eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, the first thing I noticed in the United trailer was that on one of the Beckham goals (the free kick), the diving keeper seems to hit an invisible wall when getting close to his right post.

It looks really weird, it's as if he was going to save it but he wasn't allowed to because it's Beckham (and I truly think that's how PES works). But it might just be me. Take a look and tell me if you see it.

(That's after going "huh, that's the exact same animation from the E3 trailer but reskinned as a Man United player" a couple of times - which always makes me laugh, you can't brag about player individuality and then show multiple different players doing the exact same thing in the exact same position using the exact same animations. Just take an extra day to record/animate a slightly different scenario.)

EDIT: Turns out I'm not going mad. Check out 2mins exactly in the United trailer, but change your YouTube play speed to the slowest possible... (Click the settings cog, then go to "playback speed".)

I dont know man. Its a cutscene to show the skills Beckham had in the old days. Of course hes gonna score lol. If the trailer focused on Kahn for example, they would probably show a sick save from him..

It looked to me quite unatural how the ball is glued to Jesse Lingard feet when he is dribbling close to the box in the first part of the 2.38 min video. It looks like the ball can't move further away from its feet, like if there is an invisible string between the dribbler and the ball.

That’s in fifa too.

So funny to read the complaining comment hill before watching the video itself :D

But lets get serious, what difficulty is the gamereactor vid on? Lowest?

One thing I notice in the gameplay video is there are still no wayward passes, only interceptions. Looks like "context sensitive kicking" only applies to shots, indeed at one point there was a missed shot and a screen popped up with an explanation for why their shot missed. (I mean really, that says it all doesn't it. Is the user base at this point really so dimwitted and so conditioned to never missing a shot that they need real time guidance on why such a strange event occurred?).

Look for keeper positioning. Terrible.View attachment 17127
Um, you need to put things in context. If you see the move before that, you'll understand that a through ball was played and so the keeper has to move to his left now. That won't happen in a jiffy right? If the keeper glides instantaneously to his left, people will start talking about skipped frames, broken animations!
Sharing such a screenshot will just spread untrue stuff.

I managed to watch only first half of that clip. Definetely not a clip to judge AI from.

COM is 100% on some mongo difficulty.
They dont pressure, run all over the place, let human player (who himself didnt look great on the ball) walk all over them.
No fouls as a result of no AI pressure.
No imagination from AI, most likely due to difficulty as well..

The only thing we can take from that video is general flow and pace of the game. Which is nice, to be fair..

I managed to watch only first half of that clip. Definetely not a clip to judge AI from.

COM is 100% on some mongo difficulty.
They dont pressure, run all over the place, let human player (who himself didnt look great on the ball) walk all over them.
No fouls as a result of no AI pressure.
No imagination from AI, most likely due to difficulty as well..

The only thing we can take from that video is general flow and pace of the game. Which is nice, to be fair..

I see the same pattern as in Pes 2019 medium difficulty. I can definitely see something wrong.

I see the same pattern as in Pes 2019 medium difficulty. I can definitely see something wrong.
I honestly think this is the lowest difficulty.. In Pes19 medium difficulty defensive AI was ok(ish), only offensive was broken. In here all AI players are all over the place.. and they play like lowest ranked teams on Pes17 - just huff the ball and hope for the best, coz they cant get through midfield otherwise..
AI player through on goal and passing to the side, then another trying to have a shot with their back facing the goal, no one intercepting anything, they are running around like headless chickens..
my dog would have more control if I gave him pad to chew..
Id be very surprised if that was even on regular..

I enjoyed R2-like dribbling with the right stick on Fifa. Its intuitive and more user friendly. I just dont get how we will be performing skills now.. knowing PES and the animations input delay - if its also right stick - it might be all over the place. And what R2 will be doing now? Just finesse shots?
I'm not 100% sure but now R2 is... no touch dribbling, jumping over the ball after pass, step over, SCISSOR and things like that...

In all PES 2020 videos, the colors are way way too pop up, way over saturated and the game looks more like a cartoon.

In all PES 2020 videos, the colors are way way too pop up, way over saturated and the game looks more like a cartoon
Yes! I agree! Thought it was just me! Pes18 was like that - very cartoonish.. im not a big fan of this.

am just watching the womens semi's and i got to say it comes across more "full manual" than the men's game and i like that.

i don't think pes are focussing on the womens game at all? missed opportunity i think.

[also - because its new to me - i don't know the star names it feels like a bit like champ manager where your trying to work out who's good or not, discovering hidden gems - a female version of champ manager could be gold! ]

Last edited:
i don't think pes are focussing on the womens game at all? missed opportunity i think.
The only reason for doing that right now, would be a political gain. They'll get like a hundred thousand likes on Twitter, woohoo women empowerment, and no one will actually end up buying it for the very reason.

The only reason for doing that right now, would be a political gain. They'll get like a hundred thousand likes on Twitter, woohoo women empowerment, and no one will actually end up buying it for the very reason.
That's ridiculous. They obviously do have a market from the women's game and that market is only growing at the moment.

my perception of the women's game was pretty poor but the live coverage and news about the tournament is doing it immense favours.

so what i'm getting here is hype - and the hype is being delivered (because the game exceeds my expectations).

if i contrast that with pes hype and pes' frustrating elements, i'd take the women's game any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom