eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been on much since I joined but would like to ask who's hyped and who's not for Pes 2020 ? :BLINK:
From what ive seen, the E3 vids and the visual improvements and variations in gameplay (particularly with increased first touch and physical contact animations, as well as improved ball physics - all of which seem to slow game play down), im very hyped. Mind you, im always hyped for the newest version of PES regardless of the many many multiple times Konami has let us down.

Re demos and previous versions being better than the latest version (pes19), im in disagreeance here. Last week, while i was going nuts on psVR for the first time (What a great fk experience.. for those who havent tried it.. do it.. great intro to VR... now thats an added mode/feature id like to see in PES hahaha Manager or Keeper mode maybe??). Anyways, to give my eyes a bit of a break.. i played Pes17 (full latest patch version) for 20mins, followed by, Pes 18 (full latest patch ver.), Pes 19 demo, and finally Pes 19 final patched version (all games played on a single 20min superstar full manual way). I know people bag on the imperfect Pes19 AI, but i have to say it feels and plays so much better than any other version. 17 was so rigid in comparison. I noticed a real improvement in reaction time, ball physics, player physics and lighting and turf colour from 17 to 19. 19 kicks 18's ass in everyway for me. 17's ai seems ok, but i cant get past the rigidness and poor ball physics (obviously liked them at the time) in comparison to 19. 18's response time was immediatley noticebly crap compared to 19.. and the colours.. the turf looked so underdone. Anways, my point is that i think Pes19 final version, final patch, is still the best version in all ways.. besides AI. It LOOKS and FEELS the most realistic to me. The AI issues are not game breaking to me. And they did every so gradually improve over the patches. We still dont get the much wanted gun dribblers like cpu messi and hazard taking us on, and no low placement goals by the cpu.. and hopefully Konami has gotten to point to make some changes for 2020. Anways, i think 19 is an awesome base.. so im glad 2020 doesnt look so much different and uses the same engine as gradual upgrades at this point can make the biggest differences in improving the game. I absolutely cannot wait for the demo to hit... im wondering if we do get anymore gameplay vids between now and the 30th.

Just with the awesome new 'Stadium' camera, anyone know or heard if the Konami have finally changed up the manual replay modes... currently is useless, and i still cannot believe you can't have a manual replay, in you currenly used gameplay camera settings. How awesome would it be to have your manual replays in the new customisable stadium camera. Id love that. From the e3 vids, of the replays showing faces etc, it looks like its pretty much the same as 19 which is a shame, mind you, i did hear someone mention (not sure where and what thread) that there was an extra replay angle for manual settings.

With the new 'stadium' cam, i wish Konami would also allow you to take Fk's and Pk's in this gameplay view. I think it was in pes11 that you could take PK's in gameplay view.. awesome stuff.

Do we know now which licensed leagues are in the game? Japanese and turkey league doesnt interest me at all. Surely, they can manage to get a couple of decent leagues like Ligue 1 or Bundesliga.. Even portuguese league would be cool
J1 League is unlikely to be in.

Ligue 1 and Liga NOS are in and fully licensed (Ligue 1 had been since PS2 days).

Bundesliga isn't happening.

If they add leagues then they'll be minor ones.

From what ive seen, the E3 vids and the visual improvements and variations in gameplay (particularly with increased first touch and physical contact animations, as well as improved ball physics - all of which seem to slow game play down), im very hyped. Mind you, im always hyped for the newest version of PES regardless of the many many multiple times Konami has let us down.

Re demos and previous versions being better than the latest version (pes19), im in disagreeance here. Last week, while i was going nuts on psVR for the first time (What a great fk experience.. for those who havent tried it.. do it.. great intro to VR... now thats an added mode/feature id like to see in PES hahaha Manager or Keeper mode maybe??). Anyways, to give my eyes a bit of a break.. i played Pes17 (full latest patch version) for 20mins, followed by, Pes 18 (full latest patch ver.), Pes 19 demo, and finally Pes 19 final patched version (all games played on a single 20min superstar full manual way). I know people bag on the imperfect Pes19 AI, but i have to say it feels and plays so much better than any other version. 17 was so rigid in comparison. I noticed a real improvement in reaction time, ball physics, player physics and lighting and turf colour from 17 to 19. 19 kicks 18's ass in everyway for me. 17's ai seems ok, but i cant get past the rigidness and poor ball physics (obviously liked them at the time) in comparison to 19. 18's response time was immediatley noticebly crap compared to 19.. and the colours.. the turf looked so underdone. Anways, my point is that i think Pes19 final version, final patch, is still the best version in all ways.. besides AI. It LOOKS and FEELS the most realistic to me. The AI issues are not game breaking to me. And they did every so gradually improve over the patches. We still dont get the much wanted gun dribblers like cpu messi and hazard taking us on, and no low placement goals by the cpu.. and hopefully Konami has gotten to point to make some changes for 2020. Anways, i think 19 is an awesome base.. so im glad 2020 doesnt look so much different and uses the same engine as gradual upgrades at this point can make the biggest differences in improving the game. I absolutely cannot wait for the demo to hit... im wondering if we do get anymore gameplay vids between now and the 30th.

Can't really disagree with anything you've said there , first touch, physical contact animations and ball physics have all been improved upon which should make for a better game. How the AI plays isn't a massive issue for me either as I mostly play 1v1 local & online. As you said they have been making gradual improvements in many areas of the game which is fine by me as I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking , we'll probably have to wait for new console's using new game engines for that. I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the E3 vids, gameplay is looking pretty good and hopefully with newer builds we'll see further progress , i'm just hoping Konami don't undo some of the good work they've put in come release time in order to make the game more noob friendly. All in all i'm pretty happy with the game so far and i'm looking forward to the demo.

Ps: Played the shark attack VR game on my sons PlayStation and was shitting bricks :LOL:

Really liked this words in Eurogamer arcticle:

"It all means you're thinking about space and players and tempo and movement, all the things you imagine a coach shouting at you in the dugout, instead of about exploiting systems in the game itself. It's about working space for a shot, instead of working space for a certain mechanic you know to be overpowered. Obviously it's early, early days - some mechanic might rise to the surface as overpowered once the wider public gets playing anyway - but from the brief time I had with eFootball PES 2020 it feels intuitive, as attacking with the best players should. More important than that, it feels like you're playing football, instead of a game about it."
Less than a month mates!!

"It all means you're thinking about space and players and tempo and movement, all the things you imagine a coach shouting at you in the dugout, instead of about exploiting systems in the game itself. It's about working space for a shot, instead of working space for a certain mechanic you know to be overpowered. Obviously it's early, early days - some mechanic might rise to the surface as overpowered once the wider public gets playing anyway - but from the brief time I had with eFootball PES 2020 it feels intuitive, as attacking with the best players should. More important than that, it feels like you're playing football, instead of a game about it."
Eurogamer ALWAYS hype PES though. They’re too nostalgic and think PES is still like the good old days.

PlayStation Access are the same too. Every year they say “It’s like playing actual football but in a video game.”

Sick of hearing it.

Good sign even if there is some hype sprinkled in there I assume. My main problem however is this . Time and time again we have seen that however good the game is at launch, it gradually gets gutted throughout the year making any and all improvements made utterly useless to us offliners. It would be ideal if we're given a choice; update to newest patch or no? The onliners can update and we can choose not to. Dont why this has to be this difficult. I'm sure other games do this.

J1 League is unlikely to be in.

Ligue 1 and Liga NOS are in and fully licensed (Ligue 1 had been since PS2 days).

Bundesliga isn't happening.

If they add leagues then they'll be minor ones.
Why is J1 league unlikely? PES MOBILE have it

Just with the awesome new 'Stadium' camera, anyone know or heard if the Konami have finally changed up the manual replay modes... currently is useless, and i still cannot believe you can't have a manual replay, in you currenly used gameplay camera settings. How awesome would it be to have your manual replays in the new customisable stadium camera. Id love that. From the e3 vids, of the replays showing faces etc, it looks like its pretty much the same as 19 which is a shame, mind you, i did hear someone mention (not sure where and what thread) that there was an extra replay angle for manual settings.

With the new 'stadium' cam, i wish Konami would also allow you to take Fk's and Pk's in this gameplay view. I think it was in pes11 that you could take PK's in gameplay view.. awesome stuff.

Why has the free cam replay option been missing for so long? Is it that difficult to implement this in to the game engine?

Not been on much since I joined but would like to ask who's hyped and who's not for Pes 2020 ? :BLINK:
Interested, but not hyped after all the disappointments over the years. I just hope that, as a single player, the game play and team ai will shine through and not feel like playing the same dull, monotonous experience over again. I hope that pes can regain some of that old magic that has been missing imo.

Why is J1 league unlikely? PES MOBILE have it
And PES 2019 on console/PC does not. It is available on mobile only. Based on the status quo, I see no reason for that to change, unless you have a source to confirm otherwise?

And PES 2019 on console/PC does not. It is available on mobile only. Based on the status quo, I see no reason for that to change, unless you have a source to confirm otherwise?
I think it's definitely possible

D-dQ-9OXUAACnxk.png

Honestly, I'm convinced most people here who commented on it haven't even read that Eurogamer preview, because claiming it as 'rubbish' is absolute and utter nonsense. And here's why:

First, the background:
  1. He immediately admits to being a Fifa player
  2. He says the reason he's struggled to get into PES is because of the pin-point passing. Sorry, but isn't this THE MAIN PROBLEM a lot of people here have with PES????
  3. He says previous titles were 'too arcady' - again, another regular comment by people on these forums.
  4. He doesn't even try and claim to have played the whole thing, in fact, he regularly reminds the readers that it's just his impressions on a very short amount of time playing the game.
Okay, great. So before he's even said a single word about 2020 he's clearly not just any old journalist; he does actually play football games, and he's given reasons for why he personally is not a PES player that everyone here should be able to relate to??

Then he gives a brief and frank preview of 2020, mentioning it's speed, movement, and passing, but he ends with the statement:

"Obviously it's early, early days - some mechanic might rise to the surface as overpowered once the wider public gets playing - but from the brief time I had with eFootball PES 2020 it feels intuitive, as attacking with the best players should."

So he plays football games himself, he's given genuine reasons for not being a PES fan, he's not gone completely overboard with his praise, and he's CONSTANTLY left the door open to remind readers that he's only had a short time with the game.

Seriously, why the fuck should this assessment be discounted so rapidly, and the negative views of people who haven't even played the thing be treated as more trustworthy and genuine??

It's embarrassing.

Seriously, why the fuck should this assessment be discounted so rapidly, and the negative views of people who haven't even played the thing be treated as more trustworthy and genuine??

It's embarrassing.

I know you're relatively new here, but the last couple of years we've heard quite a lot of claims from Eurogamer and others who have played the game going on about how passing is "free as a bird" and so on. I don't think its anything against the author or in some cases Eurogamer, just a couple of years of frustration regarding PES 2018 and 2019.

Don't take it so personally.

Honestly, I'm convinced most people here who commented on it haven't even read that Eurogamer preview, because claiming it as 'rubbish' is absolute and utter nonsense. And here's why:

First, the background:

He says the reason he's struggled to get into PES is because of the pin-point passing. Sorry, but isn't this THE MAIN PROBLEM a lot of people here have with PES????
    He says previous titles were 'too arcady' - again, another regular comment by people on these forums.
    He doesn't even try and claim to have played the whole thing, in fact, he regularly reminds the readers that it's just his impressions on a very short amount of time playing the game.
Okay, great. So before he's even said a single word about 2020 he's clearly not just any old journalist; he does actually play football games, and he's given reasons for why he personally is not a PES player that everyone here should be able to relate to??

Then he gives a brief and frank preview of 2020, mentioning it's speed, movement, and passing, but he ends with the statement:

"Obviously it's early, early days - some mechanic might rise to the surface as overpowered once the wider public gets playing - but from the brief time I had with eFootball PES 2020 it feels intuitive, as attacking with the best players should."

So he plays football games himself, he's given genuine reasons for not being a PES fan, he's not gone completely overboard with his praise, and he's CONSTANTLY left the door open to remind readers that he's only had a short time with the game.

It's embarrassing.

History.

folks - i can smell your CO2 from here.

PES 2016 Anniversary Edition five preorder perma-contracts never emanated BACK IN 2015/16.

If that's not enough to teach you guys that konami invented fake news you'll never learn.

make best of what you have right now.

never preorder PES.

First, the background:

He says the reason he's struggled to get into PES is because of the pin-point passing. Sorry, but isn't this THE MAIN PROBLEM a lot of people here have with PES????
    He says previous titles were 'too arcady' - again, another regular comment by people on these forums.
    He doesn't even try and claim to have played the whole thing, in fact, he regularly reminds the readers that it's just his impressions on a very short amount of time playing the game.

It's embarrassing.

Geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom