eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
off topic
what a terrible scripted match last night in Copa America:
View attachment 17189

Just shows that these things happen in real life also and not so rarely as some may think.
But if it was the same case in a Pes game everybody would go mental and start screaming about scripting..
Having more possesion and more shots means nothing more than just having more chances to get a good result.
But it doesn't guarantee you anything.And that's the beauty of football.
You can't see this thing in basketball for example.

Did you guys watch the game?

Peru dominated Chile during the 1st half. Second half was more even, but still they fought every ball and put the game to bed with Guerrero's goal after a good counter-attack when Chile was almost all-out on attack trying to score one.

So this isn't represented in PES.
What happens in PES is that the AI decides to start playing well and score at will AFTER you score a goal, specially during the second half.

If it happened the way it did yesterday, I would be happy!

Sigh. Of course as a PR guy/community manager he was limited in saying what he thought about the game. I don't think that manifests a fundamental dishonesty, just basic professionalism. He has, since leaving, been very candid about the game and Konami on Twitter, and I for one think that's a good thing. He said he's moderately interested in PES, but thinks it won't be worth the purchase until they can show they've sorted out online quality and implemented a deeper range of modes.

Professionalism is what I expect from the PES PR guys but we get anything but.

I know people who were blocked by Asim on Twitter for asking a straightforward question about Master League. That isn’t professional, it’s absurd. They wasn’t abusive or rude. And he blocked them.

If you look at how the PR guys handle the ‘other football game’, that’s professionalism. PES, unfortunately, has the wrong people working as the face of the game. Yes, they’re supposed to promote it. But they’ve also downright lied about the game before release in the past.

Professionalism? The worst possible word you could use in this case.

The issue with PES is that there’s a boy’s club of sorts and you either nod along and tell them it’s the best game ever or you get blocked/ignored. It’s completely unprofessional and does the series no good whatsoever.

Yeah but it's still human vs human! I don't think we can really judge how good the AI behaves when 4 humans are constantly switching around between players.
It’s just the AI they play against together. 2 humans player on one side against the AI on the other. You can fill up these places with other humans.
Doesn't anyone play coop?!

Peru dominated Chile during the 1st half. Second half was more even, but still they fought every ball and put the game to bed with Guerrero's goal after a good counter-attack when Chile was almost all-out on attack trying to score one.

So this isn't represented in PES.
What happens in PES is that the AI decides to start playing well and score at will AFTER you score a goal, specially during the second half.

If it happened the way it did yesterday, I would be happy!
To be honest i didn't watch the game.Gonna see the highlights after.
Was just commenting from the stats i saw.

What about BRA-ARG?;)
I read that there might be some referee scandal..
I think they're overeacting.Only questionable decision i saw was the Otamendi incident that could of been a penalty but i have seen many other examples like this where it wasn't given.
But Argentina played well especially second half.
He should really have given Dybala more game time in the tournament,barely used him.
Used Di Maria more instead who looks like he's close to retirement nowadays.

To be honest i didn't watch the game.Gonna see the highlights after.
Was just commenting from the stats i saw.

What about BRA-ARG?;)
I read that there might be some referee scandal..
I think they're overeacting.Only questionable decision i saw was the Otamendi incident that could of been a penalty but i have seen many other examples like this where it wasn't given.
But Argentina played well especially second half.
He should really have given Dybala more game time in the tournament,barely used him.
Used Di Maria more instead who looks like he's close to retirement nowadays.

Please mate, don't get me started.
I'm not over it yet.

Professionalism is what I expect from the PES PR guys but we get anything but.

I know people who were blocked by Asim on Twitter for asking a straightforward question about Master League. That isn’t professional, it’s absurd. They wasn’t abusive or rude. And he blocked them.

If you look at how the PR guys handle the ‘other football game’, that’s professionalism. PES, unfortunately, has the wrong people working as the face of the game. Yes, they’re supposed to promote it. But they’ve also downright lied about the game before release in the past.

Professionalism? The worst possible word you could use in this case.

The issue with PES is that there’s a boy’s club of sorts and you either nod along and tell them it’s the best game ever or you get blocked/ignored. It’s completely unprofessional and does the series no good whatsoever.
I get you. I'm not saying that that former community manager was generally professional. I understand at times he probably got overeager with the block button, or missed some nuance in a message, read it the wrong way and overreacted. I saw that happen; I saw him react badly to what I thought was a good tongue-in-cheek joke that I made. I chalk it up to misunderstandings – but yes, maybe not the most professional thing.

In any case, the reason I brought up professionalism was just to say that there's nothing odd about being positive about the game when your job is literally to be positive about the game. To be openly negative while in a PR role would be extremely unprofessional, and so to that extent, by being positive about the game, he was just being professional – it doesn't make him duplicitous to now say that he's not really feeling good about PES.

this french youtuber who have tested MU version said :
PES 20 MU version is between PES 19 and PES 20 E3 Version.
There's less physic contact between players than the E3 version.
Lobbed 1-2 triangle is more easy than the E3 Version.
GK are less great than PES 19, and the same in the E3 version
players stamina is the same as Pes 19
Man U is cheated in this version

Thats a relief.

Not a coincidence the fact that I said It Just look worse physics wise, both for ball and players overall.

Looks like I have trained eyes :COOL:

i wish they get it done that the kits get more dirty after tackles and fouls. after 90 minutes most of the players leaving the pitch look like they had never contact with the gound. small detail but think that would be a good step forward to realisim.

Some little bits and highlights I thought were worth sharing:

This one might be one of the few times I liked how the new finesse dribbling looks:

Also, looks like the fake-shot move has been massively improved. Like it so much more than the way it's been since 2014.

Look at Pogba down the center!

Some little bits and highlights I thought were worth sharing:

This one might be one of the few times I liked how the new finesse dribbling looks:

Also, looks like the fake-shot move has been massively improved. Like it so much more than the way it's been since 2014.

Look at Pogba down the center!

Fake shot looks really good,and looks like smooth when dribbling on the ball there Chuny

Those GIFs are fake news. I swear the PES PR team should just retweet his GIFs all day because it makes the game look so much better than it really is.

The changes to shooting do look quite promising, players sprinting through on goal and completely missing the target, almost PES 5 like. It's just a shame they couldn't apply the same logic to other areas of the game, because then you'd actually be getting somewhere towards reestablishing the old skill cap.

AI did look slightly better in the newest vids, but I think they've gone too far in the other direction and introduced the opposite problem, now even when there is an easy square ball on they opt to shoot which looks ridiculous, e.g. 17:25 here where Iniesta has Batistuta available but shoots straight into the defender.

i assumed he became more of a fifa fan after konami started going backwards 10yrs ago with everything dont blame him, but didnt know he was a fifa fan from the start

When he worked at KONAMI he loved Pes but before he loved FIFA...
Kinda like that. I just didn't like his influence or vibes he gave off. Everything he spoke about or showed reeked FIFA. It felt like what he liked about PES was it was becoming more like FIFA, or maybe from his position he tried his best to influence or push it. Or maybe Konami simply wanted to go down that FIFA route and he was the right person for it. Either way, he had FIFA written all over him.

I don't have a problem with FIFA. But I didn't want PES, a different game that had different ideas and direction, to turn into a FIFA clone. We already have one and don't need two. Diversity is good.

The irony is though is that FIFA imo, bit by bit, kept adding non arcade elements since last gen, improving slowly. Things like random/different outcomes and goal satisfaction, better footplanting, etc improved in FIFA, while regressed in PES. The irony again is that the same things FIFA is getting rid of/got rid of, PES is copying and therefore worsening their game. Lots of skating going around, repetitive goals, braindead AI, no fouls, no offsides, etc. All the arcade elements are being taken on board. I don't comprehend it.

You know why you find some FIFA players on YouTube kinda impressed with PES? Because it tickles their arcade, free-flowing, seamless, nonstop gameplay they want. They want to play a football game and have mindless fun with it. When they crap on FIFA now and cheer for PES, you know why. When they don't find the arcade elements they always loved in FIFA and changes to something more realistic, they call it shit and unresponsive. They try PES and praise it, because it gives them what they're looking for.

Still for me both games are neither here nor there. Their original identities are being mixed up.

How? eFootball is human vs human. Humans decide whether to slide tackle and whatnot.
We are saying that the AI needs to be more aggressive, try to push you off the ball, tackle you, mistime those tackles, etc. Nothing to do with these eSports trash.

Wolf in sheep clothing.
Yea. Well, even in human v human the game hardly gives you fouls. It's designed that way. I've seen a few videos of that. They'd do all they can to make the game as seamless and as showy/flashy as possible.

Peru dominated Chile during the 1st half.
They fought for each ball when they lost it, amazing pressure, each player had support whenever they went to attack, no slacking and so on... First game in a long time that kept me sitting and watching. Good football indeed.

The thing that impressed me the most about the video above is the first touch control, I see a lot of more natural heaviness. I swear I haven't seen a bad stop like the one on 5:00 in literal ages.

Fingers crossed..

Agree about the first touch but I take issue with the fact that Ashley Young, who the heavy touch rolls towards, completely ignores the ball. (As does the defender who is just behind him and runs right past the ball). This happens because Rashford has a power bar meaning that he and his marker are locked onto the ball and the other AI aren't interested. (Sidenote: I appreciate that you might not want Young to engage with the ball but in real life he probably would have taken the touch given the proximity of the opposition).

I admit this might be a small thing but from playing fixed cursor for years I see far worse and annoying examples of this. Moments where players get completely dragged out of position when others are better placed to deal with the situation. As regular swapping-players if you were on the other side of this you would probably be able to switch defenders to intercept the ball before Rashford gets there but knowing this is still a problem for the AI will be disappointing to experience.

I just watched this PES 2014 video
We all remember the crappy response times but everything else was on the right track.

-The tactical system
-the size of the pitch is smaller and not this huge pitch that we have today where the game just gives you artificial space on purpose
- The A.I. in attack and defense looks light years better than any A.I. we've seen in PES the past 5 years
- The player awareness and positioning is light years better than the past 5 years. notice how there aren't these huge gaps between the lines like we have had the past 3+ years
- The animations look phenomenal. they attempted some sort of foot planting, body balance and physicality
- very rarely do you see a slidey animation now all we have is slidey skatey animations
- the ball physics weren't bad either.

Go watch a PES 2019 video now from the other day after watching this video. The game looks like it has regressed so much.

If they would have stayed on track and built off of PES 2014 and figured out response times I think PES would be phenomenal right now. Instead we get a game that keeps changing the "on ball" stuff every year. The "on ball" stuff has not been the problem yet every year its something new. Go work on the off-ball stuff that gets passed over every year. How can you make changes to ML and expect people to play it if the A.I. sucks?

I digress

I just watched this PES 2014 video

We all remember the crappy response times but everything else was on the right track.
ZERO fouls!!!!!!

(mostly a joke... I did really like the defensive compactness and smaller pitch size, general ability of defenders to jog back but face the play, etc.)

ZERO fouls!!!!!!

(mostly a joke... I did really like the defensive compactness and smaller pitch size, general ability of defenders to jog back but face the play, etc.)

lol 2014 was not perfect and keepers sucked too. but so much was on the right track and then they scrapped it to chase a casual audience. look at the variety in which the A.I. attacked. you see dribbles, build up, not this 1 touch ping pong shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom