eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Lingard and Iniesta goals are good examples why PES feels repetitive in terms of shot outcome/variety.

There's no realistic ball physics.
Ball movement and outcome are repetitive and doesn't look organic most of the time because it's just "scripted" ball physics.
If there's realistic ball physics, there's no way two goals can look exactly alike and we'll have thousands of shot outcomes.

That Lingard and Iniesta goals are good examples why PES feels repetitive in terms of shot outcome/variety.

Ball movement and outcome are repetitive and doesn't look organic most of the time because it's just "scripted" ball physics.
If there's realistic ball physics, there's no way two goals can look exactly alike and we'll have thousands of shot outcomes.
This.

And it doesn’t look like changing, this is where we are with PES now. Every goal I score feels so samey, the modern PES games get repetitive and boring too quickly.

The myClub kids love it though, they get to score loads of the same goals with their hero ‘legends’.

Someone give me a billion quid. First thing I would do is buy Konami, get in a few of the EA guys and guys from evo web and I’d make a football game which focuses on the actual aspects of football that us older guys love. Not faces, legends and tattoos.

It would only sell 423 copies because I’d bin myClub and FUT but at least 423 of us would be happy :LOL:

[Edited by mod to remove insults. We don't allow this.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, I checked the RGB on the kit template that Adam released and the white is still 216, 216, 216 so it would suggest the palette for kit creation remains the same but it may just appear more vibrant in-game.

Yes, they've definitely ramped up the saturation, a bit too much maybe!

Why insult developers? Why such toxic attitude?

Remember, this is game, they are not forcing you to buy it. They have their own way to develop the game i don't like either, but insulting someone calling them idiots is bad.

Evo web should be better than this.

Remember, this is game, they are not forcing you to buy it. They have their own way to develop the game i don't like either, but insulting someone calling them idiots is bad.

I didn’t insult any developers. Read the post again.

I think we're probably overreacting a little.
PES 2020 will be better than 2019, that's for sure. But don't expect any miraculous twists or revolutionary changes.

Before the very first announcement about the new features, I was actually hoping they would include gameplay sliders this year. But once the E3 Trailer was out with the list and I knew it wasn't going to be in the game, I kind of just relaxed and realised most of the things we want to be added/tweaked are at the core of this generation's PES. It started 6 years ago, in 2013 when they released PES 2014. So they've been dragging those fundamental issues all along. And no matter how much they tweak and stretch the values in the files, the core is still damaged. So until they decide to move on to a next engine, which will force them to almost start over, all we can do is enjoy what's given to us and stop looking so hard for glitches and things that make us tickle.

Of course I do hate how the new finesse dribbling looks, because they transitions and the animations look terrible but hey, hopefully it will feel great when performing it and hopefully it will look great when watching it from the gameplay camera.

I'm all for better shooting variety and ballphysics too, but those Goals look the same because they are, they just put Manchester United Kits on the Launch Trailer, i think they did something similar last year too with a rising shot, can't remember exactly

The speed of the game was never a problem to me. It can be edited. The problem of PES is the mechanics of the game. High accurancy on short and long passes, low pressure and bad covering from DMF on midfield makes possible to bypass the midfield. Strong passes can be instantly controled by any player etc etc.

That's how I felt this whole past year. I hardly understood people talking about "state of art" ball physics or whatever for 2019. It may be very good in some occasions, but in a lot of other vital fundamentals like shooting you see a lot of repetitive stuff and it's absolutely experience-damaging.

But regarding the present, I hope that trailer won't be testament for the final game, honestly. They said BP was another thing they improved so it might be finally at least more varied in 2020.

On legends,I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to customise a whole league of legends and play with retro kits as on 2k.
Otherwise (offline) meh!
I can understand it on Myclub online as well

I don't see any reason to think that the 'mobile only' restriction would change. Could be wrong but I'd be very surprised if the status quo changed.
IMO the situation is a little bit different compared to last year, but I cannot say 100% of either "Yes" or "No" at the moment. Here are something I have observed.

1. The "mobile only" restriction is not stated officially. What the J.League official website have officially announced was something like "Konami will implement J.League content in game using mobile phone", but have never say it was only available to mobile phones for Konami. This kind of annoucement will only be released before a new J.League season, and the content of announcement will just be related to "sponsorship" but not "license".

2. Konami had invested a lot in "Esports" stuff this year. Besides "eFootball", they also have announced "eBASEBALL" which involve the teams in Japanese baseball leagues. They have also invested in a place in Ginza, Tokyo. If they want to make it well, I think they will want to invest in J.League again.

3. J1 League has been licensed in FIFA since FIFA 17, for 3 years. It is a common length of a licensing contract as I observed. (e.g. UEFA & Konami with 201518, UEFA & EA with 201821, Liverpool & Konami with 201619)

4. Meanwhile, EA have just shuted down their offices in Tokyo and Moscow in March 2019. It is happened after Russia Premier Liga being exclusive to PES. I guess their is a chance that J.League may be the same.

5. In June 2019, Konami has released another game with J.League. The game is not named as Winning Eleven in Japanese, but it have used a Winning Eleven hash tag.

6. Jonas Lygaard has been tweeting about #JL recently, although it may just be trolling.

Gameplay by shogun
Isn't it weird how from the AI corner at 1:36, he can just jog from defence to the final third?

There's literally no midfield.
On Superstar.

Horrendous pass he makes to the striker at the end too, either he's on PA0 or he's pressed "through pass" to try and spam an easy chance (in a completely inappropriate scenario).

Then immediately after, the AI get the ball and hit soem ridiculous passing, including five perfect first-time passes in a row...

...but it's the Legends...

7:18 WTF!? :LOL:
Yeah, on the one hand he wouldn't have shot in (pre-patched) PES 2019, he'd have ran to the wing and completely ignored the open goal.

On the other, I hope they're not just implementing error by literally making it random chance as to whether you (or the AI) are allowed to score or not... You just never know.

Last edited:
Don't know what's it got to do with anything :PP Or where's this going to go next :PP
But yeah. Used to. Not recently tho.
I just wanna know how you mixed guitars. I just can't get the perfect tone. It's better we take this to DMs or Twitter or Chris'll be on me like his apparently Cockney Inter owner.

Isn't it weird how from the AI corner at 1:36, he can just jog from defence to the final third?

There's literally no midfield.
On Superstar.

Horrendous pass he makes to the striker at the end too, either he's on PA0 or he's pressed "through pass" to try and spam an easy chance (in a completely inappropriate scenario).

Then immediately after, the AI get the ball and hit soem ridiculous passing, including five perfect first-time passes in a row...

...but it's the Legends...

Yeah, on the one hand he wouldn't have shot in (pre-patched) PES 2019, he'd have ran to the wing and completely ignored the open goal.

On the other, I hope they're not just implementing error by literally making it random chance as to whether you (or the AI) are allowed to score or not... You just never know.

There's no miedfield because Legend team is playing 3-4-3. Nedved and Viera as Center backs and Totti, Iniesta, Beckham and Nakata in the miedfield, they aren't the most worker team players.

Look that ManU team shape is a lot better.

Hasn't been this video posted yet?
https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/45...er+United+vs+PES+Legends+Full+Match+Gameplay/

It has the best video capture quality published until today.

The animations, ball physics and pace looks incredible.

Last edited:
What worries me is that, apart from block attempts, I didnt see sliding tackle from AI once. Looks like Pes18, where they were just tripping each other...
Very little physicality, no one flying around..

This.

And it doesn’t look like changing, this is where we are with PES now. Every goal I score feels so samey, the modern PES games get repetitive and boring too quickly.

The myClub kids love it though, they get to score loads of the same goals with their hero ‘legends’.

Someone give me a billion quid. First thing I would do is buy Konami, I’d get in a few of the EA guys and guys from evo web and I’d make a football game which focuses on the actual aspects of football that us older guys love. Not faces, legends and tattoos.

It would only sell 423 copies because I’d bin myClub and FUT but at least 423 of us would be happy :LOL:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom