eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched PESEP video for a bit and like the look of it. He was saying body allignement makes a difference and I am hopeful that is true as the first thing he did was change to PA3 which is quite frankly pathetic. But if he is saying it is having an effect while playing on baby mode then HOPEFULLY it will help bring an end to the ping pong era. Although I am sure there will be a deluge of people complaining on Twitter during the demo that their passes aren't going to feet every time despite playing a pass with their weaker foot over the shoulder while falling over. Then konami will patch it so every pass hits on pa3 and the "pro players" will be pacified again. Either ban pa2 and 3 and have a mild direction help on 1 only. Or give me a proper filter to stop having to play against a 3 or 2 players online as I am sick of them.

Unrelated but your 'not that Daniel Henry' tagline is great.
The freekicks mechanic aren't bad, it's thes same as PS2 but has a huge difference that makes it much worse, It's extremelly easy score a goal.

I like Fifa penalty shootout, makes it exciting.

What the fuck is wrong with that graphic on that last Man Utd video? When the ball is on the rear side of the field players and ball become darker? Way tooooo black. I don't like it at all. Same issue with turf which is not clear on the rear side of the field. Horrible LOD again?

PES 2019 is a quite good game human vs human but lost its magic when it comes to score a goal and of that video footage ive seen until now NOTHING will change. Maybe BIG BANG with PS5 and new engine....

I know what you mean and I think you're right. Only with the new engine will be get fundamentally different game play. But that is going to come with it's own downsides of course as will be a bit more unrefined. But yeah next years release should be a lot more interesting.

Watched PESEP video for a bit and like the look of it. He was saying body allignement makes a difference and I am hopeful that is true as the first thing he did was change to PA3 which is quite frankly pathetic. But if he is saying it is having an effect while playing on baby mode then HOPEFULLY it will help bring an end to the ping pong era. Although I am sure there will be a deluge of people complaining on Twitter during the demo that their passes aren't going to feet every time despite playing a pass with their weaker foot over the shoulder while falling over. Then konami will patch it so every pass hits on pa3 and the "pro players" will be pacified again. Either ban pa2 and 3 and have a mild direction help on 1 only. Or give me a proper filter to stop having to play against a 3 or 2 players online as I am sick of them.

Pesep is a good guy, he doesn't hype the game with an ulterior motive, i watch his Twitch streams and i hear how many times he complains about Pes, he literally trashed Pes 2019 gameplay in every possible way. But he is stuck in the same cycle. At first he thinks the new Pes is much better than the old one, then he plays it more and starts noticing issues, then by the new year he is convinced that the game is still bad.

So, i am not going to give too much weight to what he says. There is the usual mix of being invited to exclusive previews excitement plus new game hype beside having too little time to really appreciate the gameplay changes.

Honestly it's just the demo and definitely the day one code that will give us the idea about where Pes 2020 stands.

I bet that if Konami never announced the "new" misplaced passes and shots he wouldn't have noticed it either. It's very subtle and not very noticeable, nothing game changing.

Pesep is a good guy, he doesn't hype the game with an ulterior motive, i watch his Twitch streams and i hear how many times he complains about Pes, he literally trashed Pes 2019 gameplay in every possible way. But he is stuck in the same cycle. At first he thinks the new Pes is much better than the old one, then he plays it more and starts noticing issues, then by the new year he is convinced that the game is still bad.

So, i am not going to give too much weight to what he says. There is the usual mix of being invited to exclusive previews excitement plus new game hype beside having too little time to really appreciate the gameplay changes.

Honestly it's just the demo and definitely the day one code that will give us the idea about where Pes 2020 stands.

I bet that if Konami never announced the "new" misplaced passes and shots he wouldn't have noticed it either. It's very subtle and not very noticeable, nothing game changing.

Have you seen the video??

They are playing PA3 and PA2

At least 1vs1 seems incredible. View this video and view a PES 2019 gameplay just before.

Huge difference in a better way.

Better not make any serious conclusions from these few videos.
It's easy to get disappointed or hyped from a video.
There are many factors,from how the user is playing,to which tactics and formations are used etc.
This 3-4-3 Legends formation is all over the place and they play Vieira and Nedved!! as CB's ffs!
Two weeks ago many were kinda optimistic from 1-2 decent enough videos they've seen and now they're throwing it all away because of 1-2 not so decent enough videos.
In 25 days we'll have the demo ourselves to play as many matches as we want and everyone will decide for himself if he likes what he sees or not,regardless of what others may say or what he saw in a video.
The fact is that it always feels and plays much better when you play it compared to what you see in a video where you can't feel anything.

Have you seen the video??

They are playing PA3 and PA2

At least 1vs1 seems incredible. View this video and view a PES 2019 gameplay just before.

Huge difference in a better way.

Pes has always been good 1vs1, it's fun, unpredictable, there are fouls. Issues come when playing against the CPU where the game feels like it has a very different gameplay because it's also influenced by the way CPU plays. If CPU is smart enough to be a threat without using the same overpowered offensive plays then it becomes enjoyable.

I know what you mean and I think you're right. Only with the new engine will be get fundamentally different game play. But that is going to come with it's own downsides of course as will be a bit more unrefined. But yeah next years release should be a lot more interesting.

real problem are the keepers, positioning, reflexes, animations... some of the magic that is lost are the keepers. unpredictable moments are lost cause you know before the shoot reach the goal what will happen next and that is a gamebreaker!

Unrelated but your 'not that Daniel Henry' tagline is great.

Its just for fun but it seems that things are a little tense here, I will change it. I dont want to troll or be disrespectful with anyone. I hope that some day, Konami will listen to Evo Web.

I imagine it'll be in from the off.

Funny though, isn't it? Ibrox and Celtic Park take six months but you can be sure they won't delay either of the Allianzs.
I don't think they will create these stadiums from scratch, they will probably bring the old models up to standard as they did with some other old stadiums.

What's the story of Iniesta and Lindgard pushing the defender with their hand !
Are they serious !
BTW: PES used the french club Amiens as a COM in both trailers.

Oh I don't doubt he is a good guy, it's just a shame all these YouTubers and people who get early access all play on pa3 and all have the same tactics. Would be nice if we could see someone playing pa1 or manual and attempting something that looks like football.. it's like a rush to find the cheapest tactics first and then abuse that til next year.

Overall I like a lot of PESEP videos, I just find it frustrating that those people who are the most public players of PES can't ever play football and do it without the pa3 ping pong rubbish.. if it's like that again this year and the error doesn't effect pa3 enough then it's gonna be another year of one touch crap online 9 out of 10 games. Shame

Sorry to be a little off topic but no wonder we used to love PES so much. I just played the Milan derby on Pes 5. Goal line clearances, 1 close overhead. 9 fouls. I turned with Pirlo at the edge of the box, fired a shot, probably hit Rome. Felt so good. Got beat 2-1 and just enjoyed it. If only they could get back to that gameplay feel with todays graphics. It makes you wonder why they can't. I get all the 8 directional argument but surely it can not of gotten so difficult. It used to feel like every attack was different, still does. There's just something fundamentally floored with the new games. Here's hoping for 2020. Probably just end up playing 5 for a while yet.

Of course I do hate how the new finesse dribbling looks, because they transitions and the animations look terrible but hey, hopefully it will feel great when performing it and hopefully it will look great when watching it from the gameplay camera.
Man, it looks exactly the same for years now. Why would you expect a different outcome? It's not magic. And we've been through this same conversation year after year, always hoping final product is better. Then months after release everyone's complaining. You know why? Because nothing's changed. It really isn't magic. It is what you see. We shouldn't be in denial like this year after year.

Expecting a different outcome from the same formula really is insanity.

Man, it looks exactly the same for years now. Why would you expect a different outcome? It's not magic. And we've been through this same conversation year after year, always hoping final product is better. Then months after release everyone's complaining. You know why? Because nothing's changed. It really isn't magic. It is what you see. We shouldn't be in denial like this year after year.

Same for me pal. I’ve let go. It’s the air of nostalgia that obscures us from the reality of what PES now is. I have hope but can already see I probably won’t buy it because it will be sold within a month.

I'm Mr. Bright Side, glasses half full.

We want learning curve but we don't agree new dribbling mechanics?

Maybe my spanglish makes me missunderstand something.

I was made some text information based on video from PESEP.

Video

Text
I am among those who are the first to have the opportunity to play and record the gameplay of PES 2020. This event was held at the training base of the club Manchester United. We were lucky to meet some Legends of the club.

In this video, I will speak mainly about the gameplay of PES 2020. First of all, I note that this release is slightly different in code from the version that was available at E3.

In this match I play for the Legends Team on PA3 and Midnitekid for Manchester United on PA2. We will try to use different passes, test the gameplay in the best way. But I want to remind you that I played only 4 games and this is an early code of the game in offline mode. All of the above will be based on my impressions in view of the foregoing.

As we know, the game changes every year: early code, e3, demo, beta, version of the final release, online gameplay, MyClub gameplay, which always have a combination of different factors that need to be taken in mind.

All that will be said relates to the early game code, nothing less nothing more.
My task is to give my feedback for possible further improvements.

I played in PES 19 MyClub in non-stop mode for about 9 months. And the gameplay in it with the latest update is very fast. When I started playing PES 20, I noticed first of all that the gameplay is quite slow, in a good way. But remember that we are talking about offline.

We will try to use new management features, but we will discuss them in more detail in another video, because the purpose of some controls has changed (R2).

My main dissatisfaction concerns the implementation of switching players. It is not as problematic as in 19, but it can be much better. And if we are talking about offline, then online it can be a more and more noticeable disadvantage. This is my main item on the review list.

About shooting system: there is a certain rewarding effect for a goal scored, there are errors in strikes due to inaccurate passes. Since the gameplay has become slow, everything feels a little different. For example, headers are felt light.

As for the tactics plan, the menu is largely the same. Regarding me, I did not expect a cardinal big change in PES 20, perhaps this is already the lot of PES 21 or PES 22 on the new game engine.

A few words about the passes. I didn’t feel any serious changes, because this is an offline game, we tried to play as usual, use the same techniques that are used by the majority of players online: fast passing, through passes and so on. They are a bit more balanced in timing.

A little about defending. I am not particularly good at defense in PES 19. There are several variations and possibilities for defense when you defend yourself, but in the protection of AI, I noticed some strange moments: for example, they may not hold the position, this is all about playing offline, I don’t know how will work online.

One of my wishes is to get an improved gaming experience online. The graphics are not as important as the gameplay for me. I am an “old school player” in PES: I was played with fake names, teams, players and graphics as a secondary matter, there are more important things. You will certainly notice some improvements in the graphical part of the new version
of the game.

I will not speak in detail about the new animations, the new dribbling system: when the demo version comes out, you will be able to evaluate them yourself.
I find dribbling somewhat simple, because simply using new controls you can easily make Maradona movements.

Often the early code is somewhat or quite noticeably different from the final one. This also applies to PES 20.
Let me remind you that my feelings relate to the early code of the game.

As for the passes: they feel heavy and weighty.

When dribbling, you will definitely feel the difference between PES 19 and PES 20.
As I said earlier, I find it too easy to dribble, if someone plays for a few hours, they can use new tricks without any effort.

In general, on a 10-point system, I would rate PES 20 by 9 points. I take one point due to the implementation of the player switching algorithm.

I also noticed some new situational animations in the context of dribbling with the left stick.

If you have questions or you want to share your opinion, you can write messages on youtube, on twitter.

Last edited:
We want learning curve but we don't agree new dribbling mechanics?

Maybe my spanglish makes me missunderstand something.

Those are different things mate.
Finesse dribbling is very much like what you can do now when you hold down R2 and move in different directions. Not exactly the same, but very similar. Dribbling mechanics are a different thing, from what I understand.

And yes, I think all of us want a steeper learning curve.

I've never understood where the R2 dribbling idea came from, it's always looked really awkward and unrealistic. Just had to get that off my chest!

I was made some text information based on video from PESEP.

Video

Text
I am among those who are the first to have the opportunity to play and record the gameplay of PES 2020. This event was held at the training base of the club Manchester United. We were lucky to meet some Legends of the club.

In this video, I will speak mainly about the gameplay of PES 2020. First of all, I note that this release is slightly different in code from the version that was available at E3.

In this match I play for the Legends Team on PA3 and MidnightKid for Manchester United on PA2. We will try to use different passes, test the gameplay in the best way. But I want to remind you that I played only 4 games and this is an early code of the game in offline mode. All of the above will be based on my impressions in view of the foregoing.

As we know, the game changes every year: early code, e3, demo, beta, version of the final release, online gameplay, MyClub gameplay, which always have a combination of different factors that need to be taken in mind.

All that will be said relates to the early game code, nothing less nothing more.
My task is to give my feedback for possible further improvements.

I played in PES 19 MyClub in non-stop mode for about 9 months. And the gameplay in it with the latest update is very fast. When I started playing PES 20, I noticed first of all that the gameplay is quite slow, in a good way. But remember that we are talking about offline.

We will try to use new management features, but we will discuss them in more detail in another video, because the purpose of some controls has changed (R2).

My main dissatisfaction concerns the implementation of switching players. It is not as problematic as in 19, but it can be much better. And if we are talking about offline, then online it can be a more and more noticeable disadvantage. This is my main item on the review list.

With regard to the strike system: there is a certain rewarding effect for a goal scored, there are errors in strikes due to inaccurate passes. Since the gameplay has become slow, everything feels a little different. For example, headers are felt light.

As for the tactics plan, the menu is largely the same. Regarding me, I did not expect a cardinal big change in PES 20, perhaps this is already the lot of PES 21 or PES 22 on the new game engine.

A few words about the passes. I didn’t feel any serious changes, because this is an offline game, we tried to play as usual, use the same techniques that are used by the majority of players online: fast passing, through passes and so on. They are a bit more balanced in timing.

A little about protection. I am not particularly good at defense in PES 19. There are several variations and possibilities for defense when you defend yourself, but in the protection of AI, I noticed some strange moments: for example, they may not hold the position, this is all about playing offline, I don’t know how will work online.

One of my wishes is to get an improved gaming experience online. The graphics are not as important as the gameplay for me. I am an “old school player” in PES: I played with fake names, teams, players and graphics as a secondary matter, there are more important things. You will certainly notice some improvements in the graphical part of the new version
of the game.

I will not speak in detail about the new animations, the new dribbling system: when the demo version comes out, you will be able to evaluate them yourself.
I find dribbling somewhat simple, because simply using new controls you can easily make Maradona movements.

Often the early code is somewhat or quite noticeably different from the final one. This also applies to PES 20.
Let me remind you that my feelings relate to the early code of the game.

As for the passes: they feel heavy and weighty.

When dribbling, you will definitely feel the difference between PES 19 and PES 20.
As I said earlier, I find it too easy to dribble, if someone plays for a few hours, they can use new tricks without any effort.

In general, on a 10-point system, I would rate PES 20 by 9 points. I take one point due to the implementation of the player switching algorithm.

I also noticed some new situational animations in the context of dribbling with the left stick.

If you have questions or you want to share your opinion, you can write messages on youtube, on twitter.

I just had an idea...…..

If he said the game was trash, he's obviously would not going to be invited to play early release next year and meet some football legends, right?

Me = genius.

Edit : Hell yeah!!! Time for a ZINGER BURGER!!!!

Last edited:
That's true, but multiple times you can see the defensive line retreat to their preset starting point each time.

It's more legacy (Pes 2016 thru 19) gameplay design of KONAMI misunderstanding that the defensive line should indeed be intended as ONE unit, but in fine fashion they have literally placed them as ONE unit. Again.

I'll have to watch the full video, but from what has been brought up already is concerning on higher difficulties, paired up with the most likely rigid player positioning traits again.

Amen brother. It's the same shit we've been saying for YEARS on podcasts. Which we stopped doing the podcasts because we were giving the same constructive criticism every year. Asim fed it back, I know, I read his docs, Japan just do whatever they want. Its where pes is at unfortunately

Funny how on E3 code midnight kid said there is lack of fouls and physicality.

Now we are getting some gameplay videos and they are all reviewing "slightly changed" post E3 code. And NONE of them mentioned one area of concern from E3 code - lack of fouls. Not midnight kid, nor pesep, no one.

To me it looks like Konami saying - dont mention fouls. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom