eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be nitpicking, but the jerseys look really bad to me in this video. They're too loose. Players haven't worn those loose fitting jerseys in a while now.
But they're wearing pretty much that when getting scanned? (Lose fitted kits)

The trend of moving away from slim fit has been going on for years

Manchester United!

Couple of thoughts:
- I'll never not be irritated by Konami creating a classic kit for a trailer that they then say cannot be used in-game. A waste of time and effort all-round.
- That Beckham crossing animation is so piss poor amd nothing like the way he crosses or takes free kicks. Ridiculous that a game 14 years and two consoles ago can replicate it better.

The trend of moving away from slim fit has been going on for years
True, but they're still a tailored fit whereas PES looks like a size or two too big.

Couple of thoughts:
- I'll never not be irritated by Konami creating a classic kit for a trailer that they then say cannot be used in-game. A waste of time and effort all-round.
- That Beckham crossing animation is so piss poor amd nothing like the way he crosses or takes free kicks. Ridiculous that a game 14 years and two consoles ago can replicate it better.

True, but they're still a tailored fit whereas PES looks like a size or two too big.
You're right,even though I see some kits being pretty bad irl.
If you look at Macron/Kappa etc,they have really good fits,but I still see pretty "bad fits" for example Adidas Looks pretty bad
Watching most of Copa America,and I reacted to Adidas kits there
Screenshot_20190702-165031~2.jpg

Not defending konami if they mess it up,but there's loads of bad fitted clothes now as a trend.
Just look at your average 18-25 hip kid and you'll shit your pants

If you look in this trailer how looks keepers animations you will change your optimism...
Keepers haven't been a big problem for me for a long time. Bar a few super-man-like animations, I think they react very lifelike and they are not too hard to beat, nor to easy.
I have to say, the first thing I noticed in the United trailer was that on one of the Beckham goals (the free kick), the diving keeper seems to hit an invisible wall when getting close to his right post.

It looks really weird, it's as if he was going to save it but he wasn't allowed to because it's Beckham (and I truly think that's how PES works). But it might just be me. Take a look and tell me if you see it.

(That's after going "huh, that's the exact same animation from the E3 trailer but reskinned as a Man United player" a couple of times - which always makes me laugh, you can't brag about player individuality and then show multiple different players doing the exact same thing in the exact same position using the exact same animations. Just take an extra day to record/animate a slightly different scenario.)

EDIT: Turns out I'm not going mad. Check out 2mins exactly in the United trailer, but change your YouTube play speed to the slowest possible... (Click the settings cog, then go to "playback speed".)

Last edited:
Why that Iniesta dribbling is a new feature? Is been in the game for years. I still dont get it...

That side step animation too. Ugly as usual. Which league they are watching that they are seen players moving like that? Players changing direction like they dont have a center of gravity. They change direction instantaneously. Man, that tigh control(side step) animation is much uglier than ten consective backheels...:LOL:

I have to say, the first thing I noticed in the United trailer was that on one of the Beckham goals (the free kick), the diving keeper seems to hit an invisible wall when getting close to his right post.

It looks really weird, it's as if he was going to save it but he wasn't allowed to because it's Beckham (and I truly think that's how PES works). But it might just be me. Take a look and tell me if you see it.

(That's after going "huh, that's the exact same animation from the E3 trailer but reskinned as a Man United player" a couple of times - which always makes me laugh, you can't brag about player individuality and then show multiple different players doing the exact same thing in the exact same position using the exact same animations. Just take an extra day to record/animate a slightly different scenario.)
„the exact same thing in the exact same position using the exact same animations. Just take an extra day to record/animate a slightly different scenario”

Exactly.

As it stands its 50/50 for me. There are some really interesting things on the horizon and it has a huge potential to replace my Pes17 Master League.

At the same time im cautious, coz 19 had huge potential as well. Add to it all the lies and fake news which really left a mark.

Then you have this "news" coming out, about Konami asking Spoony to delete his Pass Assist critique video and you start wondering how big of an influence do "pro" players, loving ping pong football, actually have on the development. And you start to wonder - will the game be fast ping pong fiesta upon release again..?

So, yeah, hopeful, interested - definetely.
Hyped? Jumping? Pre ordering? - not this time, fellas...

It's definitely possible that they will remove division two leagues as well.

Let's wait and see, haven't seen once source claiming J1 will be in the PC/Console version.
Its not possible that they remove those actually. Adam Bhatti says that no leagues are removed this year

Why are Konami STILL making kits so bright?

Man Utd’s kit is never that bright, Konami always get the red kits terribly wrong. Blues are usually too bright as well.

EDIT: Turns out I'm not going mad. Check out 2mins exactly in the United trailer, but change your YouTube play speed to the slowest possible... (Click the settings cog, then go to "playback speed".)

See it,looks weird,could be as simple as difficulty settings?
No excuse obviously,but I think that's the way they decide how a goalie should react/act on reg Vs tp/SS /Ult.

Edit I don't think I've seen it on my Pes 18 ML, so probably getting Beckham a moment in the sun

Honestly, I'm convinced most people here who commented on it haven't even read that Eurogamer preview, because claiming it as 'rubbish' is absolute and utter nonsense. And here's why:

First, the background:

1. He immediately admits to being a Fifa player
    He says the reason he's struggled to get into PES is because of the pin-point passing. Sorry, but isn't this THE MAIN PROBLEM a lot of people here have with PES????
    He says previous titles were 'too arcady' - again, another regular comment by people on these forums.
    He doesn't even try and claim to have played the whole thing, in fact, he regularly reminds the readers that it's just his impressions on a very short amount of time playing the game.
Okay, great. So before he's even said a single word about 2020 he's clearly not just any old journalist; he does actually play football games, and he's given reasons for why he personally is not a PES player that everyone here should be able to relate to??

Then he gives a brief and frank preview of 2020, mentioning it's speed, movement, and passing, but he ends with the statement:

"Obviously it's early, early days - some mechanic might rise to the surface as overpowered once the wider public gets playing - but from the brief time I had with eFootball PES 2020 it feels intuitive, as attacking with the best players should."

So he plays football games himself, he's given genuine reasons for not being a PES fan, he's not gone completely overboard with his praise, and he's CONSTANTLY left the door open to remind readers that he's only had a short time with the game.

Seriously, why the fuck should this assessment be discounted so rapidly, and the negative views of people who haven't even played the thing be treated as more trustworthy and genuine??

It's embarrassing.

itsatrap.jpg

Another classic uniform not appearing in the game, why on earth do they bother? Not that I give a toss about an old United kit but it just seems so utterly pointless.
Worst thing about the United licence is losing Anfield. I wonder if it is really impossible for them to actually keep the stadiums they have already made, even if they have to throw a few bob at the clubs? If only to keep the stadium number at a tolerable level.

Why are Konami STILL making kits so bright?

Man Utd’s kit is never that bright, Konami always get the red kits terribly wrong. Blues are usually too bright as well.

Thought the same thing, the United trailer almost gave me a headache!

Luckily on PC it's easily fixed but it's something Konami could easily sort in the base game.

Another classic uniform not appearing in the game, why on earth do they bother? Not that I give a toss about an old United kit but it just seems so utterly pointless.
Worst thing about the United licence is losing Anfield. I wonder if it is really impossible for them to actually keep the stadiums they have already made, even if they have to throw a few bob at the clubs? If only to keep the stadium number at a tolerable level.
Yeah the stadium thing is a major bug bear of mine (yes I know I moan about it in every other post :LOL:)

but I'm sick of playing at the same stadia.

Last PES I enjoyed for an entire year was PES 2013. I loved taking a small La Liga side to Master League, playing at all of the stadiums was amazing.

Even on my old Villa save I had a fake Villa Park someone had made on Xbox 360. I loved that damn game.

God, that is gloriously slow. Love that.

Looks great on the ball, but here's my problem - PES 2019 was great on the ball. You can't judge the AI in these videos, and that's my MAJOR issue - AI play is so tiki-taka and predictable that it's unplayable for me.

Roll on a decent versus-AI video.

I’m banners fetishist. Can’t look for them... Passion,Attack,Praud,Love,victory... its looks terrible at least for me.
Yeah, we've had them for a loooooong time. I don't get their priorities sometimes - but the fact that they're still there just shows how little dev time there is every year (potentially due to getting very little funding from Konami). Just delete them and it looks 10x better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom