eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a team qualifies into champions league for first time in 5 years, you can't expect that this team wins the competition, but you can enjoy every european night.

About 2014 animations...i don't know if someone here knows anything about animation. But one of the big reasons that there has a good foodplating it's because it was the pes without lesser player individuality of the series.

Then, make a good animation system that has no sense of player differences in speed, explosive power, agility, weight, etc...
its so simple.

You can run the same animation parameters for all of them and you won't have this footplanting issues.

Maybe. But football is a sport with so many variables that it's impossible to get all the necessary animations for each action that happen around the ball but also further away from it too, for 22 humans within a rectangle behaving naturally but at the same time feeling individual from each other, NOT in perfect sync, without any sliding or clipping, etc.

Making a Tennis game is so much easier.
I'd say Rugby and Football are probably the most complex sports to cater for, in the virtual world.

I don't think that's true.

Fifa fans dislike Pes so much that when it was offered free with Ps+ they absolutely raged. Saw many people saying:"won't play it even if free" and things like that.

Do you know what Fifa fans say about Pes? "Yes, after Fifa releases who plays Pes anymore?"

Pes is still firmly Pes, it's still distinguishable from Fifa, even if it has several elements coming from it.

There are some Fifa fans giving a try to Pes every year because they are tired with Fifa's stale gameplay but that's it. I think we shouldn't act like Fifa is the best and Pes is the worst because that's far from truth.

There is a reason why almost everyone is angry with the way EA develops its game but despite that most don't even give Pes a chance, some are attracted by it and try the demo but are quickly put off by its "slow and clunky" gameplay, that's what they say about Pes.

So, both are not at their best. Best Fifa age was Fifa 08-12. Best Pes age was Ps2 age. This generation has been so bad for football games, dominated by microtransactions.

Best case would be a third competitor like @B-Man said, but that won't happen as the videogame market as it is right now doesn't allow for something experimental, like it was in Ps1 and Ps2 days.
Man. I did say "some" :D

Has anyone seen any videos in which the GK comes out of the box to narrow down the chances of the attacker in 1 on 1 situations?.
I think they're dragging some of the core issues PES 2019 had. That being among of the most glaring ones. No-Fouls being another one.

Has anyone seen any videos in which the GK comes out of the box to narrow down the chances of the attacker in 1 on 1 situations?.
I think they're dragging some of the core issues PES 2019 had. That being among of the most glaring ones. No-Fouls being another one.

I saw it in this video around 12:43

I think it's pretty much down to weather goalie is "offensive" or "defensive".

That goal at 6:00

:SICK::SICK:

Everything about that looks like utter shite. Definitely changed from E3 and indeed MidniteKid confirms that animations have been sped up/responsiveness increased. Who could have predicted that, certainly not me.

DMK emphasized in his video that the speed is THE SAME.
The responsiveness is what's been changed. He clearly said that.

DMK emphasized in his video that the speed is THE SAME.
The responsiveness is what's been changed. He clearly said that.

Well considering you thought the CPU was a human player I'm not sure I trust your observational skills. :NO:

What I heard was his usual euphemistic/political BS to try and sugar coat it somewhat, but clearly said animations play out quicker. To me that means it's been sped up.

Well considering you thought the CPU was a human player I'm not sure I trust your observational skills. :NO:

What I heard was his usual euphemistic/political BS to try and sugar coat it somewhat, but clearly said animations play out quicker. To me that means it's been sped up.

OK mate, no worries.
Suit yourself.

You know I'm not disliking those latest videos of today. I'm getting a general promising vibe. A hope that maybe something enjoyable could really come out this year.

OK mate, no worries.
Suit yourself.

Honestly I don't blame you for getting confused, his explanation was pretty self-contradictory. He says initially that the speed hasn't changed, but then two sentences later says "the game has sped up slightly in the play by play because of the responsiveness of the animations". Unless you define game speed as literally just player movement speed then I'm not sure how that doesn't constitute being sped up, since it will inevitably result in a perceived speed increase.

And this is only a couple of weeks after E3, once Japan has finished it's "tuning" process I fully expect it will be back to full on steroids arcade mode.

You know I'm not disliking those latest videos of today. I'm getting a general promising vibe. A hope that maybe something enjoyable could really come out this year.

I'm undecided to be honest.
I like some bits, I dislike some others.
I'm not thrilled about anything at the moment, but I'm not hating it either.

What’s wrong with it?

- Totti skill move was obviously post-E3 sped up animation, arcade FIFA Street nonsense.
- The ball physics on R2 shots are horrible and look scripted.
- The goalkeeper dive looked pathetic as always.

Scoring goals isn't satisfying in PES and hasn't been for years, they still won't be satisfying if the videos are anything to go by.

- Totti skill move was obviously post-E3 sped up animation, arcade FIFA Street nonsense.
- The ball physics on R2 shots are horrible and look scripted.
- The goalkeeper dive looked pathetic as always.

Scoring goals isn't satisfying in PES and hasn't been for years, they still won't be satisfying if the videos are anything to go by.

It’s your opinion and I don’t agree

- The animation at 2:20 seems new (pass while sliding by smalling)
- The pull at 5:08 seems natural
- The goal at 5:57 is a beauty, because I can see some bits of dribbling, a low finish, both of which I haven't seen much in 2019
- Some nice play from the AI at 7:08
- I don't know about you guys, but the keeper animations, at least in this video, seem good
- One thing that's noticeably missing from the E3 build is the physicality, that was one of my favorites in the E3 build, I'd be gutted if they don't have that again in the final build

Last edited:
I wish they allowed starting their games without having internet connection.
Their games still get pirated, so it's not like their "always online" thing even works [Unlike NFS 2015] so why are they making things inconvenient for legit users?

Also is this the same on consoles? Or those can be played w/o internet?

I can't figure PES2020 out.
The previous video I shared (GameSpot - Man U user vs PES legends AI) had a visibly slower pace, whereas this game (PES legends user vs Man U AI) is a frantically paced match. It seems like teams not set up well (like PES legends) play a slower game as AI as opposed to properly set up teams like Man United.

Honestly I don't blame you for getting confused, his explanation was pretty self-contradictory. He says initially that the speed hasn't changed, but then two sentences later says "the game has sped up slightly in the play by play because of the responsiveness of the animations". Unless you define game speed as literally just player movement speed then I'm not sure how that doesn't constitute being sped up, since it will inevitably result in a perceived speed increase.

And this is only a couple of weeks after E3, once Japan has finished it's "tuning" process I fully expect it will be back to full on steroids arcade mode.

Because its not the same thing at all. You can change animation, pass, shoot, dribbling speed and generally everything like with the game speed. He meant that the speed wasnt touched but the animations were tweaked and due to that u might feel it quicker how players react to the ball.

I wish they allowed starting their games without having internet connection.
Their games still get pirated, so it's not like their "always online" thing even works [Unlike NFS 2015] so why are they making things inconvenient for legit users?

Also is this the same on consoles? Or those can be played w/o internet?
on console you can play offline. no need to be connected to their servers! 2017 for example, loads real quick these days because the game cant connect to non-existing servers!

on console you can play offline. no need to be connected to their servers! 2017 for example, loads real quick these days because the game cant connect to non-existing servers!
On PC, since going to steam, you can not even start the game exe if you do not have an internet connection...

AHHH... i'm not sure about that... I'm not sure that I like this new R2... I don't see any reason to change R2 with Right Stick ... R2 always was close control, now its skill moves? Yes in PS2 era with R2 you can do step over and back-drag, but was close control, close and precise first touch. Right stick now is close control... Now they go back to PES 2009-PES2010 skill system when all skills were on left stick + R2 + right stick or what? That was the worst decision by Konami back then...

quote-don-t-fix-what-s-not-broken-robert-atkins-131-36-57.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom