eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we rename this thread "Every little thing I don't like about PES" please?

Roll on the demo. Critiquing videos is getting painful.

There is not a chance in hell that this is Legend difficulty.
The player is winning headers and the AI chips the ball over the crossbar with Batistuta when it's an open goal? Not a chance.

'Max difficulty' must mean 'max available on this build'.
I dont think it is either. The video itself is called "i played pes20 on superstar".
Legend is not unlocked there.

Nonetheless - I play 17 on Top Player, played it also on Professional (and 18 on professional) when I was learning manual controls. All the things I mentioned were there, on those low levels. Cant see why Superstar would be any excuse for lack of AI pressure, or otherwise - too much laser ping pong passing. Its not that difficult to create balanced, yet challenging AI, which was proven by pes17 and fifa19 (on ultimate).
18's biggest issue was lack of fouls and physicality, apart from that was decent.

Now, as for you being tired of critique. People here are considering spending their hard-earned money on a product. They are looking into the product before they try it themselves. Its only natural to pick on things that you dont like, instead of focusing on the things you do like.
When you are buying a car and see some scratches, damage, or other worrying signs.. will you not focus on them and discuss them, before you give your money?
Very weird approach...

This is only gameplay i've seen where the ai shows the smallest glimmer of player individuality. Be warned the ai commit 0 fouls and are quite poor for 90 mins.

The thing here is not scratches, or damage... it´s the fact that, the car is an outstanding beauty, with a wonderfull paint, and amazing confort, but you simply can´t drive it like any other regular car. That´s why we buy a car in the first place... it´s driving, right?

The thing here is not scratches, or damage... it´s the fact that, the car is an outstanding beauty, with a wonderfull paint, and amazing confort, but you simply can´t drive it like any other regular car. That´s why we buy a car in the first place... it´s driving, right?
Well, yeah, obvs.. but so far we just seen it being driven.. we didnt drive ourselves..
I had to come up with some other "visual defects" to make this comparison.. ;) :LOL:

I've said it before, but I find the notion of being given videos and then being told to make no judgements whatsoever on these videos absolutely bizarre. "Here's that game you want to play, and on the difficulty you'll play it on, but take absolutely nothing from this video, alright? Just appreciate it. Treat it like an episode of your favourite Netflix show. Don't think about it. Don't critique it. Just enjoy it."

Not sure why you're taking valid (on the most part) criticisms of the game so personally. You don't want the game being judged from a few videos yet were perfectly happy with the Eurogamer article conclusion based on just a couple of games.

I understand being tired of the criticism, most on this thread aren't into the whole eFootball thing or with the direction PES has gone in recent years. However it is just as tiring seeing people brush off valid criticism and blindly praising the game. There's a happy middle ground to be found I think!

Bhatti always reacts to positive comments and feedback and tries to enforce the idea of what the original poster said, even if it's not entirely true.

I remember before PES 2018 came out, I was very excited about it (mainly because they were finally making the PC version as good or better than the consoles one, taking it to NextGen, and also because the new lighting was very good) and I Tweeted him about some of the stuff I was excited about, can't really remember what they were. But he answered me back (that was way before he muted me), always trying to make it bigger than it really was. After a couple of months playing the game I realised it wasn't all true, not to that extent anyways.

So I think he's trying to do the same now.
If you say "I love the new 3D Scans" he'll probably react and say something like "Wait until you see.... xxxx".
If you say "The new finesse dribbling looks amazing", he'll probably react and say "You can really skin defenders once you master it".
If you say "The new PlayerID looks great!", he'll probably react and say "It's stronger and better than ever! Wait until you see.... xxxx".

- All of which, I'd just put between big question marks until I try it myself.

Ah I understand. I don't particularly trust him either, I Just Hope he isn't completely making It up :DD

The player is winning headers and the AI chips the ball over the crossbar with Batistuta when it's an open goal? Not a chance.

So the newest video proves beyond any reasonable doubt that, for offline players at least, it's the same turd as always with a new lick of paint, and suddenly "critiquing videos is getting painful" and "roll on the demo". Somehow if everyone was loving the videos I doubt you'd be saying the same thing (in fact I'm sure of it). You are too obvious Alan, your foul-mouthed rant in the last post and the blatant axe you have to grind against the forum was a dead giveaway. To be fair for a complete psycho you did pretty well to contain yourself for that long.

Regarding assistance and the controversy of PES League Tournament finalists playing on assisted settings...

Surely if Konami want it to be considered an e-sports title, it should have a learning curve?

If the pinnacle of e-sports is a tournament for a ton of cash, then it should be hard to master?

It's similar to veteran Street Fighter players complaints about how the skill gap has been reduced over the years and that being a very skilled Street Fighter player was something you had to put the hours in, Mastering complex combo's and taking your experience to tournaments against other players from around the world, Giving us moments like the legendary Daigo Parry which was a complete once in a lifetime stroke of timing, Skill & fortune combo sequence, Now relegated to being a gimmicked special move in the current Street Fighter that anybody can their dog can perform.

It's the same with PES. Anybody can score wonder goals with one hand on the controller and the other scrolling through Twitter and when that happens, Their no longer special efforts, they're no longer magical moments of football gaming.

I understand you want to appeal to casual players and people who come home from getting their arses kicked at work and just want to play tiki taka with little stress and it's great that they have the choice, But that should be an easy option - An alternative. Make the default setting something like Semi Assisted on FIFA. Something with Error if you don't concentrate and if you wanna be the best PES player in the world and travel to a nice city to compete for a ton of cash, It should be those who's hard work and patience with manual are rewarded with an opportunity.

I've listened some PES finalist interviews and they are the first who want more deeper experience. They say they have to play PA3 because it's the only way to be competitive against a another PA3 player. Pro players are the most interested people on having learning curve, it's his work and they don't like his time isn't rewarded in terms of skill.

The huge problem for us, it's the Konami's market target has become bigger, and overall public doesn't know about this stuff.

I don't think it's every little thing we hate about pes These 3 year cycles are rubbish for single players. Since 17 that I still play the AI has got progressively worse. 18 lost all physicality, 19 kept that tend but included the reluctance to shoot from any kind of distance. Boring AI goal after boring goal. The series is going backwards in terms of AI. This year looks no different

We can confirm the level on this game: Superstar.

I like everything exept 1 huge point. Attacking AI: It doesn't has any pace/tempo awareness.

Modding the gameplay I've discovered that exist 1 parameter that manages this.
It's called Bp Direct Play and goes from 4 (lowest CPUlevel) to 0 (highest CPUlevel).
I usually set it to 0,5 for top player (default -> 2) and superstar (default -> 1,5).
Someone could call Konami devs please!!:BRICK:

Bhatti always reacts to positive comments and feedback and tries to enforce the idea of what the original poster said, even if it's not entirely true.

I remember before PES 2018 came out, I was very excited about it (mainly because they were finally making the PC version as good or better than the consoles one, taking it to NextGen, and also because the new lighting was very good) and I Tweeted him about some of the stuff I was excited about, can't really remember what they were. But he answered me back (that was way before he muted me), always trying to make it bigger than it really was. After a couple of months playing the game I realised it wasn't all true, not to that extent anyways.

So I think he's trying to do the same now.
If you say "I love the new 3D Scans" he'll probably react and say something like "Wait until you see.... xxxx".
If you say "The new finesse dribbling looks amazing", he'll probably react and say "You can really skin defenders once you master it".
If you say "The new PlayerID looks great!", he'll probably react and say "It's stronger and better than ever! Wait until you see.... xxxx".

- All of which, I'd just put between big question marks until I try it myself.
Haha you've really nailed the AB quote tweet formula!

And then... the reply came...

So we can confirm now without a shadow of doubt, that not only the Bayern Munich Webmaster reads Evo-Web, but also Corey from EA SPORTS FIFA!

Hi there Corey! How are you?

He seems like a cool guy. Anyway, as he said the license matter is way higher up the chain of corporate publishers. Greedy corporate managers should be the ones to blame for exclusivity deals trying to cut off the competition.

Most read Pes thread right now,and I'll post what I need to say here.
I just posted in the retro thread regarding me being a "not so smart person" when it comes to old games stuff,I called myself an I*iot and it got censored in to *****.
Are we really that far gone that we can't use a phrase like that?

I get that calling someone else that should be a banning issue,but this censorship guys...really?
And I get using other offensive words,but this.
Sorry for off topic,but it needs to be said!

easy mates, we all know its just the E3 build thats maybe 60% than come the demo is around 80% on relase day the game has 90% and after a Month and first DP its 100% fucked up :)

different year, same bullshit... i lost faith after seeing the same boring keeper animations and still no varity of shoots.

PES 2019 is a quite good game human vs human but lost its magic when it comes to score a goal and of that video footage ive seen until now NOTHING will change. Maybe BIG BANG with PS5 and new engine....

sorry but my ecxitement is nearly zero : /

For me, it´s all said and done. No way Konami will deliver a proper product this year... again.
I even believed they could do a good AI in 2020, but with the stuff I´ve seen lately, I don´t believe it anymore.

I had too much frustration on 2019 to go through the same thing again.
Not this year Konami, not this year...

He seems like a cool guy. Anyway, as he said the license matter is way higher up the chain of corporate publishers. Greedy corporate managers should be the ones to blame for exclusivity deals trying to cut off the competition.

That's why I also @EASPORTSFIFA and @OFFICIALPES besides Corey and Adam. And while there's little they can do, they are the spokemen of each company.

And then... the reply came...

So we can confirm now without a shadow of doubt, that not only the Bayern Munich Webmaster reads Evo-Web, but also Corey from EA SPORTS FIFA!

Hi there Corey! How are you?

If only I had the print where I gave the idea of changing the position of set piece taker and how it could change the ball tragetory, I said that many years ago...
I know EA have stolen my idea!:LOL:

Anyway, it was Konami that should have listened. Man, those guys are stubborn.

Superstar difficulty, AI players set to max condition arrow... and it's still the AI is utterly inept and braindead. Nothing to worry about, move along! :LOL:

Most read Pes thread right now,and I'll post what I need to say here.
I just posted in the retro thread regarding me being a "not so smart person" when it comes to old games stuff,I called myself an I*iot and it got censored in to *****.
Are we really that far gone that we can't use a phrase like that?

I get that calling someone else that should be a banning issue,but this censorship guys...really?
And I get using other offensive words,but this.
Sorry for off topic,but it needs to be said!
Agree.No need to become so much pc in here.
Censorship doesn't solve anything.It's just throwing the shit under the carpet.
Better let everyone to say what he has to say,and then if you think it's too much or insulting you can warn him and if it doesn't stop you can ban him.

Next time write it in Swedish so it can pass the test.:DD

Agree.No need to become so much pc in here.
Censorship doesn't solve anything.It's just throwing the shit under the carpet.
Better let everyone to say what he has to say,and then if you think it's too much or insulting you can warn him and if it doesn't stop you can ban him.

Next time write it in Swedish so it can pass the test.:DD
Ha ha,good tip mate:)
I always swear when I used to play football in different languages than Swedish to get away with it.
And agree on what you wrote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom