that card it may have helped. But yea, cards like the AMD rx 5700 or 5700xt, gtx 1070, rtx 2060 will all be decent choices if you're looking to upgrade at a reasonable cost.

it seems to me that we are approaching fifa .. is no longer pes

Why, because they took the Fifa tricks system? When something works there is nothing wrong adding and adapting it to your game. But Pes is still distinctly Pes. It still has that "clunkiness", that player weight that casual Fifa players don't really like because they are so accustomed to a quick and ultra responsive game that having a slightly slower paced match with players taking more touches to control the ball they call it "clunky".

try the latest fifa patch that's just dropped then go straight to pes 20 demo.. In the pitch its like going from a mondeo to a Bentley.. Fifa is horrible on the pitch pes feels so fluid to play

Visited my brother last evening, he bought the ea access on the PS4 and we played a match of FIFA19...well without going into a PES v FIFA topic here. Yes its nothing like PES. Personally i think besides the fast pass speed we drifted away from the FIFA like gameplay heavily with this demo despite calling it efootball.

Wow loads of money - I’ve only just purchased my PC you see so if I had to update my graphics card I would but I wouldn’t want to spend more

I have a GTX 1070 that works smoothly up til PES 2019 and I'd expect it to with 2020.

also keep this in mind if you play MyClub : it is a bad game for your wallet you will play it and first you will think - if only i had this team, these players. the you will think if only i had this broadband, this router, this controller, this GFX card....etc.....I could be better.

No.

Also, I will never go 4K - at least not til my existing TVs break [hopefully never].

I have a GTX 1070 that works smoothly up til PES 2019 and I'd expect it to with 2020.

also keep this in mind if you play MyClub : it is a bad game for your wallet you will play it and first you will think - if only i had this team, these players. the you will think if only i had this broadband, this router, this controller, this GFX card....etc.....I could be better.

No.

Also, I will never go 4K - at least not till my existing TVs break [hopefully never].
My GTX 970 is running PES 2020 smoothly too on High and full HD.

Sorry, maybe I do not I don't get right about: " You will pay it " for MyClub.. but you do NOT need to pay or buy coins .. I never do it and I have almost all good players in the game and I even do not play so much MyClub, mostly co-op. The only reason what I can get for " paying " in MyClub is if you want them fast and if you want Konami to help you during the match. The scrip is made this way, to help people who buying pes coins and to screw up these who do not. It's basically P2W.

@

ram 16gb
64bit processor
https://m.cclonline.com/product/232...s-Card-PCI-E-DVI-D-HDMI-DisplayPort-/VGA3830/

In your position I'd consider this one, £172.50 at the moment.

Depends on your budget and what other games you'd be playing, but I think this would be more than enough for PES.

4k though is still not worth it in my opinion for gaming.

Are using 4k tv ?
1. Try to reduce the resolution scaling in pes in game graphic setting, until you get desired performance picture quality. OR,
2. Set the game to 1440p resolution and let your tv upscale it for you. In my experience on 49 inch 4k tv with 2-2.5 viewing distance, it is hard for me to look the difference between upscaled 1440p vs native 4k.

@

ram 16gb
64bit processor

Yeah, 4K gaming isn't worth it yet.
Not until they release 4K resolution monitors or TV @ 120hz at least!.
And when they do, those babies will be expensive!

My GTX 970 is running PES 2020 smoothly too on High and full HD.

Sorry, maybe I do not I don't get right about: " You will pay it " for MyClub.. but you do NOT need to pay or buy coins .. I never do it and I have almost all good players in the game and I even do not play so much MyClub, mostly co-op. The only reason what I can get for " paying " in MyClub is if you want them fast and if you want Konami to help you during the match. The scrip is made this way, to help people who buying pes coins and to screw up these who do not. It's basically P2W.

i understand you. we are an educated PES community now.

i too did not pay with real money back in 2015...but i did pay with my sanity .... entering late night competitions the ended at 2am, waking early to start the new days competitions and entering the 3 hourly competitions over the weekend - just for GP to clear the agents.

all in the belief that MyClub was going to be a successful esport.

came off it in 2018. get some occasional tics when i think about it but this place saves me.

Back
Top Bottom