eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
o77Wen6.png

9bpTYGZ.png

And that's after a scan...

The Rashford goal which makes it 1-0 is why I'm OUT. Scoring goals is still going to be soulless and arcade-like. There's no joy in scoring in PES and there hasn't been for years.

Most important aspect of football is scoring goals. And PES makes it too robotic and simulated looking.

Let's hope PES 2021 is good...

The Rashford goal which makes it 1-0 is why I'm OUT. Scoring goals is still going to be soulless and arcade-like. There's no joy in scoring in PES and there hasn't been for years.

Most important aspect of football is scoring goals. And PES makes it too robotic and simulated looking.

Let's hope PES 2021 is good...
It mainly because the goal keeper is AGAIN stuck on the line. Look at min 89 on the 1on1 and the goal... Cant believe they patched it in 19 and now its again an issue in 2020....
In their defence, it's on the easiest difficulty and it's pretty (painfully) obvious.

They think that easier difficulty means more goals for the stream, although it's pretty funny that the only goal scored is an absolute turd. :LOL:

I need to see the AI on Top Player and Superstar before I get too concerned. PES 2019 is the worst AI of the last 5-6 years, IMO.

God, that is gloriously slow. Love that.

Looks great on the ball, but here's my problem - PES 2019 was great on the ball. You can't judge the AI in these videos, and that's my MAJOR issue - AI play is so tiki-taka and predictable that it's unplayable for me.

Roll on a decent versus-AI video.

Yeah, we've had them for a loooooong time. I don't get their priorities sometimes - but the fact that they're still there just shows how little dev time there is every year (potentially due to getting very little funding from Konami). Just delete them and it looks 10x better...
Sure. Delete will be 100x better.

PES 2019 is the worst AI of the last 5-6 years, IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

Honestly I wish PES 2017 was next gen on the PC, by far the most enjoyable of the recent PES for me!

PES 2018 felt a lot better on the ball, but AI was already going backwards and CPU fouls didn't exist, especially in the penalty area!

PES 2019 again felt like an improvement when you are controlling the player, taking a shot etc but CPU player was horrible (for all the wrong reasons) to play against.

It mainly because the goal keeper is AGAIN stuck on the line. Look at min 89 on the 1on1 and the goal... Cant believe they patched it in 19 and now its again an issue in 2020....
AI and keepers animations looks weird. To be honest in FIFA 14 keepers had better AI and animations.

Last edited:
2-3 things about the Manchester United partnership video.
  • The kit looks ridiculous in PES (it's actually good irl), not talking about the fitting, the colors are too bad in the game
  • KONAMI have miles better scanning equipment than EA (Stadiums, faces, both)
  • Turf looks good

It's a low level cpu but still it looks bad. They try every time to start the offensive play complately bypassing midfield, it's 1-2 then long pass to the striker. Also, in one occasion striker can shoot from outside the box but makes a useless side pass. Going backward to Pes 2019 release code AI?

Fantastic news today! Also, saw something on YT about a major UEFA announcement coming up at Gamescom at the end of August! With Nations League or Euro 2020, would give a great depth in game modes like ML!

2-3 things about the Manchester United partnership video.

• The kit looks ridiculous in PES (it's actually good irl), not talking about the fitting, the colors are too bad in the game
    KONAMI have miles better scanning equipment than EA (Stadiums, faces, both)
    Turf looks good

I'm surprised you said that.
Turfs are the worst part of PES 2020 for me.
Like, literally I just tweeted Adam about that.

I love the new color palette. The lighting. The new cameras.
But turfs... man... I can do better turfs with my eyes closed and both hands tied together around my back.

It looked to me quite unatural how the ball is glued to Jesse Lingard feet when he is dribbling close to the box in the first part of the 2.38 min video. It looks like the ball can't move further away from its feet, like if there is an invisible string between the dribbler and the ball.

Highly suspect OBH = Alan. You can tell by the visceral butthurt over people showing reasonable skepticism, calling it "pathetic", as if they had just insulted his grandma.

How many times have we heard "you really need to make space for a shot", every time it's nonsense. Eurogamer opinions aren't worth the cost of the bytes they are stored on.

The likelihood of PES ever winning large numbers of FIFA players back while it retains it's dumbed down control scheme and far lower skillcap is slim to none, as long as you can defend by holding two buttons FIFA will always be dominant in a PvP setting.

As Chris pointed out, that he came to these drastic conclusions after two games instantly discredits anything else he says. Also to fail to mention that early PES builds are often more sim-like only to become faster and more arcady by release is negligent at best.

I still have a bad feeling about new dribbling.. for how many.. 25 years R2 is close control now they put in on right stick and change R2 to " no touch control " or things like that... just for seek of to " changing something ". I don't know how I will adapt to this... Let's hope super cancel to be still there.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but does anybody else think PES should try and copy from FIFA at least the following:
1. Shielding with LT button
2. Knock on with the RS

I love both of these and see no reason why they couldn't implement them. It brings so much to the game, the physicality of being able to protect the ball at will and also the knock on when you can choose just how far to knock on the ball. Not just the double tap of R1 that PES has. Anyone?

I still have a bad feeling about new dribbling.. for how many.. 25 years R2 is close control now they put in on right stick and change R2 to " no touch control " or things like that... just for seek of to " changing something ". I don't know how I will adapt to this... Let's hope super cancel to be still there.
I enjoyed R2-like dribbling with the right stick on Fifa. Its intuitive and more user friendly. I just dont get how we will be performing skills now.. knowing PES and the animations input delay - if its also right stick - it might be all over the place. And what R2 will be doing now? Just finesse shots?

I'm surprised you said that.
Turfs are the worst part of PES 2020 for me.
Like, literally I just tweeted Adam about that.
Well, any small improvement I shall say as "good".
But turfs... man... I can do better turfs with my eyes closed and both hands tied together around my back.
This part we know already, which is why we love GFX MOD that much;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom