eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find the excessive focus on face scans by the likes of Bhatti to be a bit silly. For about 2 years now both PES and FIFA have been at a point where scan players look identical to their real life counterparts. Wish they'd showcase some more substantial stuff

Unfortunately most of the replies on Twitter tend to be people begging for more faces/hairstyles.

I have to say, the first thing I noticed in the United trailer was that on one of the Beckham goals (the free kick), the diving keeper seems to hit an invisible wall when getting close to his right post.

It looks really weird, it's as if he was going to save it but he wasn't allowed to because it's Beckham (and I truly think that's how PES works). But it might just be me. Take a look and tell me if you see it.

(That's after going "huh, that's the exact same animation from the E3 trailer but reskinned as a Man United player" a couple of times - which always makes me laugh, you can't brag about player individuality and then show multiple different players doing the exact same thing in the exact same position using the exact same animations. Just take an extra day to record/animate a slightly different scenario.)

EDIT: Turns out I'm not going mad. Check out 2mins exactly in the United trailer, but change your YouTube play speed to the slowest possible... (Click the settings cog, then go to "playback speed".)

:SICK:

That's ridiculous. They obviously do have a market from the women's game and that market is only growing at the moment.

my perception of the women's game was pretty poor but the live coverage and news about the tournament is doing it immense favours.

so what i'm getting here is hype - and the hype is being delivered (because the game exceeds my expectations).

if i contrast that with pes hype and pes' frustrating elements, i'd take the women's game any day.
Of course there's a market for the sport, but is it enough to improve video game sales? Ask yourself that.

Yes it is. Almost any addition is enough to increase sales, and this would be a huge addition
It wouldn't. How many people bought or are buying FIFA for the womens teams? They have the licences yet still do practically nothing with it.

D-h1NLqWwAM2EzS.jpg

D-h4FMgXkAAP4MX.jpg

D-h4FMfXkAAXI7S.jpg

D-h1LepXUAIwGrA.jpg

D-h1MgbWwAAAJxB.jpg

D-h1M1OWwAAbUDi.jpg

D-h1FqpXYAI_ewb.jpg

D-h4FMgXoAAkzEZ.jpg

D-h1GV5WsAAUyaF.jpg

Man those animations look incredibly ugly and a turn off. The ball doesn't move right under their feet and when leaving their feet too. Really out of place and disconnected. They need a total rework and a new set of animations and much better collision detection. The way the ball behaves when interacting with feet don't look right.

I watched the latest gameplay video with man united.
I watched a lot of scenes at 0.25 speed. And i noticed something.
Player feet, stutter a lot and slide a lot too. This seems to happen due to the fact that the player model has to "snap" on the ball to perform the action. Because ball physics are quite free and realistic, konami didn't managed to find a proper way to make the player reach or touch the ball in a realistic way.

Looks like Japan has been tinkering with the colour palette. It looked decent at E3 now it looks like an oversaturated eyesore, you could see it in the gameplay and you can see it on the red kits in those images. They just don't know when to stop messing with it, even when something is met with universal praise they still find a way to butcher it.

Of course there's a market for the sport, but is it enough to improve video game sales? Ask yourself that.

well, i look at pes in its current state - face packs updates, messing around with colour palettes.

look at this thread at the mo - so much talk about editing features

myclub is the virtual equivalent of a sticker album.

my perception is that games like the sims appeal a lot more to the female audience? i could be wrong, though.

a few simple points about womens football that i note :

USA women in the world cup finals / MLS a noteworthy destination for some of our popular mens Premier League players.

Increased coverage of the womens game on TV

USA player picking a tweetfight with Trump (this brings politics / football into the equation - not that I agree with that).

based on these points, i reckon a lot of us here probs would lose interest with the game - but i reckon there is a whole new generation of female gamer market that would boost sales immensely. not saying that's necessarily a good thing for what i'm looking for out of a pes game. is just my opinion.

[ anyways, england are out now so i've lost interest. ]

I didn't watch the entire Man UTD video that came up yesterday, I've just seen a few moments of it so I'll comment visual aspects rather than mechanical :

1- Colour pallet - isn't KONAMI trying to copy FIFA in terms of night lighting? I hope it's just this video (it's possible it was edited slightly - it's 3 seconds job to bust colours up and add some contrast), but it looks way too saturated and too dark at night games. I would love more contrast and colours added on shirts (it is too dully on PES 2019) but I'd leave the rest as it was. Really.You can easily adjust the colours and contrast through TV's settings, but it doesn't work well the other way round.

Someone mentioned the turf already - it is horrible and bad. But again - boosted colour pallet impacted on it so much, so we need to wait for next videos to compare changes in lighting objectively and see if colours need to be toned down a bit . It's KONAMI.. Again - PES needs 230394 crucial changes, but they start playing with something they shouldn't touch at all. Why?

As a PC player - we have got Old Trafford on PES 2019 already, so I'm not extremely hyped be honest, but it's a good news for Man Utd fans for sure.

Man those animations look incredibly ugly and a turn off. The ball doesn't move right under their feet and when leaving their feet too. Really out of place and disconnected. They need a total rework and a new set of animations and much better collision detection. The way the ball behaves when interacting with feet don't look right.

Nothing particularly bad with the animations for me. There are far worse things they need to rework before animations.

It wouldn't. How many people bought or are buying FIFA for the womens teams? They have the licences yet still do practically nothing with it.
Well, I did not buy FIFA 19 but I indeed preordered FIFA 16 (also) for that.
To be honest, playing with Italy's women team has been the first thing I did when I got the full FIFA 16 game in my hands. Even before trying FUT, even before trying the Career.
And I'm still playing FIFA 16 just because I'm playing a "women career" with Atalanta (there's a patch that adds the Italian league, the English league and so on).

Well, I did not buy FIFA 19 but I indeed preordered FIFA 16 (also) for that.
To be honest, playing with Italy's women team has been the first thing I did when I got the full FIFA 16 game in my hands. Even before trying FUT, even before trying the Career.
And I'm still playing FIFA 16 just because I'm playing a "women career" with Atalanta (there's a patch that adds the Italian league, the English league and so on).
Not to go into the other game too much, but you can play a tournament with them and that's it. They need to branch out into online and see what other things they can do with it. It's not changed since 16, other than some integration with The Journey.

The kit fit and colours look well off in the trailer. I imagine the stadium was already on file from 2016 and was maybe just tweaked a bit. It all feels a little bit slap-dash. I hope Konami up their game before September.

The kit fit and colours look well off in the trailer. I imagine the stadium was already on file from 2016 and was maybe just tweaked a bit. It all feels a little bit slap-dash. I hope Konami up their game before September.
Interestingly, I checked the RGB on the kit template that Adam released and the white is still 216, 216, 216 so it would suggest the palette for kit creation remains the same but it may just appear more vibrant in-game.

Imagine the Man Utd possible legends :

- Eric Cantona
- Ryan Giggs
- Paul Scholes
- Wayne Rooney
- Peter Schmeichel
- George Best
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
- Edwin Van Der Saar
- Bobby Charlton
- Roy keane
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Rio Ferdinand
- Fabien Barthez
- Robin Van Persie
- Jaap Stam
- Andy Cole
etc...

I watch several times that gameplay video and I think again, the animations, they transitions, and normal logical sense is missing in the big part. There so much... how to say.. parasites movements, like shakes, that makes players look unnatural. OK somebody will say.. its early build, they will polish the game for a demo or full release, but in PES 2018 they were almost perfect, spot on... why they can't replicate this, to upgrade not downgrade.

- Eric Cantona
- Ryan Giggs
- Paul Scholes
- Wayne Rooney
- Peter Schmeichel
- George Best
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
- Edwin Van Der Saar
- Bobby Charlton
- Roy keane
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Rio Ferdinand
- Fabien Barthez
- Robin Van Persie
- Jaap Stam
- Andy Cole
etc...

- Berbatov :P

Screenshot (566).png Doesn't this seem very similar to Screenshot (567).png?
(P.S. it's a choreo file I made for PES 2019 around 3-4 months ago. Does this mean I work for KONAMI? :THINK::LOL:)

- Eric Cantona
- Ryan Giggs
- Paul Scholes
- Wayne Rooney
- Peter Schmeichel
- George Best
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
- Edwin Van Der Saar
- Bobby Charlton
- Roy keane
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Rio Ferdinand
- Fabien Barthez
- Robin Van Persie
- Jaap Stam
- Andy Cole
etc...
Worst thing about modern football gaming is the ‘Legends’ nonsense.

Leave the past in the past and give us a good modern football game.

I hate playing online as Aston Villa against a team of Ronaldinho, Beckham and Maradona. It’s stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom